Pause for a moment and think about your relationships … your spouse, children, friends, co-workers, neighbors. You can probably name some highs and lows of each relationship because, well, humans are human. And humans mess up!
Our relationship with the church is no different. When a body of believers (who are by nature sinners) come together, things aren’t always a beautiful picture of a happy community without conflict. Whether or not you’re new to the Christian community, a phrase that you’ll likely hear is “church hurt.” At Proverbs 31 Ministries, we don’t want to just talk about church hurt; we want to dig into God’s Word and understand what He says about the Church (the body of believers). Using the first church in the book of Acts as an example, Whitney Capps will lead us through a Scripture-based conversation on church hurt and how to navigate it in our own lives.
In this episode, it’s our hope that you’ll …
- Understand the relationship between the church and its members as outlined in Scripture and find your place in a community of believers.
- Acknowledge the hurt you’re facing and find a way to forgive those who’ve hurt you through the lens of Scripture.
- Develop empathy for those who have been hurt by the church and discover ways you can reach out to help someone close to you take the next step toward healing.
- Stay rooted in God’s Word by giving Him the first five minutes of your day with our free First 5 mobile app! Download it today for your Apple or Android device.
- With Whitney Capps’ book, Sick of Me, you’ll take the next steps on your faith journey to look more like Jesus today than you did yesterday. Purchase your copy today!
- Visit whitneycapps.com to download a free resource on how to walk through specific situations of church hurt and how to process the hurt you’re facing today.
Click here to download the transcript for this episode.