Hey there, mama friends!
Shelly here, coming to you from the heat and humidity of beautiful Southeast Texas! My team and I are excited about leading the blog hop right here every Wednesday for the duration of our study!
Not only am I leading the blog hop, I am also here as a participant. I am a mama of three (Brooke, 21, Taylor, 17, and Logan, 9), and wife of twenty-two years. I am exactly one-fifth of the “Fab Five.” 🙂 Here is our professional family portrait that hides all of our imperfections (complaining, arguing, stress and TORTURE of taking a family pic – anybody know what I’m talking about?).
You would think after this many years on the job I’d have this mama thing down and everything would run smoothly. The truth is I’m at a place with my two eldest where I find myself looking back, wondering if I did enough right as they prepare to start their adult lives. This kind of pressure can weigh heavy on a mama’s heart.
My mind (and the enemy of my soul) likes to remind me how many mistakes I have made on this journey that began as a very young 19-year-old mother.
I LOVE being a mama. But yes, sometimes it has been (and still is) so, so tough.
I, too, desperately need this community.
So, today, I echo Lysa’s words in praying for ALL of us. I’m praying that this book, paired with the Word of God and encouragement from all our stories shared, “is just the adventure your soul (and mine) needs to look at motherhood with more joy than ever before.” That we will begin to look at our role with “a refilled heart, a refueled approach, a a renewed perspective, and a soul that feels refreshed.” And that no matter where we find ourselves on the timeline of mothering, we can “be encouraged and empowered to be the mom God knows you (and I) can be.”
We’re keeping this week’s blog hop simple. We just want to pull up a chair and listen as you share your mama story. We want to love you right where you are. We want you to know we understand. We get it. And you are not alone.
If you don’t have a blog, please feel free to share below in the comment section.
Now, let’s get this Blog Hop started!
This week’s topic: “Being a Mom Is Tough”
- If you have a blog (remember, if you don’t have a blog you can share in the comment section below), publish your post on your blog and then copy your permalink to your clipboard. The permalink is the link to your specific blog post and not just to your main blog. This way when someone from our community visits, they go straight to the topic at hand. Click here to view a ‘How-To’ video OR click here for printable instructions.
- Come back here to our Blog Hop, find the ‘Add your link’ button near the bottom of the post, and paste your permalink in the space provided. You’ll also be prompted to add your name, email, and select a photo icon.
- Congrats! You’re done! Now just wait a few seconds, refresh the page, and you should see your icon.
- As a courtesy, read and comment on the blog linked up in front of yours.
- Don’t forget to add our Blog Hop button to your blog so that others can find their way here to participate.
- If you do not have a blog but would like to start one, two of the most popular blog publishing services are WordPress and Blogger. Each of these provide tutorials and help to get you started.
**New to this study – we will be featuring one of your blogs on our Saturday post! 🙂
Of course, if you have any questions please feel free to leave them in the comment section. We will do our best to answer as quickly as possible.