Scattering Kindness (AND Insider Info. on our NEXT P31 OBS!)

“Listen, Love, Repeat” Study Leader, Nichole Stern | Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies | #ListenLoveRepeat #P31OBSHey friends! Nichole Stern back with you to kick off Week 5 of #ListenLoveRepeat. Can you believe it’s our last week? Time sure does fly when you’re having fun, doesn’t it?

Speaking of time, if you’re like me and you’ve gotten a bit behind, please don’t fret. Just join us where we are in chapters 9 and 10 this week and we’ll finish strong together.

We’re all about grace here at #P31OBS. We know life is crazy. But remember, your Bible study doesn’t have to be. So let’s breathe a big sigh of relief and jump right in, shall we?

Want to know what’s going on this week? Check out the Study Companion below for all the daily details.

We’ve talked a lot about heart drops over the last several weeks. And it’s been so fun reading your comments on the blog and social media. We’ve noticed so many of you are committed to loving and serving those God has placed in your lives. Great job, y’all!

I love how this week’s verse of the week encourages us to continue doing good and sharing with others. It says:

“Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share.” 1 Timothy 6:18 (NIV)

1 Timothy 6:18 (NIV) “Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share.” | Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies | Week 5 Verse | #ListenLoveRepeat #P31OBS

These themes of doing good and sharing continue in this week’s P31 OBS video. Let’s see what Karen Ehman has to say about scattering kindness. (I just love that phrase, don’t you?) 🙂

Also, all of our videos are close captioned. For instructions, click here.

If you can’t view the video above, click here to watch on YouTube.

Okay, y’all! In the video, Karen talks about a #ScatterKindness challenge, and now it’s time to take it to the streets. How, you ask? By doing something kind for someone and posting about it on social media!

For example, this can be paying for someone next in line or helping a neighbor in her garden. Anything goes! But make sure to use the hashtags #P31OBS #ScatterKindness and #ListenLoveRepeat — so we can all see!

How do you plan to #ScatterKindness this week? Share your ideas in the comments below. No ideas, yet? Spend some time in the comments here on the blog for some inspiration.

We can’t wait to see how you respond to this challenge!

~Nichole

FREEBIE!
Want a cute way to remember to scatter kindness? Download a “Live Well, Scatter Kindness” phone lock screen here.

PSSSSTTTTT! I’ve got a secret to share with you! We’re announcing our NEXT P31 OBS and we want YOU to be one of the first to know! Join us for our Summer 2017 study of Me, Myself, and Lies by Jennifer Rothschild — it’s going to be SOOOO good, y’all! You can learn more and sign up here.

The next Proverbs 31 Online Bible study is on the book, "Me, Myself, & Lies" by Jennifer Rothschild! Study starts June 12. Learn more and sign up here --> http://www.proverbs31.org/online-bible-studies/ #NoMoreLies #P31OBS

Comments

1. Mare Hindall says:

I’m going to send a couple of “I’m thinking of you,” cards to some women I know who need to know I care for them. Also, I’m going to help my daughter who is a single mom, by packing my grandchildren’s lunch for her. I’m also going to pay for the person in line behind me at a drive-through. I want to be that kind of woman’s who hears heart drops, scatters kindness,and be a shining light for others to see Jesus in me.

• Nichole Stern P31OBS Study leader says:

I love these idea, Mare 🙂 Thank you so much for sharing!

• Kelly Bickley says:

Hi there, Marian!!! Fancy meeting you here! Those are great ideas. My idea this week is to give my widow neighbor a card on May 11th. His wife died on January 11, so he said that date is hard for him. I know that mother’s day will be hard for him as well, so in the card I’m going to invite him to a lunch we’re having here with our kids’ grandparents. Chances are he has plans with his grown kids, but in case he does not, I would love for him to not be alone that day.

Love you, friend!

• Mare Hindall says:

Hey Kelly!! Just saw your post. How funny that we ran into each other!! I love what your going to do for your neighbor. I know how much he’ll appreciate it. God bless you.

2. Vicki H. says:

I’m going to bake something to treat everyone at work, buy someone in line their coffee, send some inspiring verses to friends 💜 Can’t wait to scatter some kindness

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Hi Vicki, love all those ideas!!! Scattering kindness and blessing others!

3. Lorraine Green says:

This week I’m going to bake a treat for my fellowship group,I want to take a friend to lunch as she is feeling very down as she told me yesterday she is feeling suicide thoughts, she also needs prayer so could y’all pray with me for her,also I am gonna invite two of my neighbours to my home for tea who have learning difficulties and are very much unloved by folk that live around my area because of their problems,then I will send some thinking of you cards as I have heard about folk in hospital I will pay a visit also and let them know I’m thinking of them and praying for them. I just wana scatter kindness to all I meet😁

• SUZIE V. says:

Lorraine A prayer has gone up for your friend.

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Lorraine, your friend is lifted up in prayer.
      It sounds like you are scattering so much kindness to everyone around you!

4. Lorraine Green says:

God has just put another idea into my head, I am going to buy wallpaper for my daughter and also a friend as money is short for them and thy would like their rooms decorated and I have spare paint I can give them also and that will put a smile on their faces ..oh don’t ya just love putting a smile on people’s faces?.. I know I do😁😁😁

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Love God ideas. Keep that open heart that you have to love others and scatter kindness.

5. Donna Morris says:

I try to always be kind to the ones around me,in the community and at work. Just a simple smile and a greeting goes a long way I will be intentional about others around me this week and will spread kindness as opportunities arisen. I will start with sending texts to ones I know by wishing them a Blessed day. I will send notes of encouragement to others,this week.

6. Camilia says:

I am working on sending thank you card for the worship team in my church .. I started last week but need to finish this week. I thought they spend hours every week practicing and they bless me each Sunday and often we do not thank them enough. I am also I liking coffee gift card. That’s why I am doing it in groups . I also want to bless the support staff at my school as they often go above and beyond the call of duty

• Barbara Prince - O-team says:

Camilla, I love you ideas of blessing those who minister to us at church. I keep thinking I should do that and your post has spurred me to actually go for it!

7. God placed it on my heart for my family to go see my husband’s grandmother. She is 96 1/2 years old and it has been several years since we have seen her. We are driving 7 hours today, and will come back on Wednesday. It’s a long trip but it will be so worth it to spend a little time with her and help her with house and yard chores.

• Barbara Prince - O-team says:

Cindy, I know God will bless your family for thinking of this elderly grandmother. Way too often I see elderly people with no one to help them with even little chores.

8. Susan Kolb says:

This is a challenging time for our family so I am praying about how to scatter kindness creatively without spending extra money is my challenge. I will be writing notes to leaders at church and at work teachers thanking them for their hard work and looking for ways to be kind throughout each day.

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Hi Susan, those are great ideas. there are many ways to scatter kindness without spending money. You can even call or text someone just to see how they are doing and encourage them. You can even look for someone while you are out and about to help, an older ladies with her groceries or something like that as well. Have a blessed day.

9. Cynthia says:

WHOO HOO this is right up my alley..I love doing things like this all the time kind of my mission in life haha.. Well lets see I am starting today by Helping a friend get back into her workout routine, writing her a personal program and she starts today with me 🙂 Also I just yesterday went to the dollar store gotta love the dollar store for CARDS 2 for $1.00 makes it so easy to send them all the time I love cards! So I gathered me up lots of Mothers Day cards and am going to fill them all out and mail to lots of people I know just because they won’t be expecting cards from anyone but their children, Surprise here comes the card with a well wish in all of them from me.

• Jennifer says:

Ooh, I love the workout routine idea! Wish you were close by me so you could also help me out with that!!! That’s great 🙂

• Nichole Stern P31OBS Study leader says:

Love this, Cynthia 🙂 What a blessing!

10. The first idea that came to my mind is to tip the bagger at my local grocery store. I often tip a few dollars with a suggestion of a cold beverage or hot coffee (depending on the time of year). This week, I will suggest lunch a day message of God’s love. I can’t wait to see more creative ideas for spreading His love zround.

11. Theresa says:

One way I like to scatter kindness is by praying for others spontaneously throughout the day. Sometimes it’s a loved one who pops into my thoughts or that I’m worried about, but also people I don’t know-construction workers I drive past, random people I see walking on the side of the road, the people who stand on street corners asking for work or money, the person who cuts me off with their cart at the grocery store, the person who waits on me, etc. I also try to smile, look in the eye and speak to the people who wait on me at the store or in restaurants, and to make a point of saying thank you and wishing them a good day after I,ve paid and am ready to go. My husband has been out of work for some time now, so money is very tight and I can’t do things that cost money, so I’m hoping to get more ideas to scatter kindness for “free”. prayers that God would lead my husband to a good job soon would be much appreciated!

• Sometimes, when I’m taking a walk in the neighborhood, I prayer walk. Praying for my neighbors, the children playing in the streets, the mailman, cable guys working on the corner’ whoever I pass.

• Great idea about praying for everyone you see in your neighborhood. I want to make that a habit too.

• SUZIE V. says:

That is a wonderful idea Janet, when I do prayer walks the prayers have only been for personal friends/family and I need to extend it to the people in my neighborhood and those I encounter along the way.

• That so wonderful, with everything going on in our streets, everyone need prayer all the time ,I touch and agree with your prayers. Doris

12. With Mothers Day approaching I am sending cards to friends whose moms passed away this year. I’ve done this before and it always brings comfort to them

• Wonderful idea.

• SUZIE V. says:

Hi Jana,

That is a wonderful idea. After my mom passed away, an aunt sent me a card on Mother’s Day just letting me know she loved an cared about me and was thinking of me on this day. It really meant a lot to me and was very special.

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

This is lovely, Jana! How thoughtful!

13. Danelle Drake says:

For the last several weeks I have been mindful of my actions and focusing on showing kindness and really portraying the love of God. It just feels good. Little by little I am stepping out of my comfort zone and reaching out to others. For me that has always been a scary thing simply because you don’t know ahead of time what their reaction will be. As I have walked through the journey with P31OBS and Listen, Love, Repeat I have gained courage knowing that God’s got this and whatever the reaction it’s all ok.

• Nichole Stern P31OBS Study leader says:

Isn’t is wonderful how God gives us courage to do what He is calling us to do? I love that He’s working in you to trust Him as you show kindness to others. Thank you for sharing your heart, Danelle 🙂

14. Janet Wallace says:

I have tried to have my patience with my coworkers and patrons. I have a staff meeting this week and I plan to scatter some kindness at the meeting–still figuring out what I’m going to do.

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Hi janet, maybe you could make or buy some goodies for them to snack on while in meeting.

15. (#ScatterKindness Challenge) I am sorry but I do not like the idea of scattering kindness and then posting it on social media. Isn’t that kind of like bragging? I think it only matters what God thinks and there is no need to post it for the world to see. It kind of defeats the purpose of a giving heart. ❤️

• SARAH HUNTER says:

I share Donna’s concern. I had the same thought! It’ll goes against the reference made earlier I the book about not boasting about our good deeds. In the video Karen addresses this very concern and refers to Matthew 5:16,”to let your light shine for others… “, and I appreciate her intention of having us share our ideas to inspire others, but I think the comment section on the blog is the best place to do this, or only in the small group study on facebook. Otherwise, we risk coming across as self-righteous instead of kind, by randomly posting “look what I did!” on social media.

• SUZIE V. says:

I agree Sarah, I think the Blog is the best place for sharing, otherwise it can come across to others unintentionally as being ” self righteous Christian braggarts”.

• Nichole Stern P31OBS Study leader says:

Hi Donna. I think Karen’s heart on sharing how we respond to this #scatterkindness challenge is to encourage others and/or help give other people ideas on how to #scatterkindess
      However, if you feel God is impressing upon you not to share your ideas or actions, please don’t go against what you feel He’s leading you to do. 🙂
      XOXO
      Nichole

• I know I’m here for inspiration. I’m so grateful to those who have posted on the blog so I can glean wisdom and ideas from them!

16. Martha says:

I plan to #ScatterKindness by possibly giving a thinking of you card to a co-worker who is going through a hard time right now. Be Blessed

17. Jenny Mullen says:

Good morning, OBSr’s! Something that really spoke to me in Chapter 9 this morning was with verse Proverbs 15:1 and how Karen pointed out that we may be quick to practice what this verse preaches outside of our home with friends, coworkers, and even strangers. However, inside the home when we are living and dealing with the ones we love the most, we are sometimes more snappy with our words, our responses, and our tones. I know that as a mother of two small children and a wife, I sometimes give everyone else my best tones and words, and my family is left to deal with that I have left over. Not fair at all for the people I love and hold the closest to my heart. This week…and in the weeks to come…I am going to pray for God’s strength and help to be more intentional about spreading kindness to the ones with whom I share a home. When I’m in the middle of housework and my daughter wants me to stop and read, rather than responding with a “Honey, can’t you see I’m busy right now?” I’m going to take some of Karen’s advice and say, “let me finish up what I’m doing real quick and then we will sit down and read that book together.” Lord help me to be a good steward of the time and space you’ve given me to share with me family. Help me to make the most out of my moments with each member and to speak softly, gently, and thoughtfully when interacting with them.
    God’s blessings on you all!

• Virginia Maguire says:

I love that you want to apply this extra love to those you see and love every day! A note on a pillow, in their lunch, sticky on the mirror! A kind and loving word! Great idea! ❤️

18. I simply cannot stop smiling reading all of these ideas you ladies have. Scattering kindness is such a rewarding way to live and it helps us to get our eyes off of ourselves and onto the bigger picture God has in mind. Keep sharing them!!!

• Nichole Stern P31OBS Study leader says:

Karen – THANK YOU so much for this book! I have loved seeing how all of our OBSers are responding by loving God and others 🙂
      What a HUGE blessing!

19. Virginia Maguire says:

My neighbor’s boy is in Army basic training. His birthday is May 6 so I’m sending him a card with a book of stamps! I also plan to send a few notes to some friends to let them know I’m thinking of them! Don’t get out much as I am caregiver to my husband. He seems to be sliding downward, need some prayers!

20. Kristin says:

Looking at these suggestions, I think I have an idea. I was walking through Walgreens and saw this cosmetic bag that reminds me of my aunt who lives out of town. I walked past it but I felt a tug to buy it. I showed my mom who loved it. She suggested that I send it to her for Mother’s Day. She had said that my Aunt made the comment that she never gets anything on Mother’s Day. A third party “heart drop:? 🙂 So I need to start now preparing to mail the package off because before I know it, Mother’s Day will be here 🙂

• Nichole Stern P31OBS Study leader says:

Love this, Kristin. How sweet, and I know your Aunt will be so blessed! 🙂

21. So many great ideas here. I’m not sure what ill try, but I want to have my eyes opened and be aware for opportunities.

22. I’m going to text a Bible verse and some encouraging words to someone I know who’s going through cancer treatment and lives far away.

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Hi Beth, that is a great idea and way to show kindness. words of encouragement go a long way.

23. Debbie says:

I can’t believe the weeks have passed by so quickly. I plan to scatter kindness this week by doing a couple things. One is taking my mother to see some of her relatives she hasn’t seen in awhile so a major day trip there and another is to encourage a couple people like the mail lady (she can’t get mail in the right boxes many times and it’s so frustrating) but I want to give her some encouragement and also the baggers at the grocery that take my groceries out in the rain, cold or heat. Seems like they don’t get thanked enough.

24. Stacey says:

When I was a young girl, we used to give May Day baskets to loved ones….we would make them either cut out of paper or with flowers from our yard. Since today is May 1st…I’m going to randomly spread some flower fun with some of my neighbors by putting a bouquet of flowers by their front doors….hoping it brightens their day! Happy May Day & Monday to kick off the week! #scatterkindness

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Love this idea Stacey! What a wonderful way to spread kindness in your neighborhood. Thank you for sharing your idea. 🙂

25. I’m baking these yummy nutritious breakfast cookies loaded with nuts oatmeal and honey for my two granddaughters in college. They love them.

26. I am actually staying AWAY from social media for a long while, but I can still scatter kindness without documenting it. I know the purpose of documenting kindness is to encourage others to do the same and not to show off, but I wouldn’t feel right posting my good deed on social media anyway.

Honestly my first act of kindness will be just to be a positive person. I am working on improving myself, and I read a quote saying the best thing you can do for the people you love is to be happy. So I’m starting with my inner circle and myself. Scattering kindness to them in some way and building from there.

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Kyra, we love the idea of being happy. Sometimes this is difficult and we appreciate that you are working on being positive. Blessings as you share with your inner circle. Take good care of you too!

27. Carol Buckels says:

I have been considering how to scatter kindness. There are several young women who I work with who have small children. Sometimes the struggle is real…..a little note with a happy right here before Mothers Day might be a good idea……

28. SUZIE V. says:

Our Senior Pastor SUDDENLY resigned and our Minister of Preaching/Teaching is taking over, we have a large church and it encompasses a LOT of responsibilities, so I am praying for him and sending him a card of encouragement and letting him know He has my prayers.

I’m also going to put a small gift bag on my neighbor’s front door with a scripture and maybe some candy for her and some treats for her dogs (she really loves her dogs).

29. Melissa B says:

I thought about putting little notes on car windows between the wiperblade to remind them that Jesus loves them and that whatever their going through their not alone. To let them know someone stills care.

30. Lynnette says:

I don’t know when we’ll receive our order, but when the farm calls to tells us our hog and cow are ready I’m planning to bless the family next door with a few pounds of ground beef.
    Also, it’s actually my “job” as I volunteered to be hospitality coordinator for our Bible study at church, but for the last session this week I’m planning to prepare and serve a nice spread of foods and beverages.
    Other than that, I will be keeping my eyes and ears open.

31. Nichole says:

This morning I brought my team leader a box of kcups. She’s been so tired and overworked so I thought it would be a much needed pick me up in the mornings or during the day. Tomorrow we have a wedding shower for my paraprofessional, and the rest of the week I hope to catch people having hard days and scatterkindness to make it better.

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Very thoughtful ideas Nichole. Don’t you just love sharing with someone in a way that makes their day just a little better! Thank you for sharing your ideas with us. 🙂

32. roxanne says:

I actually did this as a challenge to my bible study girls. Leave a note of encouragement to a ‘friend’ in a public place. I actually took some words of Holley Gerth and put them on a note card.. I left mine in a shopping cart for the next shopper to find.
    *I shared with Holley G on her fb page that I used her words. And she replied to me on fb. 🙂

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Roxanne, what fun to leave a note card in a shopping cart. Thanks for sharing!

33. Linda Mae Green says:

Reading these over I see there is something I could do and that would be to send cards!

34. Well it’s been a very tough week for me,1st my stepmom is dying in a State too far for me to travel I my health conditions 😢😢, 2nd my spouse is not feeling well from a back ingery, and I’m still not well with my knee problem but I was able to talk to my sisters about how much Jesus Love’s us, and that these trials are just temporary. Gladly to informed that they know Jesus and know where my stepmom is going🙌🙌🙌God is good because in the middle Of the storm and pain, we van still praised HIM👆👆👆🙏🙏🙏🙌🙌🙌

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Lisa, how wonderful that you were able to share the message of Jesus’ Love even in the midst of your trials. What an amazing testimony to those around you! We lift you and your family in prayer through your grief and injuries.

35. Janine says:

I am going to send a housewarming gift to a relative who moved recently. Last week I gave a gift to a charity in memory of the father of a friend. Recently, I sent a get well card to someone recovering from surgery. I will try to keep scattering kindness as I think of opportunities.

36. Donna J Morin says:

I took the opportunity at church this past Saturday to give some potted flowers and a card to a very loving and sweet widow in our church. She does so many kinds things for others. She even sends encouraging cards to my son and nephew going to college on the other side of the U.S.A.
    I also had the opportunity to watch a single Mom’s 1-year-old and 2- year- old in the toddler room, so the Mom would be able to relax and enjoy the service.

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Lovely ways to scatter kindness, Donna! Thanks for sharing your great ideas.

37. Shelley says:

I write encouraging hand-written cards to Family and Friends! When I’m thinking of someone, I pray for them and send them a text I was thinking about them. I’m always the one that sends family and Friends goodies in the mail, but this last week, I was on the receiving end (honestly I’m not used to be on the receiving end, always on the giving end)! Anytime I buy flowers for a friend, I always give flowers in a vase!

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Shelley, you are a great encourager! Thanks for sharing your ways to scatter kindness. Blessings!

38. susan Green says:

I am going to take my mother shopping, she is staying with my brother who had a stroke a month ago. At work I am going to spread kindness by smiling, and asking about their family. Today I told my old supervisor how much he and the coordinator help carry out jobs, making sure that the person is well informed about the job responsibility, how he is an asset to the company. When someone I haven’t talk to in a while comes to mind, I will reach out on the phone and see how they are. I may get a gift card and put in the mailbox for the mail person, ( Karen thanks for the idea). Oh, and big one for me is to allow every person who angers me on the road, the right way, let people in front in traffic and wave with a smile. BIG ONE FOR ME.

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Susan, you are doing great thinking of things to do. Good job! We like that you are taking it to the road. Blessibgs!

39. Valerie Markham says:

Ok, this chapter really hit me, often I do that to my husband. So, I decided to scatter kindness but washing and detailing his truck while he is out of town. While I was out there the mailman arrived and I offered him a cold water bottle. I am now exhausted but hope to recover in time to scatter more kindness tomorrow!

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Valerie, your husband will be thrilled. Great! Isn’t this fun to think of fun things to do for others? Blessings!

40. Rebecca Greene says:

Imagine my surprise when my daughter handed me an envelope with cash inside and the note read
    “As a coaching staff, we received a bonus for our NCAA tournament run. I wanted to share it with you because you are always at our games supporting me” #ScatterKindness #P31OBS #ListenLoveRepeat

41. I have a special custodian that had to move to a different school. So I’m putting together a goodie basket and leaving it for him to find this week 💕

42. I work in a high school and we are getting ready for our testing to begin. All teachers are stressed but many have personal issues as well to deal with. I believe I will find a positive scripture or encouraging quote and put it on our white board in the teachers lounges. We all need something to hold onto right now.

43. I have been looking for a small group with my church for quite some time and I have finally found one last month and I feel so blessed God has placed me with these amazing ladies. I plan to give them thank yous this week and in the next few weeks before we take a break for summer. I feel in the past month that I have been in this group, my faith has just blossomed and I yearn to learn and spend more time with God and in his word.

44. I loved hearing about her “General Store”! I am horrible at keeping secrets and surprises and would blow the secret.
    I was on the way from my doctor’s appt.and thought I’d pick up a little something to surprise my best buddy with when I returned home. It’s inexpensive;but, I knew it would mean more then the cost. It would be the thought. So as she savors her WaS a special drink she will also think about how much she is loved and is special.

45. I am going to take muffins over to a neighbor that I haven’t met, but I know that his wife passed away a few month ago. Next I am going to put a sticky note (a love note or words of encouragement) on my husband’s mirror or on his dresser each week.

46. Mary Beth Gunn says:

My son has been going through a particularly rough time at school this year. One of the study hall monitors has really gone out of her way to be extra kind to him and give him so many words of encouragement . I want to bless her with something special this week. Whether it’s a gift card to a restaurant or a small gift I just want her to know how appreciated she is.

47. Keni Williams says:

Reading all these encouraging messages, it makes me realize how busy I’ve gotten in the everyday work and tending to home life…..i really need to slow down and appreciate my family and just post little notes for them (really like this idea)! I care for them daily but I’m also a little selfish. I’ve really enjoyed this study, it hit home a bit. Thank you 🙂

48. Rosie from Tx says:

With the busyness of life, I have overlooked spreading kindness to my husband and our four daughters. I intend to send each one of them an encouraging note and scatter some kindness to some of my friends from church. Really excited about scattering kindness event to those I don’t know. Blessings.

49. D.Keisler says:

I want to take my recyclables today you know to the little metal container in the parking lot at the supermarket. I always dread the line. We live in the desert and it’s already over 100°. Anyway As I watch the young man who works there multitasking with a machine not working and people not happy it was taking so long! The study came to mind “this is a necesssry person” in my life today, time to scatter kindness. So I went in and got him a nice cold Gatorade! He was thrilled! And I think him for his hard work! Because I had been there yesterday and tried to take my recyclables and I couldn’t do it the line was so long!

50. Christy G says:

When I was setting up my goals for this year, one that I came across and decided to do was to write my hubby a note weekly. I’ve had this collection of postcard type cards that you rip out and add a note to forever. I’ve been using them this year. I’m hoping that they’re blessing him, but more importantly, they’re helping me focus on being grateful for him and all he does for me and our family. I’ve done mine for this week. Maybe I’ll send him an extra one. And I need to send notes to my boys for the same reasons. Thanks for the reminders…..

51. I paid for someone’s dinner the other night before I left the diner 🙂

52. Wow… I’m so far behind on this study it’s not even funny. Fact is, I felt God nudging at my heart strings to do this study, to get involved, so I bought the book and started out.. but life gets in the wsy sometimes. And I’m the crazy busyness of it all, I just couldn’t keep up. But this morning as I was mentally fretting and praying about something, I was drawn to my OBS email. And there within I found a golden nugget of an opportunity to spread kindness, especially as Mother’s Day is approaching. God placed an idea in my heart a few days ago to do something very simple but on my part, it takes a lot on the inside, especially now since this person’s actions is the reason I was up early this morning fretting and praying. Yes, I know I’m not supposed to worry but given the seriousness of this situation, my flesh tends to fret when my spirit says hush and and it over to God. So today, I’m going to give it to God, spread a little kindness, and do what he’s called me to do.

• Oops.. I noticed a few typos. Please excuse as it was 5 am and I was still feeling the need to fret, while making coffee and talking to my stepson before he left for work. I feel a sweet peace comforting my soul, as I just quietly give it to God, and scatter kindness❤️

53. Ashley says:

The people who work at the nursery at my church are awesome. My son always looks foward to going Friday night when I have a bible study and on Sundays for church. He always talks about how he loves his “teachers”. This Friday I will bake cookies and I will bring the nursery workers a thank you card and maybe a little candy to show how much I appreciate what they do.

54. Christine says:

Karen- just wanted to tell you that I love your book and am learning so much! Also wanted to say how beautiful you look in your white shirt with the blue beads! As soon as the video started I thought- wow- she’s so pretty. And then I thought- why shouldn’t I take a second and tell her that! Christine

55. Michelle says:

when does the next bible study begin?

56. I really enjoyed this lesson today.You can never be to kind.I try to send cards to people that are sick, grieving,or what ever the need may be .You can never have to much kindness.I like “Scatter Kindness ” I have written this in my Bible because I always want to remember this. I have really enjoyed this Bible study and have learned so much.