Not sure about you, but the cooler temperatures of autumn in the air bring sweet memories of getting together with friends and lingering over hot cider and pumpkin spice coffee. Something about that connecting time that … sigh … is just soo good for my soul! (And if you’re in a climate without four seasons then … well … I’ll try to have pity. Hee hee!)
Speaking of connecting with friends … in today’s Thankful Thursday post, we wanted to let you know a little bit more about our Radio Ministry, hosted by Lysa TerKeurst and Renee Swope, and our speaker teams who connect everyday life encouragement and inspiration.
First, a few fun facts! Did you know …
- Everyday Life with Lysa & Renee, a one-minute radio show, airs on more than 1,400 stations around the U.S.
- You don’t even have to have a radio to listen to the show? (You can listen online, 24/7!) It’s like a mini-devotion! You can also search to find a Christian radio station near you.
- There are 13 speakers who are personally trained by Lysa TerKeurst and can speak to most any size group or budget.
- That our P31 speakers have a great heart! Our devotions ministry was born out of our speaker team returning from events, and hearing from women who wanted to be mentored!
Karen Christian, who handles the details on booking our speakers, has a knack for talking event planners through their needs for each event to give it a personalized touch with just the right person and topic.
On a personal note, I’m excited to talk about these ministries because I’ve been listening to Lysa TerKeurst & Renee Swope for years! Via radio, podcasts and online. And now as my youngest two kids fall asleep many a night listening to K-LOVE Radio, they love that I work for Proverbs 31, as they listen to Lysa and Renee’s voices all the time!
Finally, as a former women’s ministry director I’ve also booked speakers for church events and believe me … sadly, there are a a few pretty well-known speakers who really don’t make it easy to work with them! But that’s sooo not the case for Proverbs 31 speakers. Super professional, kind, courteous, smart, timely … I could go on and on. And the speakers themselves? Fantastically personal. Spiritually encouraging. Biblically solid. Funny. And amazingly down-to-earth. So, let me just say, if you’re looking for a heart-felt endorsement, here’s mine!
We can’t wait to talk with Bob Goff, The New York Times bestselling author of Love Does. As P31 Executive Director for Training Lisa J. Allen said to our staff last week, “He is a DELIGHT, a TREASURE, a GIFT. Our audience is going to be BLOWN AWAY by him.”
There’s still time to join the optional 6-Call Series with special guests Lysa TerKeurst, Angie Smith, Jeff Shinabarger and more! Every call is recorded for you to join live or at your leisure, and the private Facebook group is open for added discussion throughout the week! As I often say, at just $4.67 a call, it’s waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper than therapy, but equally great for the heart and soul! Learn more or sign up, HERE.
More Thursday Fun!
Join us TONIGHT for Proverbs 31 Bible Study Live — a fast-paced, FREE Facebook event that’ll connect the themes of The Best Yes in a way like no other! RSVP to be there LIVE, or join us after the fact, at your convenience.
What to bring:
- Your Bible
- The Best Yes book
- Note cards (5, just in case)
Let’s Chat: We’d Love to Hear From You!
Comment today and you’ll be entered to win a Conference Call series! (If you’re already signed up for this current series, you can pick a past one of your choice.) We’ll randomly select three winners and notify you via email by Monday, Oct. 6.
Share your thoughts on any one of these topics ~
- Do you listen to our Proverbs 31 radio show? If so, how and where?
- Why would you want to win the Conference Call series?
- What’s a topic you’d love to see covered in a future P31 speaker’s event or radio show?