It seems like every opportunity that comes our way is often followed by opposition. So ... how do you really know if it’s God who is really telling you to keep pursuing that opportunity when you face a giant roadblock? What do you do when you’ve lost all confidence to do what you think He’s called you to do?
In today’s podcast episode, Katy McCown, one of our First 5 mobile app writers, will give a teaching from our First 5 study titled Opposition and Opportunity, based on the books of Ezra and Nehemiah. You’ll learn that if you’re only looking for opportunities and not expecting opposition with them, it’s easy to get confused about what you thought you were supposed to do. Or worse, you might even think you’ve misheard God or taken a wrong step, because if God really wanted you to make a move … why would something get in the way?
In this episode, you’ll…
- Gain clarity on the calling you believe God is asking you to follow by understanding the difference between an opportunity from God and opposition from the enemy.
- Identify common tactics of the enemy — confusion, doubt and fear — and how to train your eyes to look away from the opposition you see and focus on the opportunity in front of you.
- Claim your identity in Christ and speak Truth to combat the enemy’s lies while trusting God to go before you in every battle you face.
- Discover more about Opposition and Opportunity by doing our study in the First 5 app! All you need to do is download the FREE First 5 mobile app (available for Apple and Android devices) and go to the “Plans” section in the app. Just search for the title Opposition and Opportunity and start the study!
- Take your study of Opposition and Opportunity further by purchasing the accompanying Study Guide, available at p31bookstore.com. All of our Study Guides are designed to take you deeper into Scripture with questions to help you apply God’s Word to your life.
- Access more teachings just like the one you heard today through the First 5 app each weekend. Simply make sure you have the app downloaded, and there will be a fresh audio teaching each weekend available to help you apply what you’re learning during the week to your life!
Click here to download the transcript for this episode.