Wendy connects with warmth, wit and authenticity whether speaking on stage or engaging in personal conversation. Reflecting grace and wisdom gleaned from her consistent study of Scripture, she inspires women to begin or renew a commitment to daily prayer and Bible study.
Wendy’s passion to impart Jesus’ words, “I’ve come that they may have life, and have it to the full,” will refresh a woman in her calling as wife, mother, friend, leader, and most importantly, daughter of God.
Wendy is married with two children. She’s the author of Out of the Mouths of Babes, is a contributing author for God’s Purpose for Every Woman and The Reason We Speak, and has been featured in the P31 Woman magazine. You can read Wendy’s devotions in Encouragement for Today, online devotions, which reach over 500,000 daily. In 2009, Wendy began leading an online daily study of the One-Year Chronological Bible on her blog beginning with a few hundred people. Today, over 2,500 people have followed Wendy in this study.
From Wendy’s Heart
My heart’s desire is know Christ intimately and to stir the same desire in other women. The calling God has placed on my life is to encourage women to hunger for a close walk with Jesus Christ. I want women to know their needs, their thirsts can only be quenched by a life totally abandoned to self and devoted to Him. My life’s verse is Acts 20:24: “However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus had given, me, the task of testifying to the gospel of God’s grace.”
Deep in the heart of a woman is the desire to be accepted and friended by another woman. Someone who gets her. Someone with whom to share life. That gal pal she can call when the test comes back negative, the sale on shoes are buy one get one, or needs help completing this week’s Bible study questions.
Let’s spend some time together and talk about:
- Investing in relationships that build us up rather than burn us out.
- Tackling those tough times with grace.
- Cultivating healthy friendships with Jesus as our example.
Life is crazy busy. Deadlines. Demands. Day-to day to do list. What is a woman to do? Why not go to the spa? Relax your body. Refresh your soul. Rejuvenate your spirit. Invite your girlfriend to escape daily grind and experience. Spend some in the relaxation, refreshment and rejuvenation of God’s Word.
Learn to exchange a hurried lifestyle by allowing God’s truth to:
- Massage away the ache of hurried deadlines.
- Flex the schedule of your to-do list.
- Give your face a permanent lift.
Looking for peace? Wondering how to get and keep it? In this 3 session retreat Wendy unpack the power in Philippians 4:7, “And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
Session One: Prayer
- Purpose of Being Still
- Power of the Silence
- Position of Power
Session 2: The Word
- Practical ways to make God’s Word come alive
- Simple techniques in applying God’s Word
- Easy steps to researching the background and meaning of scriptures
Session 3: His Peace
- Define Biblical Peace
- Discover how to maintain peace in the midst of pandemonium
- Detect our peace robber
Are you lost in the sea of ministry potential, wondering why yours is so hard to find? Our personal potential is illusive when we allow it to be defined by others’. Wendy shares candidly about her struggles and the traps that held her for years and kept her from discovering the ministry God created her for.
In this session Wendy will help you:
- Discover your God-given potential
- Overcome ministry “myths” with God’s truths
- Embrace and celebrate your present place of ministry
- View pauses as opportunities to strengthen your faith.
- Gain confidence and peace in uncertain times.
- Trust the perfection of God’s timing.
- Define what balance is and is not.
- Know when to say yes, no, and maybe.
- Replace the anxieties of hurriedness with calm of balance.
- Practical ways to make God’s Word come alive.
- Simple techniques in applying God’s Word.
- Easy steps to researching the background and meaning of scriptures.
- Seek her Wonderful Counselor when she needs wisdom and guidance.
- Draw strength from her Mighty God when she feels defenseless.
- Enjoy her Everlasting Father who is consistent when life is not.
- Rest in her Prince of Peace when she becomes restless.
What Others are Saying about Wendy
“Wendy has inspired me to new depths of enthusiasm for exploring God’s Word, yet made the discovery process simple enough to learn and use even amidst my sometimes chaotic schedule. Wendy’s passion for living out God’s Word in her everyday life is refreshing, her teaching style is motivating and her approach to delving into the Scriptures is fun to learn and exciting to apply.”
– MarLo Huffington, Chairman of the Board, Hearts at Home
“Wendy loves God and His Word with all of her heart and it is evident when she speaks and writes. She passionately shares about God and yet exposes her own shortcomings so that she can connect with her audience. She encourages women to spend time with God everyday and to put God first in all things. She is fun, energetic and engaging. I know that we will be friends for life.”
– Wendi Westmoreland, Retreat Events Coordinator, Hillcrest Baptist Church
“Wendy has a delightful presence and a confidence in the truth in God’s Word. She has a good balance of sharing openly and humbly from her own life but allows God to take charge. She passionately shares scriptures and exhorts women to make time alone with God a priority in their lives. Her love for Jesus and her convictions based on His Word are strongly evident.”
– Marilyn Smith, Conference Guest