Tracie Miles is a member of the national speaker team with Proverbs 31 Ministries and enjoys speaking to women’s groups at keynote events and weekend retreats across the country. Her passion is to lead women closer to the heart of God, help them embrace their value and purpose in Him, and inspire them to live intentionally for Christ.
Tracie is the author of Stressed-Less Living: Finding God’s Peace In Your Chaotic World, released in October 2012. She is a contributing writer for the Proverbs 31 Encouragement For Today Devotions, Everyday Life, and has been featured several times in the P31 Woman magazine. Tracie is also the author of Reinventing Your Rainbow, an inspirational book for women focused on finding forgiveness, peace, and joy, while discovering the purpose God created them to fulfill.
Tracie has been married to her husband, Michael, for over 22 years. They have three children and live in Charlotte, NC. Tracie graduated from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte and worked in the corporate world for 15 years until God placed a call on her heart to focus on Christian speaking and writing. In addition to being a national Proverbs 31 speaker, Tracie is also a Corporate Trainer in the areas of stress management, work/life balance, team building and leadership.
For more information about Tracie, visit her blog at www.traciemiles.com, and connect with her on Facebook and Twitter. Also check out her new book website, www.stressedlessliving.com, for free tips and resources about managing stress, God’s way.
Based on Tracie’s new best-selling book Stressed-Less Living: Finding God’s Peace In Your Chaotic World, this weekend of biblical teaching helps women embrace God’s peace and rest and break the stronghold that stress has over their lives. Women will discover the spiritual, mental and physical toll that stress takes on them and the dangers of ignoring it. They will glean a fresh perspective on how God’s peace can become a reality in their life by learning to focus on Him and lean on Him in their everyday lives. During this retreat, women will:
- Recognize how to hear God’s gentle whispers amid the chaos of life.
- Discover how to be filled with peace even when life’s circumstances are not peaceful.
- Learn how to apply God’s stress-less biblical principles to the stressors of modern society.
- Embrace the physical and piritual benefits of looking to God for stress relief.
- Be empowered to step out in faith and seek God’s will for their lives.
The longing of every woman’s heart is to feel loved, accepted, and beautiful, yet many women spend their entire lives seeking these validations from the world, instead of Christ. This weekend retreat/conference leaves women knowing that not only are they are a precious child of God, beautiful in every way, but that they have been equipped by Him to fulfill a purpose that only they can fulfill based on the experiences of their life. Women will go home with a transformed heart and mind and an empowered attitude as they:
- Stop the game of comparison and learn to see themselves through God’s perspective.
- Experience the power in God’s unconditional forgiveness and find freedom from regret.
- Recognize the value in taking off their mask and being real with themselves, others and God.
- Believe for the first time that their entire lives have been divinely designed by God.
- Embark on an adventure of faith to discover God’s ordained purpose for their lives.
Hearing and discerning God’s voice is the most important part of our prayer and fellowship time with God. Most Christians long to hear God’s voice thundering through the air with the answers to their problems. However, God’s voice is more like a gentle whisper, requiring an intimate relationship in order to hear it. With this heartfelt message full of personal stories, women will be reminded of how God speaks intimately and personally, and learn how to be more aware of His voice in their own life as they:
- Recognize how to hear God’s voice in the unique, individualized ways He chooses to speak.
- Embrace the importance of prayer and deep fellowship with God.
- Believe that God’s Word is alive and relevant and begin to build a spiritual hunger for it.
- Learn five ways to be more in tune with God’s voice on a daily basis.
Life is hard, but we don’t have let it harden our hearts. This session covers the top five stressors women deal with today (finances, marriage, parenting, work and economy) and pulls out biblical principles for dealing with each of those areas. Women will glean inspiration and hope as they are reminded that Jesus understands our problems and He has everything under control. Women will be motivated to trust God in their every day circumstances as they:
- Gain a fresh perspective on how God’s Word applies to the top five modern-day stressors.
- Toss out fear and anxiety by learning to be still and stop striving.
- Foster a renewed desired to build an intimate relationship with Jesus.
- Discover true inner peace by learning to seek God’s peace above all else.
God often calls us to do things that seem beyond our comfort zone or capabilities, causing us to hesitate in our obedience and question our calling. This session focuses on helping women realize that God has been equipping them throughout their lifetime for the purpose He destined just for them, even if His plan does not make sense yet. Ladies will be inspired to take a leap of faith in their life and pursue God’s will for their lives as they:
- Understand how to cultivate a true servants heart.
- Learn the benefits of getting plugged into ministry and service.
- Replace the fear of failure with God inspired confidence and enthusiasm for purpose.
- Recognize how procrastination results in missing God’s best.
- Build a desire to faithfully and passionately seek God’s will for their life.
The longing of every woman’s heart is to feel loved, accepted and beautiful, but many women spend their entire lives seeking these validations from the world, instead of Christ. This session leaves women knowing that they are a special child of God, beautiful in every way, and valued beyond measure – flaws and all. Women will leave with a new perspective on the treasure that they are in God’s eyes by:
- Stopping the unhealthy cycle of comparison and discovering how true value and beauty comes from God
- Breaking free from the habit of self condemnation and criticism
- Push past feelings of inferiority or inadequacy and position themselves to be confident in their identity in Christ
For a full list of Tracie’s topics, please click here to visit her website.
What Others are Saying about Tracie
We couldn’t have been more pleased. It was so apparent that God was with us all weekend and He absolutely spoke through Tracie! We had women ready to register for next year before they left because they were so moved.
– Kristy, Buncombe United Methodist, Greenville, SC
The experience I had at the retreat has been life changing. Thank you for sharing your story and for having God speak to me through you. I came home and wrote about my experience because I never want to forget. It is one of the last things I need to do to lay my mask down at the altar. I too, have heard God tell me to share my story but out of shame, I kept it to myself. This past weekend I have been set free. A thank you does not seem enough…….
– Retreat Attendee, Fellowship Alliance Chapel, Cape May, NJ
We were so pleased with Tracie and she did a great job of connecting with our ladies!
– Cindy, Church of Chapel Hill, Douglasville, GA
We are the ones that were blessed. Thank you, Tracie, for your obedience and the example that you set for the women of our church. We are grateful to have a message that comes alive in the hearts of so many. You did great and know that you touched many. We are enjoying the lingering memory of worship and word that happened this past weekend.
– Kathleen, Zarephath Christian Church, Zarephath, NJ
Tracie, we received a powerful testimony in email after the conference. It is further confirmation that God has a plan for each of our lives and I am so blessed that YOU were included in His plan for so many hurting women this weekend.
– Shirley, Redeemer Lutheran Church, Peoria, IL
When I started looking for a speaker for our event, every time I went to Proverbs 31 website I was drawn to Tracie. I prayed about the choice but God seemed to lead me back to her every time. She was all and more I was hoping for. I felt like I had known her forever when she arrived. Not only myself, but the ladies have commented on her gentle spirit and friendliness. Her message was one we all needed to be reminded of and I would highly recommend her to anyone.
– Donna, Temple Baptist, Simpsonville, SC
The feedback from the ladies at the church was great! The surveys were filled with positive comments. Many ladies left so encouraged and excited to move forward! Thank you so much for the time you put into this, for heeding the Spirit’s direction and for sharing your heart with the women of Riva Trace. I believe that you struck a chord with many who attended, and I’ve heard stories of ladies who opened up/removed masks who had never before felt free enough to be quite so vulnerable. I know that the Holy Spirit moved among the retreat, but I know it’s in large part due to your transparency and willingness to be real. Consistent, relevant, Spirit-inspired… perfect!
– Kim, Riva Trace Baptist, Riva, MD
Tracie spoke at our event and was amazing. She had an amazing connection with our audience of 225 women. It was incredible and her teachings were bible based as well as intertwined with personal stories that made her really special. She was also available for prayer later and women really spoke highly of her.
– Yvonne, North River Community Church, Pembroke, MA
This was a very special annual event for our ladies and it was a pleasure having Tracie as a guest speaker. We were very pleased with Tracie’s message and presentation and she related well with our audience.
– Gail, Durham Memorial, Charlotte, NC