Frequently Asked Questions
Q.) How/where do I sign up for the study?
A.) Click here to sign up for our current study. Once you’ve filled in the required fields and clicked the blue “Sign Up” button, you’ll receive a confirmation email. Once you’ve signed up for the study, you’ll receive the study-related blog posts, directly to your inbox.
Q.) Where does the study take place?
A.) Our studies take place on our blog at http://proverbs31.org/online-bible-studies/current-study. But again, once you’ve signed up for the study, all study-related blog posts will be sent directly to your email as they become available. Though you can find us on many other outlets, such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, our studies do not take place on those platforms. You do not need a Facebook (or any other social media) account to do our studies. They are there for extra community and encouragement.
Q.) Is the study really free?
A.) Signing up for the study is free. Anyone can access and work through our study content posted on the blog. The only thing you will need to purchase is the book we are studying (see the next question). For our current study, Listen, Love, Repeat, you do not need to purchase the teaching DVDs to accompany the study. We will provide those on our blog for free through May 19 (scroll down to see the study schedule). We also have many additional options you can add to your study that are free (scroll down to see our study options).
Q.) What do I need for this study?
A.) You’ll need a Bible, a notebook and something to write with.To get the most out of our studies, we recommend you buy the book we’re studying. For our current study, we’ll be using the book Listen, Love, Repeat by Karen Ehman, which you can purchase in the Proverbs 31 Ministries Bookstore or in a book retailer of your choice. The blog, along with the study book, are your number-one study sources. All other outlets and resources for the study are extra options you can add to your study. None of the extras are required to do our studies.
Q.) What does the Online Bible Study Blog schedule look like?
A.) Our blog study schedule varies by study. But for our Listen, Love, Repeat, we’ll be reading and discussing two chapters per week. Here’s what you can expect on the blog (and in your email) for our current study:
- Monday: Join the study leader for a weekly kickoff video with Melissa Taylor, Karen Ehman and Kendra Schwarz, bringing fun, encouragement, information and resources for a successful week of study. Plus, an opportunity to join in the comments section for some study chat!
- Tuesday: Bible study! Here’s your opportunity to take the biblical content in Listen, Love, Repeat a little deeper with a Bible study PDF to work through.
- Wednesday: Join your study leader for a motivating midweek check-in message and another opportunity to chat it up in the comments!
- Thursday: Another day of digging and discussion with a Bible study PDF!
- Friday: Join your study leader for a video teaching by Karen Ehman and some weekly wrap-up chat in the comments.
PLUS, to help you stay in the know all study long, we also have a study companion just for you. This printable companion is your one-stop shop for all the study happenings. Simply click here to download this resource to your device. Then you can choose to print it or pull it up on your device at anytime during the study.
Q.) Can I access any past posts or studies I missed?
Options for You
When we receive life-changing stories from our ladies after each study, there’s usually one thing they have in common: They got involved on a deeper level. Listed below are all the options available for you!
Group Chat/Comment Section: FREE!
This is where we share real life on the OBS blog. If you visit the OBS blog daily and respond in the comments, then you’re actively participating and we love that! Your voice matters! You can comment daily at the bottom of each blog post where it says, “Join the Conversation.” Want to connect even more? Spend some time reading and replying to some of the other comments!
Teaching Series (formerly known as the Conference Call Series): COST: $14.99
Karen Ehman, author of Listen, Love, Repeat, and a few special guests, including Melissa Taylor, Nicki Koziarz and Lindsay Marsolais, will bring you letters from the Apostle Paul in this upcoming teaching series.
Through these letters you’ll learn a little history behind books Paul wrote (know it), understand how he encouraged others in the midst of unplanned life events (learn it) and get practical application to help you take what we’ve studied out to your community (do it).
Study Events: FREE!
Here’s the events available for our Listen, Love, Repeat Study:
- Bible Study LIVE: These events are an hour of fun and fast-paced, LIVE Bible study on Facebook Thursday evenings at 8 p.m. EDT during the study. To RSVP and join your P31 OBS friends from all over the world, go to our Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Facebook page and click “Events.”
- Twitter Party: We will have a kick-off party Tuesday, April 4 at 9 p.m. EDT AND a wrap-up party Tuesday, May 2 at 9 p.m. EDT! Be sure to follow @P31OBS and use the hashtag #ListenLoveRepeat to follow along.
- Facebook Party: Mark your calendars for Tuesday, April 11 at 8 p.m. EDT and get ready for fun, giveaways and friends! Closer to the party, go to our Facebook page and click on “Events” to RSVP.
- Instagram Party: It’s time to take this whole party thing to Instagram! Join us Wednesday, April 19 at 8:00 p.m. EDT! Follow @P31OBS and use the hashtag #ListenLoveRepeat to join in the fun.
Social Media: FREE!
Follow us and use the hashtags #P31OBS and #ListenLoveRepeat to follow along on social media and to join the conversation.
- Facebook @P31OBS
On our OBS Facebook page you’ll find loads of inspiration, encouragement, pictures, verses and fun. You can join in the conversation or share on your own personal Facebook page. The P31 OBS team is often found chatting it up on our Facebook page and would love for you to join us! View our Facebook page here. Join our Facebook community and “Like” our page today!
- Twitter @P31OBS
At P31OBS, we love Twitter. Many of the ladies on our team have Twitter accounts. Twitter is not like Facebook — where Facebook gives you the opportunity to post and share at length, Twitter is short and sweet. Each tweet/ post can only be 140 characters long. View our Twitter profile page here. Follow us on Twitter!
- Instagram @P31OBS
Instagram is all about pictures. If a picture speaks a thousand words, Instagram is filled with stories of real hope, for real life. Follow us on Instagram! We can’t wait to connect with you!