Hey, Keep It Shut OBSers! It’s Melissa here to wrap up Week 1 of our awesome Keep It Shut OBS!
Someone asked me today, “Can you sum up the first week of the Keep It Shut OBS in one word?”
I answered, “Of course I can …WOW!”
Why “WOW,” you might ask?
Because of YOU! This is one of the most interactive, talkative and biggest studies we’ve ever had here at Proverbs 31. Do you know there are over 44,000 people in our Bible study group? Do you know the people in this group are from all over the world? Just think what a pleasant world this is going to be with 44,000 people knowing “what to say, how to say it, and when to say nothing at all!”
This week, we’ve learned the power of the tongue and how we can communicate better with family, friends and others. We’ve also learned how being intentional to be in God’s Word can truly change the course of our day & help us with all we are beginning to apply from Keep It Shut. Dare I say, Keeping It Shut would be nearly impossible without the Word of God! I know I do much better AFTER I’ve spent time with God … Amen?
I want to close this week with a reminder from Chapter 2 and Proverbs 16:24:
This verse helps me when I’d like to lash out or speak in a not-so-nice way. To think the words I speak have the power to hurt or heal is crazy to me. But God’s Word tells us they do. So how about it, y’all? Let go with the gracious words: sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Gracious words, even when we don’t feel like it. Gracious words to our family, friends and others we interact with.
Oh yeah, one more thing! I’d LOVE for you to join me this coming Monday night for our very first conference call in our Keep It Shut Conference Call Series! We’ve changed the live calls to Mondays at 8 p.m. ET and reduced the price significantly. I’m super excited about this series, because it is really going to help us go the extra step in changing the way we communicate. Check out:
Have you ever said something and thought, “Why on earth did I just say that?!” or “Did I really just hit the send button? Can I please start over?!”
Our words (and texting fingers) have the power to build others up or tear them down, which is exactly why we need to be experts in communicating with others.
Sign up today for this fun, practical and interactive Conference Call series as we learn what to say, how to say it and when to say nothing at all. This six-session series will help equip you to:
- Strengthen your relationships through the words you choose to say aloud and the words you leave unspoken
- Learn the language of who you are communicating with so that they hear and understand you better
- Speak the truth with love and grace, even when it’s difficult
- Learn what, when and how to speak straight from God’s Word
Our incredible speaker line-up includes six amazing guests you can relate to, love and learn from. Join us on this journey and discover how to make your words matter!
CONFERENCE CALL GUESTS
1. Liz Curtis Higgs (Monday, February 2, 8 p.m. ET), author of both fiction & non-fiction Christian books. Liz’s messages are biblical, encouraging, down-to-earth and profoundly funny, helping both sisters and seekers embrace the truth of God’s amazing, unchanging grace.
2. Annie Downs (Monday, February 9, 8 p.m. ET), author and speaker based in Nashville, Tenn. Flawed, but funny, Annie uses her writing to highlight the everyday goodness of a real and present God through Scripture, personal stories and humor.
3. Candace Cameron Bure (Monday, February 16, 8 p.m. ET), actress, producer, New York Times bestselling author and inspirational speaker, Candace is both outspoken and passionate about her family and faith. Known to millions worldwide from her role as “D.J. Tanner” on “Full House,” and her stunning performances and impressive finish on “Dancing with the Stars,” Candace continues to flourish in the entertainment industry as role model to women of all ages.
4. Dr. Emerson Eggerichs (Monday, February 23, 8 p.m. ET), an internationally-known public speaker on the topic of male/female relationship, Dr. Eggerichs is the President and Founder of Love and Respect Ministries. He and his wife, Sarah, created the Love and Respect Conference, which is based on over three decades of counseling, as well as scientific and biblical research. Dr. Eggerichs has also authored several books, including the national bestseller Love & Respect.
5. Darlene Schacht (Monday, March 2, 8 p.m. ET), award-winning and New York Times best-selling author. Darlene is also known as The Time Warp Wife.
6. Karen Ehman (Monday, March 9, 8 p.m. ET), author of Keep It Shut. Karen is a Proverbs 31 Ministries author and speaker, as well as the ministry’s Professional Development Specialist and a teaching staff member on their writer’s training site, COMPEL.
Best of all, if you can’t be on the LIVE call on Monday nights, each call is recorded and available for later listening and/or download. Plus, we have a private Conference Call Facebook group led by a Proverbs 31 leader for all participants who are on Facebook who sign up and choose this option.
Get Signed Up for the Conference Calls Here and, if you aren’t 100% satisfied, we will give you a full refund! What have you got to lose?
- What was your biggest take-away from Week 1 of Keep It Shut?
- Are you watching the Super Bowl on Sunday? Are you pulling for the Patriots or Seahawks? Are you watching just for the commercials? Or could you care less?
Join the conversation with us today! What you have to say matters! We LOVE it when you talk to us!
Still waiting for your Keep It Shut book to arrive? You can download the first 3 chapters by clicking the pretty Download Now button below!
We have an exciting Week 2 planned for you! Have a great weekend, and we’ll see you back here on Monday!