Wendy is a wife to Scott, mother to Blaire and Griffin, author, speaker, and Bible study teacher. She loves lazy Sundays watching golf with her husband, thrift store shopping with her daughter, and watching building shows with her son.
Wendy is the author of Wait and See: Finding Peace in God’s Pauses and Plans. She is a contributing author to the Real-Life Women’s Devotional Bible, Encouragement for Today: Devotions for Daily Living, The Reason We Speak, and God’s Purpose for Every Woman. Wendy writes devotions for Proverbs 31 Ministries Encouragement for Today and is a content provider the free online devotion app, First 5 as well as member of the Proverbs 31 Ministries Speaker Team.
She leads women all over the world to life change through her in-depth online Bible studies. She has led thousands of women through her Read Through the Word study of the One Chronological Bible. She is witty, down-to-earth, and transparent. Wendy teaches in such way that every woman feels that she is speaking directly to their heart.
Her messages are filled with Biblical insights but sprinkled with just the right amount of humor to help her audience see she is a real, everyday woman. Wendy inspires her audiences to:
- Make spending time in God’s Word each day a priority
- Look for God working around them every day
- View life with a God-first perspective
- Massage away the ache of hurried deadlines.
- Flex the schedule of your to-do list.
- Give your face a permanent lift.
Based on Wendy’s new book “Wait and See.”
God tucks a dream in your heart. You believe His promise. You do all the “right” things. Then you wait. You wonder if you heard God correctly. Does He know how hard waiting is? From the time he was crowned king to the time he took his throne, David experienced 16 years of waiting. What does David’s story teach us in our own waiting seasons? Wendy draws biblical truth to help us live well in the waiting.
- Focus on the Person of our faith rather than the object of our wait • Prepare for the future by participating in God’s work in the present
- View God’s pauses as opportunities to know Him better
- Gain confidence in God’s plans, even during uncertain times
- Step out of the security of the known to find peace in the unknown
- Peace from a Biblical rather than a worldly point of view
- A prescription for prayer that will deepen your connection to God.
- Practical ways to make God’s Word come alive
- Define what balance is and is not
- Discern when to say yes, no, and maybe
- Discover and rest in the steadiness of God’s plan
The prophet Isaiah extols Jesus as the “Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” Wendy brings this Scripture to life as she connects the prophecy in Isaiah 9:6 to everyday life. A woman listening to this message will be encouraged to:
- Seek her Wonderful Counselor when she needs wisdom and guidance
- Draw strength from her Mighty God when she feels defenseless
- Enjoy her Everlasting Father who is consistent when life is not
- Rest in her Prince of Peace when she becomes restless
What Others are Saying about Wendy
“Wendy is sensitive to the Holy Spirit’s voice, and is obedient to His leading and direction, such that she can communicate God’s Truth in an easy to understand and unforgettable way across all generations. Her teaching compels you to apply the Truth to your own life. Wendy’s love for God and His Word is contagious.”
— Linda Schoch, Women’s Conference Coordinator FUMC, Collingswood, NJ
“Wendy’s gift to draw the audience in with the conviction of her passion to minister to women, and her willingness to be obedient and step out of her own comfort zones was absolutely indescribable. We will have her back again.”
— Keturah Bouyer Director of The MOVE Conference for Women, Lansing, MI
“Wendy has a beautiful and encouraging personality with a true passion for bringing Jesus to everyone she meets. Her love for the Lord shines through in everything she does. Through her energetic disposition, she teaches women about the importance of spending time with Jesus, and the impact the scriptures can have on your life.”
— Lisa Russell Fellowship Alliance Church, Medford, NY