So, it’s Week 3. And I know exactly what that means. It means we are almost halfway through this amazing study and YOU are still going strong! Yay!! But it also means that some of you are tired and really having to push forward to finish.
One of this week’s chapters is perfect for this very moment. (Don’t you love how God works these little details out? How He not only goes with us but also goes before us and makes provision for our every need?)
In Chapter Six, From Religious to Grace-Covered, Derwin says, “Works-based righteousness produces performance-based living, which suffocates our souls. It’s limiting.”
I know this life of performance-based living. I’ve lived it and it almost destroyed me. After years of performing and pleasing and working in and for ministry, my husband and I found ourselves burned out, worn out, and distant in our relationship with Jesus. God graciously lifted us out and gently drew us to Himself where we were restored, refreshed, renewed and introduced to love and grace as we had never known before.
You see, we don’t have to finish this study so that God will be pleased with us. He’s already pleased with us.
We don’t have to finish it so that He will love and accept us. He already loves and accepts us.
Derwin nails it when he says, “Many Christ-followers try to live for God’s acceptance, love, and blessings instead of living from God’s love, acceptance, and blessings to us based on the Jesus’ accomplishments for us.”
Jesus has already accomplished and provided everything we need to have and walk and live in relationship with our heavenly Father.
So, as we move forward, let’s do more than just finish. Let’s do more than just check off our assignments each day.
Are you suffocating a little? Take a deep breath right now. Allow God to breathe into you winds of refreshment, renewal and restoration.
Peer into these scriptures expecting to see Him. Press in to our study ready to know Him. Turn the pages with desire to live and abide in His very presence. It’s not about performance and doing. It’s about knowing and becoming.
“Let the floodgates of God’s grace sweep you off your feet.”
Love and grace, grace, grace,
P.S. ~ We can’t wait to read how God has revealed Himself to you through this week’s study!
SO . . . Let’s get this party started!
A few ways you can participate are:
- Link to your blog (if you have one) after writing about one of this week’s topics
- Pick one (or more) blog(s) to read and leave some encouraging comments
- Choose one of this week’s topics and write about it in the comment section
Or, if you need a day to catch up (or just bask in the awesome love and presence of God!), use today to do that! (Grace, grace, grace, remember?) Nicki shared some beautiful words of encouragement this week, so you’ll want to visit those posts if you haven’t already! 🙂
(For those of you linking your blogs, we do have a few rules to follow so that things stay neat, tidy and relevant. If you have any questions about what to do or how to do it, click here to read the Blog Hop 101 post. )
Also, don’t forget our amazing Facebook event happening tonight! Here’s what you can expect:
Damaged or Restored, Do or Done? Join Proverbs 31’s Online Bible Study Team for Rev It Up as we explore what God says about us as He views us through His Son, Jesus, in a fast moving hour of online Bible study with practical application, encouragement and fellowship!
Things to bring:
• Your Bible
• Limitless Life book
• Notecards (5 just in case)
Click here to join —> RSVP to Rev It Up Live on June 12!
Now, here are the topics for Week 3:
NOTE: Please specify which topic you chose, by either using the suggested title OR adding the Topic # somewhere in your post.
1. MAP IT ~ John 1:12 ~ Expand our weekly verse using various study methods (verse mapping, word studies, etc.). (Click here to learn more about verse mapping from our awesome friend Heather Bleier or copy the following into your browser: http://bit.ly/11j4zW2)
2. SNAP IT ~ Derwin mentions writing Chapter 6 from his favorite coffee shop. For fun, share a picture of your favorite place to study or write.
3. WRITE IT ~ Choose one of the following writing prompts from Chapters 5 & 6 and share something from your heart relating to our study: Stupid Barriers, United, A Rest at Jacob’s Well, Grace: A Gift for Humanity, Living Water, It Is Finished, Spiritual Identity Protection Program, The Jig is Up, In Need of a New Nature, Forever Loved and Accepted, Justified
4. SHARE IT ~ Do you have a story or testimony of going From Damaged Goods to Trophy of Grace or From Religious to Grace-Covered?[inlinkz_linkup id=414680 mode=1]