I just can't keep doing this!
If you have ever found yourself feeling this way, we've been there. That's why we have our friend Jennifer Dukes Lee on this episode talk about how crucial it is to be honest with God during difficult seasons of life. Through her own experiences of relying on God through challenging times, Jennifer emphasizes the need for both vulnerability and community. Learn about the power of lament and how it can help us communicate with God in a more authentic way, and consider this your permission not to have it all together.
- Download a sample of our First 5 study guide, Can I Be Honest? How To Process and Express Your Emotions in a Biblical Way. You'll get an introduction to the study, Old Testament Bible timelines, “Lament” definition, plus … the first three days of the study!
- Get Jennifer’s book Stuff I’d Only Tell God: A Guided Journal of Courageous Honesty, Obsessive Truth-Telling, and Beautifully Ruthless Self-Discovery. With this book, you’ll find the space, the courage and the help you need to unearth the real you — the you that is sometimes buried deep beneath a layer of self-protection.
- For regular monthly updates and a word from Kaley (your host), sign up for the Podcast Insider newsletter!
- Get our newest study guide, Can I Be Honest? How To Process and Express Your Emotions in a Biblical Way.
- Click here to download a transcript of this episode.
Proverbs 31 Ministries is a nonprofit organization, and this podcast is funded thanks to the generous support of our one-time and monthly donors. To learn more about how to partner with us, click here!
We want to hear how this podcast has impacted you! Share your story with us here.