We use Disqus (pronounced “Discuss”) as the commenting system on our study blog. While you can and are welcome to comment as a guest , for the best community experience, we invite you to create a Disqus account . See below to learn how and why. Note: If you’re a Yahoo or AOL user, unfortunately these steps do not work. It is an issue we’re aware of and have been in contact with Disqus. We’re sorry for the inconvenience. Please see below to learn more.
Steps to Create a Disqus Account:
- Click here to enter your information to create your account.
- Check your email for a confirmation message. (Note: This could take a few minutes to
arrive.) If you are a Yahoo or AOL user, you will be unable to receive this message. Please see below to learn more.
- Open the email and confirm your account. Congrats! You’re now all set to comment on our study blog. Now, when you go to our blog, you should already be signed in and ready to comment.
For an even quicker commenting avenue, sign up using your social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter or Google +. Comments by community members who have DISQUS accounts will display immediately within comment threads.
Benefits of Creating a Disqus Account:
- Once your account is created, commenting is faster and easier.
- With an account, your comments are added immediately and don’t have to wait for moderator approval like guest comments do, making what you have to share more quickly visible for others to connect with you.
- The name and image you choose to add to your account will consistently show next to each of your comments, helping others in our community begin to recognize you. (Note: you can use your real name and picture OR a created name and image to remain anonymous/private.)
- All your comments will be tracked in your account so you can easily go back to view them and check for replies.
- Disqus will email you when someone replies to your comments.
- You can “follow” others in the community to see and reply to their comments regularly and others can do the same for you. (Note: you can set your account to private if you do not wish others to follow you or see your commenting history.)
- Concerned about email solicitation? Your email isn’t visible to anyone except Disqus, not even our ministry.
Yahoo and AOL email domains filter out the Disqus emails that enable users to verify and create their accounts. We’re sorry you’re experiencing these difficulties!
Unfortunately, we are unsure when Disqus will resolve these issues, so let’s explore your other options to create an account:
- Sign up with your Facebook or Twitter account by clicking the Facebook or Twitter logo on the sign-up page.
- Use another email address (e.g., gmail, hotmail, etc.) and follow the steps found above in "Steps to Create a Disqus Account."
- Comment as a guest. Please click here to learn more.
We hope you’ll utilize our commenting features to build relationships with other women seeking God’s truth in their lives. If you’re having trouble signing up, validating or commenting, check out the links below.
We can’t wait to connect with you,
The Proverbs 31 Web Team
DISQUS Account Help
Still having trouble commenting?
Email OBS support.