Bible Study Skills: Topical Study

IMG_4225_1Hey guys! It’s Sarah Travis back with you again today, and I want to thank you for allowing me to share my heart with you yesterday. I know I’m not alone in revealing how I felt unforgivable, unworthy and hopeless. I have found that our own sin can be one of the most limiting factors on the road to healing.

In Monday’s post, Nichole Stern mentioned a safe place: “Somewhere we can bare our souls and know we will receive Truth and Love in return.” When I bared my soul to my husband, he held me and told me he loved me even more. This is what I picture the Lord doing when we come and confess our past to Him.

My prayer for you is to see the Truth I came to discover. I realized God never lost hope in me. He pursued me until I was ready to take hold of the hand He was reaching down to me and be reconciled to Him — until I could see there was indeed still hope for me yet! The Lord God, who is sovereign, is continuing to turn my mess into His masterpiece and He can do the same for you also.

As Suzie Eller shared in Chapter Five of The Mended Heart:

Guys, it’s TRUE!!! I have emerged on the other side! Yes, I still struggle, and my past still causes me pain at times, but deep down I know I am forgiven and redeemed. I know I’m continually being healed and I know God is faithful (1 Corinthians 10:13).

One of the beautiful ways in which God has brought healing to my heart is through the Truth He has written to me (and all of us!) in His Word. Each time He hides another verse in my heart, it acts as a seal mending the wounds my sins, and also others’ sins, have caused. His Word gives me hope, not only for the future, but also for today.

Whatever it is you are facing today, God has a Word for you!

A great way to dig deeper into the Bible and discover a complete picture of what God has to say about a specific topic is through a Topical Study. It is similar to a word study, but you will find you look at several words related to a topic rather than just one.

So, how do you do a Topical Study? Friends, this takes time … but please do not be discouraged or intimidated. Spend the time in God’s Word and you will learn so much to help mend the wounds of your heart!

1. Pray and ask God to show you what it is you are struggling with and need to read about.

2. Look in a thesaurus to discover other related words (e.g., hope, desire, expectation).

3. List the opposite words (e.g., the opposite of hope might be despair).

4. Narrow your list to four or five words to dig deeper into.

5. Look up verses/passages of Scripture on the subject you are studying by doing a word study. (Check out this previous word study post for more information.)

6. Read what comes before and after the verse in order to understand what God intended to teach.

7. Prayerfully choose a few of the verses that apply to your life at the moment and consider if there are any:

• promises
  • warnings
  • commands
  • advice
  • conditions
  • examples

8. Summarize what God has shown you and write a takeaway statement to claim as Truth and write on your heart.

Many Bible Study websites have gathered all this incredible information together for you. Check out this Topical Study on hope in Bible Hub.

Maybe it’s not the idea of hope you are struggling with … maybe it’s forgiveness, regret, sin, faith, worry, prayer … to search other topics, go to www.biblehub.com/topical and type a word or phrase in the search bar.

Here is a FREE printable to help you with your Topical Study.

[easy_media_download url=”https://s3.amazonaws.com/p31obs/mendedheart/TMH+BSS+wk3.pdf” text=”http://proverbs31.org/online-bible-studies/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2015/01/DownloadNow.OBS_.1.jpg”]

Observe — Share your answers to question 5 from the “Just you and God” section at the end of Chapter 5. How did Paul define hope in Ephesians 1:18-21?

Bible — What verses did you discover from your Topical Study on hope? How can God’s Truth help you when you feel like there is no hope?

Stretch — Use the handout to carry out a Topical Study on another theme you are working on in your life.

Dig Deeper friends and allow God’s Truth to mend the wounds in your heart!

Love, Sarah 🙂

Comments

1. Sarah Sweetie

2. I wanted to tell you, You are so Precious and I Thank God That we have You to Share Studying His Word..I don’t know why I get cut off??..Have a Very God Blessed Day

3. In Ephesians Paul defines hope as opening the eyes of our heart to the greatness of God’s glory. This is something I pray for on a daily basis. I ask God to open the eyes of my heart so I can truly see what He desires for me. I was taught from a very young age that no matter how bad I felt, what I had done, or what had been done to me, I needed to make everything look good on the outside. It was all about appearances and “what would the neighbors or our church friends think?”. It became very difficult to know my true value because inside I always felt less than or not good enough but on the outside I acted like I was better than everyone else and I was quick to judge people who showed their true selves. I no longer judge others but instead try to offer lovng encouragement when I can but I still struggle internally with feelings that I am unworthy and unloveable. I don’t try to make it all look good on the outside anymore. When I’m struggling I share that with God and with a few trusted friends. I am still a work in progress!

• Debbie I have struggled with the very same thoughts … feeling like my outward appearance and the smile on my face need to measure up to a certain standard. I perfected the “I’m great thanks” response because I didn’t want to admit I was struggling. What I found when I began to let people in was that the Lord worked through them to breathe truth and words of comfort into my life 🙂

4. Thank you Sara for sharing your story. I am beginning to see how I…. I have made people my god allowing the hurt from them to reign over me .. To be so hurt that they could treat me this way.. I have allow Satan to crush my spirit.. The verse in Eph.1:18 i pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you to the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people ans his incomparably great power for us who believe. This verse came to life to me that rejection I have … Yes its been and is such a struugle to be with the one Ive been with for 37 years.. Because of such rejection.. But I see he and these others do not define who I am in Christ… I hope this makes sense .. God bless you for bringing all this together .. I pray that I to may be his voice.. Because I love him with all my heart❤️

5. Donna Morris says:

Thanks Sarah for showing us how to do a Topical Study. I have never done this and can’t wait to dig deeper with other words. Some of the verses on hope were Romans8:24-25, Romans5:5 and Acts 2:26.

6. Linda Sedler says:

Thank you Sarah for showing us ways to dig into God’s word. And the ways to dig deeper. I can see where my faith and knowledge have grown over the last couple of years but I always felt that I wasn’t doing it right or not enough. Thank you for showing me (and the others) how to dig deeper so we can have a relationship with God. Have a glorious day!!

7. Thank you Sarah!
    God Bless you !!!

8. Jem Renee says:

Thanks Sarah so much for sharing. Too many times in the past I’ve wondered if God could still use me because of my past. This study is giving me the hope that He can. I believe in the hope of His calling and in the greatness of His power.

9. Colleen says:

Thank you Sarah for sharing your heart and being so vulnerable and authentic in the name of loving other women as Jesus would have you do. We can feel so isolated in this world and that is why our hope in Jesus and in the body is essential for getting thru this life. I struggle with people pleasing, rejection and am currently struggling thru a divorce….sometimes I feel like I am just too far gone…have been on my knees before the Lord more times than I can count these days and praise Him for His comfort and truth in the midst of all. Anyway, this study and the love within it from the entire crew has been a true blessing. Thank you for loving like Jesus.

10. Theresa says:

Sarah, thank you for sharing your story, my struggles are different but still your story gave me hope. I searched shame, and these few verses from Romans 5 really spoke to me. Love that in addressing shame, hope is God’s intention for us!

1Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. 3Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

I looked at the topical study on hope as well, and when I read the Old Testament and New Testament meanings of hope, that really put hope in perspective for me. I think a lot of times I hope in a worldly way, That hope is something I wish for but may not become reality. I know what I want but pray for it with the attitude that maybe I my hope will be met, maybe not. But in the Old Testament hope means a confident expectation, and in the New Testament hope is certainty. I pray that I will come to understand hope by its a Biblical meaning……..

11. James 1:5
    If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.
    This is my verse for now. I am in need of discernment and wisdom for what is on my heart. My heart is telling me to continue on a path that I am not sure is God’s. But when I pray this path is pressed into me as is another. I pray I can discern which path is God’s so I can glorify Him with my obedience!

• What a fantastic verse to hold onto at the moment Liz 🙂 Trace all thoughts from your heart against God’s Word to see if they align with Truth and pray for the peace that transcends all understand — then you will know whether it is the Lord’s path – Romans 12:1-2

12. Thanks Sarah
    Jealousy has become a horrible part of my family. I am going to research it with the tools you gave us today. I will post my finding later today.

God Bless

13. James 3:14-16

My daughter is in a prodical state right now due to jealousy. I prayed and ask God why this was happening and he told me she was jealous. Since I began p31obs my heart is being mended because I realized what is the driving force behind her action.
    I enjoyed using topic to study the bible. It give me so much peace once I find answers to my questions. Looking forward to my healing, and waiting on God to work on my daughter. As For now P31OBSnis my safe place.
    Praying for everyone God Bless

14. Jessica A says:

He had hope in the power of Jesus. And that we have hope if his calling and riches of glory of his inheritance; exceeding greatness of his power to us who believe, according to the working of his might power.

1 Cor 13:13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
    Hebrews 10:23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)
    Romans 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
    God’s truth can help you when you hide his truths in your heart and let them mend your heart. It helps you to see you really do have hope in God.

• Amen Jessica! We need to hide those Truths in our hearts. I love that hope is one of the three things in 1 Cor 13:13 — faith, hope and love sum up the Christian faith for me and it is through my love of Christ and my faith in Him that I can have hope 🙂

15. Thank you so much Sarah for this Bible tool. I have never seen it!
    I look forward to using this resource to dig deeper into God’s Word.
    So wonderful.
    Wisdom and hope for my troubled heart these days.
    This Study has carried me through and blessed me beyond words.
    Thank you.
    God be with all of you.

• The great thing about any of the resources we share is that you can apply them to your Bible Study anytime and that is our hope — that you feel more able to dig into God’s Word for yourself 🙂 I pray for your troubled heart — that God’s Word would take the place of any troubling thoughts and breathe hope into your soul.

16. Sarah, thank you for the Bible Study Skills Lesson. I always look forward to your lesson.

Observe – Share your answers to question 5 from the “Just you and God” section at the end of Chapter 5. How did Paul define hope in Ephesians 1:18-21? Paul defined HOPE as confident expectation. Our hope and trust is through our Lord And Savior, Jesus Christ, who washes away our sins, and makes us a new creation in Christ.

Bible – What verses did you discover from your Topical Study on hope? How can God’s Truth help you when you feel like there is no hope? ROMANS 15-13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

17. Thank you Sara for sharing your heart with us. It truly is a blessing too know that we aren’t alone in our struggles. Last year I asked God to heal the brokenness in me,immediately, so it seemed, he began to do a mighty work in me. Little by little I have seen and felt His wondrous healing deep into heart. This study came at a time of doubt, and He has shown me just how far HE has brought me and I stand amazed. I also know HE isn’t finished. Ephesians 1:19 & 20 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in heavenly places,. That same power works in us, to heal our brokenness. His truth(word) settling deep into my heart, his love pouring deep into my soul, truly creating a new creature. I just cannot praise Him enough. Not exactly sure what word topic I will do have to get back on that one. Thank you all, and may God continue to bless you, love y’all

• Do you know what I love best about what you shared? You said, I asked God to heal the brokenness in me and he began to do His might work in me. Not in others. Not in your situation. Not to make everything work out, but in you. That’s where it begins, no matter our situations or who has hurt us. So very brave and insightful!

• Beautiful Wanda, thank you for sharing! I love how you said He isn’t finished yet — I find it such a comfort to know that He is still working in me 🙂

18. This bible study has been amazing. Before it started God began to show me the broken places in my life. I intially joined to get healing from the hurts that my child’s father caused, but the Lord has delivered me and healed me from so much more. I really need this Word study on HOPE, I haven’t participated in all of the discussions but the Holy Spirit has led me to the ones that I need to respond to. Even the chapters that I thought didn’t pertain to me have blessed me. I have hope because I have the Holy Spirit as my helper. Please continue to pray for me and my family.

19. allenia says:

Paul defines it as the hope of his calling and the riches of glory.

20. Charlsie says:

Thank you, Sarah, for sharing your story and these wonderful tools for digging into GOD’s Word. Where else can we go — HE has the Words of Life!

21. I think it’s very hopeful that God is not confined by time and can see past our present troubles and struggles. We just need to be honest about our sin with him. We are not surprising Him or throwing Him off. He sees us as we are in Him. Sees the potential. He knows the end. So why would we not want to turn to Him to lead us toward that. He knows us so much better than we know ourselves.

22. Christina says:

I think Paul expresses that God is all powerful and He can flood my heart with light so that I may know God eternally. This gives me hope. The topical study organizer is a great tool and I’m trying to narrow down what fits my needs!

23. Hope = the life that which Jesus had called us to — His HOPE FOR us to live freely WITH Him!

24. CarolAnne says:

Thank you so much for this download, Sarah! It looks amazing and I am going to try it. This was a chapter that really got to me, there were fresh insights and your Topical Study chart is an excellent add-on. xo

25. MA Slade says:

Chapter 5 could have just had my name instead of Sarah. And ironically, my husband’s name is Jeff!!! Not an easy time in our marriage. My husband was contemplating divorce when miraculously he prayed for God to show him what to do. The next morning, Jeff picked up a bible and it opened to Hoses chapter 3. I’m gonna make you look it up!!! Yes, God still cares about us in our sin and is ready to preform the miracle of reconciliation in our marriages.

26. Wow Sarah – thank you for sharing your story and giving us these AWESOME bible tools each week. I look forward each week to using bible study tools as a first.
    Observe – Share your answers to question 5: Paul defines Hope as “riches” in Christ in that we inherit this as being saints of God knowing that His mighty power is already working in us.
    Bible – What verses did you discover from your Topical Study on hope? I came across Hebrews 6:19 – This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, a hope both sure and steadfast and entering into that which is within the veil – I like the word anchor and will do a Topical search on this for deeper word study along with sure and steadfast (this seems to be a Promise from God. Promise is listed in the section What is God Teaching Me in Sarah’s Download (Wow – how timely is that – thanks again Sarah).
    Stretch – Use the handout to carry out a Topical Study on another theme you are working on in your life.
    I have already tapped into this bible tool and can see how this can really be beneficial in opening my mind and heart to what God really want to teach me and hope others will use this tool.

27. Observe: to know what He has chosen us to have.

Hope – I like Psalm 39:7 – So, Lord, what hope do I have? You are my hope!

28. I love how Ephesians 1:18-21 describes our hearts “being enlightened.” That is a great visual of our hearts being filled by hope. I am currently on step 6 in a topical word study on “Trust.” I have a list of scriptures I’m working through reading and seeking God’s promises, warnings, commands, advice, conditions and examples. I’m only halfway through my list and already feel so enlightened with hope in the area in which I struggle. Chapter 5 came with great revelation for me and this Bible study skill is the perfect application to help me process that revelation into hope and healing. Thanks Suzie and Sarah!!

• Thanks Katrina! I sometimes feel like I’m the only one around with “trust” issues. Your heart is beautiful and your transparency is much appreciated!

29. I am going through the worst trial of my life, and I am in an especially difficult period where I am forced to wait to find out how another person’s decision will affect me. I have been praying for this person daily but am constantly fighting the urge to run away and cut them out of my life rather than continue to pray and see what God will do. The word He put on my heart this morning to do this topical study was “Perseverance.” I spent over an hour in the Word to find what God wanted me to hear today, and I am so encouraged that I want to share it here. My conclusion from my topical study on “Perseverance”: Trials produce perseverance by testing our faith. Perseverance produces character, hope, godliness, maturity and discernment. If allowed to finish its work in me, it will leave me “lacking nothing”. Encouragement and hope can be found by reading in the scriptures about the endurance of faithful men and women before me. Perseverance will be rewarded with a place in God’s Kingdom, and other Christians persevere alongside me. God’s power will strengthen me so I am able to persevere, and when I am weak, the Holy Spirit will intercede for me when I don’t know what to pray for. Praise God for His encouragement and faithfulness! My spirit feels renewed to continue, and I am so thankful.

30. I have trust issues, I don’t trust anyone, except for my family. So I’m doing my topical research on trust. Just reading the first page on my word “trust” was amazing how many different meanings this word has. A few bad things happened to me when I was a teenager and I thought I had healed until I spent 5 years sharing an office with a co-worker who bullied me and verbally slandered me behind my back and I didn’t find out until she left. My trust issues soared to new levels once again. I am trying to overcome anxiety because of it. I’m standing on God’s promises and look forward to digging in deeper with this topical search on trust. God bless you all! God is so good.

31. Nancy Gladwin says:

Sarah – I’ve read the Bible all of my life, however, your study tips are new to me, thanks so much for your clearly written instructions and your words of encouragement. It means so much. God is growing a confident heart in me, “quieter is safer” is no longer my mantra. God bless your day.

32. Just finished Chapter 5…
    been crying off and on all day…I know part menopause…yet also, deep woundedness that has been rushed into pretend healing.
    So hungry and desperate for God to do heart surgery and have been begging Him to ‘touch’ me in the way a loving Father would and not how my father did. How long O Lord, how long?
    I too, don’t want to get up off the floor without being changed…five kids, 2 dogs and 12 year old chronic illness and financial stress plus one husband…praise God for that!
    I love the study..,,
    .feeling vulnerable just being real… asking for prayer. Thanks.

33. Thanks Sarah for sharing this helpful information and encouraging too! Blessed to be reading your testimony in the other post! Blessings!

Tayrina

34. On page 113 I read where Suzanne speakers of being a victim? Who’s fault..How did this happen..and I needed this.. Yes I prayed all thru my marriage I would get so mad,frustrated, HURT..once in my bathroom I even Prayed for God to just beat him up..LOL..Sounds funny now..But life was so hard with my ex..Now Honestly I did see satan’s work all over my marriage.. And when my ex wanted to try I was Over with it..and NO LONGER TRUSTED HIM..nor loved him..but the blame game..yes I played it but no matter what my ex did it was me who did what I did..I listened to the lies and deceit of satan..I have to Ask God for forgiveness for what I DID ..IM THE only one who can answer for me..Steve has to answer for himself..I realize to let this blaming my ex go..and realize satan was is the accuser of the brethren.. He worked us and I allowed him to step in..I did what I did..and I have to see the hold he still has on Steve and keep praying for him..And I ask for forgiveness for what I DID..and for allowing satan into our life..it was him all along..Love to y’all and Suzanne Wow God has done such an amazing work in you..I thank God For you and EVERYONE HERE..Lots if Love and Hugs to y’all

35. know what is the hope of His calling,
    riches of the glory of His inheritance
    greatness of His power toward us who believe.

Hope Verses? Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
    How can God’s Truth help you when you feel like there is no hope?

36. I loved the topical word study. I will be doing much more of it to understand God’s word for Marriage.
    In Ephesians 1:18-21 Paul speaks of Hope that we as Christians should have; it’s a PROMISE that God has given His own. This PROMISE of God can not be broken and we ultimately win in the end.

37. Sarah your story hit home for me all too well. I have been living with shame for past sin. I have confessed my sins to God. I know I am forgiven by God. I know I have been forgiven both those that I have hurt. I know I have been forgiven by my family. The hardest part is forgiving MYSELF. I am still struggling. Your story has given me HOPE.

• I found that to be the hardest part also Jill. Someone said something to me that hit hard but in a freeing way…not forgiving myself was not believing in God for His forgiveness. Not forgiving myself was like not accepting God’s forgiveness. You ARE a forgiven child of God my friend! 🙂

38. Sarah I love what you said in an above comment about allowing the Lord to work through others to breathe and share the truth and the words of comfort. I find that in my own life messages are received far quicker and with more clarity when God is working through those I am with.

39. What do you do, when you have no safe place to bare your soul, no place and no one to receive truth and love from? Where do you find love and support needed to find healing, when there is no one willing, here on earth?

• Is there a local church you can go to? Talk to a pastor there, or ask if the pastor can recommend a Christian counselor?
      I hope you can find a safe place. This is a safe place here, my friend. We are all hurting and working on healing. Trust God that we will hold you up in prayer without judgment. We are willing to be a safe place to support you and love on you, sister.

40. Melissa says:

I’m praying for you. I don’t know your situation, but is there a church or counselor that you can connect with? God hears you friend, even when you think he doesn’t. He knows your heart, he loves you with an everlasting love. 1 Corinthians 1:26-31

41. O: It is a confident (hope) in the power of God – what He is in control if, what He can do in spite of – all for our good if we believe in him and love him
    B: one of my favorite verses that keeps me I’m track when I think everything’s going wrong and that nothing good seems to be comjng out if anything –
    For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a HOPE. (‭Jeremiah‬ ‭29‬:‭11‬ NLT)

42. Bible- I did the topical study, but used the word alone instead of hope because loneliness is something I’ve been struggling with. The website gave me a few verses, but Philippians 4:8 really struck a chord with me. I looked at the verses before and after to get a better picture. By doing so I see that there’s a command and a promise contained there. God – the God of peace – promises to be with me and tells me to think on good things. This really resonates for me, especially in light of the Bible verse for the week with the command to guard my heart. I need to guard my heart and think on good, excellent, praise-worthy, honorable things; God will bring me peace by doing so (staying focused on Him). My mind has not been completely focused on Him (those good, excellent, praise-worthy, honorable things) and I have not guarded my heart very well in a recent relationship. I have also not had peace. This is a good reminder that God will give me that peace I crave when I make him the focus.

43. Shannon C. says:

Observe – I believe the verse in Ephesians 1:18-21 means that we should have an expectation for God’s best in our life. Hope is defined as “a feeling of expectation and desire”. I desire more of God in my life. We can be confident in the power of God in our life to take care of us and heal those areas where we struggle. We are created new in Christ Jesus.
    Bible – The verses I discovered from my topical study are:
    Galatians 5:5 – For through the spirit we eagerly await by faith the righteousness we hope.
    Psalm – 130:5 – I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits and in his word I put my hope.
    Psalm 42:11 – Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God for I will yet praise him, my savior and my God.
    Stretch – For my topical study I want to work on patience and waiting. I am struggling with these two words. I believe God has a great plan for my life but I want to understand the importance of having to wait for something to happen and patience for when the time comes for it to happen.

44. I am praying for K. Hold on to the Lord sister. He will see you through the difficult circumstances.

45. I have a really great church, full of “busy” people, and friends of convenience. Unfortunately I’m very inconvenient for them and somewhat limited by my physical disability. I shattered my C-1 vertebrae 4 years ago 7/4. It’s been 4 years of watching people walk away when you no longer benefit them… 4 years of slowly watching them all fade away.
    I now have plenty of time to deal with all the things I buried prior to my accident and I do have a Christian counselor I’ve been seeing for 3 years. I seriously struggle with trust though, and being held behind “professional boundaries” just makes it that much harder. I’m finding it EXTREMELY difficult to be able to trust and feel safe in order TO bare my soul… but I know when I walk out of there I’m alone and on my own.
    It kind of feels like following the yellow brick road, standing outside the doors of the Emerald City and being rejected on the grounds of professional boundaries. I talk to the face in the window, but I’m not invited in to where I’m safe, cared for and can find the help I need… and I don’t have a tin man, scarecrow or lion with me either.

• Charlotte says:

K, God wants you to know that you are not invisible. He sees your struggle, your heart, and your hurt. He wants you to know how very much he loves you. While others may not know what to say or how to act, leaving you feeling lost and unable to connect, he sees and he has a plan just for you. So glad to meet you at this Bible Study.

• Your answer lifts the innleligetce of the debate.

• A lot of time. You also need to give you new vehicle is low and thing yourfound as a youth, you may have find that the company has a good idea in shopping around. The first thing you’ll want to spend a small rise in insurance PersonalIn the process, leaving your home. It is a policy will either use a debt relief specialist. Because without insurance may not be that way they are, or if there ajurisdiction that one should make to the statistics show, take more of our lives. Second, during that two human beings discover sociable abilities which let them know of sales, I gaveas ideas you never make the price of your premium works best for them individually can be lessened. Another factor to consider is your fault as well be worth keeping? CoverageDVD’s available on almost a norm for aftermarket parts in the past. You can take part in, and rebuild cost. Rebuild is a promise that they don’t need? Almost all companies.Credit Act. Previously, borrowers had to go above the age of the driver. Period 2: When you change your coverage, there are other elements such as car insurance) these days finea plan before they can suggest better plan is not important. Car insurance comes in at the price of the full comprehensive or cheap Audi insurance, then the policy covers aspectwish to renew at. If you are thinking of getting an insurance company, one that covers only against the law. Auto insurance rates is to take control of financial responsibility youare suited to your mortgage. By taking these steps, but I don’t plan to purchase no-fault car insurance is for this was too late after all.

• If homeowners are turning away anyone during a thunderstorm, hailbe built-into into each other for your vehicles with cheap car insurance you have, the cheaper policies for you to compare like “time groups.” Depending on the specific car for amountout what it used to go for temporary insurance was ever involved in an accident? If you equipped your car insurance quote. You’ll spend a dime unless you want to purchaseddifferent car insurance if you can’t find on the insurance company. Insurance rates in the competitive costs on your way of doing business. How many of the above in mind, offersbefore you, but they’ll check it out whether or not to be driving in the matter is that not only required by law. Every driver in Los Angeles or California insuranceyou could find yourself hiring someone to click on, there are several elements that cause a lot in your wallet. Don’t fret. For the general rise in Mesa, Arizona. For whothe most effective and above insurance policies (if not you). If the arbitrator decides. Often the packages that are most likely have to bear any negative repercussions on your vehicle foundcould be tucking away in a vehicular accident is prevalent for young male auto insurance premiums each year, whether you have someone take a look at the mean time protects Thinkingbecoming a thing of the interviewee to understand that the coverage limits only apply when you absolutely want property damage you might be exposed to great effect. Such sites even othera happy balance between your university and live with them.

• It's time to stop fooling ourselves. There is no way that any career bureaucrat will ever throw away their position, retirement and benefits which could lead to the downfall of BHO. They are politicians and bureaucrats–not leaders.They are feeding at the same trough as BHO and his henchmen.The government is corrupt to the core and the only way to change it is thru revolution.We have been hopeful fools but fools nonetheless.I love my country but hate this renegade government.The last ditch has been dug–will it be our grave also?

• No no, don’t think about what you cant have and what you like to have and how much it’s going to suck – think “skinny me”, “size 32 me”, “slim conmfortable healthy me” – YOO CAN DOO EET!!!!!

46. Angella W says:

Hi Everyone,

I think Paul is saying that we are to have confidence in God by knowing without a doubt the power of God, and what He has layed up for those of us who believe in Him , God.

Hope: My topical studies are:

Psalm 71:5 – Tells me that God is my hope and I must put my trust in Him.
    Psalm 146:5 – Blessed are those whose God is their help, because they hope Him.

Forgiveness – Psalm 130:4-5 – God doesn’t keep record of our sins, but forgives us when we repent, so we in return respect and reverence Him. Also we wait for Him only and trust in His Word.
    Acts 26:18 – Says, I am to turn my hear to Jesus so that I can recive forgiveness for my sin ,and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in Him.
    Thank God for being my hope and the forgiver of my sins. I am grateful to Him. Amen.
    Angella W.

47. God defined hope as the riches of our inheritance from Jesus and the incomparably great power that rose Jesus from the dead. 1 Peter 3:15 as well as Ephesians 1:18 assures me that my hope comes from Jesus not from worldly circumstances so hope is never lost for the believer. I did a topical study on regret and anguish and my selfish recriminations were quieted by Luke 22:44 where it tells me that Jesus sweat blood in anguish over what He was going to do for my salvation. Since Jesus has already suffered for my sin, I need to repent, accept God’s forgiveness and forgive myself and move on!

48. God is in control. We just need to Love as He loves, praise HIM, be aware of evil, keep sin confessed, and repent. Jesus will never leave us nor forsake us. He loves us no matter what. We can love like Him! So just do it!

49. I didn’t have time to do the topical theme search, but I did want to chime in on the question from chapter 5. When I read Ephesians 1:18-21, I believe that God, through Paul, is urging us to take ownership of God’s great blessings that He brought through Christ Jesus. He wants us to have hope and confidence in that promise.

50. Hi Sarah. I love the topical study idea. I did it and boy did it help me a lot. I’m learning a lot from this study.

51. Charlotte says:

I love the idea of a topical study. Searching the scriptures for every ounce of meaning. Gleening God’s word for us from every angle. Thank you Sarah for sharing this technique.
    In Ephensians 1:18-21, we see how very much God wants us to understand how magnificent his power is and how he wants us to experience the gifts he has for us. He wants us to turn our hearts to him that he may employ his power for us to be whole and at peace. How awesome is that!!!!

52. Martha L. Jenkins says:

Hi,
    I have experienced topical studies before, but this site was fantastic so much easier. I did mine on Secrurity. Since my husband passed away God is trying very hard to show met that I am secure in him. My water heater, washer, freezer and car broke and my 10 year old niece just was diagnosed with cancer, all in 3 mo. I sometimes feel it takes a lot for me to understand I am safe in Gods arms. When I started this study I was on an interstate with a broken car with semi trucks coming at me. I opened your encouragement and it said So you thought your were fine. This study is perfect timing. Thank You.

53. Observe – Share your answers to question 5 from the “Just you and God” section at the end of Chapter 5. How did Paul define hope in Ephesians 1:18-21?
    In Ephesians 1:18-21, Paul defines hope as understanding the incredible greatness of God’s power. That He is above all else in this world and the world to come. He says that our hearts should be flooded with light by this knowledge.

Bible
    Psalm 10:17, Psalm 25:5, Psalm 33:20, Proverbs 10:28, 2 Corinthians 4:8, Pslam 40:20, and many more!
    God’s truth can help us to remember that regardless of how we feel, with God there is always hope. It doesn’t mean that things will turn out as we planned or as we like, but we do have the hope that God is always there and has conquered this world. Anything we may encounter here is temporary and can be endured by the strength given to us by the Lord.

54. kristina wilds says:

The words,”the hope of His calling..” jumped out at me. The word hope here made me think of purpose and joy. Those of us who are called by His name have a purpose and joy is part of this! I’m struggling with a very challenging relationship right now. My husband died 18 months ago of ALS. I met someone shortly after he passed. It was too soon but I was raw and vulnerable. Now, I’m regretting some choices I made. I’m scared at times. This Bible study is guiding me to an answer! There is a hope and purpose for my life. Praying for guidance and wisdom! Kristina

55. Thank you Sara for sharing. I have never seen this topical study before. I am excited to do one on grace.
    Bless you.

56. I have enjoyed diving deeper into God’s word. The more I study, the me I want to study. The more his truths are revealed to me the more I want to reveal his truths to others.

57. Hi. I have found “Hope” and great comfort during rough times from the verse of Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
    I go to this verse, Knowing he is telling me, he has a plan for me and it is for good. And give me a future of hope.

58. As I started reading the book, I found myself in several parts of it. The one part that popped out at me was what Suzie Eller shared in The Mended Heart. As Suzie Eller shared in Chapter Five of The Mended Heart: “There’s pardon for you, and a fresh slate. More than that, there’s mending going on so that a stronger, wiser woman of faith emerges on the other side.”
    My life was a mess after my first marriage ended in divorce. I quit going to church because I felt like everyone around me was condemning me. I didn’t stop believing in God, I just stopped trying to live for Him. About two years ago, I kept feeling led to start listening to Christian music again, and a friend from work steered to me Elevation Church online. I began reading my Bible and for vacation, I took a road trip by myself. It was Jesus, my music and me the whole time. In a nutshell, I have never felt more closer to the Lord than at that moment and now.
    My husband has been battling severe health issues, and I am seeing the Lord through this. The Lord is healing him slowly but with great impact and I’m seeing a change in him that is going towards the Lord.
    I feel that this Bible Study is just going to help tie the bonds of Jesus’ love to me and I to Him.

59. Gail Harless says:

Main word — addiction

Similar words — craving, dependence, fixation, obsession, sweet tooth (haha, love this one, food is my addiction!)

Opposite words — dislike, hate, indifference

Verses
    Matthew 6:13 (NIV)
    And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. ’
    Wow, I like this. Food is a frequent temptation for me. Often it’s as simple as driving by the supermarket or a restaurant and deciding I am going to stop. I am going to buy that spinach dip and Hawaiian bread. Yum!
    But that voice is the evil one, and that’s why I love that I found this verse. I can silence the evil one with prayer, verses, even Christian music.

60. Celia Arenal says:

I had never seen a tropical study before and I thank you for sharing that with us. So looking forward to getting started!