I sometimes get overwhelmed when I sit and think about all God has done in this place. In me. In you. In us.
It really is amazing.
You see, these Online Bible Studies are more than just reading books together and checking off a list of assignments completed.
This is our gathering place.
Women, sisters, and friends gather here from all over the world – connected by the desire to know God more.
In this pursuit of knowing God more we can’t help but be known, too. Known by God and known by others.
Often this requires scary vulnerability and walking through some pretty uncomfortable places. 2 Timothy3:16 says scripture is “useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness.” So, as we read God’s Word daily, we are exposed, rebuked, encouraged, convicted, and much, much more. And some of that can be uncomfortable, right?
In community, we can walk together through these places that sometimes stretch us and cause (spiritual) growing pains. We can support each other, pray for each other, and share with each other.[field name=video]
If you saw my video above (if not, click here) you heard me say that community is about sharing and that we were going to give you the opportunity to practice that sharing!
So . . . every Thursday on the blog (right here) during this study we will have a Blog Hop. Don’t have a blog? No worries. There are several ways to participate. Pick one or more ways that work best for you.
- Link your blog (if you have one)
- Pick one (or more) blog(s) to read and leave some encouraging comments
- Choose one of the topics and write about it in the comment section
We do have a few rules to follow so that things stay neat, tidy, and relevant.
- First, you must have a blog to be able to link up. Otherwise, you won’t have a link to share, right? Remember, the blog hop is optional. You don’t have to blog, but you can still participate by visiting some of your sisters here who do. And you can share in the comment section right here on this page. See how there’s something for everyone? I love that.
- Second, choose your topic. You must choose one of our provided topics. It’s like a big Sunday school classroom and everyone gets to join in the discussion about our lesson for the week. Use the topic as your blog post title or mention it somewhere in your post so that everyone is clear about which one you chose.
- Once you publish your post on your blog, copy your permalink to your clipboard. The permalink is the link to your specific blog post and not just to your main blog. This way when someone from our community visits, they go straight to the topic at hand. Click here to view a ‘How-To’ video.OR click here for printable instructions.
- Come back here to our Blog Hop, find the ‘Add your link’ button near the bottom of the post, and paste your permalink in the space provided. You’ll also be prompted to add your name, email, and select a photo icon.
- Congrats! You’re done! Now just wait a few seconds, refresh the page, and you should see your icon.
- As a courtesy, read and comment on the blog linked up in front of yours.
- Don’t forget to add our Blog Hop button to your blog so that others can find their way here to participate.
Of course, if you have any questions please feel free to leave them in the comment section. We will do our best to answer as quickly as possible.
Let’s practice linking up today! Here’s our topic:
- COMMUNITY – What does community mean to you? What do you need from community? What can you give to community?