SLL Week 7, Day 3 ~ 13th Annual She Speaks Conference

Email viewers, click here to see video.

This past January I attended my very first She Speaks Conference with Proverbs 31 Ministries, and ladies I have to tell you I absolutely LOVED every minute of it!  After spending time with some of the most incredibly talented speakers and writers from Proverbs 31 Ministries, I walked away with confidence and tools to move forward in the ministry God’s called me to.  The coolest part about hanging out with all my Christian Sisters was first, the undeniable presence of God surrounding our time together.  Secondly, I realized how much they are just like me!  They too experience fears, doubts and insecurities in their daily lives, however they shared how not to give up and let those fickle feelings stop you from pressing on and pushing through with what God has created you to be.

Also if your just not exactly sure where God is calling you, I encourage you to come to the conference and get inspired by the Proverbs 31 team and the other women just like you who will be attending.  I promise you will leave this event with a new passion and desire to seek God’s purpose for your life like never before.

And last but certainly not least, the one and only Michael Hyatt will be the keynote speaker of this year’s 13th Annual She Speaks Conference!  Michael Hyatt’s “mission is to help you live with more passion, work with greater focus, and lead with extraordinary influence”.  I personally cannot wait to hear a message from this gifted leader and author of New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestseller, Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World.

REMEMBER every time you leave a comment your name goes in the Friday Giveaway drawing from Linda Kuhar, Christian Life Coach!   We will be announcing 2 winners for the virtual mini-retreat Discovering God’s Will for your life! Leave a comment today on how this week’s chapter is motivating and challenging you.

***If you missed the Day 1 assignment you can access it here.

***If you missed the Day 2 assignment you can access it here.

Comments

1. This will be my third She Speaks Conference and I can hardly wait!
    If you’ve never been, it is the ONLY conference you need to attend. From the moment you arrive, until you leave, you are blessed beyond measure. Every action, every word spoken has been covered in prayer. Everything is designed for you to learn as much as possible while you are there and to take away the information and knowledge you need to be the author, speaker or leader that God has called you to be. And this year, to have Michael Hyatt as the keynote speaker is the icing on the cake!
    Obviously, I love this conference and can’t say enough abut it!

• Marie (Ree) says:

Edwina, I have decided to attend the conference (first timer). I’m really looking forward to it! My major in college was communications with a minor in journalism….don’t ask me how I got off track, ended up working in Finance. It has provided a stable income but never fulfilled the desire in my heart to write!
      I have tons of questions, like shoukd i take my computer? Do i need to get a Blog started before I get there ( im on the wordpress wait list…i was hoping they could steer me through it. so i guess i need my computer huh?)
      im so not a seasoned traveler either. Pray that my travel plans go smoothly. I’ve never travelled alone in a my 51 years so I’m a little a anxious about it. Guess I can finally check this off my bucket list and be a big girl now!! LOL. I’m coming in for the preconference on Thursday & look forward to meeting you and sone of the other ladies in July!! Have a great day!

• Katrina says:

It’s going to be my first time too and I’m right there with you with a million questions going through my mind! Excited, but also very nervous!

2. Brenda E says:

After hearing about the She Speaks Conference, it sounds like something I would love to attend. Many people have told me I should write a book about my experiences raising my handicap daughter, and as a manager of an operating room, the leadership skills is something I can use everyday. I will have to make a conference a goal of mine to attend. Spending time in an environment where God is the front and center to provide solutions to everyday problems is an exciting event.

• Barbara Prince says:

Brenda, I pray that God provides a way for you to get to attend. Our God is able to make a way even when it seems beyond impossible. Also, I hope you do write a book about your life experiences. It would bring encouragement to many in similar situations.
      B. Prince OBS small group leader

3. Karen R. says:

That sounds awesome! This morning I am just holding onto the verse that says I will never abandon you, Karen. (Heb 13:5) Has been that kind of week! Please just lift me up in prayer ladies!

• Pat (OBS small group leader) says:

He will never abandon you, Karen! I was praying this for those still trapped in rubble in Moore…that God would give them courage as they waited for rescue. Praying for strength and courage from the LORD for you, too, this morning!!

4. Jennifer says:

Excited to report another good day in the challenge – not perfect by any stretch of the imagination – was unhappy with my kiddos and the way they treated each other in the morning. I’ve been working on getting back to Phil 4:8 thoughts after my attitude takes a nosedive, and it’s been really helpful. After calming down, I reminded myself of what blessings they were and all the wonderful things about them, which got me back on track.

The work day went well, with God providing the nudges I needed to do what I needed to do when I didnt’ want to! :) And, best of all, when several challenging e-mails came in from my co-worker I struggle to play nicely with in evening, there was minimal angst (huge! Yeah!) and just calm, polite responses explaining why I couldn’t do as he asked, knowing that my responses were polite, Godly, and true.

I think I need to keep this challenge up permanently – I my loving my stress level right now. :) Not that life is perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but focusing on Him really helps me to keep everything in perspective and be confident that I don’t have to do this on my own.

Much love,
    Jennifer

• I am so glad I saw your comment this morning, I have a co-worker that I struggle to play nicely with too. It can be so challenging sometimes, and sometimes mean comebacks go through my mind, and of course I do not say them but I wish I wouldn’t even think them; or even have that frustration and anger that wells up inside! And you are right, focusing on Him really does help to keep everything in perspective, and we don’t have to do it on our own. Thanks for this reminder!!! Praying for blessings for you :)

• Barbara Prince says:

I’m so glad you are taking this challenge seriously and using it in you work place. Even though we endeavor to keep God’s Word in our thoughts it will not keep the enemy from trying his best to put ungodly thoughts into our minds. A minister I once knew said, “you may not be able to keep a bird from flying onto your head, but you don’t have to let him build a nest.” He was talking about this very verse of Scripture. Thoughts come, but we get to choose which ones to keep and act on. It sound to me like you are both doing pretty well!
        God bless you!
        B Prince OBS small group leader

5. ConnieH says:

I am with Karen. The She Speaks Conference sounds wonderful, but right now I am just trying to work through what I’ve already got going on in my life. Soaking in Tracie’s words and consentrating on scripture.

6. DebbieK says:

I really want to attend this conference. I want to be a writer, and I have a desire to speak, so I know it would be a fantastic conference to hone those skills. We just can’t afford it this year. We’ve had some financial battles this year, and we are trying to keep our head above water right now.

7. Praying for peace and blessings for everyone here, and especially those ladies above this comment – keep focused and in faith, you will all do amazing things!!! :)

8. I feel like I’ve lost touch with what God has called me to do with my life. At 37 yrs old, you really feel like you should know! Please pray that as I strive to draw closer to Him and be obedient, He will reveal His plans once again.
    Hanging on to my life verses – Jeremiah 29:11-13 and Proverbs 3:5-6

9. Ladies,
    For those interested who just can’t financially make it this year. Begin saving now for next year! The time will fly by and you will be so glad you invested the savings into something eternal! maybe just start with a jar in your bedroom or kitchen. Begin putting extra change and dollars in. See if you can shave $15 off your grocery budget each week. That would cover She Speaks!

10. Melanie says:

Finally getting to dig into Chapet 7 today! I am very excited!! :-) Ready to face my giants!! My husband, daughter, and I are facing may struggles right now. At almost 40 we are no where near where we thought we would be in life, but we have God and eachother! Its a daily battle, asking for prayers for all of us. Prayers for my husband to have faith in God and to want a closer relationship with God! Prayers that he will not be so stressed out right now and that a job comes his way very soon, so he feel like the leader of our family. I know we will get thru this, but sometimes it is hard for me to be stong for the both of us…

• Barbara Prince says:

Dear Father, I come to you on Melanie’s behalf and ask you to surround her with those who will bring encouragement so she doesn’t feel like she is carry everything herself. Father, please provide for their financial need. Draw her husband closer to you. I pray that he will start desiring you more as he sees his wife following you in peace and joy. Thank you Father that this family is yours. Please meet their spiritual, emotional, and physical needs. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

• Melanie says:

Praying for you!!! Your struggles with your husband sound like some that I am facing in my life. I wish my husband were closer to God. We have always had financial struggles all though we have never went without. I am 42 and my life is not near what I would like it to be. I am praying for u and your family. And with God in your side you can be strong.

11. Melanie says:

I received this devotion after I commented above and just had to share!!! Thank you Steve Aeterburn!!
    Asking for Directions
    by Steve Arterburn
    “I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies.” – Psalm 18:3
    God has a way of showing us that we don’t know as much as we think we do. And He will certainly act when we need to be shown that we don’t know better than He does.

That’s what happened to King Nebuchadnezzar who had to learn a serious lesson in humility. Talk about a severe act of mercy. This once proud king was struck with a mental illness for seven years. His mental illness caused him to roam the pastures outside the palace and chew grass like a cow. After paying the price for his pride, the once self-sufficient and self-centered king said, “Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and exalt and glorify the King of heaven, because everything He does is right and all His ways are just. And those who walk in pride He is able to humble.” (Daniel 4:37) In this confession, three things are important, the words: “everything,” and “all,” and the phrase “His ways.”

These words speak to the king’s new understanding of God’s control and to the choice He wants each of us to make: God’s way or my way? Too often we neglect to ask God, “How do you want me to handle this?” or “How should I respond to this situation in a manner consistent with God’s word?”

The reasons for not asking these questions boil down to one of two issues: ignorance or arrogance. I don’t recommend either. Neither will benefit you, and both carry very high price tags.

• Marie (Ree) says:

Great post. Thanks for sharing the devotional from Steve Arterburn, I love his summation on why we don’t ask for God’s direction in our responses. I pray I will never be too ignorant or arrogant again not to ask!!

12. Sherri J says:

I am a work in progress….I feel I’m doing well with this chapter…not making the giants worse and working on my attitude when things don’t go the way I plan…and that happens a lot….LOL.. My biggest challenge is responding to my teenage son’s attitude and I’m really working on responding to him more in love and not letting his attitude draw me into an argument…as a single mom with no male influence I feel he really tries to push my anger/disapproval button at times…
    I love this whole study. It has really challenged me to be who God wants to become.

• Sometimes it is just nice to know that you aren’t the only one out there going through these struggles. Thank you for sharing. Believe me you aren’t alone. I am right there with you. Being a single mom with a teenage daughter, working on my attitude. I pray you continue to grow! :-)

• Barbara Prince says:

Dear sisters, I want you to know that sometimes even women who have a husband, still don’t have help. My husband thought his job was to work and pay the bills. Everything else was my job, especially the raising of our children. I always felt alone.

13. TABITHA JONES says:

I would really love to come to this conference but it is just a hard time for us financially right now. I feel the Lord leading me to be a speaker I just need some guidace on what I should do. I hope in the future I can attend.
    I hope all you ladies have a blessed day.

14. TJ Conner says:

God is BIGGER! About a year ago my class at church covered a lesson about humans believing God to have human characteristics so we can understand and believe better, but bringing him to our size means we are limiting Him. God is so much bigger than we could ever truly grasp so we tend to cut him down to size to feel comfortable. That lesson took root and pops up again this week. We often let our giants obscure our vision of God. If we focused on how BIG God really is there would be no way to obscure Him from us.
    It reminds me of the eclipse. We let our giants (moon) cover up the sun (SON).
    The reality is that the giants could never be that big, its only when our view changes that it ‘looks’ that way.
    I think that for some of us the difficulty lies in the balance between trusting God and still taking action and taking action and doing it all ourselves. We aren’t supposed to sit on our thumbs and let God bring everything to us. We have to believe and work hard. OK, I get that. I also understand that we have to TRUST that God has a plan and is working it and is with us. Where does the tire meet the blacktop? I think it comes full circle to what we can control and what we can’t. Maybe that’s the first question we need to ask- especially control nuts like me. Can I control my husband’s attitude? Can I control the broken down car? Can I control prices of parts? Can I control my boss? Can I control how I respond to people? Can I control who calls me for an interview? Can I control how many jobs I apply to? Can I control my stress? Can I learn how to use a sling shot???????
    I wish that I was in my own home because I would write these fantastic phrases and verses on the wall to help remind me all day long what I’m supposed to do. I would write the Serenity Prayer and I would write ‘God is Bigger’ and write the word Bigger is huge letters. Jeremiah 29:11 would be written just below the ceiling and wrap all 4 walls of the room. 2 Corinthians 5:7 Live by faith, not by sight would be by the light switch. Can you imagine your study / office / hobby room where you did devotions fills with love, scriptures and encouragement to look on at any time?
    God is BIGGER.
    Keep steppin’ in faith ladies.

15. Debbie Williams (OBS Group Leader) says:

She Speaks is a dream of mine. Praying one day soon I’ll be able to attend! It’s not financial – it is family needs. In January my mom was very ill and died soon thereafter. In July it is right before our first grandbaby is due. In God’s timing I know it will happen!

• Lori K (OBS Group Leader) says:

Debbie, let’s pray for it to happen next year! I would love to be able to finally meet you in person. <3

16. Cindy G says:

I would so love to go to the She Speaks Conference. HOpefully someday, I will have the money to go. It seems like a wonderful place to learn so much from the PRoverbs 31 team and so many others. I truly feel God is calling me to do so much more than I am doing with women’s ministry. I am at that point that I feel stuck and not moving. I know this would be such a wonderful way to know if that is what God wants for me. When the time is right, I know God will make a way.

• Lori K (OBS Group Leader) says:

Cindy, I am praying with you that it happens for you next year. He will definitely make a way. <3

17. Lori K (OBS Group Leader) says:

I would love to go to the She Speaks Conference. It won’t happen this year, but I’m believing that it will in 2014. Can’t wait!

18. The Conference sounds WONDERFUL! Whomever wins will surely receive a blessing from it. I am starting a “bucket list” of things to do after retirement and attending conference will definitely go on that list.

• Barbara Prince says:

Stella, the problem with waiting until retirement is that then you will have less money than you expect and feel older than you expect. I often feel like I have let life pass me by waiting for “one day”. Plan for it sooner rather than later. God will make a way if it is in His plan. (I hope it is)

19. Karen R says:

The She Speaks Conference sounds like an event that is such a blessing to be apart of. I hope to be able to attend one year. I am trusting God for his will and plan for my life. (Jeremiah 29:11). I know he is in control. I just have to keep reminding myself.

20. kim in ma says:

Wow! In this week’s reading I have to admit I have been slacking in my faith. Talking about Giants, I had the wonderful opportunity to spend a little time with a precious sister who has terminal cancer. She has it in many different places & they don’t know where it originated. They have deemed her incurable. What an amazing blessing she was to me! So full of joy, expressing to me that she is so thankful for this illness, because it has given her so many opportunities to share Christ with people. (WOW!) This precious mother of 6 went on to tell me how her only desire is to leave Jesus with these people and hope that every time they think of her they think of HIM. Talk about facing your giant head on with faith. I was totally blown away by her and my new prayer has been that I want that amazing faith! That unwavering, other’s focused, God centered faith! So incredible, I just wanted to share!

• Barbara Prince says:

Thank you so much, my dear sister, for sharing this story. It reminds me that is the legacy I would like to leave.

• Kim – I’m not sure where you are in MA, but I’m in NH. It’s so rare to see anyone from New England. :) Your friend’s unwavering faith is so encouraging! Thank you for sharing that with us!

21. Three days ago I wrote in my journal…What are my Gaints?….the list is still blank. I loved the chapter this week on attitude! Maybe that is one of them? I am struggling with letting myself go there.
    Towards the end of the chapter she states, ” even when we feel abandoned, it is so important that we not allow our feelings to diminish our faith.” After my twins I suffered from severe post pardom depression. I remember lying in bed, feeling numb, and all I could do was call out the name “Jesus ” . He knew my prayers, ones that I could not even voice. I think this was one of the most raw times…. What a giant…. God met me in that place!
    I know even though I am much healthier now that he will show me what my Gaints are if I continue to be open to hearring them.
    I thank you for letting me share. A wordsmith I am not!

• Great story, Jenny, of Jesus meeting you in the rawest of times, in ‘that place’. I have learned that there is power, REAL POWER, in the NAME of JESUS! ( I have always heard it, but finally experienced what it really means)!! When feeling stressed I often,(ok, daily), just start saying ‘Jesus’, over and over and over. Depending on where I am I might need to whisper but He ALWAYS meets me there. REAL POWER!! I just want u to know that although Jesus comes through when we are that down and out, He also will meet you anytime, anywhere with that POWER. There is wisdom in recognizing to use this power all throughout the day, everyday, in times of needing strength and comfort and in times of praise! And I’m pretty sure Satan can’t even be around when the name of Jesus is being spoken! How cool is that! (the enemy, he has to flee, at the sound of your great name)

I am giddy at having discovered the literal power in ‘the name of Jesus’ and I love your story! Thank you for sharing! May you continue to use the name of Jesus for strength, comfort, guidance and wisdom….in Jesus’ Name!

22. Amber Oatman (OBS leader) says:

Wanting to go really bad but waiting on God to see if its in His plans for this year. If not then I will trust that His timing is perfect and go next year for sure =) I can’t wait to meet you all in person and give you a big hug as well!!

23. This chapter hit me alot. I love the statement ” No matter what problems are causing you stress and anxiety. God is BIGGER. I need to remind myself to ALWAYS have a positive attitude that is pleasing to God and not poisoned by stress. I have been praying it up more. LIVE by faith each day. Wow. God fights our giants. These were just a few of my take a ways. God Bless

• Isn’t it awesome to just stop and think about how BIG God really is! It is amazing and brings a smile to my face.

24. Tristine Barry says:

Hi Linda and everyone! Linda, I love your teaching and your blog and am so thankful to experience you through this OBS. I am a wanna be writer and speaker but cannot afford to make this trip. Maybe I can next year, whatever is in God’s plan for me.

As for how this week and the challenge is going, Phil 4:8 is REALLY helping me to switch almost immediately when I recognize my negative, perfectionistic attitude and thoughts. I HATE having these giants in my life because they are giant. Each morning I have woken up shedding a few tears for what I PERCEIVE to be going on in the consequences in my life but this study, the Holy Spirit, and this verse helps me to take a step back and look at the blessings and remember that I have accepted my lot in life-that this is my life where God has placed me, to be the caregiver to my husband and the wife that God wants me to be. I am not where I feel I need to be but progress is being made. I am very thankful to you, all of OBS, and my FB group with Kristy. You guys have made all the difference in the world. Thank you.

Love in Christ,

Tristine

25. Karen R. says:

My biggest giants are family right now. I am trying to keep focused on things that are worthy of praise but sometimes just the pressures of everyday life (family) seem to just seep into every pore of my body! Glad that God gives me grace!!

• I am right there with you! I have to stop myself sometimes and just pray. I will pray that you have a blessed day!

• I am with both you and Renee. The enemy knows right where to hit me and it is family and health. If anything could go wrong in the marriage and parenting department it is hitting me right now. Appreciate prayer as I lift you both in prayer that we can see the source and disappoint that enemy by overcoming!

26. I have been struggling so much with learning to trust God. Its hard to admit sometimes but I believe that I can ask God for help but he isn’t going to help if I do nothing. I take that to extreme and don’t give him any of my problems. This has been a practice of mine for years. Obviously it is a hard habit/practice to break but I have been trying very hard this study. I have been putting into practice this week…when any negative thought or stress starts to corrupt my thoughts…I instantly stop what I am doing and pray that God will help me through the mess that I am thinking about. I change my thought to God is Good and God is great. I trust that He is bigger than my problems. Then I am able to continue with what I was doing. It has been hard to not let my mind wonder with stress or negative thoughts but It has been totally worth not being stressed and feeling happy for I believe that God is bigger. In this chapter I loved the Quote by Chuck Swindoll, “Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. Life just happens, but attitude doesn’t.”
    How true this quote is for me! I started thinking about how and why I react the way I do…I am seriously trying to change and be a better person. I know that the first thing that has to change is my faith and trust in God. So that is what I am working on. SO HARD!!! I am a control freak, type A personality! Just keep praying. I read that every time we sin we please the devil, that doesn’t set well with me so I am changing me now! :-) So God will be happy and not the evil one.

• Barbara Prince says:

Dear Renee, what is the hardest for most of us is thinking we have to do the doing. We want to be in the driver’s seat. You have probably seen stickers that say “Jesus is my co-pilot”, the problem is that Jesus must be the pilot and I must be His co-pilot. It takes some effort to give up control, but oh it is worth it!!

27. Jennifer Small says:

I know that I am not suppose to stress out about the Bible Study but I am so far behind. I have just finished chapter 5 and have not had the time to do the questions for that chapter yet. I feel that everyday life with work, my girls schedules, keeping up with laundry and the house all my time take every waking momemt. Sometimes I feel it must be me not knowing how to manage my time in an efficient manner. But the end of the school year activities and to do are overwhelming me. Sorry I just needed to vent and would love to know if anyone has suggestions on how I can be more efficient. Overall I have really liked the parts of the bible study I have kept up with.

• Barbara Prince says:

Jennifer, please don’t stress over your OBS. None of us want you to do that and each of us have times when we get behind a little. Melissa would tell you the same thing. Trust me, this feeling of stress is not coming from God. The enemy would love for you to just quit! Instead, why don’t you just go ahead and get on chapter 7 and than later, when you have extra time, got back and read the chapter you skipped? You are always going to have this book and you can copy the lessons onto your computer. I have all of them copied so I can read again later. Do not stress! Rejoice in the Lord always instead.
      Love to you sister,
      B Prince OBS small group leader

28. Tristine says:

I am so thankful for you guys for this chapter. I am three years saved and have been told I’ve made leaps and bounds in my walk of faith. But I cannot see this a lot through the dirty glasses sometimes. I am so used to getting the quick fix I am thankful each time I hear this is a process!

I beat up on myself a lot for my giants or for things that I do that I don’t want to do. I am reading the chapters and what I love is her examples. She’s making herself real and these are things that we feel. She reminds me of the hope in Christ Jesus. I would love to know if any of you feel this way sometimes. Love you all.

• Barbara Prince says:

Tristine, you are doing great. The life of faith is a life-long process. We walk each day by faith in our heavenly Father. I’ve been save for decades and still fight battles. The enemy will try to destroy me as long as I am breathing, but he can’t because my God is greater. I will trust and not be afraid. Just stay in your Bible and keep doing Bible Studies. The Word of God will keep you strong.

29. Stephanie W. says:

Love this chapter, but am really struggling with my attitude with a particular person. I just have to hear her name or see her and I immediately feel stressed and frustrated. I then get mad at myself as I should not feel this way about one of God’s children (and a member of my congregation). I feel as a failure as a pastor and as a Christian that I can’t get past these feelings for this particular person.

I have been praying about this almost constantly over the last few days and have even tried to talk to someone else about it. However this person feels the same way, so it did not accomplish much!

Not sure what to do. Somehow ignoring this problem is not making it go away. Seeking some guidance and direction from above.

30. Sounds wonderful, but I am on the west coast in Oregon and do not see this trip coming soon in my future. I pray for all the ladies who go, that they may find direction and inspiration from our Lord!

31. I would love to be able to attend the conference. It sounds so inspiring and just wonderful. I have started a little blog and would love to do more with it but not sure how!! :)

32. Kristen B (OBS team) says:

I hope to someday be able to go to this conference. I would love to meet some of you ladies face to face! It sounds like an amazing experience!

33. jackie s says:

so sorry i won’t be able to attend – sounds like a wonderful conference. i’m in ohio and it’s just too far this year; any idea where/when that it will be next year in 2014?

34. Phyllis Wiley says:

I am so thankful that God has gifted so many of you to be writers, speakers so that those of us without this gift have inspiring things to read and listen to!

35. Bree (OBS FB Team Leader) says:

This sounds like an awesome event!

36. She Speaks sounds really wonderful – what a great opportunity to learn and grow with other women.

37. Katrina says:

I’m so excited and also very nervous to be attending this years She Speaks conference. It will be my first. Thanks for sharing your message today Linda. It has helped to eliminate some of my fears in attending.

38. I think the conference sounds awesome as well. I will definitely be praying about whether it would be God’s will for me to go. This study is amazing and blessed by The Lord . Thank you for all of you and God bless you.

39. Lee Roberts says:

Boy when I listed my giants they started to bother me again. But what has been working for me was to let go of the control and let God handle them because I really don’t have any control over them anyway. Then I ask God what he needs me to do in them. Maybe it is to wait on him and have patience in that area. Or maybe there is a particular action he wants me to take that I would not have thought of on my own. I really just try to lean on him.

40. Christine Ann says:

The ‘She Speaks’ Conference caught my heart and imagination the very first time I read about it last year. I love writing ( nothing in print yet) and I prayed, lord I would love to attend a ‘She Speaks’ Conference. This will entail a massive leap of faith, because here I am in the UK, a long way from the US. So, faith in action has to start somewhere and it is a tiny seed at the moment and maybe it will grow enough for me to save and travel to attend next year. Maybe even a group of us from the UK??
    In the meantime I will continue to improve my writing skills and sumbit all my plans and desires to the Lord ( and fears , as I have only flown once ever, and that was only into Europe!!).

41. I cannot wait to get to She Speaks this year! It will be my second time (I also attended in 2011) but it will be my first time flying alone and rooming with someone I don’t know. God is stretching me and growing me in some areas that desperately need growth and full reliance on Him! I am excited about meeting my OBS sisters face to face and I will probably cry a lot! When I close my eyes I can picture the prayer room and already have my spot picked out on the floor! Ready for refreshing, restoration, renewal, change, and everything else God has for me there. And yes, I agree, Michael Hyatt as our Keynote is more than I could’ve asked for! Can I start packing NOW? ;)

42. I would SO love to attend something like this, but just don’t know that it is in the plan for this year. Loving the study and Facing some Giants this week! Thanks to all of you for bringing the study to life.

43. This will be my first She Speaks Conference and I almost can’t stand it, I’m so thrilled to be able to attend! This is a dream that’s been in my heart for a few years – and it has been amazing to watch God work to bring circumstances and timing together to realize this dream this year.