My marriage has gone through many seasons. Ups, downs and everywhere in between. I’m sad to admit this, but there were times when I wondered if it was really worth it.
Before I tell you more about The Husband Project, let me fill you in on my marriage. If you had asked me last year about my marriage, here’s what I would have told you:
- My marriage is fine.
- My husband is fine. I like him.
- Our family life is fine.
- We love each other.
- We are committed to stay together and have proven that we will do whatever it takes. Marriage counseling probably saved us 10 years ago.
- We have a good routine that works well for both of us.
- Is it exciting? Not exactly, but we’re content.
- Is my husband a priority for me? I don’t want to answer that question.
- Do I take time to notice him? I don’t want to answer that question either.
- Does he notice me? Probably not.
- Do I think my marriage is the best it could be? No, but it isn’t bad.
- I would work more on my marriage, but I don’t think he would want to. We are OK.
So, you can imagine my response when women would ask me, “When are we going to do an OBS on marriage?” In my head I would reply, “Never!” All because I didn’t want to rock the boat.
Fast forward to last January. I was in line at a Weight Watchers meeting and the woman ahead of me told me about The Husband Project by Kathi Lipp. I was intrigued by the premise of this book and the results she was seeing in her marriage. Specifically, her own excitement for her marriage again. So, I went home and ordered the book.
After reading a few pages, I quickly changed my way of thinking. What if the key to a better marriage really could start with me?
I decided to invite a few friends to join me and give this a try. Honestly, I was nervous. What if nothing happened? What if he never noticed? What if it’s all for nothing? All four of us who went through The Husband Project together unanimously agreed: This was one of the best things we’ve done for ourselves and our marriage!
So, why The Husband Project?
There are many reasons, which we will cover over the next few weeks leading up to the study. But my #1 reason would be because we are wives. We make up 50% of our marriage! We can’t change everything, but we can start somewhere. In fact, the key to a better marriage just might begin with us!
When you purchase The Husband Project from Proverbs 31 Ministries, you’ll get 8 Scriptures to Pray When Your Husband Is Overwhelmed for free!
Are you joining us for The Husband Project? What is your why?