Here are a few things from our “New to Online Bible Studies” page you might need to know to help you have the BEST online Bible study experience. In fact, whether you’re new or a returning participant & friend, read this post! If after you read this, you still have questions, please let us know in the comment section.
1. The study takes place at http://www.proverbs31.org/online-bible-studies/. This is your #1 source of information. All other outlets, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest are just options. The study is not run on Facebook, and you do not have to have Facebook or other social media sites to do this study — only the Proverbs 31 Ministries OBS blog.
2. Every Monday of the study, we’ll share a basic overview and introduction video of that week’s lessons to help you prepare for the week. Each day there is a new post, Mon. thru Fri., you’ll receive an email with your assignment for that day.
3. There will be Bible study activities on the P31 OBS blog on various days during the week. You will be invited to share in the comment section. This is where you can interact with all of your OBS sisters from all over the world. There will be homework and study ideas, memory verse suggestions, discussion questions, video messages and opportunities for you to share. All of this is optional.
4. You’ll need the book (or e-book) we are studying in order to participate in this Online Bible Study. We will be using the book. You will not need any other materials, such as a participant’s guide or DVD. You can order or pick up the book almost anywhere books are sold; we have plenty here in the Proverbs 31 Ministries Bookstore.
5. Other items that will be helpful for this study: a Bible, a notebook, pen or pencil and highlighter.
6. You will get out of this study exactly what you put in to it. Your Bible study leaders will encourage you to keep up with our schedule by carving out a specific time to work on Bible Study. Make this study a priority. You signed up. That means you are making a real commitment to this study and that’s great! You can do this! Make this a priority in your life. You are worth it! And you won’t regret it!
7. Online Bible Study Archives: If you ever miss a few days or miss a post, have no fear! Every part of this study on this blog is saved in our View Past Studies section in the right column.
Options for You
We receive life change stories from our ladies after each study. There’s usually one thing they have in common. They got involved on a deeper level.
Our conference call series is a great way to engage in the study. The Best Yes conference call series has amazing guests that you can relate to, love and learn from. All the details will be announced next Monday, September 22, but I’ll leave you with this little riddle: What do Lysa TerKeurst, Angie Smith, Bob Goff, Jeff Shinabarger, Melissa Taylor, Nicki Koziarz, Lisa Allen, Kristy Aiken, Shelly Faust & lots of giveaways have in common?
Join us live for these calls OR listen to the recordings.
This is where we share real life daily on the OBS blog. If you visit the OBS blog daily and respond then you are actively participating and we love that! Your voice (comment) matters! You can comment daily at the bottom of each post.
Proverbs 31 Bible Study LIVE!: This event takes place every Thursday evening at 8 p.m. ET during a study. For one hour, we have a LIVE Bible study happening on our Facebook page. Just go to our Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Facebook page and click “Events.” Bring your Bible and a notebook, a cup of tea or whatever you like. This is a fun, exciting and active way to do Bible study with your P31 OBS friends from all over the world.
On our OBS Facebook page you will find loads of inspiration, encouragement, pictures, verses and fun~ you can join in the conversation or share our posts on your own personal Facebook page. The P31 OBS team is often found chatting it up on our Facebook page and would love for you to join us! View our Facebook page here. SAVE THE DATE! We’ll have one Facebook party during this study on October 14 at 8 p.m. ET. Our popular Proverbs 31 Bible Study LIVE! takes place here each Thursday during the study at 8 p.m. ET. Join our Facebook community and “Like” us today!
At P31OBS, we LOVE Twitter and many of the ladies on our team have Twitter accounts. Twitter is not like Facebook. Where Facebook gives you the opportunity to post and share at length, Twitter is short and sweet. Each “tweet” (post) is only allowed to be 140 characters long. View our Twitter profile page here. We’ll be hosting one Twitter party during this study on September 30 at 8 p.m. ET. Hope you can join us for that! You can also view @P31OBS tweets in the right column of this blog in the Live Twitter Feed. Our hashtag for this study is #TheBestYes.
Pinterest is a one-stop-shop for ideas on EVERYTHING! On our Pinterest page, we share beautifully designed scriptures from the study, quotes from the books we are studying, recipes, activities, and more. And we love it when you view our pins and “pin it” to your own Pinterest page or share it on FB, Twitter, or Instagram. Visit our Pinterest page here.
Instagram is all about pictures. Supposedly a picture speaks a thousand words. If so, Instagram is filled with stories of real hope for real life. View our Instagram here.
I hope you have found this information helpful! We begin our study in just a few days! It’s not too late to sign up, so if you have any friends looking for a Bible study, let them know about The Best Yes!
Finally, congratulations to Marie, email beginning mgbubilo. You are our winner from Monday’s blog post! Angie will email you about your prize
Oh my goodness! I am so excited to share Lysa TerKeurst’s blog post with you today!!! Why?
Because she has a great deal for everyone who signs up for The Best Yes online Bible study!
From Lysa’s Blog:
“10 Ways to Graciously Say No When You Feel Pressured to Say Yes”
I knew the request was unrealistic. My brain cued all the right signals for my mouth to say no. But somewhere between the sinking feeling in my heart of how this would affect my relationship with this person and the pressure of her expectations for me to agree to her request, I blurted out, “Yes, of course!”
I said yes when I absolutely, positively knew I should say no!
And I have a feeling I’m not the only one who has this scenario play out in their lives over and over.
And for those of you already signed up for The Best Yes online Bible study, check your email this afternoon. We will send you the same thing we are giving those who sign up starting now. We wouldn’t want you to miss out
And don’t forget to come back tomorrow when we announce the winner from yesterday’s give-away!
Now, if you haven’t already, get over to Lysa’s blog NOW! You DO NOT want to miss her offer and what she has just for you!