I AM the Light {Week 2}

“Finding I AM” Study Leader, Stacy Lowe | Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies | #FindingIAM #P31OBSHey, y’all! I’m Stacy Lowe, coming to you from Virginia Beach, Va., and I’ll be your study leader for this week!

First of all, I have to ask — who took Lysa TerKeurst’s Prayer Challenge from Day 2 last week? If you haven’t already, be sure to check that out, and then see how it can help carry you through these next few weeks. 🙂

Moving on to THIS week, we’ll dig in to our second “I AM” statement of Jesus: “I AM the light.” What better way to begin than with a discussion between author Lysa TerKeurst and some OBS ladies, including one who “puts the fun in dysfunction.” You’ll see what I mean. Take a look at this video! (OH! And did ya hear all our OBS videos are closed captioned? Because they sure are! If you need help accessing the captions, click here.)

If you can’t view the video above, click here to watch on YouTube.

I don’t know about y’all, but since going to the Holy Land is on my “hopefully one-day-MAYBE-if-I’m-lucky I’ll get to do it list,” I am BEYOND excited that these videos let me see some of the very places Jesus Himself walked while on this earth! Even better, here is a FREE map you can download, showing you just where Jesus made each of His 7 “I AM” statements. How cool is that?

Now, one last thing before I go: Have you downloaded the Study Companion yet? You’ll want to print Week 2, and be sure to keep it handy so you’re in the know for all our OBS happenings, including when our next teaching video will be shared!

Alright, y’all, here’s to another great week of study! See you in the comments!

~Stacy

Have you used a map in Bible study before? How can it help you in your study?

Comments

1. SandraAnn Clark says:

I’ve used several different maps before so that I can put things logically together. In order for me to understand as fully as I can, I study Biblical history and a Jewish customs as well as plot things on the maps piecing things together to complete the story, at least what God wants to reveal to me each time I dig in.

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

SandraAnn, Wow that is amazing! It’s amazing to pinpoint in scripture where things take place. The reality of these stories come to life! What are some other history or customs that you have learned about Jesus? Please share a couple if you can. Thank you so very much !

• SandraAnn Clark says:

One of the very first things I remember digging into and mapping out to the b St of my ability was the Tower of Babel and the happenings in Daniel in Babylonia. In our small group at our home we did an extensive study on Revelations and I became intrigued at knowing where some of the events happened back then as to what these lands were now — for instance most know that Babylonia is now modern day Iraq and that during the most recent US war involvement during Sadam Hussein’s reign there was controversy over the grounds where what is believed to be remains of the Tower of Babel.

Also, in studying the Garden of Eden and its approximate location through scripture description I’ve tried to map out where I think it is in the Mesopotamia region/modern day Iraq stretching out encompassing Israel, Jerusalem, the Dead Sea the four rivers scripture speaks of and down into Ethiopia.

I enjoy Learning the history and customs of the Jewish nation and peoples so that “blanks” can be filled in for our understanding. Sometimes mapping things out when it relates to things yet to come is very exciting!

• I totally agree. I love the history aspect as that helps to better understand and relate to the Bible. I love that Lysa also takes that approach in this study.

• I agree with SandraAnn and Michele’s comments. I really do like this map showing where each of the I AM statements were made. And I also like learning about the history and customs; they help make things clearer at times. Thank you so much for the great map!

• I do use maps when I study the Bible. I love to visualize everything it helps me learn. I love maps. I however am not a techy and prefer paper. I know they make fun of me at church all the time. I am old school. Lol
      I am so loving this study so far.

2. I’ve never used a map in a bible study before. This is my first time using one in a bible study.

3. Astrid Mitchell says:

I never used a map for a study. I really believe it will help me to see where Jesus walked with His disciples. woow

4. Marilyn Marie P31 O~Team says:

No I haven’t used a map for studying the Bible on my own. But my pastor has used maps during sermons along with conference speakers. I’m forward to using one now

5. Carla J Frey says:

Never used one before nor had the desire but this study has really stirred the intimacy in my relationship with Jesus and I know want to know and see all I can!!!

6. I’ve never studied the maps along with a study. Seeing the.videos and matching the study with the map makes for a more intimate journey…

7. Have not use map like this. Thank you great illustration !
    Just now not sure how much can put in with study, my mom passed Jan 24th. 🙁
    after long battle. We thank the Lord that she is with Him !! Blessed Hope we have through Yeshua!
    Has been hard, we got to see her last months..
    Now have to fly back home soon and much to prep for oversees trip, and care for mother in law here
    what still needs.
    God bless you all ~

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Romy, We are heartbroken for you loss! Praying God will give you peace with his presence during this difficult time. We understand how this will take your time away from the study. Maybe after things settle you can go back and read the book on your own. Right now be with your family and loved ones. We are always here for you. Have a safe travels. Biggest hugs ?!!!!!

• Melissa Taylor says:

Dear Romy,
      I’m so sorry about the loss of your mom. I was in your shoes 7 years ago. Take care of you. Take time to grieve and be with your family.
      I love how even though you are going through a difficult time, your words show that you still believe, you still give thanks and your hope remains strong in God. What a testimony that is to all of us. You are being a light to the world, we can see Jesus in you!

Praying for you and your family,
      Melissa

• I am so sorry for your loss. God bless and keep you and your family in his hands

• Praying for you Romy! May you feel God’s arms wrapped around you as prepare for your trip and take care of your mother-in-law.

• Jenn Wolfenbarger says:

Praying for you! I lost my mom six years and two months ago. I can only imagine the pain you are experiencing. I am happy you have a strong faith to give you strength and guidance…and that you were able to spend time with your mom in her last months. May God’s Peace be with you and your family.

• Romy – I understand as I lost my mom 5 years ago. I’m thankful for all the time I had with her and what she taught me. I reflect often on what I learned from her. I am praying for you through this difficult time. One great piece of advice that I got was to ask for help. When people offer to help… take them up on it.

• MaryAnn Blevins says:

Oh, Romy, so sorry to hear about the passing of your mom. My mother past away last March and I still have grieving moments. I will be praying for you, dear Friend.

8. I occasionally use maps in Bible study. I think they are helpful to see where the events in the Bible take place.

9. Brandy Ward says:

It helps you put the locations in perspective, and see the long distances Jesus traveled in His ministries.

10. Thank you for sharing with us another great devotional study. I have never used the map for illustration on the bible before but this one give me a great perspective of how Jesus journey was and how important it is to us.

• Kristy Turner says:

I am excited about doing a study with a map, too! Between this and Lysa’s videos I feel like I’m really there!! Blessings!

11. I have been exposed to Bible maps before. I enjoy seeing where the location of stories take place. Some places are significantly more important than others because some locations have special meaning. For example, the location where Jesus was crucified. I also like comparing old Israel with the modern Israel.

12. Lauren Bradshaw says:

I have seen maps used before in teaching by Sunday school teachers, pastors, and teachers in school. I love using them because it gives me a better visual of where they traveled and what they did. I love this one and will save it. To see where all Jesus went and where He said each I am statement is amazing.

13. Karon Fluharty says:

The map is a super idea. Visualizing where Jesus said the statements and with whom is helpful. Thanks for providing another tool to understand Jesus’ journey as HE walked the earth.

14. Thanks for the map and the videos are soooo beautiful and useful! Thanks this is such a great Bible Study!

hi Ludovica,
      We are so happy you are enjoying the study and the map too! There is so much we are learning! God bless

15. Jerushah W says:

I have not, This will be my first. I printed it and I love using it to see where the story leads. And super excited to add it to my maybe in the future to do list.

16. Cindy Barton says:

I am also one of those who hasn’t put much thought into the maps in the back of my bible. I am going to give this a try and see what God wants to show me through it.

17. Sharee Gaiser says:

Every Bible I own has maps at the back. I’ve looked at them but have never used them during my Bible study. I never saw the relevance until today. I guess they help give context and help to make the story more real, in that it actually took place in a real location. Added to our view of the location on Lysa’s videos, I can visualise Jesus right there. I love getting a sens of the time and place. It brings things to life in the near and now.

• Audrey Pearson says:

I agree! I too have not understood the relevance of the maps until so simply explained in this video. I especially love the idea of how the placement of Old and New Testament happenings can be compared.

18. Patricia Eddings says:

I have referred to the map during bible study but do not use it very often.

19. I have never used a map with a bible study but I feel it will be very useful and helpful to see and pinpoint the locations of all where Jesus traveled during his I AM statements!

20. Brenda Pisco says:

I looked over the map and I am also amazed on how far Christ walked, his strength did come from the father.

21. Donna Morris says:

I have use a Map one time years ago in Sunday School. Never look at maps at the back of my Bible. I have downloaded this map and I feel this will be very helpful seeing the places with this study.

22. So excited about the map!! I love maps and this one is full of so much visual info! Thank you for making it available!

Just a question… which email had links to all of the. Study companions? I can’t find week 2! ?

• Stacy Lowe, P31 OBS Study Leader says:

Hey Claudis!

It’s the same link as in today’s post. That one link will take you to the plan for each week of study 🙂

23. Janet Jackson says:

My NIV Bible has maps of cities and countries. I love digging a little deeper and seeing Jerusalem where Jesus walked and how far the trip was for Mary and Joseph from Nazareth to Bethlehem. Maps kind of make me feel like I’m there.

24. Andrea Smith says:

Never used as map in bible study as I have never done a traditional bible study before.
    Side note~~ thank you so much for this!! I am learning soooooo much!!! My heart and my soul have felt so heavy lately and this along with His word is filling me up!!

25. I’m not very good with maps, full disclosure, but I’m excited for Jesus to reveal his footsteps through this downloadable map! Thank you Proverbs 31 Ministry!✝️??

• Stacy Lowe, P31 OBS Study Leader says:

You’re not alone, Tere! I’m not super great with them either. But we don’t need to be for this one 🙂

26. Keri Rakoce says:

My NIV study bible has maps but I am terrible with them. I’m horrible with any map. Thank you for this!

27. Rachel Pike says:

Great reminder for me to desire Jesus over all esp during this 6 mo food trial. I really niss milk products right now instead of turning my heart to Jesus during those hard moments. This was what i needed to hear.

28. I have always liked maps. Ready for week 2!

29. Audrey Pearson says:

I have never used a map before even though my study software and Bibles have them, but putting together the Old and New Testament happenings could certainly add insight into why Jesus may have chosen a place to give His message. What a wonderful perspective. Thank you for this gift.

30. Pamela Sparks says:

I am excited to USE this map – simple and easy to follow the footsteps of Jesus. Thank you for this gift! Mine is downloading now and will go inside my book as I study this week (and going forward).

31. Angeline Roberts says:

I am loving this study, but I have to comment on the videos. I love watching Lysa and have come to rely on Melissa and Nikki, but Kendra is so great. I mean it in the best way, she is such a lovable dork! I am so happy to see you (Kendra) more often in the weekly videos. Keep up the good work, Ladies!!

• Stacy Lowe, P31 OBS Study Leader says:

Isn’t she awesome?? In fact, they all are! So glad you’re enjoying the study! 🙂

32. Hi all! I’m lost. Today I opened to page 38 and it says “watch video session 2…”. O can’t find it. The only video I’ve gotten is the chat with Lysa and the OBS girls. Where can I find it?

• The videos you want are sent out on Fridays via email and on the Friday blog. Hope that helps. And don’t worry about feeling lost. I was right there with you at first. ?

• Gosh, thank you for this. I have come into the study a week late due to living overseas and waiting for my book to arrive. Thank you so much for clarifying this. I too, was feeling a bit lost and wondering why I couldn’t “see” what every one else was ha! Blessings to you each! Very much enjoying the study so far.

33. Good morning ladies. I have used maps in the past to teach 4th & 5th grade Sunday School, but ironically have never used maps for personal Bible study. I’m excited to use this one!

34. Love the map – thank you for sharing – loving this study and the hour teachings!

35. Oh yes! It is wonderful to be able to see where the towns are that Jesus visited. To be able to see distances puts everything in perspective.

36. My old bible had a map and it would be fun (to me at least lol) to get on that map and see where they were talking about. I just got a new bible for Christmas and it doesnt have a map like in my old bible so I will definitely be downloading and printing this one and figuring a way to post it in my bible.

hi Traci,
      Thats great that you are familiar with using maps in your old bible. We think its fun to look at them too! hope you are able to download ours and enjoy using it throughout this study! God bless

37. P31 O-Team Kara Miller says:

Using a map is not something I have done on a regular basis, but I have used one to look up locations to give me better insight into how the different locations link together. I love that my study Bible has maps in it for easy reference!

38. Theresa Mason says:

I have used them in the past on occasion when following the paths of someone/event I was reading. I would like to form a habit of referencing them more often in my studies because they really add a new depth & dimension to the learning.

39. I’m excited to download and start using the map. I’m like Melissa – I’ve looked at the maps at the back of my Bible, but never paid a lot of attention or saw the importance of it.

40. Having this map resource is a true blessing to me. I tend to geek out on this stuff, so this was a very warm, heart-happy for me. Thank you!

hi Faith,
      ha! we “geek” out too over our maps…glad you are enjoying our study…God bless

41. I have never really used a map while studying God’s Word. HOWEVER, I love maps. There are two large old pull down antique school maps hanging on my living room wall! One is a USA map and the other a WORLD map.
    I will start using this one as I study. Thank You for the download.

42. Susan Kolb says:

I have looked at maps at different times to see where something was that was mentioned in the Bible. But I do not think I have ever made it a point to have a map at hand while I study. I will now!

43. Jennifer W. says:

The only other time I used a map was during the conference call series for the P31 OBS study of Lisa’s book, When Women Walk by Faith. The information she shared did deepen my understanding of the Mount of Olives and its significance as a location.

44. Thank you for this map…this is awesome!!

45. becky huffman says:

I really enjoyed last weeks video,” I am the bread of life” and the homework. This morning I was looking for the same type of video for “I am the Light of the world”. Am I missing something? Thank you for the short video this morning and the beautiful map. This is my first online bible study.

• Stacy Lowe, P31 OBS Study Leader says:

Hey there, Becky! Don’t you worry- you haven’t missed a thing! Our teaching videos from Lysa will be featured in each Friday’s blog. Our “I AM the Light” video will be this Friday 🙂

46. Lisa Herbstreit says:

I joined Wendy Pope Read Through the Word bible study reading through entire bible in 2015 and used maps provided in previous studies I had done…agree I am a visual learner so hear videos & using a map brings a deeper dimension to the wisdom gained in studying God’s Word

47. Cheketa Hall says:

No I have never used a map to study the Bible. I found this map to be really interesting… will start now.

48. Jill Eulo says:

Hi Stacey. I too live in VB,VA. Would love to talk with you more. Anyway, in doing a Disciple 1,II class we used maps to discern the distance that Jesus walked, where the battles where etc. It is amazing, considering all of our worldy technology of our time that someone would have to walk for days to get from A to B. When you think of the climate and terrane it almost seems impossible. It lends to the strength and vision HE had to bring the WORD to the world.

49. Jasmine Rodriguez says:

Yes!! 🙂 I love to see the maps in my bible especially when my pastor speaks I can pin point exactly where Jesus was. It’s a super cool visual! 🙂

50. Linda Jones:) says:

Wow! A fun map! I can’t wait to print it!! I am loving the series so far. Thanks everyone and have a great week!!

51. April Clemons says:

No I’ve never used a map before but can’t wait to use it with this study!

52. Micah Dodd says:

I’ve never really used the map in my Bible except in one Study a few years of Beth Moore’s, some of the study questions required the use of the map. I think doing so could really enrich my studying though, just seeing that the places talked about in Scripture are real, tangible places that you could really go and visit really just brings the Scriptures to life and reminds me that these stories in the Bible aren’t really stories at all in the traditional sense. But they are real accounts of real people interacting with a real God. It’s a beautiful realization.

53. Amy Thompson says:

No, I’ve never used a map, I’ve always found them to be way confusing. But, I’m excited about this one because I like making the connection of where Jesus was when He walked this earth and spoke the words in the Bible.

54. Laura Fowkes says:

NEVER have I actually utilized a map to its fullest during Bible Study. This just brings it to a whole new level! Its crazy how maps are all over our Bibles but not utilized as a key piece in our tool belts of studying the word. Why don’t people start with the map and dig into it as they lead a Bible Study? I’m amazed and excited to find ways to incorporate maps into my everyday study of the Word.

hi Laura,
      Yes we agree using our maps will bring this study to a whole new level, deeper and more meaningful! Your suggestion is great for use in bible studies as well …God bless

55. I have used a map in my study of Joshua to see exactly how the land was divided and where the people went. Very cool!

56. So I’m super excited about this week, and especially about the map of I Am statements. I have a degree in geography and I LOVE maps. I was hoping that one day I would be a cartographer (map maker). That unfortunately did not come to fruition. As you can imagine though I’ve got tons of maps. Maps tell us so much about a location and direction. We can use this example in our daily lives with Jesus. Maps also change all the time just like our lives do. But Jesus is our true map. He guides and directs us, and shows us how and where to live. I love that!!!

57. I have never used a map before but it will be interesting to be able to see the spots that Jesus stood

58. Nancy Steiler says:

I recently started looking at maps to see the history from long ago, because I just didn’t connect the dots as to where this whole civilization came from. It has helped me immensely understanding how religions formed in the first place.

59. Rachel Tarr says:

I love to use maps and since I have traveled to these places (and am going again next week), it is fun to follow along. I will be taking the map and the Bible study with me on this trip and it will be a good way for me to connect the two as I am there. It is amazing to see how much ground Jesus was able to cover as we go in buses rather than walking the whole way. I can honestly tell you His spirit still exists in that place. You can feel it everywhere you go. Thank you for this study. It means a lot. I am doing this with a group at church and the videos are helping them see the Holy Land in a different way.

60. Kathy Ginn Attaway says:

I love getting to see the map because then I feel like I’m there and I can trace the steps of Jesus work and his ministry .it is such a blessing for me to have this Bible study each and every day and I look forward to the second week

61. Audra Heinman says:

I have NEVER used a map in my study of The Bible before. I have seen them but never once given them more than a passing glance. I think it was more of “I have no idea where any of this even is” than “I don’t care where it all happened”, but there was some of that in there also!

I’m looking forward to seeing where Jesus said the I AM statements and learning more about The Holy Land.

62. Melinda Benn says:

I have used a map in the past, when I was studying Acts and 1 and 2 Thessalonians as it helped to see where the Apostle Paul was travelling. I find having a map so helpful, as I can visualize where the author is speaking from, and I am able to look up further information about the town or the place where they are. This map is extremely helpful when studying the I AM statements, to know not just the context of when Jesus said these statements, but to see where! Thanks!

63. I am not. I’ve glanced at them but never tried to put it with the text. I am a visual learner and now thinking about it this will let me see it better and make it more real to me.

64. Roxanne Ingvertsen-Daley says:

Absolutely love the visualization on a map. Still use them today even with high tech. Makes me feel like I am there and when Lysa talks about Jesus walking from place to place and how long it takes makes it even more real!

65. Amy "Beloved" says:

I would glance at the maps, but I never really got into them for some reason. I am going to give this one a try. I am excited to see where he said this I AM statements.

By the way, did anyone get to watch Video Session 2? I didn’t receive the link in my email like I did for last weeks.’ I’ll have to go on without it today.

66. Traci Smith says:

I haven’t used a map in my own studies before, but have seen them used in Sunday School. I am going to use Lysa’s map as well as others that I have access to while doing bible study because I feel that it makes the experience more meaningful and real.

67. Cindy Bogenrief says:

My heart and head have come to the place when one says, “You Lord, my, I AM. Be my only true bread, be my only true light. I am very excited to travel along Jesus journey by foot. One day I will go to this very land (on my wish list), So the teachings and map journey will be very interesting.

68. Hey Stacy! I’m so excited to dig into our next “I Am” statement in John. Even though I have studied these statements before, Lysa is teaching me much I didn’t know. It doesn’t matter how long we have studied God’s Word, He brings something fresh and new every time.

And I can’t wait till our Teaching Series on Wednesday where we will dig even deeper into “I Am the Light of the World” using both the gospel of John and the First Letter of John. Look forward to being with everyone Wednesday!! If you haven’t signed up, please join us.

69. Sheri Hagen says:

Somehow I can’t seem to find the Study Guide download for week 2. What am I missing?

70. I love the map and the different locations where Lysa filmed for the study. It brings the study to real life! I love history and learning about the different locations.

71. I love the map. I have used maps before in some studies but not too many. I think it’s very interesting to see the areas though.

72. I’ve never used a map in bible study. It could be something new to suggest. The thought of knowing where Jesus walked & taught would help better connect in any bible grp. Just watching the 2nd video if lysa in Capernum made me feel in the present.

73. Yes, the one in the back of the Bible that show the children of Israel’s journey. It was eye opening to see how close they were to the promise land physically but so far away spiritually.

74. Elaina Willard says:

No, I have never used a map when studying the bible. This is new and exciting!

75. I love being able to see a map of where Jesus was. It helps me visualize as I’m studying!

76. I have wanted to use a map as I study the Bible but I never have. I am interested to see how the connections to Jesus’ words and places help me understand better about His significance and the significance of His miracles. Thanks for the map. I will be using it!

77. Rebecca S Kraft says:

I have not ever used a map during Bible Study. But I am appreciative to have this new tools so I can see where Jesus’s seven I AM statements where said. I like having a geographical location. And I’m recording this journey in my King James Bible, as it is my only Bible with map in it. It is a good cross reference for me to use to reflect on the I AM statements spoken. Thank you for sharing with our group. Much appreciated.

hi Rebecca,
      We are grateful you are enjoying our study with us, and able to reference your bible maps as well! You are most welcome and God bless

78. Barb Hendrickson says:

Yes, I have used a map many times through the years because of the various Bible studies I’ve done. I love the spiritual and educational connection that a map provides. Thank you for providing it for us!

79. I’ve never used a map before and am excited to have everything become even more real to me. I would love to someday go to Israel, but Lysa being there and sharing with us is wonderful! I’m so thankful I came across this study,it’s just what I need at this time!

80. Shayn Polley says:

Thank you for the map–I think it adds another layer of perspective and understanding to studying God’s word.

81. Danya Brittingham says:

I’ve never used a map in bible study before, but it will give me a visual perspective.

82. Candi Barcus says:

I have used the maps before, but not for a bible study. I am so loving this study! God placed it in my life at a time it was very much needed!

83. I have never really used maps before they were juat one more thing to do. I just wanted to rwad the Bible BUT this map yes might be an addition to my purse as well. I love it! It is very clear and plain easy to read and use. Thank you.

84. I’ve never used maps in a bible study before.

I love the maps though. I like seeing where Jesus was in relationship to present day.
    That was always the first place I went in the Bible, was to the maps, even as a little girl.

85. Tina Harris says:

I truly enjoyed last week and am anxious for this weeks study! Thank you so much for the map! It will be interesting to put it together with scripture.

86. I am map challenged. I can get lost holding a map in my hands. Google Maps is a good friend to me! 🙂 I am, however, excited to look at this map and use it as a study tool.

87. I am currently doing the Luke study with my husband. There are a couple of maps in the study so we have looked over the map while studying. Before this study, I hadn’t really sought out a map in the back of the bible….I’ve only referenced one if it was on the same page of whatever section I was reading.

Thank You Lysa and P31 for including the free map!!! I’ve just printed mine out to have to reference throughout the rest of our study 😀

88. Amy Princess says:

I LOVE that map. Thank you so much!!!

89. Great map!

90. Are the week 2 phone lock screens and facebook banner posted for access here on the site because the email I received with links to them, I couldn’t access since my computer indicated the site was corrupted with viruses and spyware…. Ugh… Such my luck lol

91. I love the map!

92. Would you mind sharing what your group you use when planning your trips to Israel?

93. Did anyone see the “lowdown” for the week? It mentioned the companion study guide but I didn’t see a page to load for the weekly events.

94. I did take Lisa’s prayer challenge. I may have missed a day, but I will continue with it. I truly love this prayer, and it is exactly what I want. I’ve prayed similar prayers for awhile. Still waiting to hear….

I have never used a map in a study. It is very helpful to understand where thing take place, and so interesting to see where Jesus was. I love that you can pinpoint so many places, and to actually be there in person would be so amazing. It’s so much more meaningful with the map. I’m so thankful for this study.

95. Yes, I have been doing Lysa’s prayer challenge & love it. I love using maps while reading the Bible! This is so helpful…Thank you!

96. Chloe Myers says:

I have never used a map in my Bible Study before. I can see how it could be helpful. I know for me actually seeing or being in a place where history occurs makes it come to life so a map would be the next best thing to being in the actual Holy Land.

97. No, but it would probably bring more meaning to scripture.

98. I have never used a map. I am excited to have this. Thank you

99. Sandy Wagoner says:

I am not a map kinda girl. I am terrible at reading maps. I am even worse at folding maps!! I have never used a map to do a study on my own but I did have a study once at my church that used a map to show the path taken as Moses led the people out of Egypt and that was beneficial. I love looking at where Jesus really was and what is was like so I am enjoying the maps.

100. Roz Barrett says:

Hi – a quick question- I’m struggling to find this weeks teaching video; where should I look. Last week I watched it by clicking on the link on Friday’s catch up. Today, I’ve watched the OBS group chat video but still I’m searching for the video to week two. Also last weeks subject was I am the bread of life but the video posted on Friday was a beautiful intro from Israel but it didn’t include teaching on that subject so did I miss a video? Figuring this has to be easier than I’m making it cuz you guys are excellent at this. Tks

• I am searching for the same thing?? My book says there is a week 2 teaching video but all I am seeing is an additional “conference call” series on Wednesdays for $14.99?

• I hope this helps. When you click on the link, it will give you Weeks 1-5. You can then see what is happening each day in that week. The Israel videos come on Fridays. You’ll get it figured out ☺️!

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Hi Roz and Hannah! We are so happy that you asked your questions! The video for this week on I Am The Light of the World will be shown on this Friday’s Blog. The video for each week is shown at the end of the week. Another helpful tool we have is the Study Companion which you can print out each week to keep you in the know for what is happening each day of the week! You can also find that link on today’s blog with Stacy. Enjoy you study ladies and may you feel God’s blessings each and every day.

101. Sesalie Grimes says:

I’m not really a map person which is odd considering I’m so bad at directions lol but having this map with the study helps put things in perspective for me! It looks like a lot of walking was going on!

102. Yes I have used maps during bible studies. It’s kind of neat to see the locations where Jesus walked in His ministry. Following the map gives the study a personal touch.

103. I’m so confused (this is my first online Bible study). Where is this week’s teaching? I watched the 5 minute video talking about the teaching, but I can’t find the actual teaching. Don’t they come out on Mondays? Thanks so much for your help!

104. Bethany Martin says:

I have actually not really used a map when studying the Bible before, but this study has showed me how neat it is to actually have an idea of where Jesus was when He made these 7 statements! I hope everyone has a blessed Monday! 🙂

105. I have not used a map very often but I have wanted to for a long time. I am grateful that OBS is including maps in this study.

106. This morning as I was watching the video, my husband heard Lysa say “Jacob’s Well” and because he had watched Friday’s video with me, came over to the iPad to see Jacob’s Well. I told him he’ll have to watch again with me on Friday to see! He is going to Israel in 2 weeks, so these videos have pulled him in and are getting him so excited to go!

Love the map! Really brings perspective of place!

107. I have not used a map in a bible study before. I think seeing it drawn out on the map helps me to understand how physically demanding it was for Jesus and his disciples to walk through out Israel. Can you imagine if we had to walk all over out city, county, state or country to talk to one another? I think we taken for granted how blessed we are to be able to share the message of Jesus through the internet and connect with other Christians from all over the world in this OBS.

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Hi Jeralyn, This map is really neat in how it shows some of the travels of Jesus. It would be hard to walk everywhere you went miles and miles just to visit and talk to others. We have taken a lot for granted. It is a blessing to have OBS and technology to share Jesus all over the world with everyone in an easier and faster way. But that personal face to face interaction is still so important and means so much more to people dont you think?

108. Laurie Holcomb says:

Thank you for this map. I too know that they are in the back of my bible, but usually choose to dismiss them, instead wanting to focus on the scripture. This map really puts things in perspective – I imaged this land area a lot bigger!

109. I’m excited to start week 2.. week one was rough I’m a little behind but I’m not giving up. This is my first study so I’m still trying g to figure things out.. I ask for prayer and a few tips to help me out .. ❤

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Hi Mary! Please don’t give up! You got this girl! One of the tools we have is the Study Companion which will let you know what is going on each day of the week. You can find this link on the Blog post from today. This way you can see what is offered and then choose what works for you. Prayers for you and blessings as you continue your first online Bible study! 🙂

• I’m behind as well, but determined to keep going…making it easier knowing others are too 🙂

110. I have used a map in Bible study only a few times. I am excited to actually see where Jesus said the I AM statements. Thank you for the map 🙂

111. I am really having a hard time finding the video for week 2. I was only sent an email with the short 5 minute video but not the teaching one. I’ve searched and can’t find it. Any help would be appreciated!

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Hi Allison! Let me help you out! The video teaching with Lysa will be available on Friday’s Blog. Each week’s teaching video will be shown on Friday. A tool that we have that might also answer some of your questions is the Study Companion which you can find the link for on today’s blog. This can be printed out as well, to let you know what is going on each day of the week! We are so happy that you took the time to share your question on the blog. Have a great day!

112. Alana greer says:

Hello. I am having trouble, I can not find the video session week 2 for Finding I AM. All I am getting is the opening 5 minute video explaining why Lysa made her choices about where to film this week’s session. Please help!!!! Thank you

• I’m having the exact same problem. I’ve searched everywhere.

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Good Morning Alana! Help is here! Lysa’s teaching video for this week on I Am the Light of the World will be available on Friday’s blog post. The teaching videos for the week will always be shown on Friday. A good reference material that is available to guide you through your week is the Study Companion. The link for this is on today’s blog. One is available for each week throughout the study. We hope you continue to feel God’s blessings as you continue with your study. 🙂

Hey Alana!
      Keep an eye out on Friday for the video session that goes along with “I Am the Light”. It will be a part of the blog that day.
      We’re so excited for it! 🙂

113. I help teach high school religious education classes for our church. Yes, we use a map similar to this when we talk about Jesus’ ministry. A professors I know from the university we both work at was born in Egypt. He knows the region and is able to bring the map alive when I ask him to talk about where Jesus walked. The students enjoy seeing and hearing about the region and its culture as it relates to Jesus’ ministry.

114. Kathie Sawyer says:

I love having a map when I am studying my bible. I love the fact that this map shows where Jesus walked and where He said each of these I Am statements. Studying maps helps me to visualize the area, people etc. the more information I have the better I understand. I also read different versions of the Bible because it helps to understand the verse. Lisa’s videos from Israel are awesome, I can almost see myself there. ❤️

115. I have not used a map before in Bible study, but I have used a map when teaching religion at school. I teach 4th grade at my church’s Perish school and I have used a map to show kids how the land was decided between the decentants of Israel. It really helps my students put what we are learning to something real.

116. I have used a map before in previous Bible studies. I am a visual learner so seeing things and places, and using a map is very helpful in my understanding. Thank you for providing it!

117. This is my first time doing a Proverbs 31 online Bible study. Looking forward to the next I Am statement.

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Welcome Mary! We are SO happy you are joining us. This is an amazing study to start with. Blessings 🙂

118. I am excited to use the map this week. I have used a map before but usually do not. I did as much as I could last week of the study. Knowing who Jesus is, and especially right now is such a blessing for me. I am going trough such a terrible divorce as well as I am having and have had such difficult physical problem. Knowing and looking at who Jesus is gives me more to stand on. Some days can be very dark, so to know He is the light is a truth and blessing I need.

119. I haven’t received my book yet, is there any chance week 2 of the book will be posted online?

120. Sue Murphy says:

I love studying with a map. I have a book of maps(it is small enough to fit in my Bible) that has overlays of ancient Israel and modern Day Israel. It so helpful.

121. Took the challenge; wrote the prayer out on a card and dropped it in my purse. Even if I forget, it pops up at the perfect times. I’ve started to scribble notes on the back as God does little things that show He’s answering. It’s been a blessing. The map is great for perspective.

• Stacy Lowe, P31 OBS Study Leader says:

I LOVE how you’re using that! Isn’t it great how He brings things like that to mind just when we need it the most? Thanks for sharing that with us! 🙂

122. I have never used a map for Bible Study before. This is exciting to me and plan on sharing it with my family.
    Thank you!

123. I loved the map, but I”m having trouble finding Lisa TerKeurst video for the week. Where is it? How do I find it? I don’t think I have a website.

• Stacy Lowe, P31 OBS Study Leader says:

Hey Sue! This week’s video of Lysa teaching from the Holy Land will be shared in this Friday’s blog 🙂

124. Claudia Clawson says:

I have use maps when I study and it makes the places come alive. I like overlaying a map of today to see if anything has changed. I too want to go to the Holy Land. I have it on my list of things to do.

125. Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Hi Sue, the map is amazing. You should have received the link to her video in Fridays email that was sent out.

126. Anita Davis says:

My book will not be here until Feb 2nd…is there anything for week 2 posted online?

• I’m hoping there is as well, still waiting for my book too 🙂

• Stacy Lowe, P31 OBS Study Leader says:

Unfortunately, we were only given the Week 1 materials to share with you all online, but you can still follow along on the blog and just catch up when your books arrive 🙂

127. Marilyn Bucci says:

NP I haven’t used a map in Bible study,but using it will give you a visual of the place that is being discussed I believe.

128. Marilyn Bucci says:

129. April Helton says:

This bible study has been wonderful. I havent been able to dig as deep as I would like (I hope to be able to dig deeper this week and the weeks to come) because of that wonderful 4 letter word *LIFE*. 4 children and a full time job, its hard to get 30min of silence. I have aimed my studies for my lunch break at work, that has helped tremendously I just wish I had more time. The map is awesome!! I cant wait for my lunch break today!!

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Hang in there April! We are so glad you are enjoying this study. Life can be very hectic at times and the fact that you have set aside a time for your study is great! Blessings as you continue 🙂

130. Cindy Bryant says:

I am not find Lisa’s week 2 video, can you send it to me again

131. IRMA T ESPOSITO says:

I am not able to see the actual study videos only the intros. Where do I get them

• Stacy Lowe, P31 OBS Study Leader says:

Hey, Irma! Is it the teaching videos from Lysa you’re looking for? If so, those will be featured in each Friday’s blog this study. The most recent one can be found on this past Friday’s post and the newest one will be in this Friday’s 🙂

132. I have never used a map in Bible study before, but I am excited to now!! I am a very visual learner. Seeing the places on the videos and using the map the map is going to help enhance my learning even more. Thank you P31 for all of these wonderful resources you provide!!

133. Julie Bergstrom says:

Maps the Bible are fascinating and confusing at the same time.
    The map Lysa has provided is easy to understand; therefore, less confusing. Thank you Lysa

134. Danelle Drake says:

Being honest I have looked at maps before but have never walked thru a study with them. I have posted my map near my study area and have referred to it several times already. I ma loving this study! Thank you P31 for opening your hearts to each and every member of this study and for the wonderful resources you are providing.

135. Nope. It’s will help me envision where Jesus walked and what it would look like today. It’s will make it almost tangible.

136. Blessings to you all! I don’t recall ever using a map in any of my past bible studies. For sure I was one that looks at the map wondering why they are there, but never tried to used them. Thanks for the Map for this study it gives me a better picture of where Jesus walked. I wish one day I get to travel and follow this map, because the videos are surely encouraging me to want to travel and see for my self. Thanks Lysa.

137. I haven’t done a bible study with a map before, but there have definitely been times I’ve referred to the map in my bible when reading a passage to get a visual for where it took place. I’m excited to incorporate it in this OBS!

138. I enjoy using maps with Bible Study. Amazing to think of places that Jesus walked.

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Hi Melissa, it is amazing to connect the places the Jesus walked along with His Word! Makes it come more to life!

139. I have never used a map before in my studies. I am like Melissa, I see it and keep on flipping. I am excited to try this out and connect the two.

140. Wendy Boone says:

Never used a map in Bible Study before although I have reviewed and love looking at the maps, usually found in my Bible, when I’m looking at a story. I love that we have this map for this study. I’m a very visual person so it will help me to “connect the dots” if you will to where, when, etc. Thanks so much for providing this awesome tool!

141. Loretta Lineback says:

Yes! I just used them to track the journey from Moses leading the people out of Egypt. It sure helps give perspective that I wouldn’t have had otherwise.

142. Julie Meyers says:

I know that Jesus is our bread of life, but before this study, I just didn’t make that connection to the fullest extent that it is meant to be. Thank you for clearly connecting the dots in this study… especially how you were able to connect the old testament with the new testament in the Bible. Such an incredible and stirring realization! Looking forward to the next “I am” connection in Jesus Christ!

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Julie, we are so excited that this study is bringing new realizations to you! AMEN!!

143. I glance at the maps in my bible but I never used one in my study. I love this map though! The pinpoints of where Jesus said the different I AM statement brings the study to a whole new level! Then add Lysa’s video and I can see where these statements were said. I have the map hanging up on my desk so I can look at it when I do my homework!!

144. Janis Baskin says:

Love having the map to see exactly from where each statement is coming. I also love how the week starts off with a video around the table. The bread of life wasn’t a new concept for me, our preacher taught for several weeks on this topic several years ago, and brought it to life. This study helped to bring all of that back to the forefront of my memory. I’m excited to look at I am the Light.

145. I think every Bible I have ever owned had maps in the back, I would only glance at them once in a blue moon. I’m going to print out the map and keep it in my book for reference. I think it will be great to see just where Jesus was when He made the I Am statements. Thank you for providing it for us!

146. Sarah Liddy says:

I do other devotions as well as the finding I am bible study. I came to realize a lot of times other devotions also tie in with what I am studying, and the devotion with Pastor Graham was about Jesus being the light of the world as well. What a wonderful hymn that was shared:O soul, are you weary and troubled?
    No light in the darkness you see?
    There’s a light for a look at the Savior,
    And life more abundant and free!

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
    Look full in His wonderful face,
    And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
    In the light of His glory and grace.
    Amen. Thank you Jesus

• Proverbs 31 Online Studies Team says:

Sarah, thank you for sharing. Often we find other devotions and readings go right along with what we are studying. Love that song!

147. Thank you for the map. I like how you put them i am statements with it!

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Hi Lori, your so welcome! Isn’t it great how we can visualize the places Jesus walked.

148. Brenda Ronan says:

I have never looked at the map either, This is digging deeper! Thanks for making me look more closely at the place and time to get a perspective of what was going on in that time.

149. Hi! I’m trying to get a hold of the online bible team through email but not getting any response. I’ve been checking my inbox for lysa’s video teaching From Israel on the “I am the bread” session but have not received it. Where can I access that? Thanks!!!

• Proverbs 31 Online Studies Team says:

Irina, it was included in Friday’s blog called Satisfying Our Soul Cravings. We hope you can still access that.

150. Linda Reiger says:

I love maps – and YES – I like to see where Jesus traveled, as well as all the other Biblical characters. So…I will definitely be referring to the map provided here in Finding I AM. Thank you!

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

You are welcome Linda! Glad this map will be adding to your study of Jesus’ I Am Statements. Enjoy 🙂

151. I haven’t used maps to study in the bible yet, however I am excited to try it! I think it will really help put things together for me!

152. Thank you for the map. I’ve never really used one in Bible study but am looking forward to being able to see where the I Am statements occurred.

153. I’ve seen maps in my bible in the past, but haven’t really applied what I’ve read to it. As I’m growing deeper in my faith, I’m looking forward to this map you all generously have provided. Thank you!

154. Danae Whetten says:

The map seems to put more life and realization into the study. I like it!

155. Mare Hindall says:

Yes,in my studies at First5. We are in the book of Joshua and there is a map showing the 12 tribes of Israel. It’s awesome to be able to look at a map when your learning the landmarks of where Jesus was. It’s like I’m there with Him.

156. Never used a map before. So excited to use one for this! I LOVE this study!! Thank you Lysa for the amazing Holy Land videos, and thank you P31OBS for your awesome studies. You all are a true blessing to me. HUGS!

157. Beckie Hilderbrand says:

I have used a map several times; it makes the study so much more visual.

158. Yes, I have used a map in some of my Bible studies. The map helped me appreciate the story better. It especially helped me appreciate how far people traveled on foot. Jesus and His disciples walked long distances and so did the crowds who came to see Jesus.

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Hi Janine, yes isn’t it amazing! We are so blessed to have transportation now and technology to help us talk to others and share Jesus.

159. Yes, I love to use maps when I’m studying that Bible. It helps to bring the stories to life for me.

160. I have just d/l the map. Thank you for including it!
    How many times have I read of the woman of the well, but never considered her an evangelist! LOL, new perspectives can be real eye-openers. I am really liking going deeper into these wonderful statements of Jesus telling us who he really is. The more I know about Him the deeper I go into the love relationship I think He wants to have with all of us.

161. JULIE OVERSTREET says:

Looking forward to week 2 of Finding I AM!! I’ve actually already started. There is a lot of material to cover, including day 5 and I don’t want to miss anything or get behind. Thank you again Lysa and Proverb 31 for these awesome Bible studies. God Bless!!

• Melis Chambers, P31 Study Leader says:

Julie,
      I love to see your passion! I’m with you, staying ahead helps me not fall behind or feel overwhelmed! ~Melis

162. Susan Martell says:

Love the map! Thank you so much for including that for us! I have been studying it, and already am enjoying that I can picture Capernaum and the Sea of Galilee from last week’s video. And now I know where they are! On-site videos are just wonderful, as I really appreciate being able to visualize these things I am reading about. Thank you!

163. Sharon Fleming says:

Never used a map. So helpful to have visual and connect to where Jesus was.

164. Penny Guynn says:

I haven’t used a map before for Bible study but I really enjoy usin the map in this study and Lisa showing us where Jesus walked and that we are studying all about the land and feel like your right there with her! It is so amazing! It really helps fit the stories to the land!!

165. Never used one before! Actually helps to picture their journey back in the day.

166. Becky Hatcher says:

I have never used a map in studying the Bible. I think with having it in front of me now though, I will better understand where he walked to and can picture better him saying the 7 “I Am’s”.

167. Hello, my name is Alma, is it too late to join?

168. I’ve never used a map before, but I’m excited to for this study and see how to helps. Thank you for having it available to print and use.

169. Have never used one but it is an interesting way to study His word and see exactly where He was.

170. I have never used a map before but I find it very interesting!

171. I have not used a map in my Bible study time before BUT I am a visual person so I LOVE this! Thanks so much for this freebie!! It adds to the study in a special way to be able to see where all of it is taking place in the Holy Land. So excited for Week 2! I AM the Light is my favorite I AM 🙂

172. Tami Pelham says:

I have never used a map for a bible study. I am very excited to use with this study, I’m a visual learner. This really helps me “see” God’s words.

• Melis Chambers, P31 Study Leader says:

Tami,
      That is another great point. I am a visual leaner as well but have never used the map! Thanks for sharing! ~Melis

173. Amy Farina says:

I have not used a map before but this study and the small group I am doing at church both are using maps so this should be a lot fun. Plus it will be nice to understand where I am looking through the guidance of the two Bible studies!!

174. Melis Chambers, P31 Study Leader says:

I am with Melissa (another thing these two honeybees have in common) and didn’t even use the maps provided and am sorry to say ignored this freebie but seeing Melissa’s excitement has me ready to follow Jesus in a whole new way!

175. I’ve not used a map with Bible studies before, but this one is amazing!

176. doris brooks says:

Hello Ladies, this lesson is certainly filled with light, leaning and life l.thank you so much for the map,I will apply the n my study. God bless you all.

177. The map is so nice. Haven’t used one before. Looking at it, I feel like visiting Israel myself. Thank you!

178. Sandra Woodard says:

I’ve never used a map during my studying of the Bible.
    I’m excited after hearing Melissa talk about it in the video today. I’m looking forward to using the map as I study and see the places on the map where Jesus walked and taught.

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Hi Sandra, we hope you enjoy the map. We are glad you are looking forward to using it! It is a great visual of the places Jesus went.

179. Jackie Lavinder says:

I haven’t ever used a map in my study but it really does interest me. To actually see where things in the bible happened. WOW! I am on the lookout for a sort of concordance map, what the regions were called back then and what they are today to give me perspective. This is very exciting!

180. Tiffany G. says:

I have not used a map before even though there are several maps even in my Bible. Looking forward to starting to use one. I think it is cool to think about it. I was just looking at it the other day and thinking about where all the places were and Jesus walking, etc. Even looking at the desert where he was tempted.

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Yes Tiffany. Isn’t it amazing to look at a map and think that this is the place where Jesus stood and spoke his I AM statements? One more tool in your tool belt for Christ.

181. Maryann Frank says:

This study is just what Jesus had planed for me. I took an early retirement and have lots of time in the morning to read and study His mighty Word. God’s timing is Everything!
    I have a old copy of LIFE mag. 6/12 that I kept titled Holy Lands. It’s a wonderful companion to this study. Seeing the area in pictures where Jesus walked; along with this study is great~I’m visual.
    I hope to one day make the trip of a lifetime to visit The Holy Land. One day soon ~ I pray!

182. Vickie Mullins says:

I use maps in my teaching of my 5yh grade Sunday School Class… Just knowing that the journeys that people in the bible traveled is awesome I am like Melissa it just exciting use it and following it…

183. I love the map it is a good reminder and resource. I never knew where all the I am statements were spoken at.

184. Thank you for the map!! I love it and I’m enjoying the OBS study everyday

185. Dawnielle says:

I have used maps in Bible study before by turning to the back of Bibles that had them, or by using a Bible Atlas, I love maps, Thank you for this specific one of the 7 I Am stmts and where they occured

186. Kim Shafer says:

Hope I can order the map with the video at the end of the Study!

187. I have not used a map in Bible study prior to this study. However, that will change. I have looked at the maps in my Bible and thought they were interesting but never referred to them while studying. Now that the use of a map has been put into a different perspective for me, I am excited about using it as a reference.

188. Beth Ogden says:

I have used maps. We just had one this past Sunday in our Sunday school class that is studying Revelation. It showed the location of the 7 churches. It really helps to bring to light what is going on today in those places.

189. Lorraine Camire says:

I had signed up for the Finding I AM Teaching Series. The “closed group” on Facebook link given to me does not work. I’l emailed OBS@proverbs31.org per the instructions I received but have not heard from anyone. I called P31 today and was redirected to a vmail and left a message but have yet to hear from anyone. Can I get the correct FB link so I can join group?

• Proverbs 31 Online Studies Team says:

Hi Lorraine. This Wednesday you will have an email with the phone number for that day’s call for the teaching series. Also on that page there will be a link you can click on to join the Facebook group. That will be your best way to join on Facebook. We are glad you are wanting to get this added teaching. Blessings.

190. Like was mentioned in the OBS video, I don’t really use maps. Sometimes I will study them, but because I am not very spatial, I have a really hard time comprehending how near or far one place is for another, or how to relate it to today.

191. mallory berry says:

I’m confused, where is the I am the light teaching from Lysa? I just see session 2 wrapping up about bread. Do we do the homework and see the video posted later?

• Proverbs 31 Online Studies Team says:

Hi Mallory. The teaching series videos will be with each Friday’s blog you get by email. The I Am Light one will be in this coming Friday’s blog. The idea is that you work all week on a subject and see the video at the end of the week. Hope this helps. Blessings!

192. Sheri weidman-felter says:

cannot sign on to the weekly sessions..noone contacts me

Hi Sheri,
      So sorry you are having trouble. We want to make it easy for you, so we have someone reaching out to you through email. Be sure to check your spam folder, sometimes emails hide in there.
      Blessings to you.

193. I LOVE this book specific map to these 7 “I AM” statements! (maybe it’s because I do love maps and use whenever I can in Bible Studies-like the ones that come in some Bibles, but not in my current ‘Inspire’ Bible Journaling one – helps as the video does to get a better grasp of where Jesus made these statements! Thanks Lysa and P31 OBS team!

194. Hi!! This is my first OBS!! I’m excited. Hope this is the right place!

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Hey Martha, welcome to P31 OBS!
      We’re so glad you’re here. You sure are in the right place – you’re commenting on the blog, which is just the right place to connect with our OBS leaders and team, and the rest of the OBS community!
      Happy Studying!

195. I’m the last I have always looked at the maps in the Bible but never paid attention to them, nor used them. With this weeks study it’s like a big revelation of why the maps are there ??‍♀️ And I will be using them from now on!

196. TERESA DAWN MARINE says:

I really have not studied a whole with a map – however, I think I will do it more…I am finding it brings the journey to life – makes it feel more real somehow.
    Thanks for including it!
    Be a blessing…
    Teresa

197. Sandy Westphal says:

I’ve never use a map in the bible. New thing for me. Love it!

198. I have used maps before in Bible Study and it really helps for me to get a clearer picture of the events and there location.

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Hi Jackie, yes it does give you a clearer picture of Jesus’ life and where things took place.

199. The map is so awesome to have, helps give a better perspective and image in my head to better understand where these statements took place. thank you!

200. I’ve never used a map before and I don’t really know why! I’m such a visual learner and I love maps. This is a perfect study tool for me.

201. I have never used a map in Bible study but after getting into this study I will definitely download the map to have a better understanding of the demographics of Jesus when teaching. Thank you!

202. LESLEY GEER says:

I have never used a map in Bible Study, I’m really looking forward to it!!

203. I’m looking forward to using the map. It’s just amazing here we are 2000 years later revisiting spots where Jesus was. So Amazing! This is such a powerful study!

204. Brittany Lee says:

I have seen maps during a bible study but never really used it. I did an NCPACE class on deployment, taught by the ships chaplain that was a Jewish rabbi, and we used maps as well as got to go to Israel. If I hadn’t used those maps in class, I probably would to of gone to half of the places I did in Israel.

205. Beth Anne W. says:

I have rarely used a map during Bible study. (I’m not very good at following maps…isn’t that what GPS is for??). But I can see how it might help me visualize where the places in the Bible were and connect the events that happened there. Maybe I’ll have to give it a try sometime.

206. I’ve never really paid much mind to maps but when I heard about Jacob’s Well and that Jesus had stood there and that well never moved I was intrigued. How amazing must it have been to see this as old as it is and know our God stood there and spoke over it!

207. I didn’t receive this week’s teaching video from Lysa. did I miss something?

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Don’t worry, Tina, you didn’t miss a thing!
      The video teaching on “I am the Light” will be shared on Friday. You can expect to find the teaching videos shared at the end of every week.
      We’re sure looking forward to it! 🙂

208. I did not receive this weeks teaching frim Lysa.

Hi Kim!
      No worries – you haven’t missed anything! The video teaching for “I am the Light” will be shared on the blog this coming Friday.
      Happy Studying!

209. Charmayne says:

Day 1: Week 2
    Just finished today’s lesson and all I can say is Wow, thank you Lord!!!

Pg. 47: “The way I’ve seen Him work in my life and bring living water to my soul in the driest of seasons is enough for me to keep putting one foot in front of the other and trusting Him. And step by step, my soul is beginning to feel hopeful again. Like I might be able to make real progress in this journey.”

Lysa, YOU GO (GOD’S) GIRL!!!!!

You asked I to write about our progress and ways to draw living water…..well that statement spoke it exactly how I feel it. You absolutely hit the nail square on the head!!!
    I am completely overjoyed in this moment!!!
    Hallelujah!!!??

Like, I might be able to make real progress in this journey!!! If I could cartwheel, I would,
    WooHoo!!!!??????????????????????????????????????????????????

210. “Being knee-deep in the realities of small children made me feel like this wasn’t my season of life to make a difference to the outside world. But God used my offering of what little I had!”
    THIS! Apsley speaks to me. This season of life with young children sometimes feels all encompassing, and it’s so easy to get weary and frustrated that I feel like I cannot get back. I didn’t even realize that I had been limiting God by not acknowledging that he can use what little I have to make a big difference.

211. I LOVE maps of all types! However, I have to admit that, although I have looked at maps in my Bible before, I’ve never really use them in Bible study.

I have printed the map from the link and will definitely be using it throughout the study

212. Patty Botkin says:

Where is the link for the teaching video for week 2? If it came via email, I didn’t receive it. I did get the short video but not the teaching one.

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

No worries, Patty! You haven’t missed a thing.
      The video teaching for “I am the Light” will be shared on the blog on Friday.
      We hope you enjoy studying with your book until then! 🙂

213. I have not used a map before in Bible Study but I think it brings a humanly quality to Jesus and also a real time application due to the map

214. Bridget Stevens says:

I have not used a map before in a bo he study. I really love the idea of being able to look at the map and find the places discussed, though.

215. Melissa Pomerleau says:

Hi! Where can I view the video session for week #2??

Hey Melissa!
      Keep an eye out for the Week 2 video on Friday. Lysa’s teachings will always be shared at the end of the week – we can’t wait to see what she has to share about ‘I Am the Light’! 🙂

216. Sharon Carns says:

Looking forwars to learning more about the Light in this week’s Finding I Am study.

217. I entered a thought regarding the use of the map for the study. As I read over the blog again I noticed the first question Stacy mentioned was if we were following Lysa’s challenging us to pray following her lead. My friend and I prayed that pray over one another….I
    Ill never get tired of the transparency I experience and green from Lysa and all of y’all.?

218. I entered a thought regarding the use of the map for the study. As I read over the blog again I noticed the first question Stacy mentioned was if we were following Lysa’s challenging us to pray following her lead. My friend and I prayed that pray over one another….I
    Ill never get tired of the transparency I experience and glean from Lysa and all of y’all.? – See more at: http://proverbs31.org/online-bible-studies/2017/01/30/i-am-the-light-week-2/#comment-796922

219. Ellen Anderson says:

I have never used a map in Bible study, but I like the idea! I really like maps so I’m looking forward to using it. It helps me to visualize where Jesus was when talking to the Israelites.

220. Love the idea of incorporating maps in this study. I too find it helpful to visualize as we learn of the places where Jesus lived and visited. I recently discovered that I love to study history and this is plus. Eager for this weeks study. Blessings everyone!

221. Leslie Van Houten says:

I plan to wrote Lysa prayer on a note card to have in front of me to use each day. I’m trying not to stress myself out about not being able to get every assignment done. I am trying to make sure I am doing what I need for my family, rather than the way I handled myself and family the past online bible studies. I would have my husband do things for kids, cooking etc. I would lose track of time and forget responsibilities i needed to do. I get way to type A and selfish. Things were better that way last week, and I plan to do my best with the time I have available to do assignments this week.

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Leslie, know that we don’t ever want OBS to take over your family time. We are so excited that you are so very passionate about soaking it all in, but we don’t want you to feel stressed out! The great thing about OBS is that you can do what works best for YOU, your schedule, and your family.
      We want you to be happy and enjoy this study – remember what we say, “your life is crazy but your Bible study doesn’t have to be!”
      We are cheering you on as you take care of yourself and your family first, and soak in His truth and love through this study as well. Praying that you find just the right amount of time and energy to care for your family and enjoy OBS.
      Blessings!

222. Hello everyone. As for me, I have looked at the maps in the bible but never used them to study. I will start to do this. As stated from others, this will help me get a visual of Jesus and imagine I’m there. Oh, this gives me joy but yet sadness, Knowing how long it has taken me to realize the I Am. Yes, I believed. That’s what I was taught. But yet, didn’t really get it. I don’t want to be thirsty, hungry or without light anymore than I have. My soul yearns to know Jesus more.

223. I’m very excited about downloading the map and using it for this study! I’ve not used a map in studying the Bible, so I’m looking forward to it!
    I’m looking forward also to reading and thinking about Jesus’s second I Am Statement. I can’t wait to see what this week reveals!

224. Wendy McBride says:

Thank you so much for the map. I am a visonal learner and it will help me get a better understanding of this study. I enjoyed the wrap up on the first I AM statement, I AM the Bread of Life! Looking forward to learning of the second I AM statement! I am the Light of the World! Love that Lysa has done this study in Israel!

225. Yes, I’ve used a map in my Bible during our small group study of Mark. I grew up drawing maps for school and using them when I traveled so maps really do help me visualize where I’m at. Therefore, the map you provided will help me visualize Jesus’s travels.

226. I have never used a map with my studies of the Bible. I have no idea why because I love maps. I am definitely printing this one out!

227. DeeDee Ferguson says:

I once briefly looked at a map while studying my Bible.However, I have always wanted to use a map and really dive into God’s Word in an in depth way. I am truly enjoying this Bible study so far and know that my relationship with Him will be grow more intimate.

228. I never used a map before either. After I took my trip to Israel when I see pictures or a map it has actually changed my life. I remember some of the maps from the bible when I was a kid. Now that I have been there I look and it is so different, and powerful. I love seeing Lysa in Israel, it brings me back to when I was there. It is like it was yesterday.

229. Linda Vick says:

I have never used a map in a study before, but it so awesome to see this map and hear Lysa tell us from those actual places or areas where Jesus made these I AM statements. I would love to visit there one day (bucket list!). I love this study so much! (just sometimes having some technical glitches w/the video on YouTube, maybe just me, but it eventually works itself out). Thank you, Lysa, for writing this wonderful study for us!

230. Patrice Brooks says:

❤️ The map. I have been studying the thread of all things Jewish for several years fantastic visual for this visual learner.

231. Emma Englesby says:

So grateful for the map! I’ve always enjoyed a visual aid!

232. Christina Shannon says:

I do LOVE maps when I study especially since I am doing a dual study of Joshua and Finding I Am. I love it!

233. Thank you for the map! I have no sense of direction but I’m hoping this will help me to get an idea of where Jesus stood and walked and taught… I cannot even imagine standing where He stood! Bucket list for sure!!!

234. Crystal Cripps says:

I haven’t received the Lysa in Israel video for session 2. I received the first one and all the group chat videos, but not the actual teaching session.
    Hmmm???

235. Linda Randall says:

I do not know how or where to view the videos of Lisa’s presentation. Could someone please help me with that? Thank you and God Bless.

236. Jaime Gilbert says:

I was wondering if there are week 2 resources such as the desktop wallpaper, etc.

237. All I see is a 5 min video of them talking around the table. Where is the teaching session for week 2?

• Deb Sanders says:

Kim, I think we see those on Fridays….at least that’s how last week was. I know I’m anxious for those, too! I love seeing her teaching from the Holy Lands! I so hope I get to go some day…it’s my greatest dream trip!

• Each Friday you receive the video teachings after we have read all each on each topic.

238. Deb Sanders says:

I have used maps in the past in other studies and enjoyed it. It helps to visualize where things are taking place. I also loved how Lysa went into the details about what they did at the Feast of Tabernacles. I have read about that before, but not all the details as she has gone into them. It was very interesting to me. I never heard of the Torch Dance…that was insightful…I am always curious as to how in Jesus’ day they sang and worshiped. Some people seem to think that we as Christians have to be so “reserved” and “proper” you know??? I am definitely not like that. If I feel like I need to reach my hands up to the Lord, offering Him only what I have…myself sacrificially for His use…then I will do that. Or if I worship with a little bit of dance movement because of my joy in my salvation…then I don’t feel as though I will be making God mad at me. I love my Savior and I want to know Him well…that is why I love digging into His Word in this way! Thank you Proverbs 31 ladies and Lysa TerKeurst for providing this for all of us “Jesus girls!”

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Deb, what beautiful ways to worship and praise our Father! There is something very special about praising Him with our whole body. Psalm 149:3 even says “Let them praise His name with dancing”.
      So happy you are learning so much!

239. I have found during the study a more relational relationship with Jesus. How good is God, how He is full of grace, how He wants us to know Him more. I am great full for this study we’re God is working in my heart and to share with others the good news. In 2017 has been a fresh start of a journey of discovery and full of light in my path. I will strive to continue all through the year to make passion first then wisdom applicable in my life more apperent ❤️

240. Marsha Saucier says:

What am I doing wrong? I watched the video introducing Week 2, but when it was finished it didn’t go to the Video Session 2 with Lysa in the Holy Land. Please help.

Hi Marsha! You are doing nothing wrong at all! 🙂
      The video session for “I am the Light” will be shared on Friday in the blog post.
      We’re really looking forward to what Lysa has to share about the Light of the world!
      Happy Studying!

241. I am having the same trouble as those above. I watched the video of Lysa and the team but no video from Lysa followed.

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Jeanice, we’re sorry there’s been some confusion about the video sessions.
      The video session for “I am the Light” will be available on Friday here on the blog.
      Looking forward to soaking in what Lysa has to share! 🙂

242. Interestingly, I just finished Priscilla Shirer’s Jonah study, which relies heavily on a map. It helped us really grasp, among other things, #1, the depth of Jonah’s disobedience and attempt to run away from God, and #2, the difficult journey he then took when he decided to obey. It really enriched my study, especially considering Jonah is a story most of us have heard. It brought out new revelations. I’m looking forward to the same thing with this study!

243. Nancy Coulehan says:

Where is session 2 video?

244. I’m confused when I view the video it’s seems like an introduction to the next study; after we do each week , isn’t there a video that goes over what we did for each study.

245. Heather Miller says:

Yes, I have looked at the maps in my Bible. I like to look and see where the events are taking place.

246. Not sure if this is the right place to put this comment, but hey, why not? Was anyone else reminded of Jeremiah 2:13 “For My people have committed two evils: They have forsaken Me, the fountain of living waters, And hewn themselves cisterns—broken cisterns that can hold no water.” during our Day 1 lesson?

247. Sorry been sick catching up today. I never had been interested before when I was younger with the maps. To much like being in school. But now that I am older it is so cool to see where Jesus walked and where everything took place.

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Hi Donna, maps can make you feel like your in school lol. It is amazing how you can see the paths Jesus took.

248. I have never used a map in Bible study before. I think this is a very useful tool, because it helps to bring the study life. It is nice to be able to see where Jesus was during specific points in His ministry. I also like watching the videos with Lysa as well.

249. I enjoy using the maps at the back of my Bible during lessons and when reading to get a grasp for where events took place.

I must say I would like to be more intentional and would really love to visit Isreal to dwell in the actual locations Jesus walked.

Donna,
      The maps really give you that intimate connection of seeking him and to be where Jesus possibly stood would just be a glorious time!

250. Being a history, geography buff, I have always been interested in maps. 🙂 Before I went to Israel for a college credit, they wanted me to take a Bible Geography class, and we had to buy an entire book with 100s of different maps of the lands in the Bible! Then when we spent 10 days traveling all around Israel (and yes, we DID get to go to Jacob’s Well in the West Bank!), it was so special to put together where I was with what I had studied all my life in the Bible. I really love this simple map here, though, because it focuses on the I AM statements and where they were said at. Thank you!!

I also wanted to quickly thank you all for including closed captioning. For those of us who have hearing problems, it makes a HUGE difference!!

251. I’m sorry ,my kendel is denied the down loads, is it my tablet or a problem
    On your end?

Hi Gail,
      Hmm – are you trying to download the Study Companion or the map? If your tablet is warning you that it is unsafe to download and you have to give your tablet the go-ahead to download it, rest assured it is virus free. If that still doesn’t fix it, is there another device you could try it out on to see if that works?
      We’re sorry you’re having these troubles, let us know if you get it!

252. Sorry , I
    My kendle is being denied the down loads , is kg my kendel or on yohr end .

253. shelia french says:

Can some send me the link to download the week 2 companion or tell me where to find it please

254. I love using maps in bible study and I love this one!! Thank you!

255. Rachael Robinson says:

I’ve never used a map, but this is my first bible study so in every bible study so far I guess I have now used a map! Such an awesome way to get an idea of how things happened and where exactly! I love learning the histories of customs and laws that effected the people during the time of scripture and then relating it back to scripture so I better understand why certain things happened and were said. This bible study makes me want to do them endlessly! Being with Jesus, totally makes me crave Jesus, like I just want to know it all but I don’t have enough time or space in my brain for it all!

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Praise God, Rachael! We LOVE to hear this! Keep seeking and soaking it all in! 🙂

256. I’ve never done an online Bible study before and I’m trying to follow along and keep up. I can’t seem to find Lisa’s video session 2. I haven’t started this week’s homework because I keep waiting for the video to come in my email. I get the other ones, like this one with the map, but not her video sessions. Please help. Thank you, Marcia

257. Did I miss the video from Lysa? I can see the one 5 minute video with all the ladies. I dont want to miss out.

258. Cheryl Johnston says:

Yes, I have used maps before and I enjoy seeing the sites on maps because it makes it even more real to me to see where things happen. Also please pray for me to get caught up tonight, I need to do Monday, Tuesday, and today, Thanks

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Praying you have just the right amount of time given to you to catch up, Cheryl. But don’t stress about it too much, you can always come back to it later!
      Blessings in your studies 🙂

259. Danya Brittingham says:

Answer to Stacy’s question on Wednesday, Feb 1st. (How does knowing the answer to our “Why” questions — potentially SO THAT God’s light is on display — change your perspective ? In what ways does this help and encourage you?)
    This is so very encouraging. It actually excites me to think and know that God has a plan for me and it’s good! I know that at some point God is going to use me to touch someone, perhaps it may be in words, perhaps it may be in action, but to know that God is preparing me for that very moment excites me! Also, knowing this reminds me that I don’t have to compare myself to other Christians, which sometimes I am guilty of, sometimes thinking I’ll never be that spiritual or why is she always so happy! I don’t have to think about those things anymore. God’s glory will shine through me regardless.

• I agree with you here, Danya. I’m encouraged to follow God’s plan for me.. I must admit, I am guilty of comparing myself to others. I’ve questioned if I am as spiritual as others. We don’t have to think of those things. God loves us for who we are. God’s glory will shine through us. Blessings

260. Allyson C says:

I am just starting the “I Am” bible study today. Was feeling overwhelmed at first, then put the worrying aside and put a plan together to keep up and catch up. Excited to join in.

261. I have used a map in one other study, I LOVE it! I like to be able to SEE where Jesus was and where everything was happening!

262. jackie endress says:

Hi. I am so confused??? I clicked on week two and it states that the video is going to be in the “blog”? I clicked on the Blog and there is a five minute video with Lysa and the other girls? I don’t see a session two? so when do I start doing the homework for chapter two in the book? sorry this is so totally confusing to me.

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Hey Jackie, no need to apologize! We’re glad you asked.
      This week we are working through the “I am the Light” homework. On Friday, to wrap up our study of the “I Am the Light” statement, Lysa’s video session on “I am the Light” will be shared here on the blog. So you’re in the right place, just come on back here tomorrow (Friday)!
      Hope this helps, and happy studying! 🙂

• Jackie, this was a great question. Like you, I was also confused. I’m sure we weren’t the only ones. 🙂

Thank you Proverbs 31 OBS team for answering. This is a fantastic study and I didn’t want to miss anything.

263. I love the map, being a visual learner it will be of tremendous help. The notes on the side are excellent for following the steps of Jesus. Thank you for that!

264. I am so excited with this Bible study. I’m have a hard time leaving the “IAM the Bread coming down from Heaven”. I used to make loaves of bread with yeast. The smell is glorious! My mouth waters thinking of it. I want to experience that same sensation as I work with these I Am statement. Now….the water. Oh, the places it activates in my soul is drawing me deeper. I am being so blessed.

265. I have never used a map before, but I have wished I had one for the past few years. I was so excited to download the map! What a joy I o be able to see where Jesus was when He said and did different things!

266. I have used maps before in Bible study. I find that if helps me to relate better to the material. For this study, it sets the background better for understanding why Jesus said the particular I am statements He said( which I’d never thought about before!
    Loving this study; especially the parts about the feast of tabernacle. Was so neat to see how joyous that celebration is and how the priest poured water and wine over the sacrifice. Loved the connection it made to Isaiah scripture about drawing waters out of the wells of salvation! So rich! And Jesus proclamation of Him being the light at that feast; I could just sense His passion! And us to be able to walk in the light even though we live in a world that is full of darkness and is led by it. We can rejoice that we have the light of life!

267. DonnaMarie says:

Good Morning! I have a questions on Day 3 for this week. I’m not sure I know the answer to the question on page 57 “What creation themes did you see in these verses?” I would love to hear your thoughts….

268. Where is the 2nd video? Do I pay for that separately, I got my book today. I saw the video of the group talking about the video,

269. Jodi Grunewald says:

I am totally confused, I thought there was a bible study via video tonight but the only thing I found was a 5 min video of the introduction to Week 2 I Am the Light. I guess I am not totally understanding how this program works? Where is the discussion on this subject that we were waiting to join at 8 pm ET? I haven’t received my book yet even though I got an email that said it shipped. Can somebody please help me and explain this program please? I was so looking forward to tonight but now I am lost.

270. Linda Emory says:

Light is my favorite subject. The analogy of life and light in Jn 1:4 I cherish. The actual understanding I am still seeking. The life that is in Jesus is the light of all mankind. The life that is in Jesus is the light of the knowledge of God’s glory in the likeness of Jesus’ face. (II Cor 4:6) It is this likeness that we know as His presence. It is purifying (1 Jn 1:7) and…it is unchanging (James 1:17). It is beyond explanation but it is the satisfying of our innermost being and so much more.

271. Joanna Mitchell says:

I have a question–I never received Video session #2 –Teaching! Did I miss something?

272. Jesus encounter with the woman at the well tells me how much Jesus cares for those who are hurting. He knew when she would be at the well and He went there just to see HER and to help HER and to speak to HER. All the other women probably went there earlier but she set her time at the well around the other women probably because they shunned her and talked badly about her. She wanted to avoid that. It tells me that Jesus knows all about me, where I am every moment of the day and how much I am hurting and He wants to give me everything I need to be happy and whole again.

273. Reading about Jesus’s encounter with the Samaratin woman gives me hope! He deliberately went to Samari to see that woman. He knew her thirst for His love. I too, thirst for knowing Him better, and I know that He will come to quench my thirst….and He knows when that will be. He also knows how much I needed this journey through this study. He is preparing me, and for that, I give humble thanks to all of you who continue to be my encouragement, my shining light! May God bless you all!

274. I can’t find the video for week 2 – I am the Light. Your help is appreciated.

275. Have you used a map in Bible study before?
    Nope, Never …
    How can it help you in your study?
    Helps to focus the area of the study …
    And puts a feel to the message of the study …

Trackbacks

1. Get A Easy Spirit Romy Walking Shoes Blue

[…] her than walking the whole way. I can honestly tell you His spirit still exists […]