ACH Prayer & Praises ~ Week 4

think, feel, live

I’ll be the first to admit, I often fall victim to stinkin’ thinkin’.  And while I may have a past that doesn’t include a whole lot of encouraging, building up, life giving words that doesn’t mean that I need to let that stinkin’ thinkin’ from my past shape my present.  You see, on May 28, 2000, I started over and left my past behind.  I accepted the gift of Jesus sacrifice and, as a result, I became a new creation. (2 Corinthians 5:17)  ALL of the promises of God apply to me now, which means all those thoughts of unworthiness, self-doubt, and negativity are now null and void…but that doesn’t always mean that they don’t creep back in sometimes, as I am sure they do with you, too.

I want to encourage you, as Renee Swope did in chapter 6 this past week, to kick those thoughts out of your head and fill yourself instead with God’s truths.  “We’re going to get into God’s Word and get God’s Word into us so that as we rely on His life in us, He can shape the way we think, which will change the way we feel and positively transform the way we live” (Renee Swope in A Confident Heart).  This requires action on our part, it means setting aside some time daily to read our Bibles.  Now, I know we all have busy lives and it is so easy to let the things we do become more important, but stop and think for a moment.  God sent his Son to die for you so that you could become a child of His.  God caused His love letter to you to be recorded thousands of years before you were born so that you would know how much He loves you.  Do you really not have a few minutes a day to acknowledge that and read it?  If your loved one wrote a book chronicling his love for you, wouldn’t you read every single word?  And God’s book has the power to change your life!  How do we not make time for that?

We can’t allow ourselves to be shaped by the lies of the devil anymore.  God wants more for us than that!  But we have to spend time arming ourselves with the Truth to battle those lies.  Renee gives us a few tools with the AM/FM statements (you can print you out a beautiful set to keep with you from yesterday’s blog post here), but that is just a start, a model of what God offers us in His word.  Today, I challenge you to set a daily alarm on your phone, schedule a time on your calendar, make time in God’s Word a priority.  Find an accountability partner and commit to read God’s love letter to you.  I promise it will change your life!

Ginny Blankenship

Lord, gives us hearts that earnestly seek You.  May every part of us long for a relationship with you.  Help us to realize that You are always with us, holding our hands, guiding us.  I pray that each of us learn to seek You above anything of this world.  May Your word become entwined in our hearts so that the lies of the devil can not cause us to falter. Amen.

Psalm 63:1, Psalm 73:23-24, Matthew 6:33, Psalm 119:11, Ephesians 4:27

Not sure which Bible to read?  Proverbs 31 Ministries offers an NIV Real-Life Devotional Bible with daily devotionals from Lysa TerKeurst and the Proverbs 31 Ministry team.  Find out more about it here.

It’s your turn.  Share your hearts with us in the comments section.  Do you need prayer?  Want to share your joy?  We are honored to both pray and praise with you.

Comments

1. I just want to thank God for his unconditional love, his #priceless unfailing love and his #perfectlove which has shaped me to be #whoIam in him – accepted, secure and significant. I will continue #movingforward in him with a #confidentheart. Thanks to Renee and all of you at Proverbs 31 OBS, I am being transformed by the word of God and by all your encouragements. Life is making much more sense in the light of God’s word and thoughts For Me (FM).

• Janet F (OBS Prayer Warrior) says:

AMEN!!! Love reading about your #WhoIAM post this morning!! Praising God for you and your confidence in HIM!! ♥ Thanks for sharing Maiti!!

2. Many, many thanks for all of God’s wonderful blessings and the teaching He is pouring into me from so many resources. And a somewhat silly but heartfelt prayer request – I went to get my hair touched up and gray covered yesterday, and when it dried to where I could see the color, it was way darker than I normally wear it – and we’ve got family pictures scheduled for next Saturday. I’ve an appointment to fix it this morning, and would appreciate your prayers for peace no matter how it turns out. Funny how I thought I had come so far, and then something like this sends me into a tailspin.

Much love!
    Jennifer

• Janet F (OBS Prayer Warrior) says:

Jennifer praying for you that the hairdresser will fix your hair dilemma and that your family will have the most awesome photos!! Praying for peace that passes all understanding and that satan will not attack your thoughts about this any longer!! HUGS ♥

3. Heidi Edwards says:

Many thanks to the Proverbs 31 team and my Group 46 OBS sisters! This is an awesome place to come and feel love and encouragement.

4. I have been saved since I was 12-over 30 years. However, the past few years I have been in a rut-what felt like a deep valley at times!!
    I have battled depression and suicidal thoughts, feelings of no self worth, and that my family would be better off without me. All this was going on on the inside-but on the outside I had to play the part. You see-my family and I are missionaries! For the most part I didn’t feel worthy-yet I knew God had placed this call on my life.

For the past year or so a battle has been going on-like Paul I knew what I needed to do and what I wanted to do, but I didn’t do.

On September 25, 2013, while on vacation with my family at the Outer Banks-the battle lines had been drawn. It had been a miserable week. I had prayed before we left for God to change my life. T change my husband (he was in a rut too). On that morning I got up and walked over to the beach with my chair, blanket, and Bible. I simply poured out my heart to God. I asked Him to REVIVE me! To REVIVE my marriage -with ME!! I literally felt a since of peace. I felt ALL of my burdens wash out to sea. My whole demeanor changed.Over the course of a few days I read my Bible more than I ever had!! I simply could not get enough!!

As we got back home I continued. I saw my life changing! I looked forward to getting up every morning to spend time with Him.

Unfortunately, my husband did not share this same experience. I saw with fresh eyes that he was miserable. Maybe I hadn’t noticed it so much before bc I was in misery too. So I committed to praying for him.

What I have since realized is thatnhemis under the bondage of depression too. Long story short- when we started this study I wasn’t sure my marriage was going to survive.

But after a major battle this past Monday-and me prostrating myself before God I realized I had to release him to God. As I was praying for God to draw my husband back to Him and to send someone to help him-I heard God say “I’m going to use you Kim”. I literally had to stop- bc it was a still small voice whispering to me! I said ” no God- I’m not the one. I have no patience. I don’t think I can be an example.” “Yes Kim-you can.”

So as a result of God speaking this truth to me AND A RESULT OF THIS BIBLE STUDY I have committed to be the light for my husband.
    I have never had confidence to share Biblical issues with my husband before-after he’s the one with the pastoral degree. But on Thursday God gave me the words to speak.
    Yesterday was a good day. He sent me a text last night (I’m out of town with my sisters) and told me he had called 2 of his friends and asked them to be his Paul and Barnabas. He had commited to reading the book of John daily with one of them.

Praise God that I had the confidence to believe that God could use me!!
    In Him
    Kim

• Janet F (OBS Prayer Warrior) says:

Praising God Kim that you are allowing God to use you as that vessel to bring your husband back to that relationship with Christ that will make him hunger Christ and His word again and praising God for getting Your hunger for Him back also. I will be praying for you and your family!! God Bless you! ♥ HUGS

• That is such an awesome testimony I pray that God continues to give you hope and strength as you go through this and that your husband may be blessed beyond words. Be strong my friend!

• Becky Kneller says:

Praise God Kim. Love hearing your testimony. I have battled depression as well as my family. I understand the feelings. Amazing how God washed away your despair. I will lift you and your husband up in prayer. I believe God already has blessings in store for you.

• Brittany jacobson (obs prayer team) says:

I have battled depression as well but since taking this study I have learned to take my thoughts more captive and give them to christ

• Kim,
      What a wonderful blessing it was to read your story. I know I have had incredible moments of feeling lost. I know that really reaching out to our Father is always the answer, but sometimes I let shame and self-imposed disappointment get in the way. I’ll be praying for your family as well as God continues to use you to reach out to them and others.

• nancys1128 says:

Kim, thank you for sharing your story and your break-through. It touched my heart. But more importantly, you are on your way to healing and restoration in so many areas and heart places. Your story is definitely an inspiration to all of us.

5. First I want to praise God because there is no way I could have gone through as much as I have over the last 2 months unless it was a God -Thing. He brought me through. Now I am starting a new job and winding up an old job, getting ready for Christmas etc. and in all this trying to get my finances aligned since new job is less $. I want his guidance and strength.
    Also I want to thank all of you at Proverbs 31 you and this Bible Study have been terrific. Love to all of you Bev

• Janet F (OBS Prayer Warrior) says:

Hey Bev I will be praying for you with all the changes and challenges coming up. This is busy time of year with the holidays coming and one that does use a lot more finances than a normal month. I will be praying for your finances, new job and for you during this time that the Lord will give you strength and guidance how to walk daily in victory with Him! God Bless!

6. Jeanie Kelley says:

Please continue to pray for Daniel, my son, and I. We have had words this week and it all stems from what took place when he was little. I am someone who yells and I did an awful lot when he was growing up. He has the scars that I thought would never have taken place. We are looking at counseling at church to help deal with this. I have the same scars to when my dad would yell at me while I was growing up. I had to call and talk to my mom about this whole situation. She told me that dad wanted a boy instead of a girl. My heart sank when I heard this. Please pray for a restoration of his and my relationship and that things can begin to get themselves worked out. Help me to remind him who he is in Christ through this book. Thanks so much for praying. I have had a lot more tears this week than I want in a life time.

• Jeanie,
      I pray that the Lord will restore your relationships both your mother-son relationship and your father-daughter relationship. I pray that the following weeks will be filled with healing and steps towards peace. I am so glad that you are seeking Godly counsel with your son. I pray for a flood of healing on you both.

7. Wow first and foremost i am not sure what week it is that y’all are on/ perhaps i am just catching up. Just completed chapter 4. I mean i absolutely love the verse Isaiah61:1Isaiah 61:1
    1 The spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me; he has sent me to bring good news to the oppressed, to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and release to the prisoners;
    I mean , i don’t know what i mean actually it just somehow really captivated me when i read that. I mean i haven’t really been in the most horrible way of the bringing me up., like alot of other poor souls in this world. However i just love the verse it just hit me like a ton of bricks. For some reason. But anyway going on to chapter 5 next week, is that what y’all are up to or am i behind.. I got caught behind. I am mentoring with a Christian ministry now so that has been talking some of my time now too. However i do love it.
    Blessings
    Trish

• Janet F (OBS Prayer Warrior) says:

Hey Trish, we did Chapter 6 this week and will be on Chapter 7 next week. Just do what you can and don’t beat yourself up because you are not caught up. These blog posts will be out here to go back to. Thanks for sharing the verse and your thoughts today!! God bless!! ♥

• omy goodness i am behind

• Janet F (OBS Prayer Warrior) says:

Don’t sweat it just do what you can 🙂

• Janet,
            what is the title for chapter 7. i have been having a great time trying to catch up……..however i noteced the larger bolder lettered words which i assume are the title of the chapters..They don’t appear to match however with the titles of the chapters in the table of contents. In my kindle thingy i can click on library and it gives me the titles, they don’t seem to match up with one another. So if you would can you tell me what is the name of the chapter of chapter 7 that we will be starting on monday.
            Thank you in advance. really so appreciate it.

Blessings ,
            Trish

• Trish, Week one and 3 we read two chapters. It goes like this:
            Week 1- Ch.1 and 2
            Week 2 – Ch. 3
            Week 3- Ch.4 and 5
            Week 4- Ch. 6
            Week 5- Chapter 7 is called When Doubt Whispers “I’m Such a Failure”

Hope this helps 🙂 God Bless!

• Janet F (OBS Prayer Warrior) says:

Trish, Chapter 7 is called When Doubt Whispers, “I’m Such A Failure” Hope you can find it 🙂

8. Leah Weigel says:

Prayers needed for my family, 2 weeks ago my 48 year old brother was killed on his motorcycle in Columbus Ohio. My sister in law and her family the Bradford’s and my family have all be grieving and still are. please keep us in your prayers.
    I have not been able to follow the study. but I am drawing near to God.
    Leah

• Janet F (OBS Prayer Warrior) says:

Leah praying for your family, how tragic for all of you to loose your brother this way. Praying for comfort and peace that only God can give!! {{HUGs}} ♥

• Leah,
      I pray that the Lord will cover you and your family in His perfect peace. I am sorry for your family’s loss.

9. Janet F (OBS Prayer Warrior) says:

Oh sweet Jeanie I am praying for you, our home was one of yelling when my kids grew up too. You are not alone in this and I pray that you forgive yourself and let the Lord comfort you, you are changing this pattern and it will take time. I pray that the Lord will not only heal Daniel’s heart but yours. I pray for the relationship with you and your dad and that the Lord will open his eyes to the beautiful women of God that you are. You are God’s workmanship and He never makes mistakes. He never made a mistake in giving your parents a girl instead of a boy. Go back to pages 107-108 and read who you are in Christ everyday until your heart believes it!! Praying for the Lord to wrap his loving arms around you and take his hand to wipe your tears away and tell you; you are God’s child, you have been bought with a price and you are HIS!! Love you Jeanie ♥ {{HUGS}}

10. I am praising the Lord today for revealing himself in so many small things in my life. Some even turn out to be big things. I praise him for his #perfectlove and might. He gives and gives and gives even when I forget to look to him for #whoIam.

11. Barbara Thompson says:

Ginny,
    Thank you for the encouraging words this morning. My problem is not that I don’t read God’s word, most morning I get up and read before I start my day. The problem is, once I start my day I almost never slow down long enough to meditate on the word and apply it to my life and situations. Please pray that I will be deliberate and consistent in meditating on and applying what God’s word say to my situations.

12. Ginny is completely right. Setting aside daily time with God read the Word will change your life. I like her idea of setting an alarm on your phone!
    I have some prayer requests this morning. A girl my age, 25 from my high school class, committed suicide this week. I just feel so sad, that she was so alone and that she felt she couldn’t talk to anyone. Our class has been through this kind of thing already when another student did the same when we were 16. We are a small class and although we weren’t as close, we always had the knowledge we would help each other out. I ask for prayer for the girl’s family, my fellow classmates and friends.
    My best friend is going through a tough time with depression and anxiety. What happend to her friend is not helping. I’m trying to always talk to her and encourage her daily, but I pray the Lord uses this time to come into her life.
    I am doing ok, this study and everyone’s love and prayers is helping, thank you. I ask for prayers that I won’t be so exhausted from the week and my long work day today, so I can enjoy time for my boyfriend.
    Love you guys,
    Kp

• Praying for her family. As I struggle with depression myself I hurt when I hear of someone not being able to resist the temptation. I pray that your class leans into God with their pain and no that there is usually nothing you can do.

• Brittany jacobson (obs prayer team) says:

Lord Jesus I pray for freedom lord I pray that verse exodus 14;14 you need only be still and the lord will fight for you .lord fight for her amen

• I am so sorry. I pray for your classmate’s family and for all of your class. I pray that the confusion and broken hearts will reach out to the Lord for guidance and that this will draw you all closer. Praying also for your best friend. I pray that God gives her hope and clarity.

• Thank you both. The wake was yesterday night. Rough but everyone was there. We all said we needed to get together more often and since we are all in this time where we are actually becoming adults, we need that support.
        Kp

13. This morning I have a special prayer request. My friend has been married for three years and has been trying to have a baby. At times she feels discouraged. I pray that God will bless her with a family because I know she will be a great mother. Please continue to pray for me too.

SN: Any suggestions on how to go about reading your bible daily. I learned the hard way that reading from Genesis to Revalations is not the way to go. Thank you have a nice day 🙂

• nancys1128 says:

Cece,
      There are quite a number of plans for reading through the bible. I think there are plans available on biblegateway.com, or on youversion.com. or just google bible reading plans. Ther are lots of types, so you can find one that works best for you. Quite a few are year-long plans, but there are other types available as well. Good luck! I’ve done the bible in a year a time or two and it was really good.

14. Diane Barney says:

Today I want to praise God he is changing my heart and opening me up to his unfailing love not just for me but for ALL his people from all walks of life saved and unsaved. I praise him that by changing the way I view his people I am also able to the love my adult sons and husband in a whole different way. For prayer please pray God moves the hearts of others to reveal truth to them. My promises are on the horizon but though I’m ready not everyone else is ready to receive me into the promises God has placed upon my heart. Pray also for my sons that they will all come back to the Lord who has not forgotten them but they feel unloved by him basically unworthy of his grace. May the Lord provide the wisdom I need to gently lead them by showing his unfailing love daily without conditions on his promise. Thank you also for all the beautiful ladies who share here their personal struggles which reminds me I am not alone in my walk and that although I may fail sometimes God never fails. God Bless Ladies

15. This fall has been kind of crazy. I was put in a new position at work. I’ve been dealing with head lice that doesn’t seem to want to go away. I feel like I’m so tired lately. I’ve only been in this area a year and I’m still in process of building friendships here. I want to spend time with people and get to know them but I feel like I just want to stay home most nights. I’ve been feeling overwhelmed and stressed. I feel like I need a balance between rest and spending time with people but it’s hard. I also am trying to figure out whether to stay in my small group. I like the people but I feel like we don’t have a purpose. I don’t feel like I’m growing in my faith. But then I wonder about the purpose of small groups and my expectations of what I think it should be. I guess it’s just been a lot of questioning and thinking about why I’m there and about the purpose of the group. But there are good things happening too. I recently moved and have 2 wonderful housemates and live closer to work. I’m going on a trip next weekend to visit some good friends that I haven’t seen in a while. I love the young adult group at my church and feel like it’s going well and I’m excited about it and the directions it’s going. There’s a new group at church for people interested in missions and it feels like an answer to prayer.

• Lara,
      It sounds like not only is your plate full but your whole table is full. I pray that the Lord will continue to lead you and also energize and encourage you. I pray that you will be able to fully enjoy the good things that you brought up like the new group at church and your upcoming visits with friends. I also pray that the Lord will show the great things in your life that may be a little harder to see. I am so glad that you are in this study and growing. This is a tough one, because it is so important.

16. I need to pray every morning before I even get out of bed. It’s the quietest my heard and mind are before the day gets to me. Outside of my day job and taking care of my family…I’ve been working hard with a group of dedicated people to save a Christian camp for children in Saugatuck, MI from being sold and developed. There is definitely a spiritual battle going on that is more intense that I can even describe. Without prayer and the prayers of others, I could not keep up with the intensity of evil I’ve been facing. Our world craves greed and power. When trying to bring about God’s kingdom, I never expected it would be so ugly with so much bad news. Reading God’s word carries the promises that I desperately need to here!! Thanks for the devo to remind me! Prayers to save this camp are desperately needed.

• nancys1128 says:

I’m a Michigander born and bred and know that Saugatuck is prime real estate in MI. I pray that God will show Himself greatly in your battle, even at the zero hour. The fact that the battle is so intense is, unfortunately, a testimony to the power of Satan over those who don’t have a right relationship with Christ. But our God is more powerful!

17. I want to thank God for getting me through these last couple of weeks. We have been trying to buy this house and it seems like at every turn something happened. We were praying and trusting God, but sometimes it was very hard. We found out on Thursday nite that everything was a go and we go to settlement on Nov 15th. Thank you God for giving me grace. Thank you for my husband that encouraged me, prayed with me and continues to be my rock. Help me to keep hanging on to my life verse, Jeremiah 29:11.

18. I am so thankful to be a part of this OBS group. I praise God for all His blessings and His forgiveness. I do continue to suffer with neck/back issues. Those pains are better, but, flare up from time to time and the past few days have been painful. Dizziness often comes with neck pain. I appreciate prayers for the neck/back issues to be healed and the dizziness go away. Thank you so much. Have a blessed day! 🙂

• I too suffer from chronic pain. I pray for relief and just small breaks from the pain that you can enjoy your life. May God work with the doctors to find out the issue and lead you through the steps to heal you. Praying that the God of all may work in your body

• Thank you so much. I pray that you have relief from your chronic pain, too. 🙂

• Brittany jacobson (obs prayer team) says:

Lord jesus I pray that verse you protect the bones of the righteous lord protect and heal her bones take the pain that she is feeling amen

19. This morning I am asking for your prayers for my family. We have been going through a difficult seasin for three years. I have been praying, but struggle with feeling sure about what the right path is. My husband is facing legal troubles and is emotionally unstable. He is also emotionally abusive and disrespectful. I want to separate from him, but the Bible says God hates divorce. I also worry about the impact on our two young kids. I pray for and for me. Would you do the same?

20. Kristi Parker says:

I can’t tell you enough how much I am enjoying this book. After each chapter I think, wow that was a powerful chapter. But this morning as I was doing the reflection questions, I realized something. I answered number one – what area of your life do you struggle with most in believing you are good enough – I am beginning to understand what I am doing, I compare myself to others. I think I’m a good mom, but she’s better or I’m an awesome wife – but she’s better than me. I am asking God right now to show me that I am His, and His love will always be “better” for me. He paid the same price for each of us and we are all better!

21. Ginny – YES! Amen! Getting God’s Word into my heart takes purposeful action on my part and this past two weeks have been such a whirlwind of activity for our family, and personally, that it’s been difficult to keep devotional time steady. I love the image you posted at the top to remind us to let God transform the way we live our lives by ALLOWING God to change the way we think and then letting that change how we feel. So often I know I go about it backwards with those first two!

Praying for a calmer week next week and more focused study time. Also praising God for answering prayers we had for more sleep for our son on the Autism Spectrum. Oh, how He loves us!

22. This book is amazing and this OBS is beyond awesome. I so need this. I’ve always been a people pleaser, and need to stop worrying about “what if people don’t like me”–who cares!! But, in that aspect, satan is creeping in and has the last few weeks made me feel very unwanted, or cared about by “supposed friends”–not once but twice this week (and twice by the same person), I mentioned having a prayer request, and it was as if I never said it. Its really hurt to see people just ignore when I have a request, and proceed to say what they needed. God’s really opened my eyes to all the “me me me” people I’ve known.

23. Shady Malaeb says:

Just a quick note to say how amazed I am with verse mapping. It really, really makes my daily readings so much more personal. I love doing it in conjunction with Bible reading. It’s helped me tremendously.

24. Lisa Deaton says:

Through this Bible study, God is showing me that I really am “enough”. This week, I was blessed to get a glimpse into the heart of another person (one of my students), who is insecure and afraid, and was able to tell them that they, too, are enough. They looked at me as if I had just handed them a priceless treasure. God is so amazing, and I am so thankful He let me share the lessons He is teaching me!

25. First of all I want to thank God for His provision in my life- As of right now I am unemployed due to chronic illnesses, but He has continued to provide in amazing ways. I would like prayer for an upcoming disability hearing on November 20th. I have had to wait almost 2 years for this hearing and after talking with my attorney yesterday, I felt really good about some things she said. I know that God sees my struggle and will be with me! I would appreciate your prayers so much!!!

• Praying for favor and continued provision. So thankful that the Lord has been beside you through this journey. Great is faithfulness and mercy! Kim I pray that your hearing will go well and for many blessings to come along. Praying and believing Deuteronomy 31:8 over you “The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”

God bless you and keep you!

26. Thank you so much for all the encouragement you have given us all to spend time daily in His word, that love letter from our Hevently Father to us! The God of the universe the Almighty One wrote us this beautiful manual of instructions on how to live free in His love being fruitful and blessed by Him in all we do!

Joshua 1:8 study this book of instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do.

Hav blessed weekend! Love

27. This week has been emotional roller coaster for me as my divorce was finalized. Not being “good enough” has had me for about 2 weeks heavy. I want to believe I know who I Am but my heart my spirit are not in sync. I want to know that I know who I am and whose I am. I have to start to from the bottom and work my way up. I am not in a good place emotionally financially spiritually and when you have no one to lean on or help you through, it’s depressing. Please pray for me and my children (which they are doing very well through this b/c I tried to shield them as much as possible). Just a lot going on, I am desperate for something!

• Jasmin Williams says:

Monica I will add you to my prayer list and know that I will pray for you every day.

• Monica, I will be praying for you as I understand your position in life. Being a single mother is not easy, but with God know it will be glorious in all areas of your life. Lean on Jesus! He is truly all you need.

• Praying for you Monica!!

• Monica, you described my feelings exactly four years ago. After 27 years marriage and I found myself alone. Spiritually I was devastated. I couldn’t look at myself in the mirror without seeing disappointment and failure. I felt like I needed to escape and possibly the world would be a much better place without me & because I had failed as a wife, I failed God. I had met and married a man from my church. People were asking why didn’t you go to counseling? why didn’t I do this or that? My parents were not supportive. When I needed some financial assistance I was on my own. I wanted and did shut down.

The shadow of doubt cast draped behind me kept my attention and I am still untangling my emotions from these lies: you are alone, no one will ever love you, you are a failure, you are crazy, because you are crazy no one wants to be around you, what you have say doesn’t make a difference…..and the list goes on. I was depressed and I took medication. I went to a christian counselor because I needed an objective listener. The process of healing is ongoing.

Monica you can lean on God – He will never leave you or forsake you! Deuteronomy 31:6 You are God’s child John 1:12. You are chose by God and adopted as his child Ephesians 1:3-8 You have direct access to the throne of grace through Jesus Christ Hebrews 4:14-16 YOU are born of God and the evil one cannot touch you! I John 5:18 You are God’ workmanship Ephesians 2:10

God is with you – especially when you feel alone and see no where to turn. Tell Him what is on your heart. I know this must feel like the worst days of your life. But you are not alone! I will be praying for you and your children.

28. Cindy Shick says:

Women need to know the enemy and what he is capable of. I use to think some of that “stinkin thinkin” I thought was me. The devil puts thoughts in our mind, and then we fall for it and start thinking it too. Puting on the Armor of God everyday is a must!! I have suffered for a long time with not feeling good enough. I went back to college as an adult, and I could never feel proud of my BA Degree; because I always felt like I was not good enough as some of the others. I still have my degree in the package that came in. I know God wanted me to take this study. I’ve had a lot of rejection from people, even my own kids because they do not want to live the Christian life. Life is hard! God has worked in my life so much! I know He has a plan for me Jeremiah 29:11 and Hebrews 10: 35-36 has been verses that God taught me to learn many years ago. When I picked this book up and saw those verses, I knew God is going to use this Bible study to help me to carry on His completion in me. I love y’all ladies!!!

29. I am so thankful that God lead me to this study A Confident Heart. My life has been a whirlwind, since May of this year. My children have made some choices that are not always good, but I have learned from these choices. I battled depression, when my son decided to leave and move in with his father and figured my family would be better off without me (suicide thoughts crept in). I laid on the couch for two weekends and was depressed, but God helped me see I needed a confident heart and needed to change me! I began reading the book, before this study and was so wowed! It gave me a stronger heart through Jesus and I have turned the corner. My son still lives with his father and was able to see him last weekend for the first time since September, which we began rebuilding our fence (relationship). He is a sweet boy. I felt sure things were going to get better between us. We would talk on the phone and actually have a relationship. But, he is a different child with his dad. My daughter noticed this too. His dad has allowed him so much freedom that his dad doesn’t even parent. When setting up visitation for Thanksgiving, he told me that my son would get to decide. My son is still a teenage minor and in school. Please pray that God will allow his dad to parent instead of allowing so much freedom. My son is having to make adult choices, when he should just be a kid and enjoying life. So, please pray for salvation of my son, daughter, ex-husband, and his new wife. They do not provide a Godly environment. I feel right now they are trying to alienate me from my son. I am doing what God has asked me to do: sit and wait. This is hard, very hard at times. I want to sit and wait, because I know that God is victorious and the battle has been won!! Also, pray that God will continue to use me as a walking testimony for my son, daughter, ex-husband, and his new wife and that God will get all of the glory. It is very important that my family (two children) be put back together. That the devil goes away, because he is putting together a great war. Also, that he will accept my offer in the court system without having to go to court.

30. Robbyn R French says:

Oh Ginny how you just hit the nail on head cliche saying. I got sober on October 25, 2005 ….rededicated my life in 2008 and got baptized in 2009. God has put me on an incredible journey since then. But that stinkin thinkin can rear its ugly head at the wrong times. Wonderful people in Celebrate Recovery and ladies in my old church wrapped their arms around and taught me about the one true Jesus.. I camped on Romans chapter 8 and go back to it often. In just this past few months I have truly embraced self forgivness and Gods forgivness. I love Chapter Six and let it really sink in. I woke up in a blah and foggy mood. Going to pick up my bible read and pray. I have a prayer and praise report…I need to put my testimony together for Celebrate Recovery. I want my testimony to be from God not me. This will be the first time my daughter will hear my story. I want to be able to look back and not stay there. Praise is I have a good week with actually leading a training this week…I have been praying for this bible study, the leaders, our guests and everyone joining from around the world. GOD is good all the time!

31. Jasmin Williams says:

Please pray for my faith. The last few weeks have been hard. The lord knows what we need. Please pray for a miracle. I feel that since I have been doing bible studies every day there is a battle and the Devil has put one thing after another in my path. But I also feel stronger reading A Confident Heart. I feel that the lord is with me and will not leave me. My hope and prayer is that next week I can give a hallelujah praise the lord praise.

• Jasmin!!!! You can STILL give the “hallelujah praise the Lord praise!” It’s so hard to praise the Lord in all circumstances, I know. I really struggle with it. BUT! Praise God that He has given you the assurance and peace that He will not leave you or forsake you! I am praising God myself that you recognize it! Also, praise God that He brought you to this place to study A Confident Heart. The Lord knows what you need, sister!

In my prayers and thoughts,

Michelle

32. I am also a victim of stinkin thinkin. I start each morning with daily devotions and digging into God’s word. I am involved in 3 Bible studies. Yet sometimes I still struggle. The stuff we endure with our son opens the door for stinkin thinking. I get so mad at myself because I allow this to happen even when I know what God’s Word says. I pray that God will give me a heart of peace when I watch my kids and husband struggle and that I will hold onto his Word and know and feel that peace. It is my hearts desire.

• Becky – How awesome that you are able to recognize your stinkin thinkin! We ALL struggle. I feel like if we can’t admit that, we are in denial! I know what it’s like to get frustrated. It happens a lot. I find that if I just say Jesus, it helps. I remember that when I allow myself to get mad, I’m reacting to doubtful thoughts. Also, you sound a lot like me in that you dive into things! Three bible studies? Wow! Do you feel that this might cause some stress?

With love and prayer!

Michelle

33. I struggle with keeping my mind free of condeming thoughts about me,I just go into how dumb I was,how ugly I am,how unworthy I am to open my mouth and say anything,please pray for me I just am repeating that God loves me just where I am and changing my thoughts as I look straight to Him for renewing my mind What book of the Bible should I read for encouraging thoughts?Thank-you so much for this Bible Study,It is changing my Life!

• Amy Wall (OBS Prayer/Blog Team) says:

Debi, you are not the only one who struggles with those condemning thoughts. I too go through times where I allow those thought to park in my mind. Know that we are praying for you and that God will take those thoughts and wipe them from your mind and renew you with the truths of who you are in Christ and what you mean to Him!! As for the encouraging thoughts, I would write down those “who you are in Christ” statements and verses, as well as the promises that are found in this book on note cards and keep them with you so that you can pull them out when you feel those thoughts creeping up. You are a beautiful, worthy woman who God loves with ALL of His heart!! Praying!!

34. I’m singing praise!!! Praise for a God with such steadfast love, that nothing can move it!! I’m shouting praise for our Savior who shows us the way, and carries us through any situation. Throw up you arms girls, and surrender to His will. Find rest at His feet when you leave it all in His capable hands!!!!

Michelle

35. Greetings OBS Sisters- I have been blessed beyond words to be part of this Bible study. I don’t know why but this time when I read Matthew 4 it leaped off the pages that Jesus was lead by the Holy Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted. I realized that I too am being led by the Holy Spirit, I’m NOT alone in this situation I am currently facing. There was a saying when I was younger, “Jesus is my co-pilot.” For some reason it makes sense now. From what I understand the co-pilot has the map, Jeremiah 29:11-14 comes to mind. After reading Wednesday’s newsletter & completing my assignment I had to step back and process what I found out. I’m also getting books on Boundaries, I have been a habitual boundary stepper, that is a big reason why my relationship with my adult daughter is where it is today. I am a minister of reconciliation that is #WhoIam. I want to live in the fullness of the Promises God has for me I have to let go of a lot of hurt, bitterness, shame, abandonment I’ve harbored for years.
    I have been found innocent in His Sight -Daniel 6-21, patiently waiting for Dr. Andy’s letter to have medical bills paid.
    I’ll post pix of my mirror project.
    Hugs,
    Jane

• Amy Wall (OBS Prayer/Blog Team) says:

We are blessed to have you here as a part of this study with us. Jesus is your co-pilot and is always with you. I love the thought that the co-pilot has the map. They are the one that know where to go. The directions. The best way to get there. That is our God!! Praying for you that God can help you release that hurt and bitterness, shame and abandonment that you are feeling from the past, and that you can be set completely FREE. Free IN Him!!! Blessings Jane!

36. Linda Fern says:

I took a 60 day challenge to start my day with The Lord. My two friends are doing it too! I wake up excited to spend time with God, (I get up an hour earlier) so you know God has a hand in this! I love this first hour before the house wakes up, my time with God is precious now! I have a candle at work on my desk (with batteries) to remind myself that God is with me always! At work, where my most challenging moments reside, I look to The Lord (candle) and feel His presense with me. I love it! Blessings to you sisters.

• Thank you, Linda, for sharing your idea about a reminder of the Lord’s presence at work. I have started a new job after being unemployed (due to depression and anxiety, mostly, but due to the job market as well) and I am super-stressed all day. I’ve started printing out our prayers and leaving those laying around my desk, but they get covered by folders and papers soon enough each day.
      And wouldn’t you know, my mom just bought me a candle with batteries…. She is a blessing in my life and I know God works through her to guide me. thank you and God Bless you

• Amy Wall (OBS Prayer/Blog Team) says:

Linda…I LOVE that…ALL of it!! <3 I think that it is wonderful how you and your friends are committing to this together and are being accountable to one another. What a way to build your friendship in Christ!! What a perfect way to start your day, with your Daddy 🙂 I might just have to "steal" your candle idea. I just love the thought of when I look at any candle, that I see the Light and the warmth that our Light brings. Thank you for sharing!!

37. Have loved being in this OBS for A Confident Heart. This week the AM thoughts have just been flooding me, ugh!! So thankful to have the FM verses to battle with, this study is full of wonderful verses from God’s word. I finished reading the Old Testament this week, I had never completed reading all the way through before. Learned a lot on this journey. Being in God’s word is so important to grow but also to battle the enemy. Today’s devotional speaks the truth of taking time with Jesus everyday, He loves us so much!! Have a great weekend everyone!

• Susan
      Love what you had to say. Great reminder of how important:Being in God’s word is so important to grow but also to battle the enemy. Yes staying in God’s world will help us overtake the devil and the doubt messages he try to put in are heads. Being in God’s word will help fight off those thoughts. Moving forward we will be more able to replace doubts of the devil with God’s word. We will be filled with God’s word, God’s promise leading us to a closer relationship with God. Amen

• Amy Wall (OBS Prayer/Blog Team) says:

What a great accomplishment, reading through the Old Testament!! I’m glad that you are a part of this study and that you are finding ways to battle the lies, the thoughts that the enemy wants us to believe. Keep moving forward in Christ and all that He is and all that you are IN Him!!

38. AMEN! This blog brought me joy! So encouraging and truthful. I am praising God for saving a Mom and her unborn baby’s lives this week. Both are doing wonderful now – baby boy Asher was born as healthy as can be and Mom (Sarah) is doing really well, and under the care of the hospital. Things went bad quickly in her pregnancy and we were not sure how it was going to go…but God did and He faithfully saved both of their lives. Thank you, God for being who You are – never-failing and all-knowing. God knew the outcome and called us all to pray. So encouraging to see Him at work answering prayers and still performing miracles!

• Amy Wall (OBS Prayer/Blog Team) says:

I am praising God right along side you Judy!! Praise God for two beautiful lives that have been saved. What a blessing to see first hand the power of prayer. God is good…amazing…loving!! Praise Jesus!!

39. Please agree in prayer for reconciliation and marriage for me and my ex. That whatever obstacles keep him from committing will be removed. I really want to spend Thanksgiving with my exboyfriend. Please pray that we take this step in our relationship as I will only go if we get engaged. I haven’t heard from him in weeks, but I am following the principles of Tough Love so my ex needs to contact me about reconciliation. Please pray he does!

• Amy Wall (OBS Prayer/Blog Team) says:

K, go to God and let Him fill you and the void that you are feeling right now. He loves you with all that He is and wants only the best for you!! Know that we are praying for you K!!

40. Please agree in prayer for reconciliation and marriage for me and my ex. That whatever obstacles keep him from commiting will be removed. I really want to spend Thanksgiving with my exboyfriend. Please pray that we take this step in our relationship as I will only go if we get engaged. I haven’t heard from him in weeks, but I am following the principles of Tough Love so my ex needs to contact me about reconciliation. Please pray he does!

41. I’m so thankful that our God is bigger than our stinkin-thinkin. I started this week feeling so confident and then the enemy tried to get me to start thinking stinky after receiving a very stinky email, from what appears to be a “sister in Christ”. The last comment she made was…giving you a critique so that in hopes that your future talks would touch the hearts of people. Uhg well I KNEW that I KNEW that HE touched lives in my talk from a mother’s heart. But the enemy and his stinkin ‘rats’ in life get us listening to that garbage. Don’t listen to that garbage cause it stinks. I’m so thankful that I realized quickly that email sunk like my garbage and I didn’t stay there very long this week. Stop on over at my blog to see how God stopped me from that stinkin thinkin. I PRAISE HIM FOR THIS! http://www.cathy-fry.blogspot.com/2013/11/his-goodness-makes-me-good-enough.html?m=1

42. Praise god , for bringing all of us to the bible study. Really the enemy has been attempting to attack my mind. On the other hand , past three days , I was more relaxed among a crowd of people, where as usually I tend to ge very tensed, the verses which we learned past weeks, kept playing in my mind :).
    Praise god, for making me realize my worth is not on what people think of me , but on who we are in christ.
    Do keep me in your prayers , so that I am able to keep my focus on god always. I pray for all the OBS leaders and sisters that the Lord may heal everyone, in whatever areas they are struggling with.

• Amy Wall (OBS Prayer/Blog Team) says:

What a win for God in that the enemy wasn’t able to get your thoughts to a place where you were tense around the crowd of people!! God has you in this OBS for a reason…to help you grow in such amazing and beautiful ways 🙂 Know that we are lifting you up in prayer sweet sister!

43. “If your loved one wrote a book chronicling his love for you, wouldn’t you read every single word? And God’s book has the power to change your life! How do we not make time for that?”

Point well taken. I’m sitting here asking forgiveness because you’re right. I would totally read a love letter from my sweetheart often but, I don’t make enough time to read my Savior’s Word. Thank you for making that point.

• Amy Wall (OBS Prayer/Blog Team) says:

Convicting…for ALL of us!! But, the wonderful thing is, we can start again and He loves us just the same! 🙂

44. OBS Sisters – I just had to share my heart with you this morning. I feel overwhelmed with God’s love and joy. I read and studied this morning on Chapter 6 and then went about my morning chores. I was on my hands and knees scrubbing the bathroom floor and listening to my iPod when Casting Crowns new song “All you ever wanted” came on. The lyrics say that I bought the lies that promised more – and that all God wants is our heart. The song also says I was chasing healing when I was made well, fighting battles when you conquered Hell, living freedom from a prison cell. Isn’t this the truth sisters? so there I am on the bathroom floor crying, singing and praising the Lord for saving me! It is so wonderful! Praise Him for saving us!

here is a link to the song – I hope it uplifts you as much as it has me!

• Dear heavily Father, thank you for providing the message through the song Casting Crowns new song “All you ever wanted” That Stefanie needed to hear at the write time . Thank you God for always providing the message we need to hear at the right time to remind us of your love and your promises of who we are in Christ.
      God bless you Stefanie. I will be praying that God will continue to pray for you.

• Amen – amazing when God shows up like that. Love it! Thanks for sharing!

45. Stephanie:
    I was injured in 2007 by a patent that was over medicated while working in the hospital being trained forth day on the job. LNi took care of my wrist injury but refuse to treat my elbow and shoulder. Saying that it is not part of my injury. The job before that job was dong In Home Care for 4-5 years. The man grabbed onto my wrist when I was talking his temperature in his ear. He polled on my arm and continued to squeeze my wrist harder and harder.

I am finely able to get my insurance to treat me. I have an MRI with contrast this coming Wednesday the 13th.

Pleas pray
    that they will be able to see what is wrong, decide on the best treatment plan, and follow through tell I am healed. this has been a long battle. I have suffered with sever pain over 6 years. Pleas pray for peace and comfort in the hospital. I suffer from post dramatic stress disorder after that entry at the hospital from being injured and assaulted. The MRI is being done in the hospital.

I found out my doctor does not have the best practices so pleas pray God will find away to line me up will a qualified doctor with good practices.

I want to be able to work with children help them develop, encourage them and teach them about are amazing father Jesus Christ. I Graduated last summer from The Early-childhood education program. God guided and directed me to that program. Working with children is a blessing.
    Thank you for your prayers.

46. Waiting on God says:

I thank God for this study. It has been so timely as I have been bombarded with doubt this year. My “no-fail pail” is filling up! It is so encouraging to go and pull out a card to remind me of His Word and promises, because the times that I need it, I am too overwhelmed to look anything up in the Bible. This year has been filled with trials in my health, damage to my house from flooding, loss of my husband’s job, my job hanging in the balance because of my health, and my child is going through gender issues. But! I can still see God’s Hand in all of this. “Well, you’ve been telling Me you wanted to clean out the basement and get new carpet, so…” 🙂 Not the way I had planned, but what a gift when it is done! All the areas of my life that are being affected, are all areas I have prayed about for a long time as I know change was needed. Well, change is coming! I ask for peace and the openness to meet God where I am; to learn what He has for me in these places of change and fear, and to Move Forward with Him, to complete the plans He has for me. I am constantly going to that “pail”, to keep His Word in my heart as those doubts are flying at me continually. I will find out Monday if I still have a job or not; still have disability income or not. Thank you for your prayers.

• When we are walking in the valley we often see the biggest blessings. I’m praying that you continue to see the gift amidst the struggles. God is near and I’m praying that he continues to show himself in mighty ways! Also PRAYING that you find out tomorrow awesome news about a job! (If it is God’s will!)

• Waiting on God says:

Thanks for your prayers. My employer has allowed an extension on my leave, so as long as I return by January, I can keep my job! That should not be a problem at all. Praising God for His goodness in the midst of the storm.

47. Praise
    God showed me a vision with Am – Fm thoughts.

God showed me a vision a wall with wallpaper on it. The wall had over 1000 negative messages that’s been imprinted in my brain and is how Iv been carrying myself. God said every day tear off the negative message and replace it with a Fm message from me your loving father. All the Am messages that are weighing you down with be replaced by my word. You will then be able to see who you are in Christ. All the negative imprinted messages will be washed away. You will see a wall of how I see you. A beautiful child perfectly made in me Jesus Christ.
    When a negative Am message comes in, I am going to write it down, put an x through it and throw the Am message way in the garbage. Then I will replace that Am message each time with an Fm for me message and write it down. last I will make a picture showing all the Fm Messages so I will then be able to see only #WhoIAm in Christ. Washing all the Am messages away.I will only see how I am in Christ. I am a child of God. I will Frame #WhoIAm Fm messages on a piece of paper and Frame it, so I can see look at it daily and remind myself who I am. The child of God.
    Amen.

48. Janet Daniel says:

I love this new way of (AM) (FM) changing my way of thinking. Ch 6 has really been my most favorite. I just want your prayers for me to not give up on giving my total trust and belief in God and help me to remember when the (AM) thoughts come back that I will be able to stop and think (FM) thoughts because I know it will change my life.
    LOL Janet Daniel

• Dear heavenly Father, When an AM message comes into Janet’s mind Lord I ask you to speak a louder message to her that confirms an FM message who she is in Christ. Father remind Janet to go back to your word when Janet hears a AM against me message, so she can replace those Am messages with your word giving those Am messages less power over her. The power of your word to come in and fill Janet with a Spirit of peace, Hope, filled by your word. In Jesus name I pray amen.

• Praying that you keep drawing near to God and knowing that he will draw near to you! May you find him in new and mighty ways!

49. Patricia D says:

I have a Prayer request fir st for finances and husband’s Job it seems the gentleman he work for isn’t very reliable when it comes to going to work and even paying him.which is hurting us financial. I need prayer for strengthen to wear my dentures with out gagging (gross I know Sorry) but with out being able to wear then Its hard for me to get a job.. Now this may sound weird but I also need prayer regarding my computer apparently it has come down with LOTS of Viruses and its serious affecting my computer If I lose my Computer I won’t be able to finish the OBS or even do anymore.Does anyone know of any FREE anti-virus programs(other than Norton)

Thanks for all prayers.. I do have a praise I do have an interview on Tuesday (Target Stores)

50. Please Let me find a job soon, I am the father of 7 children and need to provide for them. I knoe the Lord has provided for them in the days since I have lost my job, but now I have an opportunity to receive a great job at Ruby Tuesday’s. Please pray for me and my Family that if this where i am supposed to be that the lord will make this happen for me and my family. Thank You

• Dear Heavenly father, I pray that you will line Richard up with this Job at Ruby Tuesday’s if this is were you are calling Richard to be. Lord I ask you to provide a way for Richard to hear you giving him conformation if this location is in his planes. Help Guide and direct Richard to his destination in a way that he knows the message is coming from you. In Jesus mane I pray amen.

• Richard –

Blessings to you as you work to provide for your family. God I pray that you would open the right doors for Richard and allow him to walk into the work calling you have for him in this time!

51. Janet Daniel says:

Stefanie, I just want to tell you thank you for the link to the song; “All You Ever Wanted” by Casting Crowns! It really made me feel great today! I will listen to it many more times!
    Thank you so much!
    Janet Daniel

• sara bowen says:

I to love Casting Crowns and that song. Also check out their song”Jesus,Friend of Sinners.That is if you
      have not heard it already.

52. sara bowen says:

Please pray that God shows me how to have more grace with my mom and at work. Mom is a will of
    doubts from my past and keep them going. I have a boss that is nice but uptight when it gets bussy at
    work. For joy God is helping me see all the things I am moving forward on on thing at a time.

• I understand how you may feel at work. My boss treats every tiny little problem as the world’s biggest deal.
      I try to remember that it is not his approval that matters in my life and not to make decisions (like putting my job first and above God and my family) that lead me away from God’s plan for my life.
      I will pray for you, Sara, that God grants you the power to stay calm in the face of adversity (Psalm 94:13).
      Also, (paraphrasing from another book about the power of thoughts) Realize you cannot meet everyone’s expectations, because when we do this we may be pleasing people rather than God. We must realize that they may have unrealistic expectations that are selfish.
      Thank you, Sara, for sharing your prayer request and for giving me the opportunity to reflect on God’s will in our lives.

• Praying for you as you head to work tomorrow. May you feel Jesus with you and when you’re frustrated, may your focus shift to Him. Sometimes God is as interested in our response as He is in the heart of the one the situation tense! Tomorrow may love abound in your heart in ways that surprise you! Lord, give her eyes to see what you see in her work situation!

53. I would like prayer for my brother who is having really bad headaches and is going to the doctor this week and will be having a brain scan. I am thankful and want to Praise The Lord that my whole family will all be able to get together this year . We are going to have a “ThanksChristmas ” celebration the second weekend in December.Also I want to praise and thank Him for my husband who works hard to take care of us and always makes me laugh.(:

54. Lisa Marie says:

Please pray that my loneliness of being single be filled with Gods word and that he send me my God fearing man. It’s hard to always here about marriage and happiness within the family structure, however there are many of us single and lonely 🙂 This study has been up lifting and has opened my eyes to so much. Thank you father for my OBS sisters of group 70. Amen

55. Hi Everyone!! I left my book in Oklahoma last week, but it really doesn’t matter because all of you have encouraged me so much! All of the videos and music links have reminded me that I am Loved. All of your testimonies have shown me that I am not alone in my insecurities and the Satan IS prowling like a Lion to devour us. We all have battles, as I have read on posts. We need to be Conquerors for Christ. We need to remember who we are and boldly Live out our Faith. As I proclaim these things, I also realize how frail and human I am. I listen to Am thoughts far too much. Life can be discouraging and exhausting. Please pray for me as I continue to look for a job and struggle to become healthy again. I am so thankful for this study and how much God has revealed to Me and to YOU. My God is FM, who can I fear?

56. This is my first Bible study and my first comment.
    I struggle with depression and anxiety and daily feel overwhelmed by a my new job (which my family needs for the income) and by my two young boys, age 2 and 4. I cry at work every day because I am filled with fear of not meeting expectations and because I don’t believe that I can do what needs to be done. I cry every day at home, too often in front of my boys, because I am frustrated with their misbehavior and my lack of patience with them. Too often I yell and lose control of my emotions in front of the boys, setting a bad example of modeling self-control.
    Help me remember the words of this week’s prayer: to realize that God is always with me, holding my hand and guiding me. Help me so that His Word becomes so entwined in my heart, that the lies of the devil – that I am incapable, incompetent, impatient, unloving – do not cause me to falter at work and at home.
    I need to remember (and TRULY believe in my heart) that through the Lord, I have the strength to do all I need to do, that I have the love and patience to be a good role model for my children and to guide their development.
    Please join my prayers to lead me to the Lord’s Word when the devil’s doubts start to creep in; to lead me to the Lord’s love when I feel alone and unable to go on.

• Waiting on God says:

Cara, not all emotions are due to our lack of ability to get things done. Please check in with your doctor in case you have some physiological cause for all this (low thyroid, blood sugar, etc). Sometimes changes in diet, activity (walk around the block), or a vitamin supplement can make all the difference in the world!

• Cara –

woO-HOO! So glad that you got on and commented!

Praying that you are strengthened and encouraged this week. Praying for a leveling of emotions and for increase in patience. As I mom, I TOTALLY get the erupting cycle! May Jesus nudge you ever so slightly as it begins and may you focus on Him! Just whisper the name Jesus!

57. Would y’all please pray for some very dear friends of ours. They’ve just discovered that their children, adopted through DFS/CPS, have been committing incest with each other for several years. It had been VERY well hidden. No one had ANY idea! This is a sweet, Godly couple, that has already raised their first family and have grandchildren. They have faced many trials in recent years and she has battled breast cancer, and is healthy at the present time. They are devastated to say the least. The oldest is nearly 17 and has been taken to juvenile detention right now. Suffice it to say that this is an extremely sad story. Please cover this darling couple with prayer

• Christine –

Praying for a supernatural protection and peace over this family. I pray that you would give Christine the words of wisdom that she needs as friend in these trying times. May she be a loving support. I think of the story in the bible where the friends held Moses’ arms up. May you be that friend right now.

58. Nancy Dye says:

I loved Ginny’s message today about the Bible being a love letter from God. It’s true that when my husband buys me a card with a beautiful, loving message, I read it a few times because I know that he spends a lot of time buying a card with the right words for us. I never thought of the Bible being written to us from God as the same thing. Thank you OBS for walking with me through my faith journey of realizing that God WANTS us to be confident.

59. First, I just want to thank God for all of you who help to make me not feel alone and give me both strength and encouragement to continue to battle doubts and fight to believe in the love and Word of God.

Please pray for my continued strength to not give up and give in to doubts.

Please pray for my a girl that I mentor. She deals with a lot of anger and has trouble trouble with anger management. She is often in trouble. She lives with her dad, grandmother and brothers and sisters. Her dad called me recently to cancel an outing because when she is left with her grandmother for any significant amount of time, she yells and fusses and degrades her grandmother and her siblings. It happens at school and at other places. She’s just angry, but doesn’t really know why. Please pray that she can articulate the source of her anger and that we know how to help her to do so and work towards diffusing it.

• Adrienne – praying continued strength over you and wisdom as you love on this sweet girl. Not sure if this girl is getting any professional counseling, but it might help identify the source of the anger, or diagnose any other conditions.

Often I t find that as I minister to others the Lord teaches me so much. Praying that is true for you!

60. I have a prayer request. I have bipolar disorder and right now I am in a depression cycle. I’ve been struggling for about 4 weeks now. (Hmm…could the enemy be at work here? Coincidence it happens to be week 4 of the study, I think not!) My motivation is non-existant and I find it hard to do even the basic things. I have a hard time being present for my family. I am so blessed to have my family who supports me through the hard times, I just wish I could get out of this pit.

61. Janet Daniel says:

Hi! Sara Bowen! I will listen to it. I have heard it before but I never get tired of hearing it.
    Thanks! Janet D.

62. Stephanie says:

I’m thankful God is opening my eyes to see Satan’s lies. Just yesterday I was tempted but thankful God gave me a way out.

63. Janet Daniel says:

Tina,
    I’m praying for you. Thanks for sharing!
    Prayers for everyone!

64. Please pray that God will continue to transform my life as I press in to Him & change my husband’s heart & restore our marriage.

65. Debbie Tapparo says:

Let me start by saying I truly do love my husband. We’ve known each other for years, but we’ve only been married going on 7 years. He is 11 years younger (41) and I’m 52. Being the age I am, my sexual desires have diminished to say the least. I know this affects our relationship, but I just don’t have the desire, energy or just plain “want to”. I’ve not prayed about it because I’m not sure how to or what to listen for as far as God’s answer to this issue. I’m really surprised that I’m even writing to you ladies about it. I do take some medications that I believe hinders this situation. Not sure what to do about it and really not sure if I want to do anything about it as I’m selfishly fine as it is. How horribly selfish that sounds. I will pray about it and I ask for prays that I hear God and I change my attitude about this. I almost want to laugh at this, but I know that this could lead to bigger issues in my marriage and if I can make my marriage better than it is, I need to put forth the effort.

• Waiting on God says:

Go see your GYN. There are topical creams for the genital area that will help with that, and you probably should have lab work done to check for any other conditions (like anemia, etc). A good OTC St. John’s Wort helps with depression/lack of energy, and a B complex will also help with increasing energy. Just start with massages. You’ll be surprised where it leads. God’s blessings on you.

• If you are taking meds now don’t start taking St john’s wort with out your Doctor’s okay as I took it and it didn’t mix good with my other meds and It made thing bad. But I would go see your GYN as I have some of what you are talking about and it was because of the meds I was taking.

66. CarolAnne says:

Thank you for this OBS.It is so very helpful to me!
    I am praying for us all and ask for prayers for my son-in-law and my hubby. They both have new bosses who are being very mean. With the job market as bad as it is, I believe these bosses are trying to get them to quit so a member of the bosses family can have a job! It is so sad to say, but that is what I am feeling.
    Thanks again for your prayers, xo

67. So thankful for this post today as the past week has been a blur. My Grandma fell and broke her hip at 93 years old. She had a partial hip replacement and hasn’t done so well after surgery. I haven’t been in the word like I should because of the trip to the hospital and all. So, this was a very good reminder for me. Thank you.

68. Jane Hilson says:

“Stinking Thinking” Wow! A lot of thoughts come to mind…A “friend” who makes negative remarks about “Christians”…A son who makes negative remarks about home improvement projects…Monday morning at work (It looks like I left it, and they added more!)
    Sometimes it’s just a knee-jerk reaction to something totally out of our control.
    Sometimes it’s just somebody vocalizing their bad day.
    Sometimes it’s doubt. My son, a coworker, friend or (?) tries to question me and why I’m doing something that I’m only going to “fail” at.
    Sometimes I can answer, “If you don’t at least try, then you’ve already failed.” Other times I’ve found the best answer to be silence.

69. Just wanted to say what a wonderful post you made Ginny! Such a powerful and inspiring message!

70. First I would like to say that I am so thankful for the OBS and although I am new to this it has met me in a place that I have struggling with. I know without a doubt that this moment was not by accident. I would like prayer for the strength and courage to continue to walk with my head up inspite of what I am currently facing. It is so hard sometimes to walk looking up when you don’t know who all knows what has happened in your life and relationship but I know that it was on public display. Even if I tried to explain, it would not make a difference. I have been feeling like running to a new church and just disappearing from those that I know but I know that I can’t, I have to be still. Please pray for me as continue from where I am and keep moving forward.

71. Terri Weidner says:

I am so grateful for this Bible study!!! God has revealed so much to me in these past 4 weeks!!! It hasn’t been easy or painless but it has been so worth it!!! Someone (I think it was a post by Stephanie Raquel) said “hurting people hurt people”….that described me!!! Ouch!!! I was hurting the people I loved the most with my words and actions!!! Through this study ( and the book Unglued by Lysa TerKeurst) I have discovered truth, forgiveness, and healing in God’s Word!!! His Word has become life to me….more than ever!!! God is so amazing!! I encourage all of you wonderful ladies to keep going…never give up!!!! God loves you and will never give up on you!!! Thank you to the Proverbs 31 team for you faithful service!!! You do make a difference!!

72. Please pray for my husband, as were stuck in a spiritually dead church, to seek out a place of worship where we can grow in our relationship with christ

73. Thank the Lord for this messge!!! I so needed it tonight! I have beem trying to do this Bible Study without the book. I ordered it back around Oct, 8th but the since its a new book the Bible book store couldnt get it yet. It is suppose to be in any day now. Although its been challenging to do this study without the book, God has blessed me with the verses and the emails I receive. I am thankful that nothing can stop the Lord God above that no matter what the obstacle maybe in our lives as long as we put forth that effert to

74. seek Him, He provides what we need and is faithful to bring us close to Him. The key is seek Him with all our heart not letting those obstacles get in the way to discourage us. Thank you again Lord!!! I may not have my copy of the book but yet God is still meeting me with every email I read, videos I watch and verse I look up in this study. He is working!!!

75. I’ve been struggling with doubt and insecurity, please pray I can overcome it. Also pray for my marriage, which has been struggling lately, not sure if it’s from my issues or his actions/issues or both, but I’m getting frustrated and discouraged by it all.
    Thanks so much!

76. It’s been a rough week, but I know this study is changing me and I’m praising God for it. I’ve really struggled with insecurity when it comes to my appearance due to some health issues, but this weekend I’ve been more comfortable than I have been in a long time. I haven’t let it hinder what I do as I often have in the past. When I start to have AM thoughts, I remember that it is Satan whispering those negative things and I refuse to let him win anymore. I’m finding that it’s become much easier to refute his lies with God’s promises. It’s actually starting to become automatic! I’m changing the way I think! Praise God! I could still use prayer for my healing. I believe Him for restored health and pray that I continue to embrace #WhoIam in Him while I wait.

77. This has been an incredible week of positive growth!

I started a new job on Monday and I’ve been really working at replacing any lies that the enemy tries to bring to my mind with God’s truth. I do not believe that I’m not good enough for this position; I believe that I am God’s masterpiece, created to do the good things He planned for me long ago. I do not believe that this job is too difficult for me; I believe that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

The mind is definitely the battlefield. And this week, I was ready to win! Thank you Jesus that you were with me every step of the way! And because I believe what You say, I know #WhoIAm – I am Yours!

http://youtu.be/VU_rTX23V7Q (I am Yours by Casting Crowns)
    http://youtu.be/n9RqVRBtjM4 (Children of God by Third Day Video)
    http://youtu.be/ZuJWQzjfU3o (Hello, My Name Is by Matthew West)

78. Could use prayer for discernment. Struggling with my kids and the best form of discipline in the situation I am in and the discernment and wisdom to deal in a Godly way in other parts of my life.

79. I am so grateful for this OBS as well as the additional encouragement from the blogs of all those involved in Proverbs 31 Ministries. God has been doing a work in my heart and life, and this study has been another tool God is using to create the woman He sees and created me to be. Please join with me as I continue to stand in faith and pray for the restoration and healing of my marriage. God has shown His grace and His unfailing faithfulness and I am praying that we see a full reconciliation as the two people God intended us to be. Thank you for this ministry.

80. Prayers requested. I am still struggling to find God’s direction in my life. I keep reading Jeremiah 29:11 and trust that God has plans for me but have to be honest and say it is a day to day struggle to hold on to that promise.

81. I’m asking for prayer for a friend. she alienates many people with her pushy, bossy, “my way or the highway” ways. She does a lot of good & has many good organizational qualities but few people see her good because she is stepping on their toes in doing it. A lot of what she does is in an effort to garner compliments, thanks & others approval and we are all learning that feeling confident & loved cannot come from others. She claims to know Christ, but her actions & attitude seem to say that she doesn’t REALLY KNOW Him. Please pray for her. She is so hurt that no one appreciates her. She really needs to Know Jesus on a more personal level.

82. I definitely need prayer, but don’t we all. I am still homesick and my new home, Texas is not cool. Texas has burned me too much and I have only been here 4 months. I know I am mess and my husband clearly assures me that he has issues and so do others, but do I believe it? No. I am struggling to keep my anger in check and have fear that I will never have kids because of my own out of control emotions. I refuse to bring up kids in the angry world that my parents brought me up in. Hence they have been divorced for several years now. However, due to the divorce my mom found Jesus and so did I . So how can I call myself a believer when I am disgusting? The kids thing is killing me because there are more pregnant ladies in Amarillo, TX than in Cleveland, OH, which is where I am from. I can’t stand it. I have such a hatred for these women it’s ridiculous. Hence, my womb is barren because my husband won’t get me pregnant. How selfish and immature is that? That’s me and my disgusting flesh. Lord, forgive me and my selfishness. You are getting me A’S and B’s in my grad program, which I just started, so I know you can clean up this mess, that has been long over due. God, intercede in my anger and break it down. It needs to go otherwise I might end up hurting myself, my spouse, or possibly end up in jail. I don’t want to go that route. You can intervene, but please take away these emotions because I am ready to fight someone. Take the fight out of me God and change the anger into love for you, my spouse, and even pregnant ladies. Forgive me for being jealous of my spouse, who seems to have everything going well, as my life falls apart. Forgive me for hating pregnant women because it’s not their fault that someone knocked them up and I can’t have the same treatment. God, you got the wrong girl who is supposed to be on your team. You don’t know who you picked and how I belong on Satan’s team. You picked me to go your will and instead I sit here in tears because I am bitter, homesick, and confused as to why you took my husband and I away from Cleveland. What does Amarillo have for me to do your will? That I have no answer for. You took me away from my students in Cleveland Hts. and that I cannot forgive you for. Those were my babies, and now I am none. Not even biological or kids to work with cause Texas doesn’t take my Ohio teaching license. Oh Texas, how can I love you ever? In your name, I pray. Amen.

83. Prayer for all…
    This prayer is dedicated to all the OBS ladies.
    Father God, I thank you for their openness to come to you.Lord help them in their marriages with whatever the need may be. Lord, provide opportunities for intimacy in our marriages. God, I pray for parents struggling with discipline and give them wisdom on how to discipline. I pray for those who are on medications, including myself, and help them to have you be their doctor. I pray Lord for Ginny and all the Proverbs 31 ministers as they continue to give us encouragement that comes from your word. God, I pray for those who have been with family in the hospital and comforting them. I thank you Lord, that if I missed a need, that you remember it. Thanks for always being there. I pray blessings and better weeks for all the ladies. Thank you for helping the ladies fix their minds on your word and ditch Satan’s lies. Continue to renew our minds daily. We thank you and praise you Jesus. Amen.

84. Elizabeth Hawkins says:

Thank you Jen, for your prayers for marriages and discipline of our childrdn. These are two things I request prayer for my family. Satan is really coming against families. He is causing a great division. I pray for our homes and that God bind the enemy and his attacks against our homes. God bless all of you here tonight. Love you all. Thank you for this Bible study. I so needed it. He has helped me imensely.

85. This has been an incredible week of positive growth!

86. Need pray for the way I been feel about the way some people feel about me and came to my face and said some things. I feel the doubt of not being a good helper for my husband and not helping him go forward in his job. I been doubting the feeling and love of our relationship as he has anger and I can’t figure out why he would have it and he can’t tell me why as he doesn’t know why. It is pulling us apart and is scaring me.

87. I just want to thank God for never ever giving up on me and for keeping his hand on my life and for giving me breath each day. I just ask for prayer that I apply God’s word to my life that I would not just listen to what I’m being taught at church but to take it and apply it to my own life. I ask for prayer that I would get a fresh revelation of who God is and his love for me and that the barriers that I have put up in my life will come down. The first anniversary of my sister’s death is coming up at the start of december and I haven’t properly grieved for her and I’m finding it so difficult at the minute as I miss her so much. I know she is in heaven and that she is whole and free but I’m really struggling with the “why” of it all and I know I will never understand or get answers but I just ask that God will be especially near to me over the next few weeks as I’m struggling to come to terms with the loss and with life in general. I’m battling with a bout of depression and wanting to run away from real life and I’ve started relying on old coping mechanisms to take away the pain. I just need a fresh revelation of God, of who he is and that he is nothing like how I perceive him to be.

88. I want to cheat with someone. He doesn’t love me, barely talks to me. I am losing sleep. It’s making me crazy but I hope that his love will validate that I am special. I am so lost. The more I read the book the worse the decisions I make. My husband isn’t very affectionate, my job sucks, my kids are fighting all the time. All I want to do is sleep and go over & over how worthless I am. I feel like all I’m good for is sex. I afraid to trust Him. I know God loves me. I just can’t shake off this insecurity. sorry for rambling I guess I’m asking for prayer. I just want the depression to stop.

• Jennifer, I feel your pain. God’s love will validate that you are special. I’m praying for you today. Sometimes I think we women look for our worth from a man and if we don’t get it, we think we are worthless. But that isn’t what God says. God says our worth comes from him, and we are worth dieing for. God is enough and you belong to him so you are enough. God loves you and you are special enough for him to die for you. for you!

89. I have been struggling with “worth” and being “worthless” Why? because I believe a lie about what I’m supposed to be and have. I think no one loves me, or wants me. As I was doing my study today, all the failures in my life kept coming up. and what really hit home, is “I’m not a failure!” the “outcome” wasn’t the plan, but the trust in God and following through was.

In the world we live in, it’s like you are supposed to “get it right” and not make mistakes and that is how you know you have the right faith. So if things don’t work out — you don’t have enough faith, aren’t good enough, or something. Where did this “vending machine religion come from? not God.

90. My JOY is: we joined our church as members yesterday and I am so happy. Unfortunately, it’s not something I can share with my parents because they will have something negative to say because it’s not the denomination I grew up in. I am over earthly labels for how to follow God. My pastor says as long as we are part of the “big C” Church (versus the little c church) then we are good. So glad for my family!

91. My issue with reading my bible is that I don’t feel like I know how to read it. When I take the time to read a little I don’t understand what I am reading and I don’t get anything out of it. Where do I start? I have read the new testament and alot of the old testament and when I try sit and read it I just don’t know what part to read and when I just pick a place and read, I just don’t get anyting out of it. Help!! Is there a certain way to go about reading the bible?

92. To Stefanie (comment above) who posted the Casting Crowns song….a BIG thank you! Just what I needed to hear tonight. God bless you sweet lady!
    To all my OBS sisters who also struggle with depression, anxiety, it is so hard and I have been struggling this past week. I promise to keep you all in my prayers. God is bigger than this and will bless us through this study, I feel confident!
    ~blessings to you all~

93. Thank you for sharing this post Ginny. I just set the alarm on my phone for time with Jesus in the morning!

94. I have a basket, and in it are my Bible, a notebook, a pen, a highlighter, and whatever book I’m currently doing an OBS with. Having everything I need in one potable container makes it easier to take the study with me, either in the car, or if we go away, or even upstairs in the house. Also, I find that having all my “tools” in one spot, in one basket, gives the Bible study I’m working on a “home” in my home, as a permanent resident, in need of my attention, just as much as my children. I would not spend a day ignoring my family’s needs, and I should not spend a day ignoring my spiritual needs either. I have to believe I am as important as them. In fact, if I don’t take care of my needs, I become less and less able to take care of theirs, and then we all lose, even God.

95. Hello.This post was really remarkable, especially since I was searching for thoughts on this topic last Monday.

96. Unquestionably believe that which you said. Your favorite reason seemed to be on the net the easiest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get irked while people think about worries that they plainly do not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side effect , people could take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

97. I want to show my respect for your kindness in support of people that must have help with that field. Your very own commitment to getting the message all-around came to be definitely good and have continually helped others just like me to realize their dreams. Your own warm and helpful facts denotes a lot a person like me and somewhat more to my colleagues. Best wishes; from everyone of us.

98. You ought to experience a contest personally with the finest blogs on-line. I’m going to suggest this page!

99. That’s a really very good point of view, however is just not create any kind of sence at all discussing this mather. Any kind of approach thanks as nicely as i had try to promote the publish towards delicius but it’s quite considerably a problem with your blogging on earth do you you should recheck this. several thanks once once again.

100. Hiya, I am really glad I have found this information. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossips and net and this is really frustrating. A good website with exciting content, that is what I need. Thank you for keeping this website, I will be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can not find it.

101. A powerful share, I merely given this onto a colleague who was performing slightly evaluation on this. And he actually purchased me breakfast as a result of I discovered it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the deal with! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to debate this, I feel strongly about it and enjoy studying more on this topic. If attainable, as you become experience, would you mind updating your blog with extra particulars? It truly is very valuable for me. Massive thumb up for this weblog put up!