Stacy Lowe here, interrupting your Tuesday for something special. As you may know, just yesterday we began the second half of our study. We are loving it, and we hope you are too! We recognize, though, that LIFE. HAPPENS. When it does, it can be easy to fall behind and, in turn, feel like giving up. Well, we’re here to help!
Around here, we like to say we’re better together, and you are a part of that “we.” Back before our study even began, we asked you guys for some of your favorite Bible study tips and tricks to help keep you motivated and on track. You all did not disappoint!
We’ve gathered some of our favorite ideas as shared by you, our P31 OBS friends, and compiled them below. Give them a read, then tuck a few in your back pocket as inspiration and help to keep moving forward!
Are you ready? Here we go!
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR GETTING THE MOST OUT OF YOUR BIBLE STUDY:
- Be intentional! Schedule a time each day to do your study.
- Have kids? Set your alarm for early and do your study before they wake.
- Don’t just download the Study at a Glance; use it to plan out your week of study.
- Don’t feel like you have to do every study option. Do what works for you.
- Keep all your study materials together for easy access.
- Pray before you begin your study time each day.
- Keep a journal to write out those things God is teaching and speaking into you.
- Don’t be afraid to highlight and make notes in your book as you go along.
- Keep a few note cards handy to write Bible verses on, then set them around your home where you’ll see them and be reminded of God’s love for you.
- For a more well-rounded understanding, try reading Scripture in multiple translations.
- Don’t just sit on the sidelines. Participate by engaging with fellow P31 OBSers.
And last, but not least...
- Give yourself grace for those days you can’t get it all done. Don’t give up, and don’t get discouraged! Whatever you’re able to do, God will bless that time and use it.
Just keep swimming, friends, and let’s make the second half of our study even better than the first!
P.S. Enjoy this free downloadable/printable pdf of all the tips and tricks shared here. Have another tip you think should be on the list? Share it with us in the blog comment section!