Wow. God. Is. Amazing.

Question: Want to know where you can gather with friends from 105 different countries to study the Bible?

Answer: Right here at Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies!

Me: Say what?

Me Again: Wow. God. Is. Amazing.

I just checked the Online Bible Study sign ups to see where you all are from. When I saw the number of countries, I thought for sure there must be some mistake.

105

P31OBS 105 Countries Y2G

The word is really getting out about our little Bible study group for What Happens When Women Say Yes to God. Isn’t this so exciting to think that we can be a part of something that brings this many women together all in the name of Jesus?

A lot of people who are new to OBS (Online Bible Studies) wonder how an online study can really work.  I wondered how it would work, too, at first. I thought for sure it would seem impersonal and lonely. That turned out to be so far from the truth.

When you log on to our Proverbs 31 Online Bible Study, you are not just doing a study. You become a part of something special. A trusted community. A loving family. A place where you belong and you get to be yourself. And, oh yeah, let’s not forget the best part~ you gain hope, faith, and confidence through God’s Word and the love & prayers of His people. Lifelong friends from around the world have met through Proverbs 31 OBS.

And to any of you who are here for the first time or thinking about maybe signing up–Just do it :)  We would LOVE for you to join us here! God has been doing great and amazing works through these studies, so why not go ahead and give it a try? Just say “Yes” and join us for What Happens When Women Say Yes to God! Click here to learn more about the study and to sign up.

To help some of our newer ladies out, how about those of you who have been with us a while, share in the comment section today how OBS has worked for you, and why it works for you. And new ladies, if you have any questions about P31 OBS, our next study, or whatever, just ask. You can leave your questions in the comment section and someone here will answer it for you.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Love,

Melissa <3

Want to win a copy of What Happens When Women Say Yes to God for our next study? We will be having MANY opportunities for you to do just that during the weeks leading up to the study. Just keep checking my blog for details (or sign up to receive my blog emails, just below my picture in the right column).

My friend and co-leader of the next study, Nicki Koziarz, is giving away 3 Yes to God Prize Packages and it’s super easy to enter. Click here to visit her blog to get details. Winners announced next Monday so you still have time! You must visit her blog to enter this particular contest.

Comments

1. felicia says:

One More Yes

2. I loved the previous study! I learned so much from the comfort of my own home.
    I learned how to do verse mapping and concentrate and focus on a Bible verse which made it have more meaning. And it wasn’t like I was just doing it
    by myself I had others to help me learn by seeing their own examples. Most if all I learned that I am not alone in my worries concerns issues there are others the same and its not just me. Thanks so much for all y’all do at proverbs 31 and for the online Bible studies. Hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th!!

3. Lisa Little says:

One More Yes! I’m in it!

Very excited!! My FIRST Bible study ever!

• Yay Lisa! You are going to love it & you will meet new friends who are also growing in their faith :) The community here is so supportive!

• Welcome! With each OBS I have done I finished with thoughts of wow that was great and wondered how it could get better! I grow within my faith and understanding and make friends along the way. Each new study brings yet more understanding and I also discover things that I am not aware of in myself. I love the intimacy of being with a wonderful community that not only laughs with us but also cries and prays with us and I don’t have to leave home. Just know that you do need to set aside time to not only do the study but to reflect. I have more fun and always wander how someone in the study can verbalize what is difficult for me.

4. Barbara Prince says:

Welcome to all of you who are signing up for What Happens When Women Say Yes to God! If this is your first Online Bible Study, just relax. This is a place of acceptance and safety. You will meet some pretty amazing women and you will get to know a very amazing God even better! I’m so glad you have chosen to join us. If you happen to be undecided or unsure, let me encourage you to just trust God with this. Let this be an act of faith. You won’t regret it. God bless everyone of you who are visiting this site.
    Blessings and prayers,
    B. Prince (OBS Small Group Leader)

5. Makeeta says:

One more yes!!!

6. Jeanie Kelley says:

When I saw this online a year back I thought wow I could do a study that is online so when it is snowing outside I would not have to get out to go. I could stay here and do the study online. My first study was A Confident Heart by Renee Swope and I loved it. It helped me get a new confidence in God and I had so much fun learning how God really saw me. Then when they offered it again I thought boy I did not get enough from the first time I want to go back and do it all again. I did then I was hooked and hooked indeed. When I saw the new books coming out I thought I would want to do these. I do not have a whole lot of women friends at church and I thought this would be a good way to connect with other women and it has been. God has been so good to me in helping me meet so many precious people on the face book page that I have decided that this year I will be not attending the church Bible study and will be here for it. This gives me time to really work on the study and I only have one study to think about. I heard so many stories of how I would not be getting connected, but oh they have been dead wrong. I am connected and I love it so much. Thanks to you Proverbs 31 Ministries for bringing God and friends into my life. Blessings to you all.

7. I’m excited to find the comment section ;-) my first online study. Excited about what I will learn. Verse mapping sounds interesting. Can’t wait to meet y’all and get started.

• Hi Connie, so glad you found the comment section, too. You will become very familiar with it through the study. Welcome to your 1st online Bible study, sit back relax and enjoy!

• Connie, I felt the same way about verse mapping when I was introduced to it! I can actually say now that I will never look at another verse of The Word as I had before knowing how to verse map it! God has opened my mind to understand His words in ways I never did before. I truly can not grasp how having the Bible apart from the verse mapping tool was as rewarding as it was for me! I am on fire, in love, and passionate with my Lord, and I give credit to the verse mapping that took me to a new level in this season of my life! “Thy words were found, and I did eat them, and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart; for I am called by thy name, O Lord God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16. KJV

• Pamela, love that verse! Perfect. :)

• Barbara Prince says:

Hi Pamela, I know what you mean about how the Word of God just begins to opens up to us when we make it our own. That is really the way God wants us to read the Bible. It is God Word spoken to us. It speaks to me personally. It is my guide book. I’m so glad you are a part of OBS.
        Barbara P. (OBS Small Group Leader)

• Hey Connie, you are gonna LOVE it! SO much encouragement from sisters in Christ, and fun times, many good memories! so glad to have you with us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!☺♥☺♥

8. For anyone who might be wondering whether or not to sign up for this online bible study, I want to tell you DON’T hesitate—it will be so rewarding and beneficial to you. I just finished the one “Stressed-less living” and it was wonderful!. I can hardly wait for the next one to start. It brings you closer to God and you learn so many things.
    I am so happy I have found Proverbs 31 Ministeries they are a true blessing!

• We are very happy you are returning. I love that you mentioned that it brings you closer to God, I totally agree. I also learn so much from these studies AND from all the lovely women studying with me that are so full of knowledge.

• Lauren Beach(OBS Group Leader) says:

This is awesome Martha! Super excited you are returning as well. I agree with both you and Amanda ~ these studies do bring you closer to God.

9. I just finished my first OBS. It truly can change your life. I always thought Bible Studies needed to be around a table with people I knew from our church family. The breath of support and knowledge you receive from women from AROUND THE WORLD truly extends your church family tenfold. Love abounds in this study – I have signed up for the next one for the better person I am becoming with the help of my OBS friends. JOIN – it is life changing. Blessings.

• Oh Susan it just warms my heart to read your comment. So glad to see that God is using OBS to help you make positive changes in your life. So glad you will be studying with us and growing even more during ”Yes” :)

10. Pat (OBS small group leader) says:

I found OBS when we were searching for a new church home. At first I just followed Melissa’s blog for “Made to Crave” in January of 2012, followed by “An Untroubled Heart”. I wanted to dig in deeper and get to know some of the other gals, so I joined a group for “I Used to Be So Organized”. I love OBS not only for the fellowship with other Christian ladies, but for the way we dig into God’s Word and grow together.

• Oh miss Pat, I am ever so thankful that God brought you to OBS. You have so much to offer others in these studies and have been such a wonderful friend and encouragement to me. Thank you for investing in me :)

• Pat (OBS small group leader) says:

And I share that sentiment of YOU, Amanda!! God is SO good in His provision!! :D

11. I stumbled upon OBS at the beginning of 2012 during the Made to Crave study. I loved that study and everyone since then. I have really grown close to God, been more consistent (still developing this) in being in my Bible, and have gained a ton of like minded Jesus sisters as my friends! I have never had this wonderful of an experience in any in person Bible study I have attended. You are definitely welcomed with open arms in OBS!

• Barbara Prince says:

Amanda, you are such a joy to know. Your insight into the Word of God and your encouragement to all the ladies taking OBS is so much appreciated. I love OBS because of women like you! Thank you for all you do with P31.
      Love and prayers,
      Barbara

12. TJ Conner says:

I was introduced to P31 through a friend after I had moved to the other side of the country. I was missing my friends and having a hard time getting work. She suggested we do this online Bible study together and we could talk about what we were studying. This was a fantastic way to stay in touch and feel like I wasn’t so far away. It was a lifeline. I always needed to do daily devotions and never did it. this study helped me set a schedule so I could do my study every day and create a good habit that I can continue and help me grow. One of the most wonderful things about these studies is the women who are willing to share in the comments. Knowing there are other women going through the same or similar things in their lives is helpful and helps me feel less alone. Knowing these women are from 105 different countries is fantastic! That is so inspiring. One day I’ll get to the conference. You should take advantage of this opportunity because you’ll end up doing what I did- sharing it with all your friends!

• Barbara Prince says:

Dear TJ, I’m glad you found OBS too! I agree with you that as we see other women have the same issue we do, it helps us feel less alone and more connected. I love that I have women who will pray for me and encourage me. I hope you have found a home church where you now live.
      B. Prince (OBS Small Group Leader)

13. Pat Hill says:

One More YES!! This will be my second OBS through Proverbs 31. When I did A Confident Heart with Renee Swope, I fell in love with doing this study. When you think that you are in your own home in front of the computer doing the study – all of a sudden you get this feeling that the room is full of ladies with all kinds of support. Not to mention the Spirit of the Lord in the room!!
    If this will be your first time, by all means say “YES” it will be the best time you have given to yourself.
    Thank you ladies, for offering this study and the prayers that are already going out to bless this study is exciting.
    The other thing about doing an OBS is that it opens up doors to share easier with people that may go online and check it out before they might even step into a church or go with you to a Bible study. What a witness this ministry gives.
    God Bless – Happy 4th to everyone as we can praise GOD for our FREEDOM!!

• Barbara Prince says:

Oh Pat, I agree. We are really a family of God’s girls gather from all over the word to learn more about God, our Father and more about His Holy Word. What an encouragement you have shared!
      Love and prayers,
      B Prince (OBS Small Group Leader)

14. My first OBS ever was the one we just completed, Stressed Less Living. I found it by chance, (Thanks to God for directing my way on the worldwide web!) and I was more than richly blessed by the book, journaling, verse mapping and the close connection I felt to each of the teachers, online partners and their stories! If this is your first time to an OBS, welcome! Only three things you need: the book, an open heart and the willingness to let go and let God make the transformation….you won’t be disappointed!!!

• Barbara Prince says:

Hi Pamela, I’m glad God directed you to OBS. I know these studies have been life changing for me too.
      Be blessed!
      Barbara (OBS Small Group Leader)

15. After reading all the comments here, I can’t wait to get started! This is also my first time here. :)

• You won’t regret one minute of it, Shari! It is beyond words the blessing that comes from sharing viewpoints, stories, and for some, testimonies to all The Lord has to offer! Welcome!

• Shari,
      Welcome to Online Bible Studies! I’m so happy you are joining us! It is my prayer that you will be richly blessed by our study and know that you are loved and appreciated by all of us here and especially by God!
      Blessings to you :)

• I’m with Shari. The upcoming study is my 1st online study of any kind. I’m excited to begin and see what God has in store for me.

• Shari, I feel the exact same way. I’m so excited to start. I have to admit, I still don’t get where or how this works

• Barbara Prince says:

Dear Linda and Sheri,
        I know the first study I did, I was a little apprehensive and very unsure of myself. However, it was no time at all before I felt right at home. There will always be someone who can answer your questions and if you need them, the Leaders of P31 are just a phone call away. I had to make a couple of calls myself during my first study. Everyone here is so nice and so supportive!
        Praying that God blesses both of you abundantly,
        Barbara P. (OBS Small Group Leader)

• Very well said! I have called the office for questions and ALWAYS find a friend on the other end of the line. You can even talk to Melissa without feeling like you are interrupting! I have called on several occasions and asked a question and just ask for prayer! Not many places in this world where you call and come away knowing you are part af a community of caring and loving folks! To all of you who are joing us for the first-time be blessed and know God loves you and so do all of us who are participating! And welcome back to those who have one or more studies under your belt.

16. I had been using the You Version online Boble, poking around, doing some programs, but still came away not understanding a lot of what I was reading. Around the same time, a gal at a small bookstore showed me Lysa’s books. Read one on my own and then found P31. What I was missing was these honest, insightful women. Not just the leaders, but everyone who posts their own comments, including the trials and troubles in their lives as well as the praises and joy in their lives that have come through faith in God’s word. I love my OBS sisters and grown so much spiritually in the last 6 months, I can’t wait to see what the future holds. Love and prayers.

• Barbara Prince says:

Shelia, I agree that everything is helpful. Sometimes reading about someone trials and troubles provides much insight that I need too. I believe this next study will also be life changing.

17. Stacey Keller says:

I am so very grateful for Proverbs 31 Ministries and the online bible studies I have participated in. With my children’s schedules it was hard for me to make bible studies at my church, so when I learned about online bible studies I gave it a try. Let me tell you, I have grown so much in my walk with God and look forward to each and every study. It is hard to describe the relationship you build with ladies you will more than likely never meet, and the encouragement you receive is phenomenal. If you have never tries online bible study, I would highly encourage you to give it a try – I promise you will not be disappointed.

18. This is my first P31 bible study. I’m super excited to get to connect and learn more about our AMAZING God!! I hunger for him and I know it sounds like an excuse, but I am a single mom and work 2 jobs and take care of my 6 year old son. I have not had much God time of me time in a while! I love that I can just go in my backyard early in the morning, which is the only time it’s quite in my house, and get online and connect with so many woman from all over the world and we all have one important thing in common. GOD!!!! I’m super excited! I can’t wait to see how all of this works. Thank you so much for everything y’all do at Proverbs 31!

• Christa H.(OBS Leader) says:

Welcome, Randi! We are so glad you are joining us!

• Randi,
      You are the reason we started OBS, for ladies just like you! Of course you don’t have “me” time…you my sweet new friend are one busy lady! Single moms have their work cut out for them.

I’m so happy you have joined this OBS. Our team has already begun praying for you. <3

19. Trish Cordell says:

I’m happy to announce this will be my 3rd OBS and I thank God for leading me to Proverbs 31 Ministries and their OBS!! The first time I happened upon all this, I was a little skeptical at how it would all work but that skepticism didn’t last long. I was assigned a phenomenal group leader who instantly made me feel welcome and our little group became more like family. And you know what?! It’s ok if you fall behind, and it’s ok if you press ahead!! And if you need to “talk” with someone, there is always someone ready to listen and pray with and for you. There is support and love and most importantly there is God and His word!!

If you have even the slightest hesitation, toss it to the side and come join us and watch God work in our lives as we spend time in fellowship while we open our eyes to His heart!! Blessings and hugs!!

20. Debbie W. (OBS Facebook Leader) says:

God led me to OBS in 2012 after retirement. I wanted to find a study I could do from the comfort of my home. I signed up for “Iused To Be So Organized”. Life changed drastically. I thought I was really close to the Lord, but found out I was dreaming. Has my life change? Yes it has and all for the better. These studies really are not hard but they are life changing. I have never learned from studies at church like I do here. I have been through many studies in my life – remember I am retired. These studies are self-paced. One of the things I like about these studies is the support, love and encouragement you received from the leaders. My mom died this year and these ladies were there every step of the way and still are loving and encouraging. Melissa Taylor loves her girls – every one of us and she is amazing – an amazing woman of God who leads us to learn, to grow, and to be more like Him. I encourage you to try just one – you will love it!

• Debbie,
      You are such a blessing to me and to OBS. I love you and I’m so thankful and happy that God led you to find OBS last year! Your words made shed some happy grateful tears. <3

21. One More Yes
    This will be my first online study and I am not that computer savy but I will try. I need more info about verse mapping ya’ll. Can I start that now? I was so excited I got my stepdaughter signed up and I believe God is going to do great things for all of Us.. Thanks

22. Pamela Smyth says:

Proverbs 31 OBS has been a real blessing to me. I just completed my first study with tracie miles stressed less living. I am going through a tough time at work right now and Proverbs 31 is just the refreshment that I need. I read my daily encouragement devotional each morning before work. I have not learned to blog yet, so no one knows me. Hopefully with the next study! I will blog hop. Please pray for me, I have to stay at my job for 6 years, and there is an individual who would like to see me defeated. God Bless, Pam

• Pamela,
      Thanks for joining us for another study! And we want to get to know you. Even if you don’t do the Blog Hop, that’s ok~ just comment and join the discussions every now and then. So happy to have you with us again :)

• Pam, you are never defeated girl! God goes before you. Leave the “stuff” to Him, and HE will take care of it all. Spend time in prayer – seeking how He wants you to deal with it too.. maybe changing the atmosphere by YOUR Light that Shines – Jesus lives in You, so darkness and gunk of life, is defeated! God is full of grace to help you during this! You go girl! You have slayed the giants – in Jesus name, and by His blood — Wahooo !!! ♥ SOOOO glad you are here with us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Pam I blog hop but I have yet to write my own. Although many of my replies are longer than some blog posts;). Know that as soon as I read your post I started praying for you. Also know that when you post here many are getting to know you. Think about it this way, when you post here you are sitting at a very large table and have not just one or two friends listening but many and we have all had trials! The enemy wants you to think you are alone but God tells us in Jerimiah 29:11-14 that he has plans for you and is always there. All we have to do is ask. God bless you and welcome back.

23. Suzanne says:

YES! I’m excited to join the next OBS. I received my autograph copy of Lysa’s: What Happens When Women Say YES to GOD! This week in the mail. See you July 28th. :)

24. Marie (Ree) says:

I too found the P31 OBS thru my Bible Gateway App. I was getting the Daily Devotionals and read a little further at the bottom of the message one day. That sent me to Melissa Taylor’s website. I was under extreme pressure and stress at work and when I saw the title of the book for the next study (Stressed Less Living by: Tracie Miles) it just made perfect sense to sign up! I’ve been a Bible Study girl and had done several over the years, but having the ability to do this on my own time, when it was convenient for me and in the comfort of my own home was the biggest selling point. I would urge you to always share your story because the comments section is where the community comes alive! As I read others posts I found myself more inclined to pray for others needs which took “self” and put it on the back burner for awhile! I needed that! I needed to get out of my own head and when my focus turned to others I found that my own stressful situation was more manageable. I look forward to continuing this journey to find out what happens when Women Say Yes to God! I am One More Resounding YES!!

• Ree,
      I love what you wrote here! And I agree completely. The comment section is a blessed community where we can come together and encourage, support, vent, pray, and so much more. I’ve learned so much from the ladies in the OBS community.

25. If you are not sure about doing an online Bible study …or about studying the Bible…I strongly encourage you to sign up and jump right in!!! After many years of being very lazy and growing farther and farther away from God and church, I stumbled upon this online study and decided to try it. I can read the book and study the Bible at home, check the blog for great insight, teaching, support and assignments whenever it is convenient for me, and this has changed my life! “Yes to God” will be my 5th Bible study and I couldn’t be more excited!

26. I ‘stumbled’ across this OBS in a google search. Originally looking for a local ‘book club’ I knew I wanted so much more than what I was finding. I had moved to a new state and hasn’t found a church yet. I wanted fellowship with others. I changed the search to Bible studies. When I opened this page, I noticed ‘my’ (lol) life verse in the top corner. That first study was A Confident Heart. Been here ever since, except a brief period recently. I am so excited to be back again and am amazed at the love and friendships formed here. Phone conversations and real life meet-ups are an amazing bonus!

27. Valerie says:

I have met other Christian women I would never have met. We share not only the Bible studies but parts of our lives. We are supportive of one another through prayer and encouragement. Prov 31 Online Bible Study helps you expand beyond your community. This Bibly Study group makes a wonderful addition to my Church based study group.

28. Francisca Morales says:

I can not afford to purchase your book, but can I still follow and do the online study? Thankyou for your time…

• Francisca I couldn’t afford the book at this time but I was able to find on Amazon for much less. I would of loved a signed copy by our leader. I wish I could get you my book. You are right you can follow along & just listening to Melissa each day is so inspirational..

• Happy 4 th to all …. I am so lucky to have the freedom to do this next study! I am so excited … This will be my 2nd one!! It was a bit overwhelming at first but my group was fantastic. Kara kept us going even with her busy life. I still never figured out the mapping & the blog hop scared me but I will re read my Stressed-Less Living & my notes this summer till my group … Which I am going to miss … Starts up again!! Thank you Melissa for you words of encouragement..!!

• Francisca, can you in box me? I would like to help you…
      Donna Balsavich (facebook page) or at dbalsa717@yahoo.com

29. Melissa, all you say is so very true. DIVE in to this amazing and safe place. I guarantee you won’t be disappointed. My life has changed dramatically.

Hope to see you in the next study.

Saying “Yes!” to God,

Tristine

• Tristine, isn’t God good to use people like Melissa to help so many? He is using her – and growing her as well as all of us! It is truly amazing! Love P31 ~~~~~ so glad to have you with us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!☺♥☺♥

30. WOW!!! WOWIE!!!
    Looking at that handwritten list of all the countries being represented by women around the world gave me chills!!! I have NEVER posted a comment on any blog before, BUT I just had to today! The LORD reminded me through this image that HE is a God who cares for people all over the world! His reach and love is beyond my comprehension!! He can speak into someone’s life in Sierra Leone as easily as He can in Los Angeles, CA. I am humbled and reminded that I serve such a loving and merciful God. He is BIG enough to take care of whatever burden or heartache I may have! Our God is an AWESOME God! All glory to HIM!

• AH, this IS a missions field! And look how far the places are that are being reached!

Matthew 4:23 Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people.

Matthew 28:19
      Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Mark 16:15
      And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world,
      and preach the gospel to every creature.

Mark 13:10 And the gospel must first be preached to all nations.

• Mandy,
      I’m so glad you left a comment! Your words make me smile and warm my heart! I hope you will keep sharing with us here!

31. I cannot even remember how I found Proverbs 31 or OBS. I started getting the daily devotions and they always were just what I needed. Then I think it was through a devotion that led me to dig deeper with P31 and join a OBS. My first one was A Confident Heart by Renee Swope in 2010 or 2011. It was such a blessing to me at that time bc I was going through a hard time. What’s great about OBS is you can be as involved as you like, comment/share when you want- no pressure, it’s convenient to your schedule, and everyone is so real, honest, & encouraging. It helps to know you are not the only one going through something. I just completed Stressed Less Living and was involved in a Facebook small group for the first time & really liked being able to connect with a smaller group of ladies. Share stories, struggles, prayers, and praises. Thank you OBS!

32. Lauren Beach(Team Leader) says:

I strongly encourage anyone to sign up today ~ you will not regret it. This on-line bible study is amazing and it works great with your own schedule! You can connect with “Real Women” that are facing things just like you and I.

I have been apart of OBS for awhile now and I love it.I feel my walk with the Lord is stronger and closer! As they say you can keep learning more and new things from the bible everyday, things you might have missed and it is so true. These Bible studies grab you in a way you never expected and I believe life changing because they have been for me! I am on a great team of leadership, group leaders and women who are crazy about God and want to share his word. The love and support you feel here is amazing.

So come on, join me and my sisters in Christ and give a big “One More YES”

33. Theresa S says:

This is my first online bible study. Actually God woke me at 2am one day to read my emails and I had received the email about this bible study. I immediately ordered the book and I’m waiting in anticipation to see what God’s wants to show me through study. I know the daily encouraging words from P31 speak to my heart, so I can only imagine what “What Happens When Women Say Yes to God!” is going to bring!!!

34. Rosemary says:

Can’t wait to start. This is my first woman’s study. I have done other studies on line, but none that have been so interactive. I am very excited to begin.

35. I’m super excited for this OBS to begin & a little confused, lol. I don’t understand where we meet or how. But, I love reading all the comments. I’m looking forward to creating new friendships & growing closer to my Lord & Savior. I know this will be a life changing experience. Thank you!

36. Online – which I am. Often.
    Bible – which I need. Daily.
    Study – which I enjoy. Always.

The impact of Melissa Taylor’s OBS on my life has been huge! My Bible has gotten such a workout. My desire to please God instead of men has grown immensely. Each time I log on to this web page to get the day’s assignment, or watch the day’s video, or read through the prayer requests, I am filled to abundance.

The community that is fostered here, in this OBS place, is safe. It is welcoming. The women are genuine and encouraging.

There is such great hope here.

And God is So Very Evidently at work.

I thank God often for Melissa Taylor’s vision for OBS and for the team that carries out that vision, study after study. What a gift it is!

• Thank you for sharing! There IS hope! The bible and the teachers he has placed before us are here to help – and we help by praying for each other, and by encouragement, and love – Just love how the internet is being USED for GODLY purposes, to bring LIGHT into a dark world!!!!!!!!!

Glad to meet you – even if it is thru FB !!! We are sisters in Him!

• Janet F says:

Online – which I am. Often.
      Bible – which I need. Daily.
      Study – which I enjoy. Always.

THIS IS GREAT MISSY!!!!! :) YOU ARE AWESOME!!! ♥

37. I have read several of Lysa’s books. That’s how I found Proverbs 31. I did her Unglued study on DVD. I live on a farm in a rural community and go to a country church. I am starving to death at my church. My husband and I read the P31 devotion and the Bible together on a daily basis. I need and carve more. I don’t know why but I feel nervous about connecting for this study. I often times feel uncomfortable with strangers. I am praying God will use this study to direct my path and unleash my heart.

• Don’t feel nervous girl, we are here for you! You can share as much or as little as you are comfortable with. There are no requirements on how much you share, you are going to love this! :) I Hope you already signed up because we can’t wait to get to know you more :)

• Oh Cheryl, He will use this study to encourage you. We are such a fun group, no judging, or condemnation.. only grace that abounds thru the LOVE OF CHRIST! So glad you are with us, please sign up for a small group on FB – it becomes so much deeper than just reading blogs etc… (and the blogs are amazing!!!!!!!!! and GOOOOD!!!!) You will enjoy the togetherness of P31 studies~! And the books are all great teaching tools – we have all grown so much as we learn and seek God’s plan for our lives!

• Donna Harris (OBS Small Group Leader) says:

Cheryl,
        I had a young lady in my group for Stressed-Less Living. She is so shy. But because of the love of the ladies in our group she came out of her shell little by little. The love of God is here and it will comfort you. You will be blessed.

38. Peace and Blessings to all, I’m excited to join this bible study, I’m still a bit lost in the site trying to find my way around and learn how everything goes :-) I’m looking forward to making new friends in Christ and building great relationships! Feel free to help me find my way..lol!
    Be blessed,
    First Lady
    Reenae Jones

• Welcome Reenae! If you ever have specific questions, just ask :) Right now you just need to sign up for the study in the top right hand column & if you would like the posts to be sent to your email (I highly recommend) so you don’t miss anything sign up under Melissa’s picture in the right hand column. Go ahead purchase your book if you haven’t yet and then wait for the study to start on July 28, while waiting get to know others by posting and sharing on posts Melissa makes (she will be doing some giveaways :) so glad you have decided to study with us!

39. To all participants these studies have been a life line in my crazy life. To all new ones don’t stress or worry. Just enjoy. I find I have not been able to do as much as I would like but even the daily encouragement as gotten me through and given comfort. At first I stresed over the fact that I couldn’t complete each day or week..but God does know what you need as you face your days and your challenges. One final thought is to say thanks to all of you who have left comments throughout the past weeks. ..they have helped to remind me of how much God does love each of us..and while we don’t always understand we can still trust him to guide us through each moment. GOD truely is amazing!

• God is so good all the time! Starr God loves you more than you can ever imagine! Isn’t it so amazing how no matter what our past holds, He doesn’t keep a record but loves us all the same! Thank you for sharing!

40. Welcome to all the new ladies! I can promise you wont disappointed. Melissa and the P31/ OBS team has given me so much encouragement to face day to day struggles and accomplishment through the eyes of the Lord, I praise the Lord when Im blessed and I know that I can turn and give everything to the Lord and not be alone in my burdens.
    I just finished my seconded study and honestly with all my heart before I found this wonderful group of ladies I would still be searching for the Lord, I would be still a lost and empty person with no direction because of my burdens. They provide me the tools and the light for me to seek out for His love, I have been saved by His mercy and salvation. <3
    This is a safe place to be real and have real hope, to be loved as you are, to get encouragement and to encourage each other. I could go on and on about everything this place means to me, but you will soon find the same thing thousands of other women and I have found. LOVE…. <3 LOVE FOR GOD…. <3 LOVE FOR EACH OTHER… <3 AND PEACE OF MIND KNOWING THAT YOU ARE LOVED THE SAME… <3

41. Janet F says:

I agree with so many of you that it is so awesome to do a study at home at the time of day that works best for me, if I don’t get on one day I can still go back and catch up whenever I have the time. This works so great for me. I had not been in a Bible study for a long time because of time issues and schedule issues. I am so blessed by being able to do these OBS’s. I absolutely love them. I had never heard of verse mapping and learned how to do that by Heather Bleier’s blog post: http://heatherbleier.com/2012/06/13/a-day-with-jesus/ and also by those of you who blog and would post photos of your verse mapping that you had done for the week’s verse on blog hop Thursday. I love how we can post prayer requests and praises and someone is always praying for our requests. Doing these OBS’s is like having a little piece of HEAVEN right here on earth. This is a place of safety and encouragement, and that is something we all want, need and crave. Melissa and all the leaders and behind the scenes people are awesome and are a blessing!!♥ Love all of you gals!! I had never heard of Proverbs 31 Ministries or these OBS’s until Nov. of 2011. The Lord brought me to them and I am hooked for life!! GOD IS GOOD!!! I have done all the Melissa Taylor OBS’s since I heard about them and have loved everyone of them. The conference calls have been awesome too!! These OBS’s are changing my life!!! :)

• Debbie W. (OBS Group Leader) says:

Amen and Amen Janet – I had the same time constraint issues mostly with our Bible Studies being at night and I want to be home with my hubby at night. I had never heard of verse mapping either, nor had I ever blogged . Melissa Taylor and all the leaders share all they know guiding us to learn and helping us to grow not only spiritually but technically. I have never grown in the Bible like I have this past year.

42. I just finished my first online with Proverbs 31. I had a wonderful time and feel so connected to my stressed-less sisters. I have friends now living in many states. God blessed me in that I have learned how to draw closer to Him and trusting in Him. I’ve done other online studies and it was just me and I finished that study but felt so alone. So don’t think twice join us today and “just say yes”!

43. Not quite sure why this makes me feel like I am literally jumping off of a cliff but it does. I started the last study and did not post and participate in this fashion and therefore did not complete the study. Maybe this will make me more accountable. This format will allow me to be honest and not try to hide behind what I think I should be saying in a bible study at church. I am very anxious and excited to say “yes”.

• Debbie W. (OBS Group Leader) says:

Gin so glad you are back with us. I found too it is much easier for me to participate here on line than it is sitting in a chair at church. I am not good at speaking off the cuff – I’m a thinker so this fits for me or works for me. I love it and have grown from an introvert to an extrovert. Anxious with you that you said Yes and so glad you shared. Keep it up – I promise you will grow and it will make the study more meaningful for you. I was shy too during our first study, but found the more I posted, the more I wanted to and the more God revealed to me.

44. This is my first time participating in an online Bible Study and I am excited! I’m wondering how it all works, but I am sure I’ll catch on as we go… do we all meet at the same time? Do we have an online “chat” session? How does it all work? :) Sorry if the answers to these questions are posted elsewhere… :) I just wanted to say hi and I can’t wait to start learning with and from you all! :)

• Janet F says:

I felt the same way Katie, you will catch on, it is not hard at all :) You get on here when you can. There are assignments posted or posts on here everyday and you do what they say and comment on here about it or you don’t even have to comment. I did not comment at first, I just read the posts and learned so much from others who posted the insights God had given them. Some days there are videos which I love. A few times I could not get on so I would do it the next day. It is so awesome that you can do it at your own convenience. Glad to have you with us. God bless you ♥

45. Michelle H. says:

My first study was the last one (Stressed-less Living) and I was very surprised at how much I was able to learn from it. I wasn’t sure how the online format would work for me as I was so familiar with face-to-face studies. I am looking forward to the next study and the opportunity to continue with my facebook small group.

• Debbie W. (OBS Group Leader) says:

Michelle I found through OBS that I learn like I never have before. It is easy but intense and they know just how to do it so we do learn. I normally am not a retainer. With these studies the format provides what I need to remember details like I never have. So glad you are back for YES!

46. Leslie Allgyre says:

I am SO excited to start my first OBS. I have even asked some women from my Church to join in!

I am a Yes Woman!

47. linda h says:

Hi, I think I signed up for YES to God study, I’m not very good at online social media, but tried to touch the right place to join, even signed up I’m Facebook so I wouldn’t miss anything. So looking forward to this study, getting to know God and His ways more. I have my books & am ready to go. I’m in Vancouver Wa. I’m hoping to make some new friends, too. May God bless everyone who will be teaching & all of us who are being taught. Hope everyone is having a happy 4th, mine is quiet.

• Debbie W. (OBS Group Leader) says:

Linda you should get an email if you signed up. Click on it to confirm. Also if you want to be in a facebook group you can friend Lisa Kramp and she will take care of your. So happy to have you here with us. You will make new friends – I have. I have made so many friendships and have even traveled to meet some of them I have met. YES!

48. Cassandra says:

This will be my first time joining P31 OBS and I am super excited! I purchased my book yesterday and it’s taking all that I have not to jump in now. Thank you for this opportunity. I can’t wait!! TGBTG (To God be the Glory)

49. Janna W says:

Stressed Less Living was my 1st OBS and I enjoyed it very much! I also love my Facebook small group. So excited 4 the study 2 start!

50. linda h says:

Thank you Debbie. I will friend Lisa and I did receive a confirmation email. Love the way you all respond so quickly!

51. Christine Ann says:

Hi, Hoping it is not too late to leave a comment.. Being a part of the various OBS at Proverbs31 has been transforming for me over these last 18 months. It all began with A Confident Heart by Renee Swope and continued through Unglued by Lisa Terkeurst, Greater by stephen Furtick, Psalms 53-69 Study- Trusting God for a Better Tomorrow with Wendy Pope and now catching up with Psalms 1-41 study through the summer months, and not least the deeply transforming Stressed-less Living by Tracie Miles OBS with wonderful, cheerful Melissa and friends.. Now ready to take on When Women Say Yes to God, the book is purchased and I am signed up.. I have given myself the further challenge to start up a blog, so that I can join in the blog hop days and feel more connected..
    A year ago I felt strongly that I needed to become skilled in the use of God’s Word in the Bible. My first step was to speak to my Pastor at church, he suggested Bible school training, which would entail a lot of money and being away from home every month, a big commitment.. I waited on this in prayer and then a massive family upheavel occured and I knew for certain that was not the way to go. THANKFULLY.. I have gained so much skill and insight from all of the OBS, with renewed self examination/reflection and application to real life situations that I realise God was using all of this to shape and change my life and become better equipped to use the Word of God in writing and in the women’s pastoral work in my church.
    I would whole heartedly encourage any woman out there who is thinking about joining an OBS , especially this next one, to jump in and enjoy the journey. It is life transforming and who knows where it will lead you….

52. Melanie F says:

This will be my second OBS class – the first being with Wendy Blight – Quiet My Anxious Heart. I learned so much with Wendy and can’t wait for this one. I have received my autographed book – then I also downloaded an e-book version so I am covered! I have also looked at the OBS archives and think, I will review the Unglued study since I have the e-book while waiting. Melissa – I can’t wait for this new one!!

53. Yes, God is amazing Melissa! Look what He did with your Yes. Can’t wait for the study!!

54. I have never done this before, so not quite sure how it all works. I guess I’ll learn as things move forward and fumble around some. What is the best way to get the most out of this format….it’s not like a small group to share ideas, see body language or have one on one followup for stupid questions (I know, I know…there is no such thing as a stupid question….but that’s not the point is it..the point is being vulnerable with someone you have had eye contact with and get that gut feel for, not a whole big group of folks you don’t know)

55. Vanessa says:

Online bible study has made a huge difference in my life. It’s where we can be real with each other and learn from each other. We are all in this race of life together so why not lean on each other and jump on board!!

Love
    Vanessa

56. Diane Nelson says:

what time is the bible study?

• Hey Diane–the way I understand it (and it may be wrong since I’ve never done this before, is you can log on anytime..and read/post/reply…not sure though. If you figure it out, let me know!!

57. Lee Roberts says:

I was involved in their Stressed -Less Living bible study. I really liked doing it more than my other bible studies because we really dig deeper into the bible and I can do it if I have to go somewhere or change where I am it works out so well with my lifestyle. I really am applying what I learned from it too. I am going through a lot of personal stuff that normally I would be so stressed out about it but I have learned to turn it over to God.

58. I shared your picture with an invitation to join me for the online bible study on facebook and pinterest! I’m super excited, hoping to get some other beautiful ladies excited too!

59. Roberta says:

I posted on Facebook about our upcoming OBS and I attached the link and in the wee hours of the morning and I am excited to say that one of my girlfriends has already signed up to do this study with me. Hooray!!! I also love my autographed copy of the book. Thanks Melissa and Nicki. I can not wait to get started interacting with all of you beautiful ladies from around the world.

60. Excited to begin this Study and hoping my friend Terry Oliver will also join.

61. deborah dean says:

I can’t thank OBS enough I have gone through and going through a difficult seaso. In my life. I feel sometimes I am hanging by by fingernails. I was unemployed bills atacking up. Did and struggle with classes on-line really doubt my abilities. Discontent and unhappy in my marriage, that a blow of a straw could break it. I have to consistently have an attitude check and renew my hope and mind in God. OBS helps me do this…. I thank God for all of you for your prayers and encouragement.
    DDean

62. Beth O'Dell says:

***I posted the picture “Want to do a Bible Study with me?” on my personal Instagram, facebook @Beth Allen Odell and invited Crystal Butterfield, Natalie Lowe, Gisela Daniel, Pam Ries, Pam Roach, Mary McKee, Mary Allen, Debbie Fleming, Debbie West, Aimee McMullen, Ashley Hornback, Jana McDonald, Stacey Bailey, Carrie Farrell, Stephanie Edwards, Michelle Turner and Melissa Blair

63. Ann Marie Ruble says:

I am a member of this study and am so excited. I signed up and was so excited and signed up right away when you first let everyone know about the OBS on Facebook. The two ways to join in on the Heart to Heart Connection Yes God Calls are: 1.) Be on the Live Call or 2. Listen to the recorded calls or MP3 on your own time. The special guests will be: Samantha Reed Evilsizer, Lysa TerKeurst, and Mandisa.

64. Suzie Doyle says:

Hello Everyone,
    105 countries – WOW!! That is amazing. We all need to be on guard as the more we study God’s word, love and support one another, the more the enemy will attack us. Gosh – i felt awful on sunday, and that was day one. For anyone new, it can see odd to do a online bible study and please note its not bible college, no essays required. it is purely flexible. 105 countries = A LOT of timezones. With P31 OBS team, the format allows you to be real, ask the questions, say your struggling, say what God has done for you today, all 100% real. Use all the formats you can-facebook party last night, was great fun! I cant do the live twitter event due to timezones, unless im awake (lol!) but get involved. Do as much of the study you can, in your time and do it in a way that suits you. BUT you MUST sign up!!
    Thanks to Melissa and Nicki for everything.
    (Melissa is that your writting with 105 countries? Love it, looks very creative in style.)