You are the Light of the World

We currently have 19,807 ladies from 110 different countries signed up for the Yes to God Online Bible Study.

This leaves me breathless.

Let me share what’s been on my heart concerning this. It’s straight from God’s Word.

This is my prayer, that you will find your place as this light:

Matthew 5:14-16

14 “You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. 15 No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father.  NLT

Don’t hide your light. You are a valued part of God’s Kingdom. Shine for all to see. Do you know what a difference you make? If you hide, God can’t use you. But you’ve chosen to say “Yes to God!” Shine! God needs you and loves you so much!

Here we see the wide reach our “light” can have:

Isaiah49:6

6 Now the Lord says to me (Isaiah),“It isn’t enough for you to be merely my servant. You must do more than lead back survivors from the tribes of Israel. I have placed you here as a light for other nations; you must take my saving power to everyone on earth. CEV

Isaiah’s work has had impact so far to the tribes of Israel. But it’s not enough. God has something bigger and better. God thinks what Isaiah is doing is good enough for the whole world.

Take a deep breath ladies. You are saying “Yes To God.” God has plans for you. Don’t think that His plans are for someone else. We (all of us) are here as a light for other nations (110 of them!). Just take a look!

Kenya Phyllis Grace Ann Canada Corrine Taiwan Vicki Lin Alaska USA Lauren SW USA Nichole Sh AZ SW USA Auburn Hawaii USA Lani SE USA Ashley WV SE USA Angela Bama Ghana Prisilla Texas Lynette NE USA Christine Maine Central USA Ami Boo

Let’s pray Psalm 57:9-10:

9 I will thank you, Lord, among all the people.
    I will sing your praises among the nations.
10 For your unfailing love is as high as the heavens.
    Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.  NLT

Amen.

Our What Happens When Women Say Yes to God study begins August 4th. You still have time to spread the word (to all the nations & your community).

Click here for some ready-made tweets and Facebook posts you can share.

Are you ready to say “Yes to God” and shine your light?

Comments

1. Melissa S OBS Group Leader says:

These pictures of all of these beautiful women saying yes to God seriously made me cry! Prayers for all the women around the world that are saying YES GOD!

• Melissa Taylor says:

Melissa Sherlin, it’s beautifully overwhelming isn’t it?

• Melissa S OBS Group Leader says:

Absolutely!

• Yes,it is overwhelming! But it is just another reminder to me, “It’s all about Him and not about me.” This is about the kingdom! I am in awe to think what God is going to do through this study. Praying I (and all of us) will say YES LORD as I (we) walk this journey. To God be all the glory!

• April Storie says:

ok, I confess that when I signed up it was all about me. Once I saw the number of women signed up and saw their photos – I am SO excited because I realize God’s word applies to ME – but collectively there will be so much more of his will done in this world than we can ever accomplish alone. Über excited!

• Janet F (P31 OBS Prayer Warrior Team) says:

God is moving in a powerful way int his study, so glad you joined us April!!! :)

• Hi! I’ve never participated in any bible studies on-line and am curious if I should begin reading the book prior to August 4th? I’m anxious to begin this study and about my journey. Thank you!

• Hi Lisa,
        This is my second study and I’m anxious to get started too. In the last study, we read the book together, one chapter a week. Then we discussed the chapters as we went along. It was awesome! Welcome to the group!

• Lisa: You will just have to see what works best for you. Some love to take their highlighters and get a head start, then when it’s time for that chapter they can leisurly spend time reflecting on the chapter and participating in verse mapping or other fun activities – others are perfectly content reading and doing assignments without reading ahead! Just see what works best for you! Either way, you will love it!

• Janet F (P31 OBS Prayer Warrior Team) says:

Hey Lisa glad you are joining us in this study. ♥

• Beautiful,. Picture looking forward to this study.. Blessings to all..
      Lynn Fincher

2. Melissa, this happens to be the memory verse for my K-5 children at church! We have had activities surrounding this all month and this past Sunday we did maps and followed Jesus and his disciples from Jerusalem to Turkey, Greece, and so on………..Through Proverbs 31 OBS we are doing the same thing! Spreading the word of Jesus across countries…How awesome to be a part of something so amazing! Who would have ever imagined this! Love you, P31, and this OBS team – what an awesome group of disciples to have walking with me!

• Melissa Taylor says:

Isn’t it crazy amazing Kelley??? How cool that you have a real life example to show your K-5 kids! I’m so glad that we get to do ministry together! You bless me in so many ways. Love you sister and I can’t wait to spend time with you this weekend!

3. Luisa Moatlhodi says:

Yes to God!
    Yes, I have found the website very captivating and encouraging; Proverbs 31, as a matter of fact that is why I joined to be trained to be a Proverbs 31 woman. The picture of the alert flowers is very enticing and well suited.
    However , I think it is important to let people know that saying yes to God, does not guarantee a rosy time, all the time. There are times you may actually suffer, and yet all the while, you are in the will of God. If u can find a way of picturing this, good. Maybe a picture of a child falling and crying, and a parent picking him up lovingly.

It is well, In Jesus Name!

• Luisa, you are so right – saying Yes to God does not omit us from trials and tribulations and it sure doesn’t guarantee we will not be under attack from Satan. The closer we get to God, the more vulnerable we are to Satan’s attacks. Thanks for Sharing!

4. Suzanne says:

Im, looking forward to this study, I read your devotionals all the time, they are very rewarding. Most of my bible studies have been through my church, this will be my first online one. I hope to get closer to the Lord, every moment closer is oneday stronger with Him. Your sister in Christ. Suzanne

• Suzanne I have done all the studies at my church but find here that I can do it from home and love it. Yes I still do the ones at church, but find that these are awesomely different. This will be my sixth and I look so forward to each one. So glad you are joining us for this one and hope it blesses you!

5. Sandi Brewer~~OBS Small Group Leader says:

I’ve been posting the links almost daily for about 3 weeks now. I was starting to wonder if my friends were getting sick of me reminding them about it and then I found out that my sister-in-law in Ohio is signed up for the study, and one of my friends from my previous job was interested, as well. It’s never the wrong time to point someone to God!

• AMEN Sandi. We heard in church a few weeks back most people will come to church if we invite them. I’ve been posting too and wondering if people are getting tired, but an aunt signed up and then a cousin signed up and probably others that haven’t told me yet from church and my friends on facebook.

6. Jennifer James says:

I love the new site and am enjoying all of the pictures. It is amazing how God is planning to reach so many women through your online study. I am so excited to being! Thank you for helping keep me close to God.

• Janet F (P31 OBS Prayer Warrior Team) says:

Isn’t this amazing to be a part of this awesome move of God, I am so excited too Jennifer about how many lives are going to be touched by this study. So glad you said YES to God!! :)

7. It just gets more and more exciting every day! So in awe of what God is doing through OBS! I just keep sharing, not sure who it’ s reaching because it was through social media that i discovered OBS. You never know who’s life could change forever as a result of a simple post.

8. Melissa, these faces just SHINE God’s light so beautifully! And to think, that we are indeed taking part in something so BIG and more than just merely serving, but taking his Word to the world. To. The. World! This? This is what happens when 19,800 and counting women say YES to God. Exactly this. So stinkin’ amazing!

9. Melissa Warner says:

I am so excited to see what is in store for us in this next season. This is my second OBS and I raved enough about it that my bestie is joining me in it. I have just completed a 10 Bible Study at a new church that I some how got talked into leading, you know when your in trouble when the Pastor says….. “you know Melissa, I believe God has brought you here for a reason……..” famous last words. By the way Melissa I am sure you are getting a giggle out of that one. Anyhoo I am thrilled to see what God does when I say YES!!!! There is a disclaimer isn’t there???? LOL
    ~Melissa

10. Donna J. says:

The sheer numbers are absolutely amazing! I can’t wait to see what God is going to do with this Bible Study. I believe that women’s lives are going to be dramatically changed and I am so excited to be a part of this. I would love to find out how to lead a small group of OBS women so that I can get my MOPS mammas excited about this too! I really feel as though God is asking me to do this at this season in my life and I want to say “YES” God I can and will follow you into this amazing opportunity to teach young mothers more about Your love and grace!

• Emily M (P31 Group Leader) says:

Hey Donna! I’m excited that you are excited! I am leading a small group for P31 on Facebook, but as you know the groups are full and there is a waiting list! Which is awesome but frustrating at the same time. Several women at my church wanted to get together & discuss the study. So what I did was, I created a flyer with the study info and an invitation to join me by saying “yes”. I created a group page for the ladies in our church. So they will get all of the P31 emails & such, but they will have their own group page for discussion on Facebook too! Maybe you could do that. Feel free to email me if you need to. mrsmontjoy@yahoo.com

11. Janet F (P31 OBS Prayer Warrior Team) says:

The smiles on these ladies faces are shining for the Lord. I love looking at these photos of the women in this study and seeing where they are all from. I am in awe of what God is doing with this study. The numbers are staggering. God is on the move in the hearts of women all over the world. So honored to be a part of this move of God. ♥

12. Doreen Roberts says:

I love this website!!! As I sat here reading todays message I began to cry. Oh how I needed to hear that God has plans for me and that I am special to him. How AWESOME is that? Thank you so much for allowing God to use you to build my self esteem and to remind me that I can make a difference for God in the lives of other people.

13. Jenny Griffis says:

Thank you so much for this message. God truly works in mysterious ways, as this email came at just the right moment. I was seriously considering opting out of this Bible study. No one knew I had signed up and no one would miss me. Thank you for sharing the right words from God to show me that I DO matter and I am supposed to do this study. Love and blessings to all my sisters in Christ all over the world!

Jenny <

14. Monique Gill says:

This was an awesome word today! I can truly say like the song “This little light of mine, I’m gonna let shine!” Thank you so much, I needed this!

15. Kimberly says:

I am so ready to say YES! I have signed up and several of my friends have joined with me. I can already see God moving in my life. I came to your website because a friend shared a post on Facebook. I gave my heart to the Lord on March 17th 2013 and found the love and peace that I had been searching for my whole life. I was 36 years old. I am ready to follow God’s plan for my life. My SS teacher tells me He has big plans for me! I love each of you and can’t wait to begin our journey together!

• Kimberly congratulations on your salvation and I can see God is really working in your life and He will continue because of your faithfulness. What a joy it is to be doing this with your friends! God does have big plans for you – I know – because He did me too as I joined these studies over a year ago. They are awesome and you will be amazed how you grow in Him!

16. AWEsome post today! I’ve been trying to be a light, a new light this summer. Although its not easy, I want others to see Christ when they look at me. I am so excited for this study! How cool that women from across the world are coming together to study God’s Word! Can’t wait to begin with you all!

17. the prayers i read very moring brighten my day and a joy in my soul thank you very much and god bless

18. I am very excited about starting this new series. I am also super excited to see Made to Crave as future bible study!

19. I’m excited about being in an OBS with so many woman from around the world. It is so awesome that we believe In the One True God. I pray we grow in the knowledge of Him in our lives as well as reach out to others in our communities to bring more believers to Him and I believe this is how our Light will really shine.

20. I am so ready!! I am so very excited about this study!! This will be my first online study. I am excited about saying YES to God and living in his plan everyday!!
    Thanks Y’all for doing this for all us ladies.. You are a Blessing!!

21. Tears came to my eyes when I saw all the beautiful women that want to say yes to God

22. earline says:

I was recently diagnosed with (early stage) breast cancer and I am trying to let my light shine by being a help to others who have (or may soon) go thru this valley of darkness. I hope to allow my fellow journeyers to share their fears and also their hopes and dreams to face each day with dignity & grace.

• Earline bless your heart. Just prayed for you sweet sister. Let that light shine as you walk through this valley. Hugs! My sister and my niece went through breast cancer a few years back. They are doing fine now. So glad you are here for us to love on you.

23. Waiting on my book excited to read it

24. Elizabeth says:

I had to chuckle when I saw the title. The Lord has given me this scripture 5 times in two weeks.
    You think He might be trying to impress something upon my heart? ;)
    Looking forward to the study! This stay at home Mommy needs it!

Elizabeth

25. Reading what you wrote immediately made me think of the childhood song I learned in church, “This Little Light of Mine.” That really is a great song! I choose to let my light shine and say, yes to God! Many blessings to you!

26. Courtney says:

Wow! Isn’t God amazing! The number of women saying yes keeps growing! :)

27. Patricia says:

I sid Yes to god long time ago, but right now He has me in a holding pattern, but I have been ready to go forward ever since He told me what He wanted me to do! Looking forward to this bible Study.

28. This is my first time doing OBS. I am very excited to start! I thought we were starting this Sunday, July 28th, but now see Aug 4th as the start date. Is this a change? Looking forward to getting to know you all.
    Julie
    Calgary, AB
    Canada

29. CONSTANCE BANTHER says:

I REALLY NEED THIS BIBLE STUDY. AS I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND A JOB AND STAYING TRUE TO THE LORD IN LEADING ME TO THE RIGHT PLACE ,THIS STUDY WILL HELP IN BUILD MY FAITH AND PATIENCE FOR ME AND OTHERS AROUND ME. THANK YOU FOR THIS!

30. Mona Nash says:

I too have been in a holding pattern. My holding back… I’ve said YES to God many times and He has over whelmed me many times. For the last few years I’ve been putting myself in a holding back pattern. I’ve let Christians hurt me and not listen to My Father to forgive and to work for Him. With this study and the past 2 I’ve been in I am so so so ready to be saying YES to God!!!

31. Dorothy Palmer says:

WOW! I was raien in church but I left church for along time. Both of my parents continue to go the church. This lettle light of mine was the song God used to get me back. I’m also very excited to start this study.

32. Kristin says:

I too feel that God has been speaking to me about a light that needs to shine within me :)
    In John 8:12 Jesus says ” I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the the light of life.” I believe that there is a beautiful light in all of us that God wants to ignite for the world to see. God gives us all gifts. As we learn about obedience we can take the steps to take action to implement these tools to glorify Him for His future Kingdom. I am so excited to participate in this study, to follow our Jesus and walk in anticipation for what He will reveal to each of us.

Kristin

33. Linda Weems says:

Yes I’m ready to let my light shine.

34. Martha Giffin says:

Yes, to God!! This is my first time and truly looking forward to it. God bless you all!!

35. Florence says:

I hope this means I’m signed up to do the study.

36. Teri Beaver says:

YES , I’m ready to say yes to God!! Im so thankful all of these wonderful women, Gods children are ready too! It brings joy to my soul!

37. Wow. over 19,000. I am proud to be apart of a community like this where people are excited about God and beautiful faith building OBS’. You gals here are amazing!

38. Theresa Kent says:

I like the topic of telling the nation of the Gospel, to ‘not hide our light’ under a bowl. I was unemployed for a while and I got the idea to go up to a village 19 miles from my home town and put an application in for being a taxi driver. Well I got hired on the spot and one week after getting the proper documentations and drivers license I was “a taxi driver” ; so now comes the part where Gods light shown through. It has been quite a remarkable ministry for me, people get in that cab and they don’t know God and Jesus or they did know them and haven’t heard them mentioned in a long time. They are kind of a captive audience and I am so willing to share what I know about our Lord. It is amazing how God is using me up there. The area up there reminds me of either Sodom and Gomorra or Nineveh; and He chose me to go and tell His people to turn from their wicked ways and return to Him. What a privilege that has been bestowed upon me. I used to be one of them, and ten years ago He saved me from the pit I was in and I have been so grateful ever since.
    I am looking forward to this OBS and continuing to say yes to God.
    I also would like to thank you ladies who write Girlfriends in God and Encouragement for today. they are usually right on target.
    God bless you all and see you in the Bible study.
    Peace and love,
    Theresa

• Theresa what a ministry. Love it! So glad you joined us in saying “YES”. I heard a sermon at church recently and we were told 82 per cent of people don’t go to church and many of them will if we would only invite them. You are having church in your taxi. Love it!

39. Donna G says:

It is absolutely amazing to me that I am part of 19,000 + women saying yes to God!!!! I am looking forward to studying the Bible and growing closer to God with all of you! I have had 3 of my friends sign up and another one said today she wanted to do the study too!

40. Rosa Elena Rangel says:

Yes, I’m ready to let my light shine and so thankful to all you ladies for bring joy and peace to my soul!!!
    God bless you all!!!! ;-)

41. Truly excited and expectant for this study…Great things r going to happen!

42. Renie Mccanney says:

I am so excited to be a part of this huge study with all you amazing women by my side. I am a light that shines where ever I go and I am proud to be a child of God.

I count it all JOY!

Renie

43. I am so excited to begin this journey. I have found my life has been to busy but not full. I am ready to say YES to God!

44. so excited to get started, this is my first online bible study, so i am expecting to learn and grow, God bless all of you and much prayer for all.

45. I am so excited and so thankful for this OBS.

I pray that every one of us is changed by His word and that we let His light shine through us for others to see.

Amanda

46. I collect lighthouses. I have a crystal lighthouse that I had engraved with the verse from Psalm 27: 1 “The Lord is my light and my salvation–so why should I be afraid.” I am excited to join this online Bible study, it will be a first for me. I want Jesus’ light to shine through me for others to see. I want the words of Psalm 27:8 to be my prayer…My heart has heard you say, “Come and talk with me.” And my heart responds, “Lord, I am coming.”

47. I collect lighthouses. I have a crystal lighthouse that I had engraved with Psalm 27:1 “The Lord is my light and my salvation–so why should I be afraid?” I am excited to get started with the Bible study, it will be my first online study. I want Jesus’ light to shine through my life so others will see Him through me. This is my key scripture for this study: My heart has heard you say, “Come and talk with me.” And my heart responds, “Lord, I am coming.” Psalm 27:8