The older we get, the easier it is to recognize that life is a combination of suffering and joy. While we look forward to the joyful times, our suffering has the potential to draw us closer to the Lord … if we choose to steward that season well.
So, how do we do that?
Today on the Proverbs 31 Ministries Podcast, First 5 writer Lyli Dunbar draws from her own life experiences and the book of Daniel to show us four ways to steward our season of suffering well. And guess what? They all start with the letter “P” to make note-taking easy.
With this episode, you will…
- Learn the importance of establishing a routine of getting into God’s Word daily in order to build a strong foundation to stand on when your world gets shaky.
- Discover scriptures in the Psalms you can run to that will help you practice trading the tendency to panic with the power of prayer.
- Understand how worshipping during hard times helps you trust that God is working even when you can’t see it.
- Establish a consistent, weekday quiet time with our First 5 mobile app. It’s free (yes, free!) — all you need to do is go to your app store on your mobile device to download the app and join us in our current study.
- Take your daily study of God’s Word a little deeper with our First 5 Experience Guides. These guides are meant to be a companion to a study you can find within our First 5 mobile app, or stand-alone as an individual study. Each Experience Guide includes helpful study tools such as maps, historical context and an overview of the book(s) you’re studying. Find out more about our Experience Guides here!
Click here to download the transcript for this episode.