Amy Carroll’s passion is leading women to deeper delight through the matchless pleasure of rich relationship with God and others. For over 10 years, she has shared messages that enable you to:
- Release the grind of perfection and grasp the joy of living in God’s incomparable love.
- Celebrate the full satisfaction found in moving to deeper relationships.
- Invest yourself in what truly fills instead of chasing what only leaves you hollow.
- Walk away from loneliness and isolation into the delight of sharing life.
Amy is committed to opening up her whole life (the good, the bad and the ugly) to teach the lessons she’s learned in her pursuit of applying God’s truth. She loves teaching scripture in all its unvarnished glory, and her background as an educator has enhanced her God-given ability to share His big truths in small, understandable bites.
Amy’s years of service in women’s ministry leadership and her current position teaching a multi-age Sunday school class for women fuel her belief that the inter-mingling of all ages and stages leads to greater spiritual maturity. She credits godly mentors, mission trips and volunteering for shaping her and constantly inspiring her to grow closer to Jesus.
Amy writes devotions for Proverbs 31 Ministries’ “Encouragement for Today” which are sent out daily to over 850,000 people worldwide. She is the author of Breaking Up with Perfect and contributing author for the NIV Real-Life Devotional Bible for Women and Encouragement for Today. Amy also is the founder and director of Next Step Speaker Services, a coaching service for Christian speakers.
Amy’s an ordinary woman who laughs at corny jokes, cries at Hallmark commercials and is afraid of bouncing checks and her own double chin. She is married to Barry, the man that she still loves madly after over 25 years. Their two sons, Anson and Nolan, keep life lively and full of laughter.
It’s so easy to get side-tracked in the pursuit of earning acceptance, creating our own perfection, and working to meet others’ expectations. Amy challenges both “Good Girls” and “Never Good Enough Girls” to:
- Replace your best efforts with true goodness.
- Reject wrong beliefs that lead you either to over-work or give up and embrace God’s complete acceptance.
- Know God wants you to experience the joy of His closeness instead of the distance caused by shame.
How is a busy woman supposed to build friendships? We were created for deep relationships and intimate connections, but there is a war against the very thing our souls crave. Amy uses personal stories and timeless truths to encourage you to:
- Gain a new perspective on what’s essential in deep friendships and build beyond shallow.
- Find a balance between Facebook time and face time.
- Learn to move through life’s messiness with precious friendships intact.
For women who love Jesus, sharing the Life they’ve gained through faith usually inspires a mix of emotion. We all desire to fulfill the call, spreading good news wherever we are, but that desire is often fused with a nervous, pounding heart and a suddenly still tongue. Amy faces the exact same learning curve. As a woman struggling to live the Life herself, she shares lessons learned along the way and leads you to:
- Embrace consistent speech and lifestyles instead of having “church speak” and “everyday speak”.
- Overcome hesitancy with a vibrant personal story that ignites change.
- Increase fear-crushing confidence by using your experiences with God to make Jesus real for others.
Our lives hold endless potential, and they’re meant to be invested. In this message, Amy urges women to evaluate their pursuits, choosing what truly fill us not what leaves us hollow. She’ll challenge you to:
- Replace the empty pursuits of our culture with quests of substance.
- Build a deeper relationship with God by loving what He loves.
- Find true self-fulfillment through focusing on others.
- Abandon shallow relationships and build ones with impact through generations and into eternity.
The idea of friendship with God sounds appealing but also a little daunting. How is it possible to have a real, daily, deep friendship with an inconceivably big God? Amy dives deep into John 15:9-15 to uncover the keys to the relationship for which we were all created. Through Biblical teaching, personal stories and practical applications, she will help you to:
- Battle our culture’s allure by knowing God’s superior benefits.
- See the delightful results of obedience instead of being mired in drudgery and duty.
- Step out of loneliness and disillusionment in human friendships into a forever friendship that never disappoints.
Sometimes a look at life leaves you feeling like you’ve been stuck with the leftovers. This session is an encouraging look at hurt, disappointment and suffering from a new perspective. Amy will encourage you by guiding you to:
- Realize hat even hard experiences aren’t wasted.
- Value each difficult circumstance as an opportunity for growth.
- Recognize the power of thankfulness in overcoming disappointment.
What is your standard for a wonderful Christmas? For many women, perfection is the standard by which we measure our holidays, but perfectionism sets us up for disappointment and struggle. Amy encourages you to:
- Embrace a new standard for measuring the success of the holidays.
- Experience the pleasure of Christmas with a focus on relationships.
- Express your true, inner self with joy and freedom instead of celebrating “like everyone else.”
For a full list of Amy’s topics, please click here to visit her website.
What Others are Saying about Amy
“Whether in a small group, classroom or conference setting, Amy easily relates to those around her with charm, humor and the challenge of truth.”
— Barry Lane, Pastor
“Amy’s humorous delivery and home-run direct-blow application points are what make them so memorable and usable. There are a few memorable phrases that seem to float up at just the right time. I cannot say enough about her contagious passion for seeking God’s heart.”
— Kathy Parker, Conference Attendee
Amy’s message is Biblically sound, relevant and powerful. Many of our ladies have said that she is their favorite speaker to date, and we so appreciated her teaching and accessibility!
— Patty Baird, Event Coordinator, Marysville, Ohio
Amy is an absolute JOY!! She took us on a journey leading us right to the heart of Jesus. Her passion for the Lord came through in every word she spoke. Amy came to us as a speaker; she left as a friend.
— Dianna Corson, Event Coordinator, Murfreesboro, TN
Amy speaks with such enthusiasm and transparency that women can’t help but be drawn in. Weeks after the conference, women are not only still talking about what they learned but also applying it to their daily lives. This is what a women’s conference is all about–changing lives for greater kingdom impact!
— Sondie Williamson, Event Coordinator, Pinehurst, NC