“Why should I fast?” … is a real question that often goes unanswered. You might hear your pastor, ministry leader or friend talk about fasting and wonder what the purpose of depriving yourself of something really is. After all, why fast when you could simply pray, right?
Throughout Scripture, you’ll discover fasting mentioned from Daniel to Elisha to Paul, and most commonly known, Jesus’ 40-day fast in the wilderness. In today’s teaching, you’ll hear Proverbs 31 Ministries' Director of Theology, Joel Muddamalle, discuss the real reason we should fast and answer the question you might’ve always wanted to understand.
In this episode, you will …
- Learn about fasting in context of Scripture and understand how it can apply to your life today.
- Understand how fasting is part of many spiritual disciplines that are outlined in Scripture to help us look more like Christ.
- Discover how going “without” can help you reposition your heart and mind toward God through your ultimate need for Him.
- Although we want to ensure fasting is a private event between you and God, we do want to encourage you to anonymously share how we can pray for you on our prayer wall. At Proverbs 31 Ministries, our staff and volunteers pray over each prayer request submitted, and we would love to pray for you! Click here to visit our prayer wall.
- If you’re interested in learning more about spiritual foundations or knowing God, check out our free resource library! This is a great place to start if you’re looking to dig deeper into Scripture and want more insight on questions you have about your personal faith journey.
Click here to download the transcript for this episode