A note from Proverbs 31 Ministries: The content in this podcast covers the topic of infidelity, and may serve as a trigger for some due to circumstances in your past. Please see the links below if you need help finding a Christian counselor.
When a friend’s world has been turned upside down by infidelity or other relational tensions, what do you do?
You might think…
What does the Bible say about helping a friend through this?
Does she need me to stay close, or does she need space?
Is it my place to share this as a prayer request, or is that gossip?
Because of her own experience with this, Lysa TerKeurst knows the importance of having solid, grounded friends to support you, especially in a season of extreme marriage struggles. In this episode of The Proverbs 31 Ministries Podcast, Lysa and her licensed professional counselor Jim Cress, as well as Proverbs 31 Ministries director of theology Joel Muddamalle discuss how to care for a friend walking through infidelity in marriage.
- Understand what to say, what not to say and how to pray for your struggling friend as you walk through this season together.
- Understand the heartbreaking toll that emotional trauma can have on the body, and that recognizing your friend’s pain will help her know you see her pain as legitimate and real.
- Learn to let go of the need to have an answer or solution to what your friend is walking through, and start praying more words about the situation than you speak to the situation.
- Lysa TerKeurst’s latest Bible study, Trustworthy, releases November 12, 2019. In this 6-session study on 1 & 2 Kings, you can join Lysa in Israel via video as she honestly reveals the places of distrust in her own heart while exploring the deeply personal, applicable Scriptures that will teach us how to truly trust God. Order your copy of the study through Proverbs 31 Ministries today!
- If you need help processing tough trust issues, we recommend finding a Christian counselor you can trust. The American Association of Christian Counselors is a resource you can trust to find the right counselor for your specific circumstances.
Click here to download the transcript of this episode.