Boomerang of Blessings

“Listen, Love, Repeat” Study Leader, Nichole Stern | Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies | #ListenLoveRepeat #P31OBSHey y’all! Welcome to our final Friday of #ListenLoveRepeat! It’s been a pleasure to walk through this study with you. We’ve been blessed to hear all the ways you’re applying what we’re learning here in real life. Well done, friends!

To wrap up, today we have our last teaching video from Karen Ehman, and it’s overflowing with beautiful truth to help us win others over with kindness. If you’d like to view closed captioning as you watch, click here for instructions.

If you can’t view the video above, click here to watch on YouTube.

And in case you’ve missed any of the previous week’s videos, no worries. We have those right here for you to view (for free through May 19, or any time if you get the DVD!):

A big THANK YOU to Zondervan for providing these videos for us during our study! If you’d like a DVD copy of your own, you can purchase them here.

Karen shares several stories in today’s video about the boomerang effect of blessings. Share with us a time you received a blessing from someone whom you were showing kindness. I’ll go first. 🙂

I love coffee, so often the time I spend with others is over a steaming cup. Because of this, I’ve received many coffee cups as gifts. One cup I received from a dear friend and her daughter along with these words: “I see your life and how you always try to give people Jesus. This cup reminded me of you.”

“Boomerang of Blessing” by Nichole Stern | Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies | #ListenLoveRepeat #P31OBS

Y’all. These words from my friend encouraged me so much. We’re never going to get it right every time. But when we love God and others well, we’re giving them Jesus, and oftentimes, we find ourselves blessed in return.

Looking forward to reading your stories in the comments!

We’ve loved having you with us for our this #P31OBS and although today is technically the end of the study, we hope you’ll join us for our upcoming summer study (you can learn more and sign up here) and continue these Listen, Love, Repeat teachings for many years to come!

~Nichole

Comments

1. Ashley says:

I just have to say… I LOVE this study! Karen’s word are such a blessing! Many, many treasures within those pages. I also commend the OBS team because this is hands down my favorite format for the actual study. Two days of reading, two days of Bible study… and Karen’s video teaching to top it off. Genius!! Thanks to all of you and your dedication to spreading God’s word.

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Hi Ashley, we are so glad that you were apart of this Bible study and that you enjoyed it and took so many treasure away from it. You are so welcome and we hope you will sign up today and join us for our next Bible study Me, Myself, & Lies. It is going to be amazing as well!

2. Beth Clipp says:

I mentor a little girl with Big Brother Big Sisters. I enjoy listening to a christian radio station. When we first began she would always get in my car and request to change the station to her “rock” station. That has changed she is enjoying the christian music and whenever we go somewhere or she has the opportunity to make something it always seems to be for me.

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Hi Beth, that is so awesome! What a way to be a witness and shinning light for Jesus to her. We hope you will sign up today and join us for our next Bible study Me, Myself, & Lies. It is going to be amazing as well! Keep up the amazing work for God.

3. Melissa B says:

We had just moved to another county and we were at Walmart (imagine that). We were in line and this lady walked up with a few items and she began talking to me about how well my children were behaving and how beautiful they were and we kept talking. She said it must be really hard with three children. I said sometimes. Sometimes were are ok and then at other times we are at rock bottom, but the Lord gets us through it. Well I walked up to pay and she told the lady “I’m paying for hers.” I said you can’t, my husband won’t let you.” She said “Yes he will.” I began to cry. It was over $100 and I was speechless. I told her she didn’t have to do that, but she said she did. I thanked her and God. I will never forget that. There was another time we were at rock bottom and I prayed to God we needed a miracle. We had no money to pay for my doctors visit, it was more than usual. I tried using my credit card that didn’t work, so I had my husband to go to the apartment to get my checkbook but I knew there was not enough to cover it. There was this lady beside me paying and she asked the lady how much is her bill $40. She said “I’ll pay it.” I knew the Lord had sent her. I began to cry. My husband said “I will need your address to repay you”. She said “no you don’t.” I thanked her and God. God had never failed me and he had never left me stranded. Show kindness to others no matter what.

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Wow Melissa, that is awesome! We serve a mighty God. he is the great provider and nothing is to small for Him. Love hearing these stories because they help encourage others and remind them of God’s provision and love. We hope you will sign up today and join us for our next Bible study Me, Myself, & Lies. It is going to be amazing as well!

• SUZIE V. says:

Beautiful stories, what blessings from God!

4. Rachel Pike says:

This study has inspired me so much! I too want to be a Tabitha…a gazelle…swift and intentional in doing good and helping the poor. And poor isn’t just about financial status but poor of health spirit etc. So many need hope..Jesus. i want to see with the eyes of God’s heart. Today’s stories brought tears to my eyes as i was getting ready for work listening and TRYING to get my eye color on lol. Thank you for sharing your life wisdom and experiences! xo

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Hi Rachel, we are so glad that you were apart of this Bible study and that you enjoyed it and it inspired you. You are so welcome and we hope you will sign up today and join us for our next Bible study Me, Myself, & Lies. It is going to be amazing as well!

5. Kim Davis says:

Again, another awesome and beautiful OBS from Proverbs 31. During this study 📖 we had a tragic accident occur in our family. My step son was stabbed in the chest. The doctors had to open his chest to find that his liver was punctured and to rule out any damage to his heart. He also had a lung collapse. I witnessed my husband for the first time be the loving, supportive father I have been praying for. After being by his side at the hospital for a week, he brought him to our house to continue his recovery. All praise and glory belongs to God! I love you all and look forward to our next Study together. May God continue to bless Proverbs 31 Ministries.

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Hi Kim, You and your family are in our prayers. Thank you Jesus that His hand of protection was on your son and the work He is doing in your husband. Answer to your prayers. We are so glad that you were apart of this Bible study and that you enjoyed it . You are so welcome and we hope you will sign up today and join us for our next Bible study Me, Myself, & Lies. It is going to be amazing as well!

6. Susan Stewart says:

Best online Bible study yet !!
    I love the way Karen is so down to earth and such a loving and giving Christian woman
    Thank you for the opportunity to live ,listen and learn and then repeat again

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Hi Susan, we are so glad that you were apart of this Bible study. You are so welcome and we hope you will sign up today and join us for our next Bible study Me, Myself, & Lies. It is going to be amazing as well!

7. Susan Kolb says:

This study is just what I needed. It has been a challenging time in our lives and it has been easy to turn inward and build a wall around ourselves. Something kept tugging at my heart saying it wasn’t right to do that. So, I continued day by day to get up and go to work (I am a substitute teacher). This week is teacher appreciation week and one of our 8th graders who will be going to high school next year handed me a card. Inside she had written a precious note thanking me for taking time to talk to her and encourage her as she prepares for that scary place called high school. Boomerang! I was so touched but her kind words. And the timing could not have been better!

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Hi Susan, that is awesome how God is using you to minister to these kids. Love God’s timing. We hope you will sign up today and join us for our next Bible study Me, Myself, & Lies. It is going to be amazing as well!

8. Julie Overstreet says:

Hi Karen and thank you so much for this awesome Bible study, Listen, Love & Repeat. This was an awesome study and I know I will read this book again. These weeks have flown by and I was fortunate enough to attend every #BibleStudyLive. It’s amazing and awesome how many ladies from all other the world come together on a Thursday night ready to study and hear God’s Word. Thank you and all the P31 team and volunteers for all your hard work. God Bless you all and have a very blessed weekend!!! Love & Hugs!!!

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Hi Julie, we are so glad that you were apart of this Bible study and that you enjoyed it and were able to be apart of Bible Study Live. You are so welcome and we hope you will sign up today and join us for our next Bible study Me, Myself, & Lies. It is going to be amazing as well! Have a blessed day!

9. Virginia Maguire says:

I do believe that although I’ve always tried to show kindness that this study has taught me how to do it even better! I am truly grateful to OBS and Karen for showing me the ways.

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Hi Virgina, we are so glad that you were apart of this Bible study and that you enjoyed it.. You are so welcome and we hope you will sign up today and join us for our next Bible study Me, Myself, & Lies. It is going to be amazing as well! Have a blessed day!

10. SUZIE V. says:

Thank you Karen & Proverbs 31 for this Bible Study. It helped me to see how I can be the hands and feet of Jesus and bless others and put others first. What beautiful stories Karen shared, those Mother Day’s stories brought tears to my eyes (it also brought to mind some wonderful memories of my own mom’s “boomerang blessings” as she always there to lend a helping hand to others—my mom went on to be with the Lord a few years ago. )…………………….

One thing I will share to let others know just how simple things that we do can make a difference. A couple of friends were going through some difficult and tough times, I wrote a note in a couple of cards and placed them on their desk at work when they weren’t around just to let them know I cared and was praying for them:

One friend’s husband had lost his job, and she was also caring for her grand daughter while her daughter
    re-cooped from her divorce, adding to that she was going through a difficult time at work.

Another friend had a son who was in the military and was deployed to Afghanistan—he would write to his mom telling her how scared he was because when he went on patrol he never knew whether he would make it back. I let her know I was prayer for God’s protection for her son and others in his squadron that were serving with him, and also for God to give her His peace and comfort.

I was surprised when I got the biggest hugs from both of these ladies, thanking me for my prayers. Just a note and prayers made a difference to them, and their gratitude touched my heart too–boomerang blessings all around for just a small act. .
    P.S. My friend’s son arrived safely home from his Deployment which was an added blessing from God.
    P.S.S. I already signed up for the next P31 Bible Study 🙂

11. michelle bosley says:

I have done several bible studies in the past…and although they were all so good AND helpful, I truly must say this one, Listen, Love & Repeat has been by far the one which touched my heart the most…I am far from perfect but yet I could relate to some of the suggestions that were made…
    I also LOVED when Karen would have her videos…her inviting us in when telling some of her most personal stories made me feel as if I was more than just an online bible study – more so a friend
    thank you !

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Michelle — I loved that you said you felt a personal connection rather than just an online study. Hooray. We love connection! And we love that this study was a heart drop for you and that you will be able to take some of these suggestions and go #scatterkindness

12. Brenda Pisco says:

I remember the feeling I got when I went straight to a new employee in my company to introduce myself, when it looked like no one did. It turned out, a few weeks later, that she asked God for someone she can call friend who can prayer with her. What a wonderful gift I received just by knowing her to this day. When she comes to my mind, I would just ask God to place a hedge of protection to her and her daughters, sometimes they are in places that may cause them harm, but God is always good and does protect more than I know.
    May all of you be blessed for all you have done

13. Lorraine Green says:

I use to have and elderly man live up above me, when I moved in I would wrap his door and asked if he would like some dinner, each week round about 3 or 4 times I would send him dinner, he took Ill so I made dinner everyday, he wasn’t able to walk much or come down to house my hubby would bring it up to him and sometimes he sat with him at nights for company attend to him whenever needed as his family lived far away.
    When our birthdays and Christmas come up he would send us presents, money vouchers and phone our house singing happy birthday or wishing us a merry christmas, we said we did not want anything and his family said no we appreciate those things you both do as we can’t get to him and you both are very kind to take him under your wing and look after him so we know he is safe.
    On Christmas 2 years ago Jimmy died in hospital, he kept talking about us and he made sure before he died that we would have our Christmas pressies before he died and he told me thank you very much for the lovely food and for looking after me nobody else has ever done that before, with tears I write this as we loved and miss him very much and it was a pleasure looking after him and his family still keep in touch with us, so it should more blessed to give than to receive, so now I’m looking out for a someone else to feed or whatever God wants me to do.
    Thanks to all our teachers and to Karen for a beautiful Bible study I have loved every moment of it and can’t wait til the next one starts.

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Thank you Lorraine for sharing this story. What are seemingly small acts of kindness to us can have a huge impact on others. There are so many elderly who live lonely lives and you were a very bright light to him. You are so awesome and I am so glad that this bible study was such a great study for you.

14. Linda Slomp says:

This was the first time I was part of an on-line Bible study and loved it. So much practical information and suggestions. Unfortunately the live chats were during our supper time being in Alberta so missed them. I did find it very fast paced, and hope to reread the book with a highlighter, pen and note pad. Just didn’t have time for that now. Have been appreciating your daily devotions for a long time and look forward to see what you have next. May the Lord continue to bless you in all that you do in your ministry

15. Leanna Hagen says:

My neighbor is a widow whose birthday is the same day as mine. She has one child, but he is grown and lives far away now. Every year some time around our birthday (and Mother’s Day) I enjoy knocking on her door and “capturing” her for a morning cup of tea or a walk to her favorite place to eat a meal. She, in turn, has blessed our family with the YUMMIEST home-baked cookies or bread or just a meal she couldn’t finish! Her daily smile warms my heart, and I know she appreciates being remembered every day.

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

Thank you for sharing this touching story Leanna. Clearly, you both are blessing each other!

16. Sarah Liddy says:

I do my best to bless others, I sometimes even buy extra when we go out to just look for someone I can bless. I have made it a priority everyday now to “check in” with family/friends to see how they are doing.
    Thanks
    Sarah

17. Karen Reese says:

I have always used my personal laptop be it old…to help do ministry work (administrative and creative & etc)….When my computer that I used to do my volunteer work for this ministry crashed….someone gave me a laptop they had so I could continue to serve. I am so blessed to be a part of ministry and see God work in lives. If we put ourselves out there for God to use….He will.

18. Debra B says:

I never knew there was such a thing as on on-line Bible study. I am so glad I saw this in my newsletter “Encouragement for Today”. I have really enjoyed setting time aside each morning to read a chapter or do a Bible study, and the videos were a great change of pace. I learned a lot about how I can minister to others and how important it is that we do good deeds.

I liked OBS so much I signed up for the next one!
    Thanks1

• Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Team says:

We are so happy that you joined OBS Debra. Thank you for being a part of the study and chatting here on the blog. We look forward to doing our next study with you. Blessings.

19. Janine says:

I have been volunteering as women’s Bible study leader at my church for several years now. I felt called to do this. The kind comments from the ladies and thank you note from my pastor for my service have really touched my heart. I have grown spiritually throughout this time. I think it is an example of trying to be a blessing to others and being blessed in return.

20. Lynnette says:

Just this week I shared a meme on Facebook to thank all of my friends for being a part of my life. At least three people responded by telling me just what I mean in their lives – and I would never have guessed I had made that kind of an impression or impact on them!

21. Stephanie Murphy says:

This “Listen, Love, Repeat” book and OBS has touched my heart deeply. Thank you Karen for writing, teaching and encouraging me as well as my family. Sure appreciate Proverbs 31 Ministries and all who help make it successful. Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!

22. carolyn a cox-martin says:

One of the best Proverbs31 online Bible studies! i really enjoyed this one, as all the previous ones. I have already signed up for the next one in June! Thank you so much for doing these! May God continually bless you and those who help to keep this flowing and encouraging all of us. Again, thank you!

We look forward to seeing you in June, Carolyn! Thanks for joining us 🙂

23. Karen,I loved this study and you are such a beautiful woman. Your love shines through you. I just know that you have touched and blessed many hearts. Your one in a million.I’m glad that I’ve met you through P31. Your a blessing.

24. Lorraine Green says:

Just wana say Big thank you to Karen and the other girls for this study of Listen.Love.Repeat, I really enjoyed the study and it has blessed me and really looking forward to the next study.
    Karen you are such a lovely lady, the love of Jesus sure shines from you, I wish you lived beside me lol xx may God continually bless you and the other girls of proverbs 31 ministries who help and encourage us all.praise be to our God from whom all blessings flow.Haleluyah!

25. Danielle says:

I have really enjoyed this study, and am so grateful to P31 for this study, and to Karen for writing this book! It reminded me of my grandma. She passed away about 8 years ago, but I remember her collecting gifts for others, sending notes and letters of encouragement, and making her home welcoming to others. My grandma was so good at hospitality. She had a gift closet where she would stash her finds from sales, discount stores, and all over. Whenever I brought anyone to her house, they felt that warm and cozy feeling. I miss her very much, but her example had a huge impact on me. This book study reminded me that when we show love to others, we hope they look to God, and see some of His love for them. I now have some new ideas to add to my toolbox, and am on the lookout for those in need. This is big for me because I am alone with my toddler most of the time, an introvert, and often get stuck in my own thoughts. Now when I go out, I’m listening for opportunities to bless others.
    I’m looking forward to the next study!

26. Christy G says:

I have soooo enjoyed this study. Crying along with you at your beautiful stories, Karen! Makes me think of the young lady we invited to live with us a few years ago. She comes from a rough background, and while both parents live in town with us, she moved in with us the day after she turned 18. We took her to her parents’ houses (they’re divorced) just about any time she wanted to go, and never kept her from either of them. But the impact she had on our lives, and we had on hers, is immeasurable. My boys still call her their sister. She is so much the daughter of my heart, even if I didn’t give birth to her. I find myself wanting to do more things like this with my life – investing in others lives to make them better. To show them Jesus. Thank you for reminding me and encouraging me to continue on this path. I can’t wait for the next study.

27. Renée says:

I just want to say, I really enjoyed this study. I cannot believe that it’s over. Thank all of the women at Proverbs 31 Ministry for their dedication and hard work. I look forward to the next OBS. Thank you again.

28. Terese Jones says:

Even though I started late and then failed to keep up with everything, ugh; I got a lot out of this study. The hospitality part really hit home for me and I was able to show my neighbors love and acceptance through a “gourmet hot-dog” party, of all things.
    Thanks and I look forward to the next study,
    God bless,
    Terese

Trackbacks

1. Bought A Beautiful Jesus Fabric Checkbook

[…] er was punctured and to rule out any damage to his heart. He also had a lung col […]

2. Best Buy Bright Blessings Birthday Bless

[…] k, he brought him to our house to continue his recovery. All praise and glory be […]

3. These Beautiful Bright Blessings

[…] her I have been praying for. After being by his side at the hospital for a week, […]