Limitless Life, Week 3 Peek at the Week

LimitlessLifeWeek3Verse Isn’t it amazing how much material we’ve covered in just two short weeks, via four short chapters of Limitless Life?

Not sure about you, but I’m always fascinated by how much God can do in my life in such a short while — and then I’m reminded of how much He did in just seven days at the dawn of creation!  So, it reallllllly shouldn’t come as a surprise, but sometimes it still does! :)

Meanwhile, I’m praying for all of us to continue to allow God to pour His truths deep into our hearts as we “marinate” on these major truths of Scripture. Lord, we pray they are no longer just words on a page, but inscribed on our hearts. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Nicki Koziarz is teaching on the blog, and here she is to kick off the week!

{Please click HERE if you cannot see the video.}

So, digging into week 3, here’s our PEEK AT THE WEEK …

Our Verse of the Week:
“But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God.” ~ John 1:12

Mon. & Tues. ~ Chapter 5, “From Damaged Goods to Trophy of Grace”
Wed. & Fri.
~ Chapter 6, “From Religious to Grace-Covered”

WED., 6/11, at 10:30 a.m. ET, Conference Call with Vicki Gray, wife of Pastor Derwin Gray, “Losing My Religion, Gaining My Relationship.” There’s still time to join our private discussion group and even hear the previous messages (which are recorded and access to past calls is included when you order the calls).  CLICK HERE to learn more and make the most of this study!

THURS., 6/12 is our “double-header” with the Blog Hop (topics below), then Rev It Up at 8 p.m. ET.  (Click here to RSVP to Rev It UP.)

Week 3 Blog Hop Topics
1. MAP IT ~
John 1:12 ~ Expand our weekly verse using various study methods (verse mapping, word studies, etc.).
2. SNAP IT ~
Derwin mentions writing Chapter 6 from his favorite coffee shop. For fun, share a picture of your favorite place to study or write.
3. WRITE IT ~
Choose one of the following writing prompts from Chapters 5 & 6 and share something from your heart relating to our study: Stupid Barriers, United, A Rest at Jacob’s Well, Grace: A Gift for Humanity, Living Water, It Is Finished, Spiritual Identity Protection Program, The Jig is Up, In Need of a New Nature, Forever Loved and Accepted, Justified
4. SHARE IT ~
Do you have a story or testimony of going From Damaged Goods to Trophy of Grace or From Religious to Grace-Covered?

Save the Date!
The Twitter party was so fun last week! Our Facebook party is Wed., June 25 at 9 p.m. ET (6 p.m. PT).  Can’t wait to party with you!

Praying you have an amazingly blessed week ahead!

~Steph

Comments

1. Terri Satterwhite says:

Limitless Life has been a profound online bible study! And, everyone from P31 seems on fire! I enjoy Nicki and am glad to hear she will be with us for the week. The twitter party and Rev it UP last week were one of the best I have been to so far. I am excited to get this week going and see where Derwin Gray is going to take us. Thank you!

2. Debbie from Australia says:

Things r changing in my life because I am changing. Was thinking about it just then Wow Thankyou Proverbs 31 for being accessible, you are all Godsent.

3. Shantell says:

Can’t wait to read chapters 5 & 6. This study has been a catylst for me planting strong desires to embrace God and spend time with Him like never before.

4. Thanks Nicki.I’m ready to roll.love ya girlfriend .

5. Nicki you video got me really excited about this week! I’m enjoying this study so much but it is going by too fast!

6. Thank you Nicki for welcoming the week! So excited to get started reading Limitless Life chapters 5 & 6. I really appreciate the opportunity to do this study with ya’ll! I am blessed beyond measure. I even participated in my first ever REV it Up! It was a blast….I won’t be able to participate this week, my daughter has been invited to speak at our Church’s Womens meeting – she is headed to college this fall – and they are interested in what is going on – please pray for her – that she speaks her heart, but mostly that God is with her!!
    The Blog Hop is something else I am enjoying this time….but wow – that is a long list of prompts…hum which one to choose….maybe I will write on several during the week and see which one jumps out at me on Thursday!!! Thanks everyone for a great study…Love my OBS community!
    Teresa

7. When I think of that Samaritan woman – I think oh boy – I have studied her at least three times this past year – God has something else to show me. I can’t wait! Glad to have you here with us precious lady. And yep June is busier than Christmas this year. I am ready for July. WOOHOO!

8. These topics are very much what God has been working on in my heart for some time. He never gives up on my slowness or dragging feet. He just keeps bringing what I need back. Why do we have such a hard time understanding grace?

9. Michele says:

Super excited to be working through this week with Nicki!!! The chapters sound challenging and awesome. But we got this!

10. Spoken in my Cajun vernacular, IF GOD HAS A SENSE OF HUMOR, SHA! I love that. I’ve been hanging around that Samaritan well (& woman) for a couple of weeks now – even shared about her in our bible studies with teens and ladies. I’m looking forward to this week. I feel a Holy Spirit cleansing coming!!!!!

11. Mary B-P 31 Ministry OBS team. says:

I am so glad you talked about Sam, Sammie, the woman at the well. We have studied her a lot in OBS, BUT…. there is so much to that story, many many layers, and this time, we get to find another layer to learn from! :) It is going to be a great week! :) Keep on reading ladies! :)

12. allenia says:

I am really enjoing this study
    the way he shows us who we are in christ and that we are the beloveds god used the women at the well to bring salvation to the samaritions. i couldnt stop reading it

13. allenia says:

Nick thank you for your vidio i know the lord has more to teach me as i think about my life and all god has forgiven me for i am so thankful for his forgivenesd. this story always speaks to me i am divored and i have had a few husbands the lord has forgiven me i now focso on the lord only and do not date.

14. I’m frustrated that you call this a bible study. There is no studying the bible with this book. This is a book discussion. For future studies, please call them what they truly are so that you don’t mislead your audience.

• Chris, I know how you feel. I felt the same way in the beginning when I started with OBS in 2012. But I began to see how so many women were diving deeper, getting more, and meditating upon the scriptures that were truly transforming their lives. Yes, OBS chooses a book for us to read, but it doesn’t stop there. I realized that this study becomes what I make of it. So for me, with each book, I highlight the scriptures from the chapter in all yellow. They stand out this way. Then, I grab my Bible and dig into each scripture that the author references. I also realized that OBS offered the REV IT UP study on Thursday nights which offers an opportunity for all of us to dig deeper and study the scriptures that are directly related to these concepts. Lastly, I have come to see that many of us are in different places spiritually. Some are brand new to the faith, and some have been Christians for 30 years. The books chosen often allow people to enter into a time with God and into the Word at their own pace. And at each level, lives are changed. I don’t know if my words are helpful for you, but I pray you can be encouraged as I was, and consider staying with us through this study.

• Hi, Chris. This is my 1st OBS and I had no clue as to what to expect when I signed up. I am, however, really enjoying this study for the exact reasons that Mary mentions in her reply. I like being able to set aside time daily to read the book and enjoy my time with God at a pace that is comfortable to me. I actually have http://www.Bible.com up on my computer while I’m reading the book and have to tell you, I’ve been pleasantly distracted from the book once a scripture is mentioned, because I read a little more than what chapter and verse is given. I have found that this is truly the community I needed to find, to be a part of, and feel like God planned this for me. I, too, pray that you will be encouraged to stay and explore the study. I’m already looking forward to the next OBS!

15. kimberly fielder says:

of all the OBS I’ve done, next to Unglued this book Limitless Life has hit home so strong and I’ve cried so so much so far reading this book.

• Kimberly, I am right there with you. I have enjoyed previous studies and I love the OBS community, but #LimitlessLife is really ministering to my heart!

• Lisa McDonald ~ Proverbs 31 Ministries OBS Team says:

Kimberly, same here. I didn’t really think this book was going to relate to my life like it has. It’s been amazing comfort to me and I hope to you as well.

16. Can I just say that I am so stinkin’ excited for these two chapters!? I have really loved #LimitlessLife so far and I am so thankful for this book in this time in my life! I just wanted to comment and say to Nicki, I was right there with the Samaritan Woman story-again-feeling. I thought to myself, “Seriously? We read about the Samaritan woman in almost every OBS study? Can’t someone pick a different Bible Story!?” But then I paused, accepted that God had a truth for me to hear, and … WOW! Yes, I have loved Chapter 5. And God knew I needed my heart messed with. Excited to dive in this week. Thanks Nicki for leading us.

17. Lynn Fincher says:

Thanks Nicki I know you will make this a great week for all of us through your encouragement and very open personality.. Looking forward to chapters 5&6
    Blessings to you…

18. I have gotten so much from the 4 chapters. I am so excited to see what else I’m going to learn and get out of this study. Thank you so much.

19. Dawn McC says:

Last week I learned that some of my responses to questions during Rev up were going public on my FB newsfeed. How does this happen or better yet, how do I stop this and keep private? While I am willing to share with the ladies on the OBS, I don’t necessarily want my responses going public with my FB family and friends. Thanks for any suggestions. Dawn McCullough

20. Beth Wright - Proverbs 31 Ministries OBS Team says:

oh y’all, get ready!!! These chapters are AMAZING! God gave Pastor Derwin some powerful stuff to share with us. I pray that everyone will enter this weeks with their spiritual eyes and ears open, ready to receive the awesome message that He has for each and every one of us!!!

21. Martha (Small Group 42) says:

I’m looking forward to getting into these two chapters and exploring God’s word, the Bible, more in depth with Pastor Gray’s book. Thanks Nicki for your encouraging video!

22. I started reading chapter 5. I was wondering if you could help clarify something? On page 90 Derwin talks about Jesus speaking to the Samaritan woman. He states she had been divorced 5 times. I checked chapter 4 in the book of John and nowhere does it state she was divorced 5 times. 5 husbands yes, but we do not know how she had 5 husbands. Some could have died. To assume she was divorced 5 times is incorrect according to what the Scriptures say. Thanks

23. Ok, Nicki, I am praying for a softened heart that will allow God to mess with me this week!!!

24. Christina Steiner (Proverbs 31 Ministries OBS Team) says:

I’m so excited about digging into chapters 5 & 6, and looking forward to God “messing” with me, because He always works in a special way! I am really looking forward to this week. And I LOVE Nicki’s teaching! WoooHooo! :)

25. Lisa McDonald ~ Proverbs 31 Ministries OBS Team says:

I can’t wait to dig into these Chapters and see how God will mess with me. I don’t think I can wait another minute. I’m also looking forward to Nicki’s other messages for us. It’s going to be a great week. I’m absolutely loving this book!

26. Ruthie Keegan says:

I love this book and study of scripture I am so happy to be a part of it

27. Latasha says:

I have five more pages to read of chapter 5. I am loved and accepted. I have been given the grace of God. I have been adopted into Jesus family. I’m a little orphan. I use to take God word personal and fought God for calling me adopted because I was born naturally and not adopted by my birth parents. But believe it or not I accepted God too as my spiritual father and he became adopted as my kingdom father and natural father. Now I don’t want to sound like I have too much pride. But grace came freely and I’m forgiving more and more everyday. Because I been forgiven. God has showed me and allowed me to not limit myself by unforgiveness and doubt. I’m learning everyday and never knew I could or would ever go back to school. I never imagined achieving goals of prosper success in school work and family. I went to a church in 2008 a apostolic church and been rejected so bad by people labeling me from a old bestfriend from highschool. Labeling me by my past and envy as she confessed. I’m still forgiving her with love. But the church never gotten to know me. I didn’t know any of them. Never met them and they were accusing me of the life they were living damaged. And I am too. But whay I mean is they were assuming things about me and I came to church and was kind didn’t talk to know one was polite and minded my business and was there for God made it known. And they were giving me attitude and very resentful. And I felt terrible and couldn’t figure out what I done. I haven’t gone back but I gave it over to God. But I don’t feel the same about church or being a Christian. But I know nobody is perfect. But I have outgrown that so much. I still see the church members today and remain with distance and they asked me too come back. I said no thank you I don’t have time to figure people out if they are for God or not or even against me. I know when you are with God who can be against you. But I didn’t know if they believe in God or their culture from what and who was acknowledging me. But God bless them !!! But thank God I overcame. By his grace and his glory. I made it over. Because one thing I learned is that there is no perfect church or perfect people. And the church is filled with sinners. I myself have sinned. But repentance is the key. And from God’s word and from this wonderful book limitless life I understand what go on in church. But I will continue to pray. Not just for myself. But for all. Thank God for this obs and for pastor derwin and his family and anointing. Hugs kisses with the love of God to all !!♡♥♡♥

28. Theresa says:

Hi ladies, I finally got to see the video today. On and off today I kept gettjng a feeling something was off or about to happen. And I looked at it as if God was abkut to do something. I loved Nikki’s vidso today about God going into deep areas with us this week. I will tell, in the past if I were to hear that “God was going to digg deep” I would be preparing to run the other way. The fears creap in, my reasoning start calculating things ahead of time to keep me from seeing the good that lays ahead of me. I go into panic mode. “Will I like what God has to say”, “could I do what he requires of me”. What if’s, could I, should I, and so on.
    Lol, can I hear God laughing at how nutzo I had just gotten. Can you hear Him laughing or maybe your laughing and wondering ghe same things. What I just fjnally learned from the video is that, as we learned in chpt 1, I am to remove my label of fearful and put the new lable of preparation. God knows we so well. He know this is the time where things get tough I want to bail. I don’t like dealing with the hard stuff. As Nikkie talked about these next to chaptera messing with me, I sensed God say, now is the time to take.courage (that’s a good new label). Yes, there will some deep soul searching coming. Don’t hold yourself back, don’t run from this. I am making you new, placing a stream in you desert. HE has prepared this time to set me free. I will not run or hide. I will face my fears, search my soul, and listen. I will hang on to courage and clean some more of His dwelling place. Thanks Nikkie for preparation of what’s ahead.

29. Melchorita Fahey says:

I am enjoying this study, and thank you so much Proverbs 31 Minitries for hosting OBS ‘LIMITLESS LIFE’ By Pastor Dersin Gray.
    I like how Pastor Derwin Gray say; “God often moves us out of our comfort zones so He can shape us into the people He wanted us to be.” I am in progress and I’m starting stepping out of my comfort zone with God strength. Look forward to digging more in chapter 5&6 this week.
    God bless all,
    Rita

30. Michelle Dragalin says:

The topic that most touched me is The Jig is Up, in Need of a new Nature. I have realized that I am in my situation because of choices I have made and the fact I have not gone to God and let him help me. Since I have been going to God he has been providing me with people who are not judgemental, but are caring and supportive. It is really nice.

31. While I completly understand what Nicki said about June being a busy month, today is the first day that I have been able to read slow down and really enjoy what I am reading. I think I need to go back and read the last 4 chapters! Being that we are finally on summer break, when I get things dine is my choice (no more 4am Bible Studies for me!) I always enjoy my time spent with P31!

32. Joycelyn says:

For me, all of the OBS’s were a starting point for deeper study. It gives an outline and structure for how much deeper you want to go. I particularly love the questions for reflection and the prayers at the end of each chapter. So it’s really what you make of it. Don’t give up. Give yourself time to savor it, to meditate on it, pray about it and implement into your life. Let God speak to your heart as He renew your mind with His life-giving Word.

33. Melissa says:

Love your enthusiasm, Nicki. Thank you. Have a blessed week! :-)

34. Valerie says:

This is my first OLB study and I’m starting to get the hang of it. I’m enjoying the book and all of the discussions. What an encouragement all of it has been. I would like to share that chapter 5 has really ministered to my heart. Whenever The Lord wants to grab my attention He seems to do so through the woman at the well. So I believed that He had something special for me and faithful as Jesus is He met me in the middle of my current storm. My daughter is 17 and has chosen friends that make unsafe choices for themselves. My daughter has begun experimenting with drugs and alcohol. I’m terrified for her and trying not to parent out of that fear. After reading the author’s presentation of the woman at the well my hope has been renewed. You see my daughter’s name is Sammie ~ Spelled just the same. Jesus met me through this chapter and I know that he has a divine appointment already scheduled with her. Thank you for letting me share.

35. I get it too that June is very busy but I’m finding time to keep going. I did get behind when my parents were visiting but they have gone home and now I am totally back into the book and really trying to overcome those labels that are imprinted. It’s not always easy but it’s a journey. A great and wonderful journey.