1. Where does the study takes place? You can find the study going on on the blog by going to http://www.proverbs31.org/online-bible-studies/. This is your #1 source of information. All other outlets, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram are just options. The study is not run on Facebook, and you do not have to have Facebook or other social media sites to do this study — only the Proverbs 31 Ministries OBS blog. If you registered for the study, you’ll receive the study posts from the P31 blog directly via your email.
2. What does the Online Bible Study Blog schedule look like?
- Monday – check-in video with Melissa Taylor, Nicki Koziarz, Lysa TerKeurst and Kendra Schwarz. Plus, join your study leader in the comments section for some discussion!
- Wednesday – mid-week encouragement from one of our fab study leaders!
- Friday – engaging study blog posts and Bible study discussion + Bible study video teaching by Lysa TerKeurst.
3. What can I expect from the blog? We invite you to share in the Group Chat (comment) section. This is where you can interact with your OBS friends from all over the world. There will be homework and study ideas, memory verse suggestions, discussion questions, video messages and opportunities for you to share. All of this is optional.
Also, we have a new Study Companion just for you. This companion is your one-stop shop for all your online study needs. Need to know when the blog posts are live? It’s in the Study Companion. Want to know what events are going on a particular week of study? It’s in the Study Companion! Click here for the companion and it will download to your computer.
4. What do I need for this study? It’s most helpful to have the book we are studying in order to participate in this Online Bible Study. Our current study will use Finding I AM by Lysa TerKeurst. You will not need any other materials. You can order the book (or an e-book) in the Proverbs 31 Ministries Bookstore or LifeWay. Also, a Bible, a notebook, pen or pencil and a highlighter will be helpful for this study as well.
5. What are the Online Bible Study archives? If you ever miss a few days or miss a post, have no fear! Every part of this study on this blog is saved in our View Past Studies section in the right column.
Options for You
We receive life-changing stories from our ladies after each study. There’s usually one thing they have in common. They got involved on a deeper level.
Teaching Series (formally known as the Conference Call Series):
It can be tough to see how God’s character applies to our everyday life through both the New and Old Testament. But Lysa TerKeurst and a few amazing Bible teachers from the First 5 app writing team have put together a series of lessons to build your understanding of God to help you more confidently understand the Bible!
Through this teaching series, they’ll lead you to discovering who God is on a deeper level by connecting the seven “I Am” statements from the Old to the New Testament. Click here to learn more and to purchase this (optional) teaching series.
Group Chat (comment) Section:
This is where we share real life daily on the OBS blog. If you visit the OBS blog daily and respond, then you are actively participating and we love that! Your voice (comment) matters! You can comment daily at the bottom of each post where it says, “Join the Conversation.”
Proverbs 31 Bible Study LIVE!:
These events takes place Thursday evenings at 8 p.m. ET during each study. For one hour, we have a LIVE Bible study happening on our Facebook page. Just go to our Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies Facebook page and click “Events” to RSVP. Bring your Bible and a notebook and cup of tea or whatever you like. This is a fun, exciting, and active way to do Bible study with your P31 OBS friends from all over the world.
Mark your calendars for Tuesday, January 24th at 8 p.m. ET for our #FindingIAM Facebook party! Be sure to get ready for fun, giveaways and fellowship. Closer to the party, go to our Facebook page and click on “Events” to RSVP!
Another day, another party! Tuesday, January 30th at 9 p.m. ET for our #FindingIAM Twitter party! Be sure to follow @P31OBS and use the hashtag #FindingIAM to follow along!
Use hashtags #P31OBS and #FindingIAM to follow along on social media and to join the conversation.
On our OBS Facebook page you will find loads of inspiration, encouragement, pictures, verses, and fun that you can join in the conversation or share on your own personal Facebook page. The P31 OBS team is often found chatting it up on our Facebook page and would love for you to join us! View our Facebook page here. Join our Facebook community and “Like” us today!
At P31OBS, we LOVE Twitter and many of the ladies on our team have Twitter accounts. Twitter is not like Facebook. Where Facebook gives you the opportunity to post and share at length, Twitter is short and sweet. Each “tweet” (post) is only allowed to be 140 characters long. View our Twitter profile page here. Follow us on Twitter today!
Instagram is all about pictures. Supposedly a picture speaks a thousand words. If so, Instagram is filled with stories of real hope for real life. Follow us on Instagram today!