I just finished watching a Hallmark movie with my sister. You know, the modern day fairytale (minus the Cinderella dress) where the girl gets the guy of her dreams and the movie ends with the promise of happily ever after? I love Lysa’s thoughts about these movies in chapter 7:
“Why are we so moved by these love stories? I believe it is because God designed our hearts for an eternal love story, our love story with Jesus.”
She goes on to talk about how so many women are so busy raising kids that they forget their first love and begin to serve Him out of duty. This certainly hits home for me. There was a time in my life when raising kids, volunteering, working and even ministry became my priority above everything. Yes, even my relationship with Jesus.
Fast forward years later and my heart has since been reunited with its first love. But still, life tends to separate us and make me forget this great love story. I have to be intentional about spending time with the lover of my soul. Not out of obligation or duty. Not out of guilt. But out of the desire to know and to be known by Him and to honor Him with everything within me.
I took some time out to spend the weekend reconnecting with a dear friend and God invaded our time. He met us on the couch, He accompanied us on our morning walks, and He sat with us by the pool. He tugged at our heartstrings and breathed fresh into our souls. He whispered reminders of His amazing love and grace and refilled those places life had recently emptied (even the ones we didn’t know about).
So much better than a scripted fairytale!
When we purpose to get still and set distractions aside even for a moment, we can feel His gentle tugging and make the choice to respond to His invitation to draw near. We can find these divine appointments, these God-moments, throughout our day if we choose to see them.
Let’s bend our hearts toward this God who loves us like no other. And let’s say yes to His love story written just for us.
Do you have a God Love Story or a favorite way to refill? Those are two of our three topics for sharing today on the Blog Hop (see list below). We would love to sit down again with you this week as you share your heart through words either on your personal blog, or below in the comment section!
Now, time to Blog Hop!
A few things to help you:
- If you have a blog (remember, if you don’t have a blog you can share in the comment section below), publish your post on your blog and then copy your permalink to your clipboard. The permalink is the link to your specific blog post and not just to your main blog. This way when someone from our community visits, they go straight to the topic at hand. Click here to view a ‘How-To’ video OR click here for printable instructions.
- Come back here to our Blog Hop, find the ‘Add your link’ button near the bottom of the post, and paste your permalink in the space provided. You’ll also be prompted to add your name, email, and select a photo icon.
- Congrats! You’re done! Now just wait a few seconds, refresh the page, and you should see your icon.
- As a courtesy, read and comment on the blog linked up in front of yours.
- Don’t forget to add our Blog Hop button to your blog so that others can find their way here to participate.
- If you do not have a blog but would like to start one, two of the most popular blog publishing services are WordPress and Blogger. Each of these provide tutorials and help to get you started.
This week we have three topics to choose from:
NOTE: Please specify which topic you chose, by either using the suggested title OR adding the Topic # somewhere in your post.
1. My God Love Story
2. Favorite Ways to Relax & Refill
3. This Is All I Have to Give