You’re happily scrolling through social media to see what’s going on for the day, and then all of a sudden, you come across a post that has hundreds of comments where people (maybe even some of your friends) are having a “not-so-gracious” discussion. Should you join the conversation or unfollow that person?
Or maybe you’re about to head to a family dinner with people you love dearly, but there’s a sticky topic that’s bound to come up that makes you want to hide under the table. How do you approach that conversation while still honoring the relationships and loving those people?
Whatever or wherever your sticky situation is — online, at the table or with a co-worker — we pray this episode gives you a biblical foundation to help you navigate difficult conversations as an image-bearer of Christ. In this episode, you will…
Understand the value and freedom gained by starting your day with an attitude of forgiveness, before you’re ever offended.
- Be empowered to make a difference in your corner of the world by choosing to create an atmosphere of gentle responses wherever you go.
- Learn how getting involved on social media helps and hinders your relationships, and when to respond with grace or simply not react at all.
Is The Proverbs 31 Ministries Podcast helping you with whatever season of life you’re walking through? We want to hear your story! When you leave a review on iTunes, it helps more people discover our podcast content.
- Do you know someone who’s difficult to love? The lady at church who's always gossiping. The lazy co-worker. That sibling who knows how to push your buttons. We have a free printable just for you! Click here to access “Hugging a Porcupine and Squeezing a Skunk: How to love the difficult people in your life” for FREE today!
- In her book, Unglued, Lysa TerKeurst said, “Am I trying to prove that I’m right, or improve this relationship?” She developed a free resource to help you called “3 Questions to Ask Before You Respond.” Access this downloadable guide for free today!
- Get a free chapter of Lysa TerKeurst’s book, Uninvited, along with an assessment titled, “What’s it like to do life with me?” Simply download the chapter and complete the self-assessment, then prayerfully ask a trusted friend to complete the friend assessment. Click here to get started!
Click here to download the transcript for this episode.