I Love Proverbs 31 Ministries!

One of the things I love best about my job at Proverbs 31 Ministries is getting to see first hand the work God does in transforming lives through this ministry. It’s absolutely crazy amazing. And it happens everyday. Check out this video~

Join us on the front lines! from Proverbs 31 Ministries on Vimeo.

I love that video so much because I can relate. I was once, and really still am, a woman who receives much from Proverbs 31 Ministries.

It was eighteen years ago when I first learned about Proverbs 31. My 2nd child had just been born and even though I had a wonderful family and friends, I was lonely. I felt very inadequate as a wife and mom. Proverbs 31 Ministries became my mentor in walking with me daily, guiding and teaching me what a personal relationship with Jesus looked like. I learned how to bring my faith to life for myself and in the lives of my family. I can’t believe I get to be a part of that today. Not only do I work at Proverbs 31 Ministries, but I’m also a monthly partner. I don’t have to give money to this ministry, I GET TO give money to this ministry. And by doing so, I’ve become a small part of bringing God’s peace, purpose, and perspective to the lives of women all across the world. Proverbs 31 Ministries changed my life. My family and I will forever be grateful to God and P31.

Maybe you too have been blessed by Proverbs 31 Ministries.  If so, would you consider joining us? Below are ways you can be a part of all God is doing through P31.

1. Prayer. This is the best thing anyone can do for our ministry. Would you pray for Proverbs 31 Ministries?

• Pray right now.
  • Pray once a week. (Hey, that’s 52 times a year!)
  • Pray daily.

2. Giving. We are able to do what we do at Proverbs 31 because of the financial gifts God has provided through people like you.  No amount is too small or too big. One dollar helps! When I look at what this community did through Dove’s Nest during our Yes to God study (you all gave over $28,000!!!) all through the combination of small and large gifts, I am still blown away! Never underestimate what God can do through our gifts. Online Bible Studies are possible for FREE to all of us because there are people out there giving to financially support this ministry!

3. Volunteer.

• Do you live in the Charlotte, NC area?  We need regular volunteers we can count on. Email nicki@proverbs31.org if you can help!

4. Encourage. Ministry can be difficult at times. Our office is always grateful when we hear from our P31 community.

• Send a card to the P31 office. 630 Team Rd. Suite 100, Charlotte, NC  28105
  • Email a prayer to the P31 office. prayer@proverbs31.org
  • Let us know how P31 has impacted your life. Click here to tell us your story.

Thank you so much for being a part of this OBS community. I love y’all dearly!

Here in the United States we are celebrating Thanksgiving this week. One of the things I’m most thankful for is you. That’s the truth.

Thank you so much for your support! We need you and we truly love our community of women from all over the world. You are a big blessing to me personally and to our entire team and staff.

Comments

1. Jeanie Kelley says:

With the things around here going as hectic as they are, I will stand in the “gap” for Proverbs 31 ministries and pray for you and your organization. Wishing we could do something for you financially, but we are still working ourselves out of my husband being without a job since 2012. You have given me a hope and I feel like this mother with her daughter as I do with my son. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to know what an impact you are doing. With prayers, Jeanie Kelley.

2. A couple of years ago Proverbs 31 Ministries gave this full time corporate world employee, mother to 4 children and 3 grandchildren, co-owner/Administrator to our family business an opportunity to participate in amazing on-line bible studies. These are FREE studies! For someone with so many irons in the fire it was the perfect answer for me! P31 Ministry is one of the vessels that taught me how to use The Word, that through these studies helped me grow in my relationship with Jesus Christ, that has taught me what it means to serve God through serving others. It created a burning desire in me to reach out to other women that were looking for the same thing – I became a Volunteer Proverbs 31 Online Bible study Facebook leader, and now a Volunteer Team leader over several Facebook teams – today I have the opportunity to not only be fueled and grow closer to Christ but I have the opportunity to work with so many others that like me are striving to be the women God desires us to be. P31 is full of amazing prayer warriors and the love for Jesus within each P31 Jesus Girl is amazing. And Yes, I contribute financially as well. I know many of the ladies of P31 personally -, The OBS team, the speakers and authors – I know their hearts and their desires – their sacrifices for the work they do. I am proud to be a very small part of this incredible serving ministry. A ministry that like Jesus meets each woman where they are . Thankful for Lysa TerKeurst and each and every person it takes to make this women’s ministry what it is today! It has definitely changed my life and continues to help me grow into the Godly woman and servant I strive to be today.

• mary b- obs leader says:

I could not agree with you more Kelley. P31 ladies are family! Thank you ladies, proud to support our ministry each month! Prouder to be part of the leadership team at OBS. Thankful for all of you and this opportunity to serve. Grateful that God gave me this ministry when I needed it the most. It has changed me life.

3. Melissa, I’ve been reading Proverbs 31 devotionals for quite awhile now. But this is the first time I’ve been involved in one of the online Bible Studies, Confident Heart. I’m not one to post and read all the other posts – don’t have that much time! But I read every chapter, work through the questions, listen to the calls (usually later in the car), and watch all the videos. Y’all are doing an amazing job and I have been blessed tremendously to be a part of the study. Thank you for whatr you are doing and for the out reach of your ministry. I am planning to do Mad to Crave in January and have a friend who wants to join me. Also, I’m going to talk to my sister this weekend and see if she’d be interested. Have a wonderful, blessed Thanksgiving! Y’all are definitely in my prayers :).

4. Thank you…………. I am so happy to have found Proverbs31 Ministries. Thank you all for this ministry and all you do to share the love of God. 🙂

5. I want to thank you for all the ways you reach out to us women in our daily lives. I personally have been so touched by the OBS portion. I have been participating in the OBS studies for over a year now and have grown so much in my walk with my Abba Father. I have a home church that I attend regularly but have not been able to attend the women’s Bible studies due to my obligations at home and work so being able to do the online study and be a part of a small FB group has been an answer to prayer. I am so thankful for my group and my leader, Dottie who is so caring and encouraging. Thanks again for your faithful service and the wonderful community and teaching in the OBS.

6. I love P31! I have grown so very much since coming here daily. My day starts in prayer, bible study & OBS. Love it! Every morning I enjoy the P31 blog. It all starts my day. I already give to the ministry financially & I pray for all of you daily, so does my husband. You have truly been a blessing to us. I would love to be a volunteer but, it’s hard when I’m in Washington state & y’all are in North Carolina, lol. I would love to help in any way possible. I truly love you all! Thank you so very much!

7. I thank you all for how God has used you ladies and making Him more real to me. I have read my Bible and I have been in other bible studies. The one thing that was different here was your devotionals, books, they all come from real places. Something I can pull from and say, “Hey others have been here and they have beat it with God” “I want that” I will pray for your organization and may God continue to use and bless to reach many more. More women, more countries, more languages, more lives.

8. I truly don’t know what my life would be like right now without the impact of Proverbs 31 ministries. Suffering loss after loss earlier this year and seeking comfort and encouragement I found your website and the daily devotions were remarkable. The encouragement and prayers they offered were amazing and I often felt God was speaking to me directly. Then I began participating in the free online Bible studies, first “What Happens When Women Say Yes to God” then a gap study, and now “A Confident Heart.” The prayers, love, and encouragement I have received through this ministry and the friends I have made online were just what I needed to begin to reach out to others in my community and even in my church. They have inspired and supported a deeper love for Christ and a far greater recognition of His love for me; and continue to do so each and every day. This Thanksgiving promises to be an extra special one with a completely different perspective and that is thanks, in no small part to Proverbs 31 ministries. Thanks so much for all that you and all the volunteers etc do to provide a place where women can truly be honest with each other, God, and themselves. I’m so very thankful for your presence in my life.

9. TABITHA JONES says:

I am so thankful for Proverbs 31. My life has been greatly impacted through you ladies. I found your site a little over a year ago and it has been amazing. I have participated in the OBS ever since I found the site and my walk with God is so much stronger. When I found your site I had been through a hard time in my life and was very down on myself and not sure what I was even going to do with myself. This site has been my life line when I needed to get encouraged or needed someone praying for me. I want to help financially but I am not able to right now but I am praying the Lord helps me to be able to after the first of the year. I hope each and every one has a blessed Thanksgiving.

10. Lisa McDonald says:

I’m already a monthly partner because P31 has done so much for my life. The OBS has been life-changing and I’ll be forever grateful to everyone who make this possible.
    This year I’m thankful for P31 Ministries, thank you!

11. I am sixty-three years old. Two years ago I lost my job due to age discrimination. I was very down on myself>I have done all the online bible studies. It was as though they were written for me. I can’t begin to tell you how much I have been helped.I live on a small pension now. I am so blessed to be part of the community!!!!!

12. I am thankful for Prooverbs 31 Ministry. I started out signing up for the daily devotions where I learned about the online Bible Studies. Slowly but surely I ave taken steps along the way to be more involved. I feel like The Lord led me to the Studies ( this is my third one). I had been praying to find a women’s bible study…. Who knew that it would be an online study that He would lead me to…. with every study I have felt Gods love and acceptance through all of the ladies involved and with working and caring for my mom at this time it has helped that I can do it when it is convienant to me. So thankful for all of you who make it possible…(: Blessings to all

13. Janet Daniel says:

I want to thank all of you for this ministry. It has helped me in so many ways to become stronger in my faith in Christ. I have never read the Bible quite as much as I do now. This is my first time to stick with a study of reading the Bible and really listening to what He whispers to me. I will pray for you continually. I love you all and want to continue in these studies. I want to share my story when I have more time to write it out. This is a glorious ministry, and I’m grateful for all those who shared from their heart and for all the prayers offered from everyone! Happy Thanksgiving!!!Everyone!
    Thank you! 🙂

14. I have been blessed tremendously by Proverbs 31 Ministries devotionals for such a long time now. When I first stumbled upon “Melissa Taylor’s Online Bible Studies” which was the starting place for P31 OBS, it became such a blessing in my life. As a busy homeschooling mama of 4, and whose church women’s group meets in the morning during the week, this community was a life saver for me. I have cherished all of the friendships, laughter and growth for the last almost 2 years. May God bless Proverbs 31 Ministries and everyone involved.

15. Melissa Taylor says:

I just read all of these comments and I want to thank y’all! I love hearing how Proverbs 31 Ministries and Online Bible Studies have impacted your life. Thank you for your prayers, love, and support. Y’all are the best! Thanking God for you right now!
    Love,
    Melissa

16. Proverbs 31 is truly a “God-send! The daily devotions, bible studies and each one of you who contribute your encouragement and share your stories have changed my life. My world is so full and I am able to share this ministry with family and friends. God bless you all, happy Thanksgiving.

17. I’ve been getting the daily Devotions for a while now but doing the OBS Confident Heart has helped me so much to begin getting rid of things that have been a part of me for so long and held me down! I felt like Renee was writing about me a lot of the time! And Melissa, you’re so relatable and down to earth and feel like a BFF! 🙂 I will pray daily for this amazing ministry! Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

18. Jennifer Helms says:

I am so grateful for proverbs 31 as well. I love the books and questions, it has helped me so much to grow in my journey. Thank all of you so much. Happy Thanksgiving. Thanks be to god

19. Hey, just wanted to say hello and Happy Thanksgiving. This group has been a real blessing in my life. I realize, or rather have been reminded, that I cannot go a day without God’s word and spending time with Him. Last night I had some challenges and realized that my reactions to those challenges had been my lack of communion with God. I have to shift my focus back to Him and off of myself and my struggles. I mean, what have we all been learning these past few weeks: spend time getting to know God and grow confident in His word thereby growing confidence in ourselves. I just thank Proverbs 31 ministries and I am considering becoming a partner-wow even saying that gives me a cause to exercise my faith to believe in Him and His word. Have very blessed and much needed time of refreshing and reflecting on all God has done with and through you-well done!!

20. I am truly thankful for P31 and Melissa Taylor for these online studies. I first learned of P31 when I heard the radio spots by Lysa & Renee on our local Christian radio station, then I checked it out online and have been a fan ever since! This ministry is so real and I love y’all! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

21. Bobbi Owens says:

Hey Ladies sorry for posting so late. I just want to say I am so thankful for this Bible Study. I am also thankful for gods wonderful grace and mercy….

22. Hello, I try and do my best I go to church , fellowship with my brothers and sisters. I live in Florida and love the warm weather. but my daughter is thinking of moving to Montana, I am so afraid of the cold but she will send for me in about a year and 1/2 meantime i have a choice to either stay in Florida or go be with my Twin sister who lives in New Jersey (She moving up State) I love my Twin and want to be with her she is also a Christian she had cancer about a year ago and she claimed healthiness God has heal her. I love my sister very much. but I am afraid of the cold weather and have done good as afar as the weather here in Florida. I work but don’t make a lot of money, If i move to my sisters we would be together and she said she would keep me warm and help me with a job my sister is married (I am not) i just worry i will not get much for social security and just leaving Florida scares me because my don’t know what to expect and I am just going to miss my other grand kids and other daughter that lives in Florida. My kids are scared my son is in Virgina he is in the Navy but once he retires he plans to move to Florida. I am just so scared my twin sister tells me to pray about it I have no insurance and i need my teeth fixed my sister says she can help me because we will be together. I pray and ask God for guidance. I cry i am going to miss my grandson that is moving to Montana with my other daughter I’ve been with him since he was born he will be (10 in June) sometimes I just feel like screaming but I know God is with me I just am so confused and shaken please I ask for prayers all this is to happen in January 2017 I just want you also to pray for my daughter Lauren that she is making the right choice move to Montana. I thank you for reading this God bless