Why is it so enticing to choose lesser things over lasting things?
Do you ever pick up your phone or watch a mindless show without thinking anything of it, but end up wondering where the day went when you lay down at night? Sometimes even the things that are entertaining and good can leave us feeling empty, lesser and lacking. So, how do we set healthy boundaries and train our minds to choose what’s best over what seems right in the moment?
Today on The Proverbs 31 Ministries Podcast, we’re tackling distractions head-on with our friends Amanda Bacon and Anne-Renee Gumley of The Masterpiece Mom. Amanda and Anne-Renee will give a teaching based on their latest book, Shiny Things: Mothering on Purpose in a World of Distractions (and we promise it isn’t just for moms).
In this episode of the podcast, you will…
- Identify the areas where you’re most distracted by “shiny things” and create a priority list that you’re determined to live out, not just write out.
- Stop being distracted by comparing your life to someone else’s as you start focusing on the assignment that only you can do.
- Grow your desire to have a strong relationship with the Lord in order to develop the persistence you need to stick to your “lasting” list instead of the “lesser” things in life.
- Learn more about how to choose lasting things over lesser things with Amanda and Anne-Renee’s book, Shiny Things. Purchase yours today from Proverbs 31 Ministries!
- Fill your social media feed with encouragement and uplifting content by following Proverbs 31 Ministries on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.
- Help us get The Proverbs 31 Ministries Podcast to even more listeners by leaving a review on iTunes!
Click here to download the transcript for this episode.