It can feel frustrating when you've tried really hard to follow God and it's not working anymore. In fact, it hurts.
But God isn't trying to hurt us; He's trying to help us. Often these frustrations happen because we've unknowingly adopted unhealthy thought patterns and ways of living. Like Jacob wrestled with God in the Bible, we, too, have to wrestle with the lies and false beliefs that have taken root in our lives in order to experience healing and freedom. On this episode, author and Proverbs 31 Ministries staff member Ashley Morgan Jackson shares her story of wrestling with God. She helps us identify the lies we are believing and shows us how to turn to God when nothing else we've tried is working. You won't want to miss this episode!
- Order a copy of Ashley’s new book, Tired of Trying: How to Hold On to God When You’re Frustrated, Fed Up, and Feeling Forgotten.
- Download Ashley’s free resource: “Disappointed with God” reflection guide.
We created COMPEL Writers Training just for YOU! Stay accountable to practice your writing skills, and know you are not alone through our online community. Click here to join!
- Check out the other shows on the Proverbs 31 Ministries Podcast Network: Therapy & Theology with Lysa TerKeurst and the Encouragement for Today Podcast.
- To the woman constantly pouring out, we created a day where all you have to do is show up and be filled. Join us for Reset: A Saturday To Tend to Your Soul at First Baptist Church in Charlotte, NC, on October 7, 2023.
- Click here to download a transcript of this episode.