Action Plan~ Week 2

Here’s your overview of what’s coming up in Week 2 of the Made to Crave Action Plan~

First, watch this video I recorded to get us ready for another great week doing the Action Plan. Our theme this week: #EatSmart

If you cannot see a video message above this sentence, click here.

Verse of the Week~

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.~ Thessalonians 5:16-18

Word of the Week~

#EatSmart

Week 2 Happenings ~

Monday

• Video message from Lysa TerKeurst and Dr. Chilton. As you watch the video, use the outline to follow along or to take notes on anything that stands out to you. If you have time you can begin the Group Discussion questions, but we will also be working on these Tuesday.
  • Dr. Chilton, co-author of Made to Crave Action Plan and of Gene Smart Wellness joins our Made to Crave Conference Call Series LIVE on today’s call. Future guests include: Buck Buhler of B3 Fitness, Amy Lykins of LEAN Wellness, and author of Made to Crave and co-author of the Made to Crave Action Plan, Lysa TerKeurst. Denise Hammond will be joining us for our webinar: Overcoming the Challenges of a Lifelong Commitment to Healthy Eating, taking place week 5.
  • To sign up, click here.

Tuesday

• Group Discussion Questions from the Made to Crave Action Plan. Check your email or the P31 study blog on the Proverbs 31 website for more details.

Wednesday

• We’ll begin the Between-Sessions Personal Study and Action Plan section. Check your email or the P31 study blog on the Proverbs 31 website for more details.

Thursday

Today you can take a break from the study or join in one of these optional activities:

• Photo Hop ~ What a fun new addition to this study! We loved looking at so many pictures last week that reflected James 1:5. Can’t wait to see what y’all do with this week’s assignment…and here it is! Eat Smart - Share a picture of one of your healthy food choices from this week (breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snack)
  • Rev It Up ~ 8 pm EST. LIVE interactive Bible study on Facebook (you must have a Facebook account to participate). Go ahead and click on the following link NOW to get all the directions and information you need for this Thursday’s event. You don’t want to miss this! It’s wildly fun and amazing how impactful!  https://www.facebook.com/events/1455490398014104/?ref=5

Friday

• Complete any part of the Week 2 plan that you haven’t gotten to yet. Reflect on this week’s verses, 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18.

Saturday

• We stormed the heavens with our prayers last week and we will do it again this week! Join us today for a time of prayer and praises with our beautiful OBS Prayer Coordinator, Jamy Whitaker!

That pretty much wraps up Week 2! Remember to rejoice, pray, give thanks, & #EatSmart!

In the comment section today, write this week’s verse then share how you can rejoice always, pray continually, and give thanks in all circumstances? Is this possible? I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on this!

Happy Sunday!

Comments

1. Yvonne Fuchs (OBS small group leader) says:

Nikki sorry you are not feeling well, praying for your recovery soon. Melissa I love this week’s verse and that it is God’s will for us! I am excited about week 2 and Monday’s conference call. The calls are always so full of information and encouragement. I usually listen to them over and over just to pick up things I had missed earlier! Thanks for all you guys do, you ROCK!

2. “REJOICE always, PRAY continually, GIVE THANKS in ALL circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thess. 5:16-18
    I am going to ~ REJOICE that God is with me, watching over me, that HIS mercies are new every morning, every hour, every minute! REJOICE that He does not want me to stay in any moments of defeat I face ~ but that HE wants to pull me forward to victory!
    ~ PRAY for God’s all surpassing knowledge, understanding, power, strength, and love to pour into me to help me make the very next choice a healthy one.
    ~ GIVE THANKS that this is a GRACE PLACE where I can move on from that slip-up.
    SUPER excited to journey into this new week ~ to take #Action and #EatSmart as I #CraveGod :)
    Melissa ~ I LOVE the clapper board ;) Nicki ~ I hope you feel lots better soon and we get to see your beautiful face again :) <3

3. “Rejoice always, Pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thess. 5:16-18

This verse really speaks to me right now. My husband and I have been frustrated with my stepson and some selfishness and overall disrespectful preteen behaviors. We have been getting increasingly overwhelmed by trying to help him see how his behaviors affect our family and helping him recognize his selfishness. Sometimes we get so angered by something he has done and it starts a cycle of frustration that isn’t productive. I read this verse and I realize that we need to keep giving this to God. We need to rejoice that He has a plan for each of our lives, and that He will continue to grow my stepson into the man he created him to be. We need to keep praying always that we can provide the loving home and family dynamic that helps give him an example of selflessness and empathy he needs. We need to pray for the right words to use and the right ways to correct and teach him. And we need to pray for God to soften his heart and to calm our frustrations so we can communicate clearly with him. Finally we need to give thanks for having him in our life, for having the opportunity to pour into his life as often as we do. To give thanks for him, the funny, smart kid that he is and the blessing he can be to our family. Mostly we need to give thanks that we can know that He works all things together for Good, so even when we are frustrated and hurt we can know that with God all things will be okay.

I’m sorry to stray away from the action plan discussion today… But my heart needed to share this struggle.

• Rachel, I am in the same place with my stepson. My husband and I both spend a lot of praying that God would show us where we triggering or playing into his selfishness and then give us wisdom to make better decisions and self-control so that we are responding and handling things appropriately. It’s a process that takes time. I am praying for you and your family.

• Gail Harless says:

Oh, Rachel, this really spoke to my heart. If you do a search on “Gail” in the prayer blog yesterday, you will see the problems that I’m having with my daughter right now. So I won’t repeat everything here. But please know that I am praying for you!

4. Jennifer N ( OBS small group leader) says:

Rachel, thank you so much for sharing your heart this morning that we might pray for you! My son is a preteen as well, and it can be so frustrating and hurtful dealing with this issue. I am praying that God will allow you all to see through His eyes in this season, and fill you His insight and love. God bless!

• Diane W says:

Rachel, Kaydi, and Jennifer, My husband and I went through a trying time with our daughter for a few years. Even though we homeschooled her and raised her in a great Christian church, the world was pulling her and she was questioning our faith at every turn. It was a very hard time for us. A great book to read about pre-teens and teens is called “The Age of Opportunity” by Ted Tripp. The other thing most importantly is prayer. My husband and I had many prayer warriors praying for her. God did a mighty work in her last year and now I am happy to report that God has changed her heart. She spends a lot of time at church volunteering and getting involved in youth groups and even teaches the younger children bible study. A complete turn around. Praise God! She finally saw that the world had nothing to offer her. Sometimes our kids need to fall flat on their faces to see that they need a savior. They need to make our faith, their own. It is really hard to watch them struggle when we know the truth. It can be really frustrating and hurtful. I know I spent many days in tears. But God was faithful. He did work all things for good. I will be praying for wisdom, guidance, and patience for you.

• Gail Harless says:

Oh yes, Diane W, PRAISE GOD!!! \o/\o/ Your post serves as a great reminder for me to get down on my knees in prayer for my daughter every day!

5. I missed the first week of the Bible Study. Is there a link to watching the video from last week??

6. I just have to share this. Yesterday, I was talking to my boyfriend in the car about Corrie Ten Boom. I mentioned that I watched the movie, “The Hiding Place” the other day. There is a scene in the movie where Corrie and her sister have just been brought into the concentration camp. They are forced to live in a room with others. The room is infested with fleas. Corrie’s sister reminded her of 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18. Corrie replied, “I can rejoice always and pray continually but I refuse to give thanks for the fleas.”
    Corrie and her sister had a Bible that had been smuggled into them. They used this Bible to share the Word of God and encourage the others in this awful bug-infested room. One of the lady’s told them that the guards would never come into this room because of the flea’s. Corrie’s sister smiled at her and said, “Corrie…even for the fleas.” In other words, the very thing that Corrie couldn’t see herself thanking God for was the very thing that was protecting them from having their Bible found and confiscated.
    Clearly God can use every circumstance. It is possible to rejoice always, pray continually, and give thanks. I just love how God uses His Word to speak to us. :)

7. “Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” I Thessalonians 5:16-18

I can REJOICE in the truth that I was made to consume food; food was not made to consume me.
    I PRAY for Him to be the portion of whatever I need for the struggle I am facing today in this moment.
    I GIVE THANKS that He uses even my setbacks and failures to help me make a comeback on this journey.

8. Carolyn Fitzpatrick says:

Rejoice always, Pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is Gods will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 NASB version
    Love the Lord with all of my heart, mind and body…pray always for guidance and strength….and praise and give all the glory to God!!

9. Rejoice always—-as a Christian I always have ground for rejoicing. My Lord is a sovereign Ruler and will accomplish His purpose. My joy is not based on circumstances but on a growing awareness of God in all the details of my life and the certainty of eternal life with Him. Help me, Lord to remember this.

Pray continually—means to have an attitude of prayer throughout my day. Going before God with whatever concerns me great or small. Knowing we have not because we ask not. Help me, Lord to go to you and not anyone else.

Give thanks in all circumstances—not giving thanks FOR the circumstance, but IN the circumstance. Even when life seems the darkest, there is always something to be thankful for, ie: God is always with us.
    Help me, Lord, not to forget to look for the things to thank you for when it is hard.

because this is the will of God—ie: Job lost everything but in spite of that he blessed the name of the Lord. Nothing speaks more powerful of my walk with God than continuous thankfulness. Help me Lord, not be a complainer, grumbler, find fault person, but a thankful on in all things.

10. Melissa you are soooo gorgeous!! Your face radiates Jesus! Nicki feel better soon! Love you girls! Thank you for your leadership, prayers and support!

I think if we are going to complain about something on here, we need to post 3 positives for every negative;) Just an idea.

• 3 positives for every negative!!! Great suggestion Sue.
      Nicki I hope you are feeling better soon. Melissa thanks for the introductory video for this week and your upbeat positive attitude. “Action” is a great visual :-)

• Lori Knutson says:

I love that idea. It is too easy to get caught up in the negative things we encounter each day. We are all going through our own challenges and struggles, but we can help lift each other up with prayer and positive messages. Sue, I will take up your challenge. :) If something negative crosses my lips (or my fingers as I type), I will make every effort to follow it right up with three positive words.

11. Absolutely love Melissa’s positive energy. Thank you for the reminded not to get so caught up with exercise and nutrition that I forget to spend time with God and in his word. Before reading the post today, I was reading through Hebrews 4 and it reminded me of the importance of a Sabbath day. I have been pretty good at taking Sabbath moments, hours, but really struggling in a full day. I have been praying about it and trying to minimize my responsibilities/activities so that I have God time. Thanks for your encouragement and looking forward to another week of ACTION.

• Stephanie, your words on a Sabbath day made me stop and think how I spend the Sabbath day. So I took stock of my day today. The morning was full of church and was a beautiful morning. I was busy as it was my Sunday to usher and we had special visitors. When I came home though, I took time (a couple of hours) to sit down and relax with Dr. Oz’s new magazine and watched a good family show on television at the same time. Then I had some housekeeping chores and supper to prepare. But for those couple of hours I was not busy at the many things that need doing during the day. This evening I have taken time to read some of the comments here on the MTC Action Plan OBS. I thank our Lord God for His goodness to us every day.

12. Good morning ladies and especially you, Melissa. I love the words that Stephanie used to describe you – “positive energy”! I love that about you! I love that you are on fire for God and His plan for us to be His healthy children. I find the “clapper” board fun and such a part of your personality. Keep using it – I need reminding to “Take ACTION!”
    Thank you for reminding us to keep God in charge of all of this journey toward healthy living. I liked all the detail work in Week 1 and am looking forward to Week 2′s details. But I need to remember to keep God in the forefront and not get lost in doing. I crave a close walk with Him every day.
    My prayer for this week is: “Lord God, as we sisters in Christ begin our second week following the MTC Action Plan let us not get bogged down in negative thoughts and let us keep our walk NORTH with You in the lead.” Amen

13. “Rejoice always (even when your 10 year old has mouthed off to you for the 47th time, and your 6 year old won’t quit aggravating him, and the 2 year old WILL NOT SIT DOWN while she eats, and the 1 year old is SUPER clingy), give thank in all circumstances (even those that don’t go my way, like when we get a call that we’re having our 16th snow day…will spring EVER come?!?!), for this is God’s will for you (because He is, after all, God…and He sees the big picture, and regardless of ANYTHING, He’s still on the throne!) in Christ Jesus.
    It is possible. Without sounding too Pollyanna, every situation, good or bad, can be looked through the lens of God and no matter what happens, God is still there. Even, if my darkest fears come true,
    God. Is. Still. There
    And that’s something I can rejoice in.

• Thank you Jill!

• Susan Kintzel says:

Made me chuckle, remembering raising five children and having snow days, etc. In fact, your post sounds like my daughter-in-law’s posts on fb. I rejoice with you AND I understand!

• Jill, how my heart goes out to you as I can visualize the chaos going on with a 10, 6, 2, and 1 year old in the house all day and night stuck due to the weather! From my vantage point of having all my children (3) grown with families of their own I can say YOU ARE VERY BLESSED. I thank God for all my memories – even the ones while going through them I thought I would not survive. “Lord God, give Jill those few previous moments when silence reigns and those precious little ones are all asleep and safely tucked into their beds. Then touch her heart, Lord, and let her know how much You love her. Amen”

14. I can rejoice that I am getting good care from my doctors for my blood pressure–despite being down 23 lbs, in 2 months my pressure has kept going up since my cat died a few weeks ago.

But I’m not eating enough and my anxiety is through the roof.

Praying I can settle down enough and rely on God enough to get healthy again–and lose weight in a good way, not due to fear and grief- induced anorexia.

I’d be grateful for prayers –thank you.

• Congratulations for losing 23 pounds! That is terrific! I am sorry to hear about the loss of your furbaby though. They are a special gift from God, we never forget about our babies when they pass they are always in our hearts. Perhaps you need to go get another furbaby to share your love with and it will help your anxieties ease up. No other furbaby replaces ours that we have lost I realize that, but it does help us smile more. God bless.

15. Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. ~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

One thing I have struggled with all my life is giving thanks before eating. I don’t know why, but it has always been something I thought was unnecessary. I have never admitted that before out loud. I think its because all my life I never correlated food with God in any way. After the M2C study that has changed my thinking, so much! My new goal is to thank the Lord for my food before eating it starting today. It would definitely make me think twice before binge eating ever again, talk about embarrassing. I use to think I was alone when I ate like that, but I wasn’t. My prayer: I am sorry God for being a binge eater and putting food in front of You. Please forgive me, in Jesus Name Amen.

• Thank you for your kind words. :)

What a wonderful idea–to ask God to bless and to thank him before we eat, say…. potato chips! Or anything! Yes, it will make us think twice. God bless you in this journey toward health.

Ann

• Gail Harless says:

Love this, Sheri. Thank you!

16. Robbyn R French says:

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

Something I have been trying to put into practice this year is when I am reading my bible and a verse sticks out to me (I keep going back to it or it stops me in my tracks) this verse did that for me. I was not always joyful and my prayers were not always the first thing on my mind. Being thankful was a defintely not. Then I had a sponsor teach about attitude and gratitude. The I stumbled upon this verse (God was in cahoots with my sponsor) which I am thankful for. So I made a turtles progress in this verse. Now in my journal I write people, events and things I am thankful for, I try to be joyful all the time and not let people still that joy but the part I love the most is I walk around talking to God and I thank him for loving me with no strings attached. Life has not been easy but I know that I have God helping me on this journey and I am thankful I am not living in the darkness anymore.

Robbyn

17. 1Thessalonians 5:16-18. Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Whatever happens, give thanks, because it is God’s will in Jesus Christ that you do this.

This is our breath, it is how we stay alive and keep pushing forward in God’s plan for our life. It’s not always easy, but God will honor our efforts when it is hard with His grace.
    Also….verse 12 tells us to show our appreciation to those who work among us and instruct us. Thank you to Melissa and Nikki for leading this study, and to all the people that they lead to help us in our study, too numerous to write here. Thank you for your time, effort, prayers and dedication. God will continue to bless through your efforts.

18. It made me sad for you, Melissa, that someone would tell you something you did in the video annoyed them. You put yourself out there for us every week, and someone always manages to find fault. I want you to know how much I appreciate your spunky and cheerful personality and the creative ways you find to present the information and inspire us. You rock!!

• Gail Harless says:

Amen, Shawna!

• Melissa Taylor says:

Shawna~ Oh my you are sweet but do not worry about me! I thought it was kind of funny. And truthfully, the clapper can get annoying~ You are so sweet to care about how I’m feeling, I really appreciate that.

19. Gail Harless says:

Didn’t like Melissa’s “Action”? Well, just goes to show that we are all different. Nothing will please everybody all of the time. But Melissa, this Jesus Girl is telling you I love your “Actions” and I hope you will keep them coming! Although “OVERRULED” will always rank number one in my heart!

20. Thank you, Melissa, for your love for the Lord! Your face lights up with His beauty and joy!!!! Remember this. 1 Samuel 8:7 says, And the Lord told him (Samuel), “Listen to all that the people are saying to you; it is NOT YOU they have rejected, but Me as their King.” So with that comment that hurt your feelings, please know that you and Nikki are right where you’re supposed to be, doing what He wants you to do! Being funny, sweet, enthusiastic, and precious to the rest of us!!! So, forgive and release our sister, and go ahead, take ACTION in Jesus’ Holy Name!!! :) Love you both! And THANK YOU FOR THIS STUDY!!

21. Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.~ Thessalonians 5:16-18

I find myself rejoicing. Especially since it is spring break and I have a week off work. I am a Licenced specialist of school psychology of intern and the last month has been hectic. Children today are products of our society and unfortunately society is trying to push God out. I find myself rejoicing in the midst of my pain, not only is God using me he is also refining me. The lady above with the step son. I want to share one of my testimonies with you.

Children from divorce are grieving. As an adult it may take many years to deal with the loss of a relationship and we have adult coping skills. Children on the other hand do not have those coping skills and the developmental level adds a few other elements to the equation. I came into my second marriage with two children and my husband had three. It was not easy. It was very painful, but I remember the day there was a break through, my step son who was 14 at the time looked at me and acknowledged the difference in his father when he was seeking The Lord. He also asked and acknowledged the prayers I played over all of them, including there mother which brings me to the second principal.

Prayer. Pray continually. It does not have to be some long wordy prayer. It can be a simple cry out for Jesus to help. He already knows the circumstance. He just wants us to go to him for it. Only He can restore and heal hearts. We are called to love. And unfortunately the ones easiest to love are not the one God specifically calls us for. It hurts to be a step parent. Get over the part of not feeling as loved as the biological parent. Put God first, chose you spouse next and together you focus on the child. Teenage years are difficult without broken families. I pray for families. I pray for wounded ness. I pray for awakenings.

And give thanks. I give thanks that The Lord loves me enough to be the one that helps influence others lives when I live by his word. I am thankful this bible study. And truly if we implement this one scripture we can be assured we are right in God’s will.

It is a new day. May we all find joy even in the pain. If we have a thankful , joyful heart there will not be room for anger and bitterness.

22. Gail Harless says:

I love our verse of the week. My small group members know that I have been going through great trials and family difficulties since the beginning of MTC. Sometimes, I have a total pity party for the rest of the day but I am okay when I wake up the next morning. But in my best moments, praise the Lord \o/, I am able to focus on why I am thankful even in the midst of my hardships. Sometimes I’m able to say to myself, “Gail, just think how much closer you are to God than you would have been without all of these difficulties.” Those are my best moments!

23. 1Thessalonians 5:16-18. Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Whatever happens, give thanks because it is God’s will in Jesus Christ that you do this.

For me this verse means I am expected to communicate with God constantly. God wants me to come to Him with EVERYTHING – good and bad! I find comfort knowing that I have a Father who will ALWAYS be listening. He isn’t rolling His eyes when He hears my voice. So this week I commit to rejoicing and praying no matter what comes my way. Nikki I pray you feel better – you were missed today and Melissa, thank you for all you do. Both of you are so appreciated. God Bless!!!

24. Diane W says:

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances: for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
    1 Thessalonians 5:16-18.
    It can be really hard to remember to rejoice always when life seems to be closing in on you from all sides. Many of us tend to complain and focus on our troubles instead of keeping our focus on God. It’s hard to give thanks when you are going through hardships and trials. But what I have realized is this: When we surrender our troubles to God and pray about our circumstances, keeping our eyes on Jesus instead of our troubles, somehow things work themselves out in ways we could never imagine. I experienced this first hand. I have to keep reminding myself of this, since I was raised in a family of complainers. I need to keep my eyes fixed on Jesus when I am going through trials. He is molding me. I will always come through the trials stronger. Thank you Jesus! I am learning through this study to turn to the truth of the Bible for all circumstances. He is my portion for anything I am going through.

• Johanna (OBS Small Group 36) says:

Diane,
      That is such a great truth for you (and all of us) to realize. I used to be such a worrier. I worried about money, my daughters, and a lot of other things I could not control. Then I started to build my relationship with God and I have had a new motto for about seven years now…”Let go and Let God.” When I feel myself start to worry about something, I think of this and then turn to His word to help me through it. Is it always easy? As I’m sure you know, it is not. But knowing God is ALWAYS there is a tremendous help, and the only thing that stops the worrying.
      I love how you said you keep your eyes fixed on Jesus! What a great way to live your life!
      God Bless,
      ~Johanna

25. This verse really helped my heart this morning….
    As of yesterday, I had another miscarriage… and emotionally we knew it was the last time we were going to try…. so we had decided as a couple to try and give it our all until we either A. had another beautiful baby or B. had another loss. Either way we were going to be thankful for our blessings…

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.~ Thessalonians 5:16-18 -

I love that… “IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES” …. because this is Gods will for ME!

God is with me… and let me just say…. my five year old has been a godsend with my emotions…. he has helped me more than he ever knowS! <3

NICKI — Im so sorry you are sick …. FEEL BETTER GIRL! I have a yucky cold/cough right now! too! So I hope you get better ASAP

MELISSA- YOU JUST WHACK that action thingy some more! REJOICE in it …. ;)

• Amy, my heart is with you this morning, because I had two miscarriages, one in 1993 and one in 1994, and then had our second son in February of 1996. I’m an older Mom, so the doctors thought that was the problem. I feel led to tell you, though, that I just learned about the MTHFR gene mutation, which our younger son actually has two different copies of, and having this gene mutation can lead to miscarriage. There’s a website: http://www.MTHFR.net, which is hosted by an expert; I believe his name is Dr. Jim Lynch (I could be wrong about his name, because it’s been a couple of months since I’ve gone to the website). I understand the part about “this will be the last time we try” because that’s where we were when I was pregnant with our now 18-year old son. So I’ll understand if this message isn’t well-received.

Please know that I am praying for your comfort,

Carol

• Amy, my heart aches with you – ;for me it is in remembrance of those lost children – wanted so much but not destined for this world. God can and will heal this hurt.

• Melissa Taylor says:

Amy,
      I’m so sorry about your miscarriage. Your attitude and trust of the Lord is something we all can learn from. Praying for comfort and healing for you and your husband. Praying you feel God in a big way this week.

Thank you for sharing with us, not only your pain in this, but also your triumph. Rejoicing in all circumstances isn’t easy, yet you are choosing it. God bless you! I’m praying for you.
      Love,
      Melissa

• Roberta says:

Just said a prayer for you, friend, that God would heal your wounded heart. So, so sorry for your loss of the child you loved.

• Roberta says:

I’m a pretty happy Jesus-girl so rejoicing always is right up my alley. Praying continually…..I learned that as the mother of two little rambunctious boys (There’s no time for a looong prayer session. You gotta pray short prayers throughout the day!) Giving thanks in my circumstances is my weak spot. I know that God allows hard times to grow my faith, test my obedience, and to discipline my rebelliousness. I just need to thank Him that He cares enough about me to put me in whatever circumstance I am in. Someone above mentioned Corrie ten Boom and how her sister reminded her of this verse. They were thankful for the fleas that bit them and made them miserable because those fleas kept the guards out of the barracks and allowed the sisters to teach God’s Word and God’s love to the other prisoners! I love that! I want to be thankful like that!
      Thank you OBS staff for all your hard work in preparing all the materials for us. We TRULY appreciate it! Melissa and Nicki, keep up the wonderful videos. I love your energy and your encouragement. Mostly I love how you love Jesus and how you are REAL with us!

26. Melissa, I couldn’t help it, when you said to ask ourselves if our food choice would honor God, the thought that popped into my head was “Well, if God likes chocolate it would be honoring Him.” I don’t mean to be disrespectful or facetious, but it is SO hard sometimes to make the right, or better, choice!! Sometimes I’m successful, bu there are others when I am not. But I keep trying!

27. Melissa,
    Cant believe someone said something about your action thing! I love it and I love you energy! Keep it up!

28. Love the verse for the week…. It is sooooo easy to get bogged down in life and forget to pray, and be negative and loose sight of being thankful. Thank God for P31 and all their cheery, empowered, enthusiastic women who lead us in these studies so that we can battle the ways of this world. Melissa – you rock and are a phenomenal teacher!!!! Don’t change your ways and methods!!! And Nikki is amazing too with a smile that never fades and a heart of passion. Hoping she is feeling better! I am forever thankful for and blessed by P31!

29. Melissa,
    First of all I LOVE your ACTION CLICKER!!! You should use it in all the OBS because we need ACTION to get into God’s Word.
    I am so thankful for you and Nicki. You bring such fun and enjoyment to OBS. I am also thankful for so many choices of fruit. I pray for all the OBS participants and I pray especially for the OBS team. I am rejoicing over God’s Word and His promises—-which are all true! I am so joyful that I am empowered to make healthy choices and eat to the Glory of God. I am so joyful for OBS because it studies God Word in our every day lives right now, today! I am joyful and thankful that I am a child of God. A Princess!!
    I love you all! ACTION!!!

30. Kristin T says:

Rejoice Always. Pray without ceasing. In all circumstances give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.

Rejoice always- not sometimes, not only when you feel like it, not when things go as you planned, but ALWAYS. God doesn’t ask us to, He commands us to rejoice.

Pray without ceasing- never stop sharing your heart, thoughts, and desires with our Lord. Our prayers don’t have to be long, eloquent monologues, rather they can be simple, short, phrases directed to our Heavenly Father who stands by waiting to hear from you.

In ALL circumstances give thanks– Because our awesome mighty God goes before us in every single happening of our lives, we are instructed to thank HIM that his ways are higher than our ways, and that he works all things together for our good. We must give him thanks and gratitude for His abundant love and for His perfect will in our lives.

Be encouraged my friends, God loves us and only wants His best for our lives.

31. Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. Thessalonians 5:16-18.
    I had 2 situations last evening that I was upset about, and prayed about them, and they were both still on my mind this morning. So before getting up, I prayed and prayed and then as I was getting breakfast ready I used the essential oil of Bergamot, which can be helpful in relieving symptoms of depression. Somewhere in that space I became reassured that I’m right where God wants me to be, doing what I’m doing, and of course, felt even more buoyed up by Melissa’s message and video this morning. I think I can live this verse by first praying continually, which then leads me to know that I am living God’s will, for which I can give thanks and rejoice.

Also, I had right knee issues this week, which prevented me from exercising Thursday and Friday, though on Friday I did knee strengthening exercise instead. When I finally got back to doing Leslie Sansone’s 2-mile walking video yesterday (with a knee brace on my right knee, which I had spotted at the back of my closet on Friday, thank you Jesus), I surprised myself over and over again because I kept finding myself saying: “Thank you, Jesus, thank you Jesus”. I was thanking the Lord for getting me back to exercising, His way.
    It’s a process, and we might not start out by rejoicing or giving thanks, but after praying continually, which may then reveal that we are dong God’s will, hopefully the rejoicing and giving thanks will follow.

Blessings to all of you today,

Carol

32. “Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” ~ Thessalonians 5:16-18

– To be content in all situations is an unusual thing in our society. We are very self-absorbed people and when something doesn’t go our way, we complain. Ideally, we will emulate Paul, and find our joy in Christ, not our circumstances. (Philippians 4:11)
    – To continually be in prayer throughout our day is a learned behavior. Without a regular time to focus on our Lord daily, we tend to get wrapped up in ourselves and what is happening around us. In order to be immersed in Christ 24/7, we need to allow Spirit to take control of our lives. This involves letting go of our will and regularly refocusing on where God wants our minds to dwell. As Christians, He lives within us, so all it takes is to ask! (James 1:5)
    – Gratitude comes from trust that our Lord is looking after us, and faith that He knows what’s best in all circumstances. When life is unpleasant, or tragedy strikes, to be grateful FOR the event is implausible. God asks us to be thankful IN the predicament. We can rejoice that He is with us, and that He understands our pain. We can draw on His peace that lives within us. (Philippians 4:7) The Serenity Prayer is appropriate at these times: “Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change… accepting hardship as a pathway to peace… trusting that You will make all things right if I surrender to Your will.”

33. I will rejoice always. I will pray continually. I will give thanks in all circumstances. For this is God’s will for me in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
    Wow! What a sweet reminder and goal. I had to miss church today because I am sick :( BUT, I do not dismay, because my Jesus is still on the throne and in control and He has good plans for me :)

34. Rebecca in FL says:

This verse is the heart of the matter for me. Pray through my cravings, turn them to Him. Thank God I’m lonely because it reminds me that God is right there with me. Thank God I’m frustrated because God has a good plan for me in this and He has already gone before me and taken care of the details. Thank God that I am in need financially because I will get to see Him show up and provide for me. Thank God I’m happy and want to celebrate because God loves a good celebration. My goal in this journey is to do just this, thank God in all circumstances, rejoice always and pray continually so that I quit using food or anything else to meet those needs. Only our loving God can do this, and I for one am grateful to have such a constant thing in my life (food) to continually remind me to my hope in the One worth hoping in!

PS – I had read the comment about the clicker and thought the same thing Melissa expressed. Hurting people hurt people… Definitely not a beneficial comment, but thankfully just one among a sea of positives. Thank you, Melissa, for reading our comments and showing us this is a very personal Bible study – it is such a blessing in my life.

• Melissa Taylor says:

Rebecca~
      You are welcome! I love reading your comments and being a part of this study as much as leading it. I’m rejoicing that you are getting a lot out of this study, praying to God to continue to speak to us through His Word in these studies, and overcome with joy to have an OBS sister like you!
      ***I really am not upset about the Action clicker. And I know I can be a little loud and excited, it hurt my feelings at 1st, but it doesn’t bother me in the least. I thought it was kind of funny.

• just wanted to say that your comment helped me….
      Thanking God for the so-called problems in our lives because they remind us that He is there and is the answer. This was a great reminder to me. It was just the right thing at the right time! Love when God brings people together in unexpected ways to give us the information/answers/help we need!

35. Nicki get well soon. We miss your smiling face and warm personality. Melissa just keep being yourself. I can’t wait to wake up in the morning and listen to the message you ladies have for us each day. Some mornings I am sure I wake up the household with my laughter from listening to you girls. You definitely keep things upbeat and positive. Finally things are coming together for me through this action plan. Always such great information. Can’t wait to see what you have in store for us next!

36. Nikki is in my prayers. I am excited because this whole concept is spilling over into the rest of my life!! I have tried to put God first, this, has really made me do so. Thank you. Without God, nothing matters, with God ALL is possible. (I know, you have heard this before.) I am going grocery shopping in a little while and I will purchase more fish and fiber :). I will also purchase lots of spices to cover up the fishy taste. Again, thank you for doing this Bible Study.

37. Sounds like a plan! I am focusing on making better food choices!

38. Love the action board! Love the presentation!

39. Love our verse for this week! My plan is to post it on mirrors throughout my house and on my fridge and desk at work for constant reminders of God’s ultimate plan for me! My biggest challenge with this verse is to learn to rejoice and be thankful even is low moments. Ultimately, aren’t these mt learning experiences God has provided for me? I SHOULD be grateful for learning from my setbacks. Love and hugs to all the ladies taking part in this journey. I would love to take any prayer requests from anyone in the group. I need to put into #action my praying habits daily!

40. Kimberly says:

These words I will focus on this week(s) to come. I will try to take a step back in all situations and repeat them, rejoice pray, & give thanks. I’m excited to start our new week, to continue working on last week, while we move forward together into our new learning. Nikki, we missed you, pray you feel better soon!

41. Natalie Malec says:

Precious Melissa, I just wanted to tell you I’m sorry someone was annoyed by your action board but I absolutely love your enthusiasm and excitement. I have struggled throughout this process with not having someone to walk alongside me through this process. A sweet prayer warrior commented to be praying for that person. I was just praying about that again before I started this video and as I was watching it I realized how much of an encouragement you have been. Your sweet smile is infectious and your encouragement makes me want to keep pressing forward. Thank you. I hope you have a blessed day!!

• Melissa Taylor says:

Natalie~
      Thank you so much. You are a blessing to us in this study. Thank you for your kind words. I thank God that you have found encouragement in anything we are doing here. Big blessings to you!

42. Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.~ Thessalonians 5:16-18
    I always find a reason to rejoice when I seek God first. Being in his Word calms me and directs me, that is a reason to rejoice. I pray continually when I seek God first. I am watching for Him and my conversation with Him continues throughout the day. I thank God when I seek Him first. Even in the hardest times of my life, I have been able to find something to thank Him for. I saw His provision when my parents passed away, even now as my daughter is struggling with visitaion issues with my infant grandaughter’s father. It is HARD but God is good all the time and I am thankful that He always draws me to Himself. I have to seek Him first and all these things will be added unto me. I am so thankful for this study because He drew me here through the “diet” but my spitual condition was the real problem(typing through tears) Thank you sweet Jesus for my struggle with food so that now I can rejoice for it is well with my soul!

43. The verse for week 2 is: Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. ~Thessalonians 5: 16-18

I need to see the positive in everything, pray frequently throughout the day, and thank God in all circumstances. I think this is possible, but it will take effort on my part to change my thought patterns. I tend to be negative, but have been working on being more optimistic lately.

44. Susan Linn says:

I always enjoy Melissa’s videos. I feel like I am visiting with a friend that understands my struggles with weight. I love the insights and so agree with a lot of the things she says. She makes it fun and informative at the same time. I’m learning a lot and I’m amazed at the changes I’m experiencing. I can’t wait to start on week 2!

45. Audree Lyles says:

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
    Well, one thing I am is joyful! So much so that people think I’m strange sometimes! I toss up prayers all the time…of thanks, of intercession, for help—whatever the situation calls for.
    I mentioned before that I had a couple days of setbacks…make it 3 now! But I am THANKFUL for those setbacks! Because they reminded me that eating certain foods is really bad for my system!!!! I literally have to give up tortilla chips because my stomach just doesn’t feel good when I eat them!!! I don’t know what it is! I never used to have this problem! But the past couple years, I have experienced a certain pain when I eat them! And the past 3 days I had the pain. Well, I’m thankful for that pain because I know FOR SURE, without a doubt, that this food is NOT GOOD for me!!! And now, I can leave this food product behind without mourning! In fact, I know I’ve prayed in the past for God to make me sick when I eat bad foods. Well….I guess He answered my prayer!!! And I rejoice over that!!!
    I just want to add that I really like the idea of praying for the person above and below us in our comments!

46. Audree Lyles says:

P.S. I LOVE the “ACTION” and the snap of the action thingy!!! ;D Oh, and I hope and pray for Nicki (Nikki?) to get well QUICK!!! We MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!

47. Thessalonians 5:16-18 This verse is how I try to live my life always. I get this trait from my father, he always saw the good in everything. He was an eternal optimist. I thank God every day for giving me this life I have, my family, my beautiful daughter, and just letting me wake up each and every day. I live in a beautiful part of our country and every morning I wake up to God’s blessings around me and I Thank Him for that. God is So good To Me!!!!

48. Jennifer Gearheart says:

Love this verse!! I will rejoice, pray and give thanks to God in all my circumstances today and everyday!

Melissa, I just love your encouragement and how positive you are!! By the way, I love the clapper. I think I need to find one!! :)
    Nikki, hope you feel better soon!! Praying for you!

49. Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Th 5:16-18.
    REJOICE: I’m rejoicing right now because I love this week’s verse. I rejoice in God’s love for me, that you all pray for all of us and because of my supportive OBS Group 78. These ladies rock and we have the best leader, Miss Jenny!
    PRAY: My prayers are going up for my teammates in my group, the OBS leaders and for myself. I’m praying for God to help me this week to make healthy choices and to crave Him more than cookies and potato chips. When I break it down like that it sounds crazy that I would choose a bag of chips over the God of the Universe, you know what I mean? I’m really praying that EACH time I have to make that choice I get it and the implications of it.
    GIVE THANKS: I am so thankful for this ministry. I’m so thankful for God’s love for me, even when I don’t choose Him. I’m thankful I live in a country where food is in abundance and I get to make healthy choices. I’m thankful I have money to buy food. I’m thankful for Melissa and Nicky because you make this fun and I look forward to your videos. I esp. loved “Overruled.” And I love “Action”, too. :) I’m thankful for Lysa and Dr. Ski for their knowledge and for teaching me about how to be healthier. I’ve never had a bible study affect me this much and I’m grateful for everyone who is a part of my journey.

50. Week two and I have to share, I just LOVE the added fiber and water to my diet. I have much to lose, and have been up and down the scale numerous times (sometimes weighing myself 4 times a day~~). This time, it is about making smarter choices, #EatSmart, and going to God first. Big success for me – I am a movie popcorn person. Yes, I’ve been known to go to the movies for the food, not the event (so identified with that part of Made to Crave). Yesterday, went to the movies. Brought my air-popped popcorn (lots of fiber) with no added butter or oils. WOW – what a difference. I felt better all the way around! As I write this, I’m chomping on some homemade whole wheat tortilla chips – whole wheat tortillas have some great fiber – just spray with Pam and sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning – yum and fiber filled. Here we go ladies – #Action, #EatSmart, #CraveGod!!

51. Teresa Wood says:

Thank you Melissa, and Nicki I hope you are feeling better quickly.
    Today was a first for me, in that I went to church and my Pastor’s wife came up to me and said, “You’re really losing weight.” I told her I was just craving God more than anything else. I have been hoping that I am changing on the inside, but thankful that I am changing on the outside too!

52. Susan Kintzel says:

1 Thess. 5:16-17 Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live. (The Message)
    This week, my goal is two-fold: 1) Let the Holy Spirit lead me in paths of righteousness – right down to the food I choose to eat, and 2) Embrace and celebrate each time I am tempted to stray from that path, knowing that God gives a way of escape EVERY time.
    Melissa, I appreciate your sweet spirit and youthful enthusiasm so much and I am one of those over-sixty ladies who laughed every time you said ACTION and snapped that little action sign. The spirit of fun you bring to this study is a jewel to me. I need Jesus girls like you to remind me that life can be silly and serious together, kind of like a Sour Patch Kid (candy)- the strictures of God’s word can pucker you up with a sour face but then the sweetness kicks in and ahhhh, it’s delectable grace.

53. Nicole Mazzei says:

I think that the ALL circumstances part is the thing I need to focus on. It’s incredibly easy for me to praise, thanks and rejoice with God for the things I enjoy and want for my life, but when it gets to the things that are tough growing opportunities, that’s where the true challenge starts to praise and not pout. I think the best way for me to do that is to let go of MY plan and tendency to control, and embrace God’s perfect plan for me and surrender my life to Him. When I choose to see God in the hardest aspects and even try and find joy, the load suddenly becomes lighter. I do that best when I really bury myself in God’s word. I love when Melissa advises us to “Never lose sight of what is important” (I actually wrote it on a post-it and put it in my book). I really want to take a second and praise God, OBS, and Group 28 for the inner transformation I really feel has been going on in my heart since starting this journey with you ladies. I just really feel myself slowly but surely dropping SO MUCH emotional baggage that I have been lugging around and have been carrying myself with such joy. This journey for me was never about losing physical weight, but I never anticipated all the emotional weight that I would be losing. It’s amazing and I love and thank each and every one of you for the role this sisterhood has played in it.

54. Melissa, YOU ARE GLOWING in this video. God must be doing a marvelous work in you…..I can physically see you changing! That is so exciting. I want you to know that I often pray for you and Nikki……that your journeys are as fruitful as you pray they are. You are SUCH an inspiration to this whole community….your enthusiasm, your faith, your knowledge, and even your spontaneity! I appreciate what you are trying to do for all of us to keep us motivated and chugging along on our own journeys. THANK YOU, thank you….for being you. God made you who you are………a very special child of the king! God bless you all!

• Melissa Taylor says:

Deana~
      Thank you. As I read your comment, I teared up a bit. Thank you for praying for me and Nicki. It means a lot and we can feel it. We need prayers that’s for sure, we get discouraged just like anyone else here. It’s very special to me ~ all that you wrote here. Thank you :)

55. I confess that I have not always follow God’s will. It saddens me to know I have missed blessings because of my disobedience.
    So, I repent.
    I will rejoice over having to start a food diary again because I know that through that diary God is speaking to me about each one of my food choices: “It’s permissible, but is it beneficial?”
    I will pray continually for God to give me boldness, comfort, and wisdom to carry out this food diary.
    And I will give thanks in all circumstances, even when I don’t get my way.
    “Thank you Lord for loving me so much that you want the best for me, even when I don’t.”

• Kelly Smith says:

Carla, you sound so beaten down, yes we need to turn from our sin and repent but know that you ARE FORGIVEN you are covered in Grace and God no longer sees it and you have to let it go, you aren’t supposed to club yourself with it anymore. Dont use it as a beating stick! We can hold that up as a hindrance before God too, I know that one myself. But like the video said, a setback is just a setup to comeback. In the big picture of all your life, is the mistake you ate or didn’t exercise or record in your journal, whatever really that BIG? wherever you’re at do your best for that day and give yourself permission to make mistakes and to just do the best you can each day…. and ask God to do it for you. That’s what really changed it for me. About a year ago one day I just said God, please take my body, and this weight and all of it… and He did, for some reason, food just kind of became a non issue to me… and I am a woman who went into the first weight hospital at 16– 24 yrs ago, and my highest weight was 400lbs. I’ve even done the gastric bypass. But, today, I just crave God. I will keep you in my prayers,
      Blessings
      Kelly Smith #58

56. Candace says:

You guys ARE AwESOmE!! Keep up the good work ladies!! I have to say out of all the inspirational things on Facebook you guys are the best!! I learn every single day from y’all!! You guys reaffirm what I believe in scriptures and I appreciate that!! I think the action thing you do is cute!! Don’t get discouraged sisters!!

57. Bonnie Johnson says:

Melissa, I think your “action” board was very cleaver…and got the point across!

58. Last week Karen Ehman sent out The Reverse Lent Challenge wherein we are to Jot a Note every day during Lent; Grab a phone and call someone to let them know how glad we are that they are in our lives; Lighten a Load – look for ways that you can lighten someone else’s load; Help a Stranger – while out and about and finally Serve a Servant – share your appreciation for those that serve you in some capacity. By the time I got those things done I found that I was prayed up for the day,had rejoiced and I had a list of things/people for which to be thankful. I’m planning on doing it again this week. I think it has helped me more than others. I am so much more aware of blessings the abound all around me just waiting for me to appreciate.

59. Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.~ Thessalonians 5:16-18

Such a great verse! For me it is a wonderful reminder to stay positive and focused on God’s perfect will for me, including Him in all my thoughts and decisions, even those about exercise and food. They seem so “every day” and “easy” but they are not. Especially with so many good choices out there to decide from – like you say, Melissa, discovering which particular one or way is right for me personally. Can’t wait to get started on this week! Thank you for all you do and your wonderful upbeat sense of humor!

60. The Message Bible puts it like this. 1 Thessalonians 5:16 -18. Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Jesus to live.

The word is straight forward here. We are to lay aside our pride, anger, unforgiveness, worries and troubles and be cheerful. Our God wants us to be happy, not because our circumstances are great and we have no worries, but because He loves us no matter what. Our joy is from His Spirit.

Pray continually because then He can intervene for us. Jesus responds to our asking. We should always be praising and asking for God to be continually present. In a fallen world the only way to be happy and joy filled is to pray for it. As soon as I feel myself giving into my circumstances I must pray to keep the Spirit active and alive and shining through me to those around me.

Nicki I pray you are better soon and back with Melissa. Melissa girl you ROCK. You give me such inspiration through your joy and excitement. Keep on challenging and encouraging any and every way you can. Love the action clacker by the way, it is a great visual to remind us of our plan. Blessings girls!! Love you both.

61. Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is Gods will for you in Christ Jesus- Thessalonians 5:16-18.
    REJOICE ALWAYS – I don’t do this consistently and know I need to in all circumstances.
    PRAY CONTINUALLY – I pray, but not continually, however I have been praying more throughout the day, since I started M2C. I am not only praying about good choices in food but also good choices in other areas of my life.
    GIVE THANKS – Of course I need to do a lot more of this as well, however I have found during the course of last week I am giving thanks for this study and all the women associated with it. I am giving thanks for the people and circumstances in my life. And I am giving thanks for my meal and thanking him for not letting me eat to much.
    I just realized in the writing of this that God has worked in my life, which is a question in the start of Chapter 2. I just wrote 2 hours ago that I know God is with me, but I don’t know how. AMAZING GRACE! WOW!
    Loved your shining face this morning Melissa, thoughts and prayers go out for Nicki, hope you feel better. I will pray for those who have to be Debbie Downers and nit pick during the course of this study. Loved the Verse and the Word for the week. This study actually wants me to start memorizing again.
    I do have a question, if anyone can answer, I would like to have access to answers to some questions asked during the call session, (i.e. What 5 things not to eat at dinner. And why is it that cooked broccoli has fiber when cooked but not when it is eaten raw.) I found this out last night, and it was a real disappointment to me because I love raw and eat it all the time, but don’t really care for cooked.
    In closing I would like to thank all of you for your posts and the words associated with them, they are inspiring and sometimes I truly wish I had the time to reply to everyone. Looking forward to getting started on week 2. Pray I don’t get disappointed and discouraged.

62. Rebecca says:

“Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Jesus Christ”~Thessalonians 5:16-18.
    This verse is a great reminder to stay focused on God. I will admit that it is hard sometimes to give thanks in all circumstances, especially for me lately as I have been stressed with trying to get a full-time job and have not been getting as much work Substitute Teaching lately, but I will rejoice that I am in a better place spirirtually and emotionally then I had been this past spring and summer so I can say that God is good in that aspect and know he will provide no matter what. Melissa I love your personality and the way you and Nikki are leading this bible study despite some rude comments and controversy. Nikki hope you feel better soon too! :)

63. Tiffany says:

Today, as I was reading one of my daily devotions, one of the focus verses was also 1 Thes. 5:16-18. It is so awesome how things work together like that. My devotion was talking about thanking God when there is a need. Its often easy to thank God when there is plenty, but when there is an actual need we tend to ask in a different way. This just made me think of my own life. When I need something, I tend to ask with strings attached. I don’t want to be like that. I want this verse to be my mantra. When people think of Tiffany, I want to be thought of as joyful, thankful and in God’s will. I have wrote the verse on a few post-it’s and hung them up around my house.

64. Nicki, get well quick! We miss you! Most days, when I wake up, the first thing I try to remember to to is to say, ” This is the day that the LORD has made, I WILL rejoice and be glad in it. Some days, that is hard to do; either because of the pain I’m in or when satan sneaks up on me with a bout of depression. I pray a lot! The Bible study helps, and when I can pray for others, it helps me to take my mind off of self and put it where it needs to be. I am SO grateful for Proverbs 31 OBS/ Ministries! You Rock! Because your foundation is built on THE rock who is Christ!

65. Stephanie Patterson says:

This week’s verse is very powerful and exactly what I needed at this time in my life. I am rejoicing that God is with me during this struggle, and that He showing me the way to win this battle. I will pray continually for strength through this struggle and for guidance in my life, in general. I am giving thanks to God during this struggle because I am growing closer to Him than I ever thought possible. I am learning to life with more faith and trust in Him. Praise God for bringing me to this study!

66. Jenny Giertz says:

What a wonderful encouraging video!! You don’t know how much it makes my heart glad to see your happy face Melissa, and I do hope Nikki feels better soon to join you again. And please don’t stop that clapper board! It makes me smile!!! Yes! ACTION!!! Thank you for the summary for this coming week and the reminder to always put God 1st, even before our study and our choices and everything else… and to remember when I do make my food choices, to stop and think “am I honoring God in what I am eating” – that is so important. I think if I do that, it will make my healthy choices even better, knowing God is honored even by what I put in my mouth. I am ready for a good week starting with our next chapter. Such a good study.
    “Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus” Thessalonians 5:16-18. I love this verse – for I know I can rejoice even when I feel down and nothing is going right, as well as when things are going good. I can cling to God’s truth and His love and rejoice because I am His treasured daughter, and He will never forsake me. I can give thanks in all circumstances, even when things go wrong because I know He is Sovereign and doesn’t allow anything to happen without His willing it to. And I can trust in Him to see me through whatever comes my way, for yes, this is His will and He is above all else on earth, and in my life. He knows what I need even when I don’t and He knows what is best for me, even when I want something else. He is my Father who loves me, and I love Him and trust in Him. He has showed this in my life and all I need to do is remember all the blessings He has given in the past, and I know He is faithful. Such a wonderful verse for this week. I pray encouragement for all the women who are a part of this study, and that many of us will draw closer to Him this week as we make our way through this next chapter in our Made to Crave study. Blessings!

67. Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.~ Thessalonians 5:16-18. I rejoice everyday when I get to hear your video or read your inspiring words. I pray that I will continue being encouraged by what you have to say to us. I give thanks to you, Mellissa, and Nikki for all you are doing for us! It is God’s will that I found this wonderful bible study ( and the previous M2C study). He knows that this is what I really need to control my eating and focus more on Him. I love your comment that I should question what I put in my mouth and whether it is pleasing to God. Thanks for all you do :)

68. Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.~ Thessalonians 5:16-18
    I can rejoice and give thanks always for everything The Lord is doing in my life. Good and not so good, because He has a reason. Pray a small prayer before doing anything. Even just saying Jesus help me.

69. Jennie Lovie says:

Ladies, I am once again overwhelmed by God’s goodness. He was preparing me for this week’s study, last week, and I didn’t even know it. 1Thess.5:16-18 was my second graders memory verse last week. We spoke about it all week long, and then one Friday, I heard it 25 times as each student spoke it to me….God is so awesome!!! I am excited to be “joyful always, and pray continually” This week I pray that I will continue to #EatSmart and honor God! (Nikki, feel better soon!!!)

70. Also, thank you Melissa & Nikki for all that you do. You are blessed beyond belief, in my opinion, to lead all these studies & put yourselves on display. Thanks also to the rest of proverbs31. Love too all of you!

71. Thank you Melissa for what you said in today’s video: Is this choice honoring God? That is exactly what I needed to hear. I even made a new fridge sign out of it. :-)

72. Cheryl Turman says:

I really enjoyed Melissa’s video and clapper!! I liked how she shared that in our action plan we can pick and choose what works for you. We are all different. But we can’t do that with God’s word. The verse this week really speaks to me about that. I’ve prayed and thanked Him but not really been joyful always in this process. This journey has been hard but I’ve been blessed too. I’ve lost 10 pounds so far, but most important is that I’ve put God first!

73. Thessalonians 5:16-18
    “Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you.”

I can rejoice always by finding something in every circumstance to be joyful about. An example of this is how even in the midst of my abusive marriage I was full of joy and wonder as I cared for my children.

I can pray continually by talking to God all day long as I go through my day – which I do most days.

I can give thanks in all circumstances by finding something to be thankful for no matter what happens. An example of this is this past December when I got pregnant against all odds (my husband had a vasectomy 2 1/2 years ago). I miscarried a few weeks later, but was able to praise God for answering the prayer of my heart and letting me spend a few precious weeks pregnant with my sweet husband’s baby.

74. Valerie J. says:

The first week was great! I can do this! Looking forward to week two.

75. “Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” ~ Thessalonians 5:16-18

I’m rejoicing in the fact that we don’t have to worry about not having food, and when I think of food in the fact that others aren’t as lucky as I am and are starving and so malnourished, well, it stops me in my tracks. I am rejoicing over the bounty God supplies me with. And have finally realized what a blessing an endless supply of food truly is.

I pray for God’s mercy and forgiveness in abusing this bounty and taking more than what God wants for me. But I also give thanks for these lessons because through the Made to Crave study, and now the Action Plan, I’m learning how to use God’s gifts to obtain full nourishment. I never have to worry about being hungry…in a physical or spiritual sense.

And I believe that is God’s will…that no one shall ever go hungry.

76. My study guide book still has not arrived. That tracking info says it should arrive by Tuesday. Is there any way I can get a copy of week 2 emailed to me? Is it online somewhere? I’m already an entire week behind and I am really wanting to get started! :)

77. Nicole Leposki says:

Thank you Melissa! Great verse, and you look great! Looking forward to #eatsmart and #craveGod

78. Marcia Glase says:

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.~ 1Thessalonians 5:16-18. I love this verse! Before I read today’s post I was talking to God about my stomach issues and asking Him if it was okay if I prayed about it this week. And then this weeks scripture was here. I have so much to be thankful for. As Priscilla Shirer says…beyond beyond thankful!!

79. “Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5.16-18

What does that look like in my life? It’s thanking God for life the minute I open my eyes in the morning. It’s taking joy in and thanking him for the body he’s given me…especially during those moments when I’m out for a run and can feel my heart beat in time with my feet hitting the pavement and when it does something it couldn’t do two weeks ago. It’s praying/conversing without throughout my day and not just during my devotional time in the morning or before meals. It’s all of those things and more!

Is this possible? Not by my willpower alone…no. By God’s strength? Definitely.

80. The verse I picked out for my study is Esther 4:16. When Esther had a problem, she did not binge on chocolate like I do! She fasted and turned to God for help. I have been such a food addict when it comes to my personal problems. I alter my state with food burst have no solution. I am not going to be doing a fast, but Esther shows me I need to cut out the stupid food choices and ask God for help.

81. We’re supposed to share a pic of a theme verse and so I put it here as I have an iPad and don’t know how to get the pic to show.

82. Julie Reid says:

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1Thessalonians 5:16-18.
    I have been REJOICING always for God leading me to the MTC study exactly when I needed it. I knew what needed to be done, but I needed you ladies to jump start me!
    I PRAY CONTINUALLY when I think to the future and am fearful that I will give up all my positive changes. In the past, when an emotional event or even a bad migraine hit, it would derail my efforts and I would simply quit. So I pray that God will keep me aware of that temptation and provide me the strength to continue what I’ve started, even when the scale doesn’t move or I am upset by any number of other things.
    Today, I gave THANKS while eating lunch at Olive Garden. So many delicious items on that menu..so many non-beneficial choices! So I whipped out my phone, pulled up the WW app and found what I could eat and stay on plan. And I loved every moment of our lunch, did not grieve over what I could not have, but was so thankful I could eat and be peaceful with my choice…and won’t regret it tomorrow.
    I am also so thankful for the tools I am learning here and the scripture that is coming to my mind during the day.
    Melissa, I also appreciated your reminder that we can pick and choose what we will follow on the Action Plan, but we can’t pick and choose what we follow in God’s Word. I love God’s Word and I want to follow all of it. I also like fish and fiber. ;) Looking forward to a great week with lots of good work ahead.

83. Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18.

I REJOICE that God is the God of second and third and fourth chances and that every morning I get another chance to get it right. I PRAY that I may honor God in all I say and do as I learn new and better ways to live, and that God will be my knight in shining armor when the devil comes to call. And I GIVE THANKS for this wonderful system called a body and incredible organ called a brain with which He has gifted me. Thanks be to God for all his blessings!

84. Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.~ Thessalonians 5:16-18
    Rejoice that each day is a new beginning and each night a time of rest.
    Pray that I pray more continually.
    Give thanks for all the support for this study.
    God’s will not my will I need to work on that one….

85. I so needed this verse today. It all started driving home after church ( where my husband spoke to the pastor about plans for us to get baptized soon). I suggested we go out for lunch at the Asian buffet. Hubby responded are you sure? We always overeat at buffets. He was right but the pout was on! I was grumpy and snapping at everyone. You know, poor me syndrome, i have to work cook yada yada yada. Hubby reminded me that just 30 minutes previously we were spirit filled excitingly talking about being baptized; could this be an attack by the devil? I knew he was right but stormed into the bedroom to come check out the bible study. Wham! Stopped me in my tracks. Yes, i must pray continously and be thankful always. Thanks Melissa,

• Sue, I had almost the same situation with my husband today too. Just shortly after lunch and a wonderful Sunday morning at church, I was starting to feel hungry again and my stomach was very unsatisfied. I felt like I was lacking something, and so I went to have a bowl of our new sunflower granola. Good choice right? But it was more calories, and I wasn’t actually hungry. As I started to pour the bowl, my husband said, “What are you doing? You just ate. Are you sure you want to eat more right now?” Argh!!! No, I’m not sure. But I’m hungry! But he was right. I didn’t need the extra bowl of cereal. I needed to relax, let my lunch settle, drink some water, and, relax some more. Spend time with God. Pray. Be thankful.

86. Barbara Prince says:

Melissa Taylor, I love you and appreciate you so much for your heart and all you do for the ladies in OBS.

87. Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.~ Thessalonians 5:16-18
    What a powerful verse this week! I rejoice always that God loves me right where I am. He loves me enough to lead me to this OBS and this journey to better health. I pray continually for the strength to crave God above all else. I give thanks in all circumstances, especially in difficult times or when I am faced with tough choices. It is then that faith in God will lead me to His will and help me to grow spiritually.

88. CarolAnne says:

Thes5:16, rejoice that we are here, learning together. Pray throughout the day, over every little thing, because that keeps the focus on Our Lord. Give thanks that we can get together via the internet, otherwise most of us would have never met! P.S. love that “action” movie board, Melissa : ) xo

89. Shelley says:

Melissa as you began the video and shared that you received negative feedback about your “action” I had to giggle a little – those of you running this obs have been having a rough week. That feedback along with feedback about “it’s not your fault”. Some of this feedback may be coming from those of us dieting are cranky – perhaps because of hunger, frustration or withdrawal from our junk food and sugar. This is something I will be praying about this week. My daughter posted on facebook a picture to her Dad from me that said “I’m sorry for what I said when I was hungry”.

• :-) Ha ha ha. This made me smile. Very true Shelley. Sometimes we allow our own struggles to affect our responses and attitudes towards others. And yes, even our lack of sugar, caffeine, or our craving of choice, can cause us to become negative. Perhaps we need a little reminder from Lysa TerKeurst from Unglued about our attitude and our responses towards others. I, for one, don’t want to be known in my house as the cranky mommy or wife when I don’t get to eat what I want. Instead, like our verse says, I want to be known for praising God and giving thanks in all circumstances!!!

90. Robyn Seamon says:

WOW! Last week, I was a week ahead. I typed out this verse from 4 different versions and posted around my house! I was determined to be faithful in this, but alas the storms of life got the better of me yesterday and I went to bed in a stinkin mood! I decided to stay in bed this morning and sleep in, but the Holy Spirit got the better of me and got me up and to church. It was good and several people prayed with me for some issues after the service which was a blessing.

One thing from this study that has really spoken to me is “to do the next right thing.” Even when we have messed up, made an unwise food choice, not rejoiced in everything or not even been joyful, we can stop from spiraling out of control and just do the next right thing. I love this!!

Soooo, I get another week to work on I Thess 5:16-18…Hallelujah!!

And Melissa, I love your hair! It is so pretty on you!!

91. Joycelyn says:

Thanks Melissa for a wonderful introduction of our week 2. I’m looking forward to another great week with many learning opportunities into God’s ways. So sorry Nicki that you are not well and I miss your “ACTION” encouragement. Praying that You will take this time to “BE STILL” and let the LORD do His miraculous healing in your life; He has so much more cor you to do. I love you all and am praying that His will be done in your lives as you commit to serving Him.

92. Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.~ Thessalonians 5:16-18
    Whoa! I need help on this one. I will work this week to rejoice in EVERYTHING, pray continually, and give THANKS in all circumstances. I think I am weak in this area. I KNOW that it is God’s will for me and I will work towards it! Melissa, I have enjoyed your positive and enthusiastic approach to this Bible study. THANK YOU!

93. Rejoice in The Lord always…I don’t always understand Him, but I have to Trust in His plan. Let me just say that 2013 was not the way I would have planned it. My 40 year-old brother drowned on Memorial Weekend and my mom died in a car accident on Christmas Eve. When things can be so overwhelming, I have to CHOOSE to rejoice and be thankful. I have to CHOOSE to trust His will and His ways. In the last months, God has been so faithful in the mending of my heart (as usual…yet I am again surprised). He has used the Made2Crave study so much in my trials, even though they aren’t “food related.” I love how in my hardest weeks, the Memory verses spoke directly to my situation. Be encouraged!

• Wow Betsy, I am so sorry to hear about the tragedies you faced this past year. But your perspective, your focus, is exactly right. We don’t always understand, but we have to Trust. We need to trust! And as you shared, we must daily choose to rejoice and be thankful. Yes Betsy, I am encouraged. Thank you for sharing!

94. Yes, it is definitely possible. Rejoicing always: having joy in Jesus and God’s word is like having this feeling welling up inside to overflowing. Pray continually: we don’t always have to offer up formal prayers. A simple thank you God is heard. Also we don’t even have to say them out loud; for, God’s knows our hearts. Give thanks in all circumstances: when I reflect on my Breast Cancer, I don’t think surgery/chemo, I think of all the blessing that were bestowed on me during this time. When bad things happen, God still loves us and is still there with us. Like the poem “Footprints”—He was carrying me.

95. Lauren Beach (OBS Team Leader) says:

~ Rejoice alway, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Jesus Christ. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 ~

I am Rejoicing that God will give me Grace and love me unconditionally during this journey. He is my Rock & strength
    I will Pray for all my sweet OBS Sisters and all you wonderul women during this journey for the reminder that “we are not alone” we have EACH Other and we Have God. I pray for the daily reminder to us all to remember ” I AM A CHILD OF GOD”
    I give Thanks that my God is Greater and when satan trys to creep in like today my God will guide me to the higher path and satan will NOT win!!!

REJOICE~PRAY~GIVE THANKS

Ladies lets put this verse into #Action this week and remember too #EatSmart

Nikki praying for you Sweet Lady, hoping you feel better soon <3

96. Thank you for what you do! I will begin my day with the word of God and prayer. This week’s verse is just what I needed. Hearing you read it and break it down into what we need to simply do this week hit home for me. I look forward to my time with the study each day.

97. Melissa, thank you so much for the continual reminder to Crave God first, to make him our focus, and to center our Action Plan time on HIM. Amen. Amen.

98. Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.~ Thessalonians 5:16-18 – See more at: http://proverbs31.org/online-bible-studies/current-study/#sthash.qbwltzgh.dpuf
    I just reviewed last weeks content and realized I have never even thought to ask God for help with weight loss. I don’t know if I thought that God wouldn’t have time or would think it was a dumb request, but I am going to do it now. I also have found that I do tend to turn to food for comfort instead of to God. That is what I want to try to change. I am going to try to be more aware of when and why I am eating and if I need to talk to God first. I will pray this week to ask God to help me be more aware of when I am eating and to remember that He wants me to turn to Him first!! I truly do believe that if we crave God first, the other cravings will begin to subside. Hope this next week is great for everyone.

99. Kelly Smith says:

Kemla, I asked God to take my weight, and I started losing 5-10 lbs a mo before this study, I’ve lost over a hundred lbs. the first few months I never even connected the dots, then I realized hey, I keep losing weight for no apparent reason, but I turned it over to God…. I had forgotten

Melissa,
    My sweet sister I n God, I love you so much. It does look like you’re losing weight you’re looking so slim in the face, lucky ;) . I wanted to say I wrote on the blog last week, saying that I missed your sign, it seemed that for a few videos that the sign has disappeared!!! But you focused on the complaint, I’m glad you were able to move on best you could but it always stings the flesh. I like your excitement for the toy, it makes you personable. I can’t believe from the comments I hear you guys briefly make the actual real critiques you must get! I think that’s horrible but as they say we’re all at different stages!

Anyway, thank you again, and THANK YOU for putting such an emphasis back on the Bible. And for reminding people to pray before they get into study! So important!

Nicki, get better, healing in the name of Jesus, Amen.

Kelly Smith #58

100. Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18

I can rejoice when I am making good choices and honoring God. I need to start praying more every day and throughout the day thanking God or asking Him for strength.

101. Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. ~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

I have often said.. I just want to be in HIS will. This verse brings an abundance of clarity to me. Thank you for bringing it forward this week. It allows me to see exactly what HIS WILL really is! My choices need to be praise worthy, not shameful. My choices need to be prayerfully made, not hastily made. My choices need to be something to be thankful for, not regretted.

102. Melissa, I love your bubbly and fun attitude, it’s such an encouragement to see you get all excited over this Bible Study. It’s making me get excited too. Keep up the good work.

103. Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.~ Thessalonians 5:16-18

Wow, I have been hit by a ton of sad news in the past weeks. Friends and family fighting cancer. BUT, I am joyful that God is present always and that pray fights fear, that there is still much to be grateful for, and Gods will is not to bring harm. Whew, it’s a tough time though. I have a deep sadness for people right now.

104. Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.~ Thessalonians 5:16-18

105. I just want to share that you actually have your first feline member! Every time I sit down to watch the video and do my study for the Action Plan, my daughter’s cat Sunny snuggles on my lap and watches you intently! I really love the verse for this week and put it in my notebook, such a great Bible Study!

106. Kelly Foster says:

My book was back ordered and will not be delivered to the distributor until 11 March. I hope to have it later this week. Are you able to provide the materials for this weeks lessons?

107. Love seeing your smiling face! Having a thankful, joyful, prayerful, heart today and everyday especially when I’m trying to make changes in old habits isn’t easy but with God and all of you with me I’m climbing the mountain!

108. Suzanne R. says:

- Well, since “all things are possible to him who believes” – then YES – We can do this!!
    Will it be hard? .. of course.. b/c anything with having always is! We need to call on the Maker of our souls to help us in every area where we are falling short.. to God be the glory!
    We can do this ladies!
    peace & grace to you all –
    Suzanne

109. Rosemary(OBS small group leader) says:

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.~ Thessalonians 5:16-18 – Rejoice always-even when things are difficult to understand, remember that God is here with you. pray continually-talk to God, share your fears, needs wants and love, and just as important listen for his response. give thanks in all circumstances for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus–remember in spite of what we don’t understand, and in difficult times as well as times of calm, God is always working and molding us to fit His plan for our journey. He will be there when we fall short, he will be there for the ups and downs because we are his children, and we are loved. Praises to God Almighty.

110. Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.~ Thessalonians 5:16-18

Having a challenging day today already, but God has brought to light how much of an emotional eater I am. I had some terrible news regarding our business and not even 1 minute after hanging up the phone I went right to the fridge and grabbed food and devoured it…I noticed how I was eating and the feeling of frustration dissipating as I shoveled in the chips and salsa only to be consumed with guilt and hate for myself once I was over full. I realized how much I go to food for comfort and answers that it cannot possibly ever provide. Lord help me lean into you and your infinite wisdom and guidance instead of the food that provides no emotional support but brings these feelings of shame instead. Holy Spirit remind me of this negative feeling and bring me wisdom in healthy food choices because they both sit there in front of me. Help me choose life!!! In Jesus’ name amen.

We can do all things through Christ who gives us strength.

111. Oh my goodness, Melissa! You look FABULOUS! How motivating!!! I LOVE online bible study. Thank you for being obedient to God’s call. I am looking forward to a great week!

112. Be joyful always (I list my gratitude each morning), pray continually ( I try to set the timer on my phone to go off for prayer/praise every 40 minutes for my 40 years) and give thanks in all circumstance (even though I am fearful, I can get through this next big thing with God, one choice and decision at a time). For this is God’s will for you(Patti) in Christ Jesus.

• Lori Knutson says:

Wow, Patti! What a great outlook and personal plan. It is good to hear the example of a sister in Christ who is purposeful in her walk. Thank you for sharing! :)
      Lori

113. Kimberly says:

I think your “ACTION!” is great and very motivational! Thanks for the reminder to keep God the Center of it all.

114. Kathy Davis says:

Be Joyful always, I strive daily to be joyful, pray continually, I start every day praying and talking to God, I feel off in my thoughts if I don’t, give thanks in all circumstances, I pray before every meal no matter where I am and say daily; This is the day the Lord has made, I will give thanks and be glad!

115. Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.~ Thessalonians 5:16-18

I can rejoice in knowing that God loves us so much that he cares about this “tiny” situation in our lives. We can pray continually that he will guide us from temptation to him, and we can give thanks as we overcome each baby step of each of our journeys.

My prayer for each lady this week is that she will truly see the love of God as she approaches each day!

116. Janet Lenoch says:

1 Tessalonikerne 5:16-18 (Det Norsk Bibelselskap 1930 (DNB1930))
    16 Vær alltid glade, 17 bed uavlatelig, 18 takk for alt! for dette er Guds vilje i Kristus Jesus til eder.

I couldn’t resist! Now I can’t read or speak Norwegian, but it blesses my heart to see this in print as it reminds me of my grandma who frequently prayed before meals in Norwegian…

Joyful, Prayful, Thankful…

117. Cindy Mchaffie says:

Wow! Melissa I love how you were so humble in this video about someone not liking your action! #inspiration is what you are to me x

118. Michele Thomas says:

Hello everyone!
    Sorry I am just now saying hi, I have been sick and unable to start like I wanted to. Although I am here now I missed the first video and now feel way behind. Hopefully I can catch up! Looking forward to meeting you all!
    Michele -

119. Christina says:

Hi Everyone!
    I have had two major medical emergencies in my family that have prevented me from being as diligent in the study this week, so am catching up on watching the videos from Sunday and Monday today on Wednesday. So good to “connect” here at Prov 31 ministries OBS. And I don’t want to “kiss up” as the young ones say, but Melissa I love your videos … your spark and enthusiasm is inspiring and a “breath of fresh air”! They add a personal element to the online experience and make me feel like I am getting to know you! So thank you … in the midst of difficulty, tough stuff in this life and serious problems, you bring me smiles and some fun! I appreciate that … let’s keep up our “action” plan! Much love, Chris

120. Good afternoon everyone,
    Melissa you are too cute to be annoying. So many times you and Nikki are my inspirations.
    Thank you so much for all ya’ll do for this online study!
    I pray God will shower his blessings over our online bible study group.

121. Cheri Thompson says:

I’m learning so much–now I need to IMPLEMENT.

122. Barbara Goodison says:

I loved Made to Crave but the Action Plan seems so prescriptive and food based. Help, am struggling to enjoy the Plan…

• RITA NELSON says:

I am struggling with the Action Plan as well. In fact I am struggling to open my book each day and get started.

123. Lori Knutson says:

Wow! What great words to start with! I just received my book and participant’s guide so I am chugging along to catch up, but it seems that there was a plan in even that. My family is going through monumental changes right now and the Bible verse from Thessalonians 5:16- 18 jumps out at me. “Hey, Lori! Rejoice! Pray continually! Give thanks! That is God’s will for you.” What a blessing.

I am loving the videos. What a positive spirit of love for God shines through. A girl can’t help but get excited about this with two such excited coaches. I am looking forward to continuing the journey with everyone. I may be at a point where rejoicing in my own life is difficult, so it is nice to have outward reminders of grace and blessings–especially the little ones we receive every day, but do not always notice or recognize. While I may not have the inner strength to always rejoice, Thessalonians 5:16-18 is a good kick in the proverbial tush……get praying! I needed that today. Thank you! :)